Thread: Terrible week in motor racing continues; simoncelli diead.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Terrible week in motor racing continues; simoncelli diead.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't want this to sound like a Devil's making light of this, because I'm really not, but......

Two guys go down, one of them is able to get up and walk away, the other one loses his helmet and dies.

Anyone else think that big afro on his head might have had anything to do with it? Seems that might make it more difficult for a helmet to fit properly enough to do its intended job.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BTW... who knew Italians had Afros?

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yes, o evil one, there has been some speculation that simo's fro had something to do with him losing his lid. but edwards' bike hit him hard enough to break the chinstrap, that's hard enough to break his neck imho. i reckon he was dead very quickly, if not instantly.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tragic...

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    tragic indeed, sir. i'm sparing a thought or two for colin and valentino, they'd be inconsolable. but there's no blame; like a week ago it was just a simple racing incident, the likes of which we see dozens yearly in all forms and people walk away from.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rather than 'death by afro' I think the problem was his head and neck being down at wheel level.

At least it was quick...

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    making motor racing safe; no motor racing vehicle shall exceed 20 kmh.

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WOW that is brutal, quick is the way to go though..IMO

EUAS

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hi, I´m new in the Army, but BIG fan of David since 1978. Brother, you have really shocked me, I´m also a big fan of Marco, thank you BROTHER, and as you said: he was a good guy. My heart with father Paolo, mother Rosella, sister Martina and fiancé Kate.
    For all DLRARMY: RACE YOUR LIFE !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    hey katina, nice to meet ya. we had another tragic death over here recently in the 600 superbikes... the kid was only 17.

http://www.riotengine.in/2012/02/26/...ith-a-tragedy/

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstralia View Post
    hey katina, nice to meet ya. we had another tragic death over here recently in the 600 superbikes... the kid was only 17.

http://www.riotengine.in/2012/02/26/...ith-a-tragedy/
    Hi, brother, I copied from Marco Simoncelli Official Fanpage on Facebook a letter (written by his fiancé Kate) from Marco to his parents, give a look to Marco´s page, you will see what a good guy he was, and what extraordinary family he had.

Dear Mother and Father…that’s the way it is. This way is but not enough for us, this way throws us out, cruelly, without an explanation and without a warning. The only thing that we can do now is clinging to memories that are jealously kept into our heart: nothing and nobody will take them away, NOT the memories. Here we raise our eyes, that are now able to see again; we don’t call it resignation, but courage instead: the courage to get up again, to reappear at the life that, in spite of having been so cruel with us, has but so much more to offer us. “Life is the sport of the brave people”, this is what Marco has always taught us, at every cost. It’s your turn now to win the race, to finish his mission; the real warrior cannot surrender even to the irreparable, Marco wouldn’t ever have surrendered!!! Life gave you another wonder as a gift: Martina, she will light up your darkness and will fill your gaps, don’t be overwhelmed by the guilt. Only great parents could have been so full of love towards their child to accompany him through his walk of life, an extremely valuable gift, the result of an extraordinary generosity and altruism.This gift becomes even more precious when it’s the father himself who takes care of his son during his adventure. There’s no greater gift than a father always by his son’s side, always there with a caress or an hug at the grid, to cheer for him. Marco has really been lucky to have had such a family as you are, you’ve been able to teach him the love for the “small things”, those things that really matter, those things that make “the big” bigger...here’s the reason why Marco was always smiling. We’ll remember about Sic, the 58, the one able to make us dream so much, but we’ll remember above all about that child we saw growing up, from that far 6 of january, when he received his firt minibike as a gift…yes, that’s the way we’ll remember about him….definetely…Diobò!!!

I didn´t know another young boy died, what is his name??
    I also cried a lot for Peter Lenz.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Seventeen year old Oscar McIntyre of Australia was killed in the 600cc Superstock race just which was held before the commencement of Superpole."

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another Moto Grand Prix without Marco Simoncelli.....
    Today his close friend Valentino Rossi (Ducati), finished 2nd. at LeMans, France.
    Race Your Life!!!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Road to London for SIC On June 8th.

'Road To London for Sic' is a journey dedicated to the late Marco Simoncelli and organised by members of the Vespa Club di Morciano di Romagna.

The journey will take place from Romagna to England with 14 vintage Vespas, carrying a replica helmet donated by Paolo Simoncelli (Marco's father) to the Riders For Health auction at next weekend's British MotoGP.

The replica has been signed by Drudi Performance designer Davide Degli Innocenti and will be handed over to Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta upon arrival. Part of the money raised will be used to aid the disadvantaged via the Marco Simoncelli Foundation's various projects.

