X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Pink Floyd - Another Sign Of The End Times

Been quite some time since I found myself in a record store (simply because many don't exist anymore) when, before my eyes, there appears to be the entire Pink Floyd "Remasters." And it's pretty much their entire boring, redundant, sloppy proggy rock sleepy time music catalog - including a another issues of 'Dark Side' only with a live version recording of this dismal crap for aging stoners for reminiscing purposes would be my best guess.

Anyway, great. Isn't it? Oh, and let's not forget these have been reissued in the digipak format which anyone can guess is how these corporate rock stars (Pink Floyd is owned by EMI now owned by Terra Firma the greedy assholes who threatened Spotify) can rob you with a conscious that what they are doing is somehow environmentally friendly.

So...it's the same old shit - 70 to late 70's recording technology - rehashed, repacked, refucked ready your eager dollar. Nothing like listening to 'Comfortably Numb' with some minor tweakage, reverb modifications and some "bottom end" for your toking pleasure(s). Enjoy, gullible consumer, Davey and Roger need new Jags.

Fuckers.
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

So are they selling this a big huge box set? And if so, that means you're forced to pay for those crappy Gilmour solo albums that he sold under the Pink Floyd name??
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

If they actually included the live "Dark Side" concert, I suppose that's a good thing, but I've had that on bootleg for years, and it sounds most unholy as it is.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        Been quite some time since I found myself in a record store (simply because many don't exist anymore) when, before my eyes, there appears to be the entire Pink Floyd "Remasters." And it's pretty much their entire boring, redundant, sloppy proggy rock sleepy time music catalog - including a another issues of 'Dark Side' only with a live version recording of this dismal crap for aging stoners for reminiscing purposes would be my best guess.

Anyway, great. Isn't it? Oh, and let's not forget these have been reissued in the digipak format which anyone can guess is how these corporate rock stars (Pink Floyd is owned by EMI now owned by Terra Firma the greedy assholes who threatened Spotify) can rob you with a conscious that what they are doing is somehow environmentally friendly.

So...it's the same old shit - 70 to late 70's recording technology - rehashed, repacked, refucked ready your eager dollar. Nothing like listening to 'Comfortably Numb' with some minor tweakage, reverb modifications and some "bottom end" for your toking pleasure(s). Enjoy, gullible consumer, Davey and Roger need new Jags.

Fuckers.
        Nice, balanced arguments there.
        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Satan
          So are they selling this a big huge box set? And if so, that means you're forced to pay for those crappy Gilmour solo albums that he sold under the Pink Floyd name??
          Yes. It's called (wait for it) "Discovery" and for just under $200 you can discover that you've been had.

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Discovery looks like a big ripoff, since it's just the same old albums you heard 30 years ago. The individual "Immersion" remasters look a little more interesting - though it would obviously cost a lot more in the long run, if they actually put one out for every album. At least there's extra material there (the live Dark Side gig is actually in the Immersion box and not in the Discovery set)

Like I said before, I already have this live show, and the Immersion edition of "The Wall" looks like a bunch of stuff I already have as well, but some of the other albums like "Wish You Were Here" look interesting.

Maybe I'll just ask Rick Wright where the masters are and make my own custom copies?

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Fuckers.
              I take it you didn't buy it and smashed all the Led Zepplelin CD's justifying it as cleaning up the environment and CD's are obsolete anyways.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I don't see the point. Even with 21st Century technology being used for what was recorded in the 70's should remain in the 70's. Zeppy plagiarist Jimmy Boy repackaged himself back in the 90's when he FINALLY realized the whole Coverdale/Page parody was going nowhere. These fucking rock stars, man. When will they learn?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Don't like it? Don't fucking buy it. Simple as that.

And for your next thread, Fishfolds. Why not make one about the whoring of the Queen catalogue?
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I have never understood the love for this band. They bore me. They also depress me. I can't imagine drinking while listening to their albums because I'd kill myself.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Smoke weed....

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Fuckers.
                        Why don't you log out and go back to finger bangin yerself to your scratchy Cure records....

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                          I have never understood the love for this band. They bore me. They also depress me. I can't imagine drinking while listening to their albums because I'd kill myself.
                          Good thing you're not an alcoholic. I'm sure this band is responsible for more suicides than what any shitty Cure record could ever do.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Whatever....

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Comment

Working...