Thread: Herman Cain sings Lennon & Was "Framed"

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Herman Cain sings Lennon & Was "Framed"

This seems like something FORD would have posted lyrics to as a parody. Damn.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    John Lennon once said that he got the name "Beatles" from a dream where a man appeared to him on a flaming pie. Maybe it was a pizza pie, and the man was Herman Cain coming through some space-time portal?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think Lennon said a lot of stuff to amuse himself and confuse journalists.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I think Lennon said a lot of stuff to amuse himself and confuse journalists.
    occasionally with disastrous results......

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Real life is stranger than anything you can make up. What a fucking freak show. As the late great George Carlin once said,"Life is a freak show and when you live in America, you get a front row seat."

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah I listened to a documentary about modern exorcists today and for the first 20 minutes I couldn't make up my mind if it was a spoof or not.

It wasn't.

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    nein...nein...nein

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Right about now, Herman probably really IS trying to imagine there's no pizza, because he fucking ruined Godfather's.......

TASTE TEST: Herman Cain Turned Godfather's Into Cheap And Crappy Pizza
    Kim Bhasin | Oct. 19, 2011, 9:09 AM

Godfather's pizza apparently sucks.

At least that was the overwhelming conclusion from Politico's recent blind taste test.

They lined up five pizza brands -- Godfather's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut, zpizza and Ledo Pizza -- in front of Republican strategist and restaurant writer Doug Heye, Democratic commentator Karen Finney and foodie Nycci Nellis, publisher of TheListAreYouOnIt.com.

All three of them rated Godfather's dead last. Here are their comments from before they knew which slice was which, from Politico:

“It’s the most unappetizing,” said Nellis after just one bite. “The cheese is really sour! The crust is like a sponge.”

“That is so bad,” said Finney.

“The crust is trying to be thin crust and thick crust, it can’t make up what it is,” said Heye. “Not good.”

Was it always this crappy?

Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain made a lot of changes to turn the company around when he bought it back in 1986, by revamping its marketing and cutting costs.

But it looks like somewhere along the line, the product itself suffered.

(In case you're wondering, a medium 11" Godfather's single-topping pizza costs $9.99).

Link

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm trying to 'imagine' he isn't a delusional, pepperoni-pimping, Fed shill, clown motherfucker.........

...........and it ain't workin'.

Herman Cain

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's kind of weird the US pizza companies that have managed to make it big with international franchises.

Off the top of my head over here it's Pizza Hut, Dominoes and there are a few Papa Johns.

They really are pretty fucking shit barely better than the cheapest frozen supermarket pizzas. It makes you wonder what makes a successful company, it seems it's much more about money and marketing than actual product. I can just about by making very unusual choices get an edible one but you can't tell me that Pizza Hut is the best pizza that could come out of the US. 700 of them over here which is about half as many as the US by population. A fucking culinary dream though compared to Dominoes jeez.

I guess it's incredibly profitable. If you ever make your own pizza you soon realize that an extra portion of say mushrooms equals 2 mushrooms, pennies.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-20-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pizza Hut is owned by the same company that owns Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken. All three used to be owned by Pepsico, but apparently this was one of the last cases where the US Federal Government actually thought a junk food company was monopolizing too much of the market. So the restaraunt chains are now allegedly a seperate corporation, (Yum Foods, or something dumb like that) but its funny how they still do national cross promotions with Pepsi-branded high fructose corn poison beverages, and Frito-Lay chips (the other part of the Pepsi mega-goliath-beast that was forced to spin off.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Pepsi was pushing the international expansion of all their brands right around the same time, probably starting in the early 1990s.

As far as Godfathers goes, Cain didn't actually control the chain until 1992 or so. He was working for the Pillsbury Dough Boy in 1986, when they put him in charge of Godfathers, and he talked Pillsbury into selling him the company in 1992. Ironically enough, when Pillsbury bought Godfathers, they didn't even really want the company, but were actually after a huge stake in the Burger King chain. Apparently the largest BK franchisee also owned Godfathers, so it was a package deal.

I can neither confirm,nor deny that Cain and his partners paid $99.9 million for the company. What I can confirm, is that it wasn't until the mid 1990s that the pizza started losing quality, and then they started losing franchises. As I said in another thread, I was actually shocked to hear they were still in business, since every franchise I knew of, from here to fucking Port Hardy BC long ago ceased to exist.
    Last edited by FORD; 10-20-2011 at 12:21 AM.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I actually think McD's are far from the worst of them these days.