In addition to the helmet, a portrait of 'Sic' and a sweatshirt designed by Simoncelli family friend Aldo Drudi will also be auctioned off.

The adventure will last a week, taking the historic Vespas 1958km over six different stages, spreading the message of the Foundation established in honour and in memory of the late Marco.

"MotoGP without Sic is like coming to Romagna and not eating a piadina!” said a member of the Vespa Club di Morciano di Romagna “We shall honour in a simple fashion the name of one of the most genuine Romagna representatives of all time.

“We don't know what the journey will be like yet, but I am sure that we will scream 'THIS IS AMAZING!” once we arrive at our destination. We are honoured and proud to be organising this initiative and spreading the word about the foundation and its charity efforts to an international audience in Marco's name.”

The 'Road To London for Sic' will start from Vespa Club HQ, Bar Joe in Morciano di Romagna, on June 8th.

To follow the initiative in real time, go to: http://www.facebook.com/RoadToLondonForSic/info

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Misano now officially know as Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli

Saturday 09 June 2012
    Just a few days after the death of Marco Simoncelli and the pressing request by thousands of fans that launched a petition to Misano World Circuit to be renamed as a tribute to the late rider, the Misano World Circuit announced in November, that they would adopt the name of Simoncelli, and today in a brief press conference Dr. Trevi, president of Santamonica SpA (owners of the circuit) and the Simoncelli family, Rosella and Paolo Simoncelli, presented the new name and logo.

The circuit will now be known as “Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli“ and the new logo was created by Aldo Drudi. While the Italian designer couldn’t completely change the look of circuit’s name and logo for legal reasons (bureaucracy in Italy is always complicated), he did highlight the two red L’s - the red bands were also part of Sic’s AGV helmet that he designed - as a symbol of looking towards the future, where the two lines never never meet and continue to infinity.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kevin Schwantz is leading a charity mammoth bicycle ride of 1.800 km. "Cycle of Wishes", from Donington Park in the U.K. via France, Switzerland to the newly renamed Marco Simoncelli Circuit at Misano.
    Joining Schwantz on the ride are other notable names from the world of two-wheels, including former motocross World Champion Jamie Dobb, BMX legend Jamie Bestwick, BBC television presenter Matt Roberts and former AMA Supercross star Jimmy Button, whose charity Road 2 Recovery will be one of several non-profit organisations to benefit from the effort as well as the Marco Simoncelli Foundation.

The group, who will split into three teams and complete four-hour relay legs on a non-stop pedal along the entire journey, plan to arrive in San Marino on Thursday lunchtime and will take the number 58 bus to Coriano, Marco's hometown, where they will be greeted by his father Paolo Simoncelli and the local Mayor. From there they will be joined by a host of MotoGP paddock regulars and riders as well as 58 paying members of the public to ride the final 10 kilometres to the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli, finishing off with a lap of the track that will play host to round thirteen of the MotoGP World Championship from Friday morning.

The Grand Prix of San Marino and Riviera di Rimini promises to be a big party, an opportunity to combine his passion for engines a few days of vacation on the beaches of the Adriatic Sea. For a long weekend, the roar of the engines will be the soundtrack to the days and nights of Romagna, with many opportunities for fun, even outside the circuit dedicated to Marco Simoncelli. Lots of fun, but also charities that will be the theme of many events prepared for the week of the championship.

"It's a great honour to be on this inaugural ride to benefit the Simoncelli Foundation,” commented Schwantz.
    “Marco's death hit everybody associated with motorcycling hard but almost a year on and with his home Grand Prix on the horizon it feels like an appropriate moment to celebrate his life,” said Matt.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kevin Schwantz with Paolo Simoncelli and fellow riders at Coriano, well done !!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kevin Schwantz with Rosella and Paolo Simoncelli as well as the mayor of Coriano

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli is celebrating its 40 years.
    And today Alvaro Bautista records first-ever MotoGP podium at team’s emotional home race, he is replacing Marco at the San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda Team and riding Marco´s bike, he finished 3rd

Álvaro Bautista
    "It is always nice to finish on the podium but especially for me today with this being my first in MotoGP. Above all this is a very special weekend for me and the team because our memories of Marco are so strong coming here to the circuit named in his honour. After a few tough races we have worked well here and managed to fight for the podium at last. I am so happy for the team and for Marco because I am sure that wherever he is right now he was pushing us along. I could feel his hand on my shoulder today and I realised at the end that my name had come loose from my leathers so you could say it was Marco that was with us today.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Today is the anniversary of the death of Marco Simoncelli

Thread Information