X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

my pinchie pooped on me
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

KTVA reporter quits on-air, reveals herself as owner of Alaska Cannabis Club

Laurel Andrews
      September 21, 2014

Reporter Charlo Greene quit on-air during KTVA-TV's 10 p.m. newscast Sunday, revealing herself as the owner of the medical marijuana business Alaska Cannabis Club and telling viewers that she would be using all of her energy to fight for legalizing marijuana in Alaska.

Greene had reported on the Alaska Cannabis Club during Sunday night’s broadcast, without revealing her connection to it. At the end of the report, during a live shot, she announced that she was the club's owner and would be quitting.

“Now everything you've heard is why I, the actual owner of the Alaska Cannabis Club, will be dedicating all of my energy toward fighting for freedom and fairness, which begins with legalizing marijuana here in Alaska," she said. "And as for this job, well, not that I have a choice but, fuck it, I quit.”

And with that, she walked off camera.

Alaska Cannabis Club had urged its Facebook followers to tune in to the broadcast Sunday evening.

Reached later, Greene said KTVA had no idea she was going to quit, or that she was connected to the Alaska Cannabis Club.

Asked why she quit in such a dramatic way, she said, "Because I wanted to draw attention to this issue. And the issue is medical marijuana. Ballot Measure 2 is a way to make medical marijuana real ... most patients didn’t know the state didn’t set up the framework to get patients their medicine."

"If I offended anyone, I apologize, but I’m not sorry for the choice that I made," she said.

In a statement posted on KTVA's Facebook page Sunday night, news director Bert Rudman said, "We sincerely apologize for the inappropriate language used by a KTVA reporter during her live presentation on the air tonight. The employee has been terminated."

Started in April, the Alaska Cannabis Club connects medical marijuana cardholders with other cardholders who are growing cannabis. Growers are offered "donations" as reimbursement for the costs of growing marijuana, the club said in an interview with Alaska Dispatch News in August. The club said it hopes to increase access to medical marijuana patients, despite operating in a legal gray area within Alaska's murky medical marijuana laws.

Video clips of the broadcast were quickly uploaded to YouTube and shared on Reddit Sunday night.

Marijuana legalization opposition group “Big Marijuana. Big Mistake. Vote No on 2” posted on its Twitter page “#KTVA reporter covering ballot measure 2 loses her mind, confesses to being an owner of the cannabis club and quits while on the air.”

Alaska voters will decide on Nov. 4 whether to legalize recreational use of pot in the state, as Colorado and Washington have.
      Contact Laurel Andrews at laurel@alaskadispatch.com, Google+ or Twitter

Usually, I despise the practice of recording TV videos on your cell phone and posting the low resolution crap online, but in this case, it's actually worth watching......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Willie Nelson Becomes Maureen Dowd's 'Marijuana Miyagi'

By Kory Grow | September 22, 2014

In his Rolling Stone cover story, Willie Nelson said that New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd was welcome on his bus to get high properly "anytime" after reading her account of a bad experience with a marijuana-infused candy bar. Dowd took him up on the offer and penned her Sunday Review op-ed column about how welcoming and enlightening Nelson was, calling him her "marijuana Miyagi."

The columnist met with Nelson before his recent concert at Washington, D.C.'s 9:30 Club, where he invited her onto his tour bus, the Honeysuckle Rose. After she got over her nerves ("The 81-year-old Redheaded Stranger is an icon," she wrote, "one of America's top songwriters and, as Rolling Stone said, 'a hippie's hippie and a redneck's redneck'"), she asked him what she should know about legal pot so she does not have a repeat episode.

"The same thing that happened to you happened to me one or two times when I was not aware of how much strength was in whatever I was eating," Nelson told her. "One time, I ate a bunch of cookies that, I knew they were laced but I didn't worry about it. I just wanted to see what it would do, and I overdid it, naturally, and I was laying there, and it felt like the flesh was falling off my bones.

"Honestly, I don't do edibles," he continued. "I'd rather do it the old-fashioned way, because I don't enjoy the high that the body gets. Although I realize there's a lot of other people who have to have it that way, like the children that they're bringing to Colorado right now for medical treatments. Those kids can't smoke. So for those people, God bless 'em, we're for it."

"I thought the article was great," Nelson tells Rolling Stone. "Pretty funny."

In his Rolling Stone interview, Nelson had said that, after Dowd's bad trip, "maybe she'll read the label now." In her column, Dowd wrote, "Nelson humored me as I also pointed out that the labels last winter did not feature the information that would have saved me from my night of dread." (New labeling laws have since been passed in both of the states where weed is legal, Colorado and Washington.)

Elsewhere in the column, Nelson explained why he had started smoking weed in the first place. "I found out that pot is the best thing for me because I needed something to slow me down a little bit," Nelson told Dowd. Referring to his past as a "mean drunk," to use Dowd's phrasing, he also said that if he had continued to drink heavily, "there's no telling how many people I would have killed by now."

Additionally, the country singer shrugged off California Governor Jerry Brown's claim that America's superiority would be threatened if everyone indulged in marijuana and humored a question about a time when he allegedly smoked a joint on the roof of the White House, during the Carter administration. "It happened a long time ago," he said. "I'm sure it happened."

As for possibly smoking pot in the Lincoln bedroom, Nelson told Dowd, "I wouldn't do anything Lincoln would have done."
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Fuck it..I quit

TV reporter: “F*** It, I quit.” CNN’s Jeanne Moos reports she went out with a bang to help legalize the bong.

I love this chick...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Charlo Greene explains why she said "Fuck It" and walked off the set.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Now, if she's lucky, she can be a clerk at a WaWa. How ultra stupid.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I say everyone go on strike and shut the fucking world down!
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

I kinda like it..sounds like she was forced to quit or be fired..so she did it without going quietly..

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    Now, if she's lucky, she can be a clerk at a WaWa. How ultra stupid.
                    I think she owns a pot shop somewhere...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Didn't realize. Just figured burning a bridge and tarnishing yourself for future employment was something only lottery winners should do.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

I believe the issue is that she was reporting on or had reported on stories that included reference or feature of the shop she has an ownership interest in and did not disclose or recuse herself.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          Didn't realize. Just figured burning a bridge and tarnishing yourself for future employment was something only lottery winners should do.
                          If she plans to make a future living selling legal pot what she did will make her a big hero with her potential customers. Hey she took a stand for what she believes in. At least she's not a sheep like most people and because we have so many sheep it's why the citizens get rolled by the big corporate machine. Why? Because they are sheep and the man knows it.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

More CNN anti-weed propaganda.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Weed makes you swear ... Proof right there
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                                I believe the issue is that she was reporting on or had reported on stories that included reference or feature of the shop she has an ownership interest in and did not disclose or recuse herself.
                                That is entirely possible, since she used a different name on the air than she did as the owner of the cannabis club. Maybe somebody at the TV station was curious why she (as a reporter) couldn't land an interview with the owner, despite having no apparent problems getting access to the business otherwise?
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...