roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalener View Post
    People need to remember...

If there is no God, there is no Van Halen.

Have they forgotten?
    God rides a Harley and cranks Van Halen!
    aw shux.......
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Have they forgotten?
    hahaha! Thanks for the cheer!
    I have not told you lately that I love you!
    May much love be in VanHalener's life. ~Amen~
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Speaking of Atheists I heard a good line on the radio the other day.

"If there were no God there couldn't be Atheists. They would have nothing to oppose and therefore wouldn't exist."
    I wrote that line when i was 2. send money now.
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Have they forgotten?
    I used to have this neighbor who swears he saw Jesus Christ riding a Harley. Of course he admittedly was on 6 hits of acid at the time, so it would be strange to NOT see God in one form or another, in that state of mind.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    nice

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well Holmes, you can trust me when I tell you black holes in space are caused by the suck known as Hagar, there will be Diamond David Lee Roth in 2112, and the Redskins are going all the way this season.

Mr Jobs,

Thanks for the kick ass contributions to humanity. Were it not for many of your achievements I would not have it so easy today. I only wish it was legal for me to hand out wood shampoos to Westboro participants at your funeral.

~Rest in Peace~
    Preach the gospel, brother!

If lovin' the Lord is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    I used to have this neighbor who swears he saw Jesus Christ riding a Harley. Of course he admittedly was on 6 hits of acid at the time, so it would be strange to NOT see God in one form or another, in that state of mind.

Allow me to finish punishing my acoustic guitar in the garage and I will repost a picture of a dear friend. He is often described as a cross between Charles Manson and Jesus.

~it's tough posting on the only true Van Halen website when your iPhone screen is SMASHED~

=Please stand by=
    Last edited by VanHalener; 10-06-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Speaking of Atheists I heard a good line on the radio the other day.

"If there were no God there couldn't be Atheists. They would have nothing to oppose and therefore wouldn't exist."
    It doesn't work, it should say 'If there were no belief in God there couldn't be Atheists'.

Substitute 'magic invisible fairies' for God.

If there were a majority of people who believed in magical invisible fairies and based on this belief wanted to impose government policies on education, science and healthcare based on that then we would probably have a word for people who didn't.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    no, he's a hawking/dawkins hybrid...
    I sit in a pool of my own piss unable to get up whilst telling everyone there is no god?

Close enough...

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I sit in a pool of my own piss unable to get up whilst telling everyone there is no god?

Close enough...
    yeah, but in that classic stephen hawking mac voice...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was wondering how with all his money Jobs died from a minor cancer...

http://skeptoid.com/blog/2011/10/05/...ating-illness/

A Lesson in Treating Illness

Posted on October 5, 2011 by Brian Dunning

I’m sad that today I’m adding a slide to one of my live presentations, adding Steve Jobs to the list of famous people who died treating terminal diseases with woo rather than with medicine.

Seven or eight years ago, the news broke that Steve Jobs had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, but considering it a private matter, he delayed in informing Apple’s board, and Apple’s board delayed in informing the shareholders. So what. The only delay that really mattered was that Steve, it turned out, had been treating his pancreatic cancer with a special diet suggested by the alternative medicine promoter Dr. Dean Ornish.

Most pancreatic cancers are aggressive and always terminal, but Steve was lucky (if you can call it that) and had a rare form called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which is actually quite treatable with excellent survival rates — if caught soon enough. The median survival is about a decade, but it depends on how soon it’s removed surgically. Steve caught his very early, and should have expected to survive much longer than a decade. Unfortunately Steve relied on a diet instead of early surgery. There is no evidence that diet has any effect on islet cell carcinoma. As he dieted for nine months, the tumor progressed, and took him from the high end to the low end of the survival rate.

Why did he do this? Well, outsiders like us can’t know; but many who avoid medical treatment in favor of unproven alternatives do so because they’ve been given bad information, without the tools or expertise to discriminate good from bad. Steve was exposed to such bad information, as are we all.

Eventually it became clear to all involved that his alternative therapy wasn’t working, and from then on, by all accounts, Steve aggressively threw money at the best that medical science could offer. After nine months of dieting from 2003 to 2004, he finally had the surgery to remove the tumor. But it was too late. He later had to have a Whipple procedure. He had a liver transplant. And then he died, all too young.

My whole family loves Apple devices. Steve made our lives better, and I think I can say that pragmatically and without any Apple heroin in my veins. Not only that, he created my profession.

His lifelong friend Bill Gates tweeted:

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with Steve, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely. b-gat.es/qHXDsU

I saw another tweet today from @DamonLindelof that I thought was beautifully worded:

Steve Jobs. On behalf of every dreamer sitting in his or her garage who is crazy enough to try to change the world, you will be missed.

