Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Well, why not dive into the ridiculousness of this conversation...since we're fucking comparing Indy cars to fucking soldiers losing their life....

Closed Cockpit or no closed cockpit, the cars are still going to go just as fast (perhaps faster), because of the different aero package involved. 90% of race fans (probably more) don't watch racing to see someone die. Wreck!!!???!!! That's a whole different animal altogether. A closed cockpit, or closing the open wheels ( as they've essentially done with the 2012 car) will save lives. The cockpit changes would help stop guys like Felipe Massa from nearly turning retarded, and would have given wheldon a slightly better chance at surviving. I'm sure that the more closed off wheels will again add to the aero, so they'll likely have to mess with the engine output or the downforce.

As nitro said earlier...these things are less downforce away from becoming airplanes...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I don't think we have to be extreme about any of this....to be honest.

Sure..the thrill of a wreck is always there in racing. I was at Daytona for the Nationwide race in 2010, and was on the infield when a massive wreck happened right between turn three and four...taking out fifteen or so cars. Shit...it was the best part of the night...but drunk as I was...the think I remember most was hoping nobody died.

I've always loved Indy cars because of the speed around those ovals...and the wrecks were just fucking incredible...not why I watched...but fuck...as bad as that wreck was...and most are saying one of the worst they've ever seen, I've seen 20 in the ballpark. Maybe not with so many cars, but fuck, I remember watching video of a couple of cars in the 60's blowing the fuck up at Indy, I think Indy...killing two drivers...and the fire and flame from those two cars were something to behold. Then another Indy...perhaps a practice...not sure...but a car hit the wall I think...and another behind it just ran it's normal line, but the car that hit the wall changed the aerodynamics, and lifted the following car behind it...and it literally took off...like a fucking airplane...did a complete fucking 360, and nearly landed back on it's wheels, before rolling over again and ending up sliding on it's roof for 3 or 400 yards...a few seconds from the drivers head. I'll see if I can get videos of both in a second..

So fuck...

Make the cars safer...who fucking cares what the drivers say...most are about as smart as a box of fucking lint anyways. Christ...Earnhardt dies...and quite simply, the only reason why is because the old school fucker didn't have a brace for his head. So who was the biggest naysayer about the Hans device at first?

His rocket-scientist son.

So these types of fucking safety measures won't preclude the violence that apparently is the driving force of motor sports...

Now...as for fucking plane wrecks at a fucking air show...well...fuck...you're pretty much dead no matter what...

But cars going 225 MPH? Clearly it's not a sure bet, since wrecks in Indy happen weekly without deaths...going between 180-220 MPH...so it's apples and oranges...

And seriously...if you put 34 cars on a track that can't hold 34 cars...going 225...bad things will happen. They should have taken the top 20 drivers who earned their way in. Fucking imagine if you were #2 in points, and you didn't make the final race...

Coulda been good stuff...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...