A Statement Of Fact Regarding Roth Army And The Mighty Van Halen.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

A Statement Of Fact Regarding Roth Army And The Mighty Van Halen.....

This is for all you troll-like retarded fucks that show up here from time to time, accusing us at the Roth Army of somehow "hating" Edward Van Halen.

You can go fuck yourselves. Go jump in front of a fucking train. Go die in a fire.
    You obviously have nothing in between your worthless fucking ears but air. It is obvious to anyone who does have half a brain that you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

1. Sure, we complain about Ed. We complain about the lack of communication from Howdy-Doody Mountain. We complain about the fact that he appears to ignore what his FANS want in some areas. No, I am not talking about "guitarists", because he does seem hell-bent on selling his EVH brand, for which none of us can fault him. We complain about his unwillingness to release concerts on DVD from the period of Classic Van Halen. We complain about his unwillingness to update us on the "band".
    We complained in the past about his unwillingness to get back with Uncle Dave, and we still complain (until things change) that Ed seems unwilling to get Michael Anthony back in the game.

2. We complain about this out of severe frustration, you dumb motherfuckers, not because we "hate" anyone, much less Ed.

We know what a talent he is, what he was, and what he will be. We know how influential he was and still is. If he and Al had not wound up in L.A. courtesy of his parents, we would all be on other website forums discussing other bands. Dave might not have made it as big as he did, perhaps Mike might not have gone anywhere either. But the fact remains, Van Halen DID exist as a band, and DID freak out the entire musical community on Earth when they arrived, and did create not only legions of fans, but legions of inspired guitarists, many of whom were moved by the incredible atomic blast of Van Halen as a band to pick up guitars and learn how to play.

3. We bitch because we KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that Van Halen is one of the most awe-inspiring, kickass purveyors of Big Rock to ever grace this planet. There has never been, and never will be, any band who has their incredible combination of virtuosity, blatant over-the-top showmanship, high-volume hard rock histrionics and reverent (and irreverent) tips of the hat to the forefathers (and mothers) of hard rock. They took songs by artists such as The Kinks, Roy Orbison, Linda Ronstadt, and Martha and the Vandellas, and made them their own. Sure, doing cover songs on albums reek of Major Label meddling, but even so, their versions of classic 20th-century rock, pop and R & B standards are unique to themselves.

4. There have been accusations of us at Roth Army being blind fanbois who worship the ground Van Halen walks on without ever having even seen the real deal. Those of you who say such things can go fuck yourself in the ass with a chainsaw. Your delusional infantile rantings are the product of fathers who were earning quarters sucking off gayboi prostitutes, and retarded mothers who fucked anything that moved, including all forms of domestic and farm animals.

In short, you are inbred retards who wish you could belong, and are jealous of the Roth Army for being a great group of people who hang together at rotharmy.com having a great time while being in awe of The Mighty Van Halen.

5. Sure we bitch about Ed. But we KNOW what Van Halen is about, and WE WANT MORE.

We were deeply saddened by the departure of Uncle Dave in the mid-80s, and a majority of us here at Roth Army were dismayed when the fat, chickenshit klown was asked to front the band.

We waited for years while this fluffy-puff version of Van Halen toured the world, hoping beyond hope that perhaps someday Uncle Dave would be asked back.

Many of us continued to go see Van Hagar, simply to see Ed, Al, and Mike in action, while tolerating the idiot who once said that "only time will tell if we can stand the test of time".

We were glad when the tequila salesman finally got the boot in the mid-90s, and perplexed by the replacement, Gary Cherone. Better than having Patti Smith as the vocalist, but still.....WTF?

There was the infamous "almost reunion" that crashed and burned before even actually going anywhere in the late 90s. Our hopes were dashed, but we still held on.

We suffered through the van hagar "reunion" tour in 2004, watching as Ed disintegrated before our eyes. Yes, we were severely troubled to see such a genius behave as he did, but then, in a small way, we were glad of the reasons behind it......we had seen long before what an idiot the "frontman" was, and we were glad that Ed finally saw the light and told Spamulus Flatulus to go fuck himself.

The fallout engulfed Mike though, and so hopes for a full-bore reunion were dimmed even further.

But still we held on.

The 2007-2008 reunion tour was a major leap forward, but naturally we felt short-changed. We understand Ed wanting to help his son. What father does not? And even though we still bitch about it, we ALL understand that Wolfy got to do something incredible.....he is one of only 7 people on Earth to actually BE a member of Van Halen.

So......here we are. Indications are that Van Halen may be playing at the Grammy Awards in February of 2012. There are slight indications that we may get what we want: A reunion of the original lineup.

We will not hold our breath for that, as we have lived with disappointment of one kind or another for the past 25 years.

But we always have been, and always will be fans of the only TRUE lineup of the Mighty Van Halen:

Edward Van Halen
    Michael Anthony
    David Lee Roth
    Alex Van Halen

6. Some of us have met various members of the band. General consensus is they are all cool people.
    None of US have ever been internally involved with the band. We can only imagine the stress involved in being one of the biggest rock bands on the planet. We have seen people in such a lofty position crack and fall apart (and sometimes die) as a result of the extreme pressures involved in being an A-list rocker in the Music Business, which is operated by Satan.

We can only make commentary from OUR point of view as THE FANS who have lived with disappointment and frustration now for 25 years....just wanting more of this incredible band.

You cannot blame us for wanting more. Nobody can.

So despite the idiot thinking of some of the Cro-Mag borons who show up here from time to time, we do not wish ill will on Ed at all. We respect his abilities and wish him the best.

But we only know what we REALLY want.

We want the band who blew our minds to get back together and tour.

Fans of some other bands cannot have that. Like say, The Who, or Led Zeppelin due to the fact that members of those bands are no longer with us.

But WE are fortunate in that all 4 of the original members of Van Halen are still alive and kicking.

So there is always hope that we can see them together again.

Anyone who says we hate Ed, or wish ill-will towards him or his son are full of motherfucking shit.

That's all I have to say, except that you trolls can go eat shit and fucking die.
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Wow....

Well done Sir, well done indeed....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Blaze
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Catherine was one of the best pieces Eddie ever gave. You want programmed rock. Input formula out put formulated. Even if the ChiChi's started flooding the channels with a free download daily.. it would be like eeww.. but but we what the refraction We want the KFC (Sony). Only franchised flavors will do. Art of sound oh no... that will not do! Give prefabbed! Give the standard fare.
        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
        sigpic

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

In other words, you are saying Goober eat automobile wax, foley brown inside fruit-loops of the cog wheel magazine fluff tone Jebus.

G-g-g-g-gee Beach. Thanks for the sticky!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually, I did the sticky. But thank YOU for