We can’t say for sure that Steve would still be alive and making lives better were it not for the alternative therapy, but the statistics suggest it very strongly. If you insist on unproven therapies, fine; but also try the proven ones while you’re at it. Nobody likes to either write or read a post such as this one.

For a more expert response to this post, see Dr. David Gorski’s critique at Science Based Medicine.

For Harvard oncology researcher Ramzi Amri’s thoughts, see the Gawker article in which he expressed the same concerns about the likely effects of Steve’s delay in surgery.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-16-2011 at 05:32 AM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow, that was quick.

Discovery Channel airing Steve Jobs documentary Sunday

The Mythbusters duo will be hosting the documentary, which will air Sunday.

By John P. Mello Jr., IT World

The Discovery Channel will be airing a one-hour documentary on Steve Jobs Sunday, hosted by Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman of Mythbusters fame.

"Steve Jobs was a creative and technological visionary who quite simply changed society as we know it," Discovery said in a statement.

"As co-founder and CEO of Apple Computer, Jobs ushered in personal computing to the masses, which in turn led to new innovations which completely changed our way of life--from how we do our work, to the way we watch movies, listen to music and interact socially," it added.

Discovery has lined up a number of sources for the production, which is called iGenius: How Steve Jobs Changed the World. Some are from Jobs' past--Lee Felsenstein, founding member of the Homebrew Computer Club; Daniel Kottke, a friend who traveled to India with Jobs and who later become an early Apple employee; and John Draper, an engineer who gave Jobs his start.

Others are from the media, science and music fields--NBC Correspondent Tom Brokaw, New York Times business reporter Joe Nocera , cultural critic Toure, Billboard Editorial Director Bill Were, Fortune magazine Managing Editor Andrew Serwer, theoretical physicist Michio Kaku, and musician Stevie Wonder.

"Someone once said that to follow the path that others have laid before you is a very reasonable course of action, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men," Mythbuster Savage said in a statement. "Steve Jobs was an unreasonable man."

"He didn't simply give the public what they wanted, he defined entirely new ways of thinking about our lives in the digital space: productivity, creativity, music, communication, media and art," he added. "He has touched, directly and indirectly, all of our lives."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't blame Jobs for trying the "alternative treatments". So-called "conventional medicine" (i.e. chemotherapy poison) has proven pretty much useless with pancreatic cancer, so he literally had nothing to lose, except money to pay for any and all options. And he certainly wasn't lacking for that.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Did you read that?

He had the unusual type of pancreatic cancer that can usually be cured but he held off proper medicine whilst he tried the witchdoctor stuff. By the time he realised his mistake it was too late.

Alternative medicine that can be shown to work is called medicine.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Wow, that was quick.

Discovery Channel airing Steve Jobs documentary Sunday

The Mythbusters duo will be hosting the documentary, which will air Sunday.

By John P. Mello Jr., IT World

The Discovery Channel will be airing a one-hour documentary on Steve Jobs Sunday, hosted by Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman of Mythbusters fame.

"Steve Jobs was a creative and technological visionary who quite simply changed society as we know it," Discovery said in a statement.

"As co-founder and CEO of Apple Computer, Jobs ushered in personal computing to the masses, which in turn led to new innovations which completely changed our way of life--from how we do our work, to the way we watch movies, listen to music and interact socially," it added.

Discovery has lined up a number of sources for the production, which is called iGenius: How Steve Jobs Changed the World. Some are from Jobs' past--Lee Felsenstein, founding member of the Homebrew Computer Club; Daniel Kottke, a friend who traveled to India with Jobs and who later become an early Apple employee; and John Draper, an engineer who gave Jobs his start.

Others are from the media, science and music fields--NBC Correspondent Tom Brokaw, New York Times business reporter Joe Nocera , cultural critic Toure, Billboard Editorial Director Bill Were, Fortune magazine Managing Editor Andrew Serwer, theoretical physicist Michio Kaku, and musician Stevie Wonder.

"Someone once said that to follow the path that others have laid before you is a very reasonable course of action, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men," Mythbuster Savage said in a statement. "Steve Jobs was an unreasonable man."

"He didn't simply give the public what they wanted, he defined entirely new ways of thinking about our lives in the digital space: productivity, creativity, music, communication, media and art," he added. "He has touched, directly and indirectly, all of our lives."
    When Jobs resigned as Apple CEO a few months ago, it was obvious that it was for health reasons, so no doubt that they started preparing the eulogies, obituaries, and tributes the very next day. Probably much of that writing and video editing being done on Mac computers, no doubt.

Thread Information