Thread: *That* Diamond Dave song?

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Question *That* Diamond Dave song?

Whoa... it's been a long, long time since I've finally been able to come back here, what with relocation, lack of web connections, blah blah blah... but, heh heh, I still do manage to emerge victorious coming back by having nailed one of the Van Halen 2007 tickets and getting to see Dave live! But I digress...

I'm trying to recall the name of that controversial song Dave recorded back around 2003 or so that was some kind of limited release single, it was being called a change in musical direction because apparently it was a techno track. I recall it causing a lot of discussion on the net at the time, and I had even managed to find a link talking about it and showing its cover (I think it was a brown/orange-ish cover with the backside of topless chicks or something like that), but it wasn't released on one of his albums. I tried searching for the subject on here but wasn't able to locate any surviving posts on the subject, unfortunately.

P.S. Whatever happened to all thos music videos that started appearing on his site just before the release of "Diamond Dave"? (The ones with the chicks in silver cat costumes.) I was never able to find any follow-up info to that stuff either.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Look at all the People here tonight was the title

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Okay. thanks.

I used the title on Google (which seems to be having weird issues) and found the remains of an old thread on here about the track. Sounds like it wasn't even put together by Dave. The comments make it sound lousy, was it really that bad?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Basically, it was a techno track that was put together by Dave's webmasters at the time (who called themselves "The Keepers" or TK for short). Dave probably had very little involvement in the project himself.

Right around that same time there was another techno song "Swingtown 2000" put out as a response to rumors from a fake "insider" that Van Halen was suposedly working with Steve Miller. I don't suppose anybody out there still has a copy of that one.

Sadly, I don't. And I'm the one who created it.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ah, the old Slawterhouse days....

I still recall the epic battle over whether that piece of slop was a real song or not. It was so far below Roth standards.

I was told that TK slapped together a follow-up called "Pullin' Weeds From A Thermos At A Burger King", but it never went anywhere....

The Reverend
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wolf View Post
    P.S. Whatever happened to all thos music videos that started appearing on his site just before the release of "Diamond Dave"? (The ones with the chicks in silver cat costumes.) I was never able to find any follow-up info to that stuff either.
    That video footage was take from his 'No Holds BBQ' home video release. I bought it on the Dave and Spam Tour in 2002. It's basically a 90 minute montage of video and interview footage taken at Dave's house; the 'Mojo Dojo'. Lots of martial arts stuff too. One of the soundtrack tunes was 'Baker Street'. I thought it was an awesome video tape... mind you, Dave can do no wrong in my mind. I'd compare it to a 90 minute LSD trip with Dave as your host.

If I can get the VHS tape back from my buddy, I'll get it up online. It's quite wild.

The Reverend
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here's 'Baker Street':

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Basically, it was a techno track that was put together by Dave's webmasters at the time (who called themselves "The Keepers" or TK for short). Dave probably had very little involvement in the project himself.
    "Look at All the People Here Tonite!" was by The Keepers?! How the hell did Dave let them do that? I interned at a radio station back in '00 and they even had a copy of the single I think. That's weird.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slimdon View Post
    That video footage was take from his 'No Holds BBQ' home video release. I bought it on the Dave and Spam Tour in 2002. It's basically a 90 minute montage of video and interview footage taken at Dave's house; the 'Mojo Dojo'. Lots of martial arts stuff too. One of the soundtrack tunes was 'Baker Street'. I thought it was an awesome video tape... mind you, Dave can do no wrong in my mind. I'd compare it to a 90 minute LSD trip with Dave as your host.

If I can get the VHS tape back from my buddy, I'll get it up online. It's quite wild.
    Fantastic! That would be great if you can, I'd love to see it! By the way, the Baker Street sample was cool, I love that song and always enjoy it when Dave does covers. Too bad he didn't include that on his Diamond Dave album.

The Reverend
    Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wolf View Post
    Fantastic! That would be great if you can, I'd love to see it! By the way, the Baker Street sample was cool, I love that song and always enjoy it when Dave does covers. Too bad he didn't include that on his Diamond Dave album.
    Here's a good review with lots of clips from the 'No Holds BBQ' vid:

http://www.hennemusic.com/2010/08/da...holds-bbq.html

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This would sound great with MA harmonies

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow, for some weird reason my computer won't let me log into here ever since I tried to Google search for Dave info and found a link on there to here, yet here on my iPhone everything's fine. Strange...

Anyway, I got to check out the BBQ clips and I get a real kick out of them! Thanks for sharing them, I'd love to see the whole thing if Dave ever rereleased it on iTunes or something.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    P.S. Slimdom and ThrillsNSpills: just wanted to let you both know that while trying to use the Thanks button for your replies here on my iPhone, I got some sort of stalling here on my end due to my phone's connection and for a moment it looked on my screen like it may have tried to highlight the "report" or "problem" buttons instead. I tried hard to correct this from happening, so if anything like that did happen by accident then please accept my apologies.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nope, no "reported page" issues here. Stop using your phone and concentrate on your driving.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Nope, no "reported page" issues here. Stop using your phone and concentrate on your driving.
    ROTFL!

Oh, love the sig, by the way. I keep expecting to hear Bugs say, "South Americaaa, take it away!"

Thread Information