With the Super Size Me movie and some other stuff I think they have genuinely tried to make a bit of an effort to give some information out and offer some other options.

People scoff at that but I'm all for the information. I genuinely would never have guessed that a McChicken Sandwich had more fat than a Big Mac for example. If I take the kids for an emergency meal and keep them to low fat juice and a fruit bag instead of fries it's probably one of the least unhealthy fast food options out there.

I do sometimes worry though at the horrendous employment exploitation that must be involved to provide those amazing Happy Meal toys from China so try and keep it to once a month or so.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry I've gone insanely off topic.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pizza Hut used to be good in the 1980's but sucks now and Kentucky Fried Chicken was good when the Colonel was in charge of it. It's greasy, fatty, sludge now that sits in your stomach like an anvil and then you get the shits. Fortunately we have plenty of good local pizza joints and if you are in the right area of the country, good chicken as well. You pretty much have to stay away from the chains and eat local which is my preference.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The bright point of living in New York was the mob was laundering a lot of money through pizza parlors. They wanted to keep the places busy and you could get a large coal baked New York pie for $11. For me it's the crust. I can't stand the crust most chains have smothered in a bunch of sludge toppings. Man that mob pizza was good.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, pizza was originally from Sicily, so if anyone should know how to make it right, it would be the mob.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think usually the honor is given to Naples.

I went there for a week once and during my stay had 8 pizzas from 8 different restaurants, all amazing.

Back when I was young enough to get away with that kind of thing...

Naples is famous for it's mob but it's the Camorra rather than the mafia, a scary bunch of people.

In fact I wouldn't recommend Naples for casual tourists it's pretty edgy.
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-20-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Looks like Pizza Guy really is a John Lennon fan after all! He's now saying that the poor would pay nothing with his fucked up "tax" plan and renaming it "9-0-9"

Move over once, move over twice.
    Come on Herman don't be cold as ice.......

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Angry It's official: Herman Cain is a KOCH whore!

Not an Employee? Herman Cain Had Mailing and Email Addresses at Koch's Americans For Prosperity HQ
    By Adele M. Stan, AlterNet
    Posted on October 21, 2011, Printed on October 21, 2011

As the New Yorker's Jane Mayer wrote earlier this week, members of Herman Cain's campaign staff are loath to discuss his longstanding ties to Americans for Prosperity and the Americans for Prosperity Foundation, the organizing groups founded by billionaire David Koch, about whom Mayer famously wrote a comprehensive profile last year. AlterNet began reporting on Cain's ties to Koch last June, after Cain launched his presidential campaign.

In Mayer's 2010 exposé, "Covert Operations," she detailed the network of right-wing think tanks and organizations funded by David Koch and his brother Charles, principals in Koch Industries, the second-largest privately held company in the United States, according to Forbes.

Now, Mayer has turned her gaze to the ties between Koch and Cain, seeking to find out how much Cain earned from Americans for Prosperity and its foundation, and whether or not Cain has ever been considered an employee of either entity. She writes:

Earlier this week, I asked J. D. Gordon, communications director for Cain’s campaign, whether Cain was an employee of Americans for Prosperity. “No,” he said, “He’s not an employee.” I noted that I’d seen Cain speak at an Americans for Prosperity event in Austin, Texas in July 2010....Gordon acknowledged that Cain had received “speaking fees” from Americans for Prosperity. He said he would have to get back to me with details.

As far back as 2005 -- the year Americans for Prosperity was founded -- Cain was fronting the group's efforts to add chapters, as Think Progress reported earlier this month, and the Associated Press explored last weekend, with a campaign called the Prosperity Expansion Project. AlterNet has since learned that Cain was more than simply a cheerleader for the project; he had a mailing address and email address at Americans for Prosperity headquarters.

Here's a screen shot from the AFP Web site, of a 2005 page about the Prosperity Expansion Project :

Now, the corporate types are famous for embracing employment models that exempt the people who work for them from the sort of benefits and workplace protections that come with being an actual "employee." Perhaps Herman Cain was just an "independent contractor" or a temp worker. If so, then his campaign would be technically correct in saying that he hasn't been on the payroll.

Truth be told, Cain may not have fared too badly as an independent contractor -- it that's indeed what he was -- for Americans for Prosperity and/or its foundation.

When Mayer began peeling back what appear to be layers of obfuscation, she found, listed on the organization's tax forms, payouts by Americans for Prosperity in excess of $120,000 in 2010 to the speakers bureau that books Cain. She also discovered unspecified payments of $50,000 - $100,000 listed on Cain's filing with the Federal Election Commission as fees paid to his company, New Voice, which, Mayer writes, "he describes as a 'public speaking' and 'publishing' entity."

In June, when Herman Cain announced his presidential candidacy, AlterNet began laying out Cain's relationship to AFP and its foundation, beginning with his campaign manager, Mark Block, the former director of the Wisconsin chapter of Americans for Prosperity, known as both a talented organizer and underhanded player in Wisconsin elections. As we noted in our June report, Block was fined $15,000 and banned from participating in Wisconsin politics for three years because of election-law violations he committed on behalf of a campaign he was managing for a state Supreme Court candidate.

It was Block who recruited Cain, along with the Wall Street Journal's Stephen Moore, to front a Koch-linked operation, Prosperity 101, during the 2010 midterm election campaign. Cain claimed Prosperity 101 was the right's "answer to ACORN." (Among the other things Block busied himself with during the midterm campaign was a voter-suppression scheme in Milwaukee, reported here in the Nation.)

After the campaign ended, and Block had helped elect Scott Walker to the governor's mansion and fill the Wisconsin state legislature with Tea Party-allied candidates, he recruited Herman Cain to run for president.

When pundits opine that Herman Cain "has no organization," it's only because the conventional-wisdom machine forbids looking behind the curtain labeled Koch. Herman Cain enjoys the favor of an organization that has chapters in 34 states: Americans for Prosperity. That should at least be enough to keep him in the GOP presidential nomination contest until the all-important primary in New Hampshire, where Americans for Prosperity has a very active chapter, is settled.

As we suggested in our earlier reporting, the likely purpose of a Cain candidacy is not to win the presidency. (And given Cain's recent remarks on abortion, in which he seemed to say he's unwilling to criminalize it, it's unlikely he can win the GOP nomination.) The likely purpose of his candidacy is to push former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the likely nominee, into adopting positions such as those favored by David Koch and Americans for Prosperity. In New Hampshire, Herman Cain may yet achieve that goal.

Related story: As Herman Cain Surges, Corporate Media Ignore His Koch Connections

Adele M. Stan is AlterNet's Washington bureau chief. Follow her on Twitter: www.twitter.com/addiestan
    © 2011 Independent Media Institute. All rights reserved.
    View this story online at: http://www.alternet.org/story/152826/

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dan Savage to Herman Cain: You think being gay is a choice? BLOW ME!! (no, seriously)

Dan Savage Challenges Herman Cain To Prove Being Gay Is 'A Choice'... By Performing Oral Sex On Him

First Posted: 10/21/11 01:56 PM ET Updated: 10/22/11 11:01 AM ET

Sex columnist and It Gets Better campaign co-founder Dan Savage has some choice words for Herman Cain.

The presidential hopeful's stance on homosexuality -- that it's a choice -- has drawn outrage from many, but Cain continues to hold his ground. Earlier this week he discussed his views with talk show host Piers Morgan:

Cain: I think it's a sin because of my biblical beliefs and, although people don't agree with me, I happen to think that it is a personal choice.

Morgan: You think people wait — you believe people get to a certain age and say, I want to be homosexual?

Cain: Let me turn it around to you. What does science show? Show me evidence other than opinion and you might cause me to reconsider that...Where is the evidence?

Cain: ... I respect their right to make that choice. You don't see me bashing them. I respect them to have the right to make that choice. I don't have to agree with it. That's all I'm saying

Morgan: It would be like a gay person saying, Herman, you made a choice to be black.

Cain: You know that's not the case. You know I was born black.

Morgan: Maybe if they say that, they would find that offensive.

Cain: Piers, Piers. This doesn't wash off. I hate to burst your bubble.

Morgan: I don't think being homosexual washes off.
    In response to Cain's comments, Savage offered him the chance to prove that homosexuality is in fact a choice, writing on The Stranger's Slog blog:

Dear Herman,

If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.
    Very sincerely yours,

Dan Savage
    Savage also noted that Cain is insulting straight people as well gay people when he claims that one's sexuality is something that is chosen. "Straight people should get angry when they hear a straight person making this argument," he wrote.

One more reason to love Mr. Savage.

Link
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, if Pizza Guy doesn't take Dan Savage seriously, perhaps he would listen to a Starfleet officer......

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Honestly. We have to get away from these social issues. I don't care if the president is gay and the first lady's name is Bob just as long as they serve the citizens well in office. The country will always be divided on social issues and we bicker about this shit while our country gets hijacked and fleeced.

If there is a god and it finds homosexuality to be an abomination then that's between those individuals and the big meatball. If I had that kind of control over time and space I wouldn't be here typing this shit so I will leave it up to the great mystery to sort it all out.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 10-24-2011 at 11:52 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I think usually the honor is given to Naples.

I went there for a week once and during my stay had 8 pizzas from 8 different restaurants, all amazing.

Back when I was young enough to get away with that kind of thing...

Naples is famous for it's mob but it's the Camorra rather than the mafia, a scary bunch of people.

In fact I wouldn't recommend Naples for casual tourists it's pretty edgy.
    I don't think I had one bad meal in Italy. It was great before the Euro because it was so cheap. The Euro made it expensive. Everyone makes a big deal about French cusine but I think Italian is equally as good if not better. The thing is the French are notorious for keeping records and the Italians pass the recipes down by word of mouth. Each family cooks a bit different. No cookbooks to follow where the French had lots of them.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I don't think I had one bad meal in Italy. It was great before the Euro because it was so cheap. The Euro made it expensive. Everyone makes a big deal about French cusine but I think Italian is equally as good if not better. The thing is the French are notorious for keeping records and the Italians pass the recipes down by word of mouth. Each family cooks a bit different. No cookbooks to follow where the french had lots of them.
    Perhaps you should make a sign about that.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Unholy shit! What kind of a bizzare campaign ad is this???? (Sorry it's a "private link" so it won't embed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhm-2...ature=youtu.be

Yeah, that's real. Not a satire. Not an Onion piece. Though quite possibly a hidden message at the end for one of the worst industries old Herman lobbied heavily for, when he was head of the American Restaurant Association. (more on that later)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cain's initial appeal is he is viewed as being a self-made man who is not part of "The Establishment". Romney, Allen, and even Bachman are viewed as being establishment factory candidates. Herman seems like the hard working, motivated, normal person who made something of himself. Of course when you dig into him you see the establishment but to the casual eye he's a businessman instead of a professional politician.

I don't think anyone here is going to vote for him. I'm betting most here will vote for Obama or Ron Paul.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Unholy shit! What kind of a bizzare campaign ad is this???? (Sorry it's a "private link" so it won't embed)

Yeah, that's real. Not a satire. Not an Onion piece. Though quite possibly a hidden message at the end for one of the worst industries old Herman lobbied heavily for, when he was head of the American Restaurant Association. (more on that later)
    Well if it's a joint Herman might get some of the LEGALIZE IT crowd votes.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck it. I'm going to run myself.

SATAN 2012 - Aren't you tired of voting for the "lesser" evil?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

At least you are honest about who you are. The politicians put on the facade of being an angel and then they turn into demons once they get elected.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

you're a bitch.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    you're a bitch.
    Was that a prejudicial statement or a sexist statement? :P

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At least you are honest about who you are. The politicians put on the facade of being an angel and then they turn into demons once they get elected.
    Yeah, but if they pull that "birther" crap with me, I'll have to say I'm from Hell Michigan.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, but if they pull that "birther" crap with me, I'll have to say I'm from Hell Michigan.
    Oh the religious right would say you were born in Hell Norway and say you are not a natural born citizen and unqualified to be president. Why do you think all that paganism and death metal comes from Norway? It's the birthplace of Satan.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nah, that's just my vacation home. Don't go there as much as I used to, now that there's A/C in Hell, but I used to go to Norway to cool down every once in a while.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Honestly. We have to get away from these social issues. I don't care if the president is gay and the first lady's name is Bob just as long as they serve the citizens well in office. The country will always be divided on social issues and we bicker about this shit while our country gets hijacked and fleeced.
    Exactly.

I think things are gradually getting a little better in the US which is why I posted the graph. If most people get to the point where they don't give a shit about how socially liberal their neighbor is then maybe the politicians may be forced to deal with something that matters a fuck. I wouldn't get too excited though, there has been a broad political consensus here for years on abortion, gays, stem cell research and the death penalty and the politicians are still pretty shit. It does save a lot of time though.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh the religious right would say you were born in Hell Norway and say you are not a natural born citizen and unqualified to be president. Why do you think all that paganism and death metal comes from Norway? It's the birthplace of Satan.
    I think it's the weather. Constant cold and flu season so they needed a genre you can still play when your singer has a sore throat.

The rain in Seattle gave you grunge, California sun the Beach Boys and Van Halen. Someone should do a doctorate on the influence of weather on music.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Here's an embedded version...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There is a rumor going around the web now that the Herman Cain campaign is Sacha Baron Cohen's big follow-up to Borat.

Thread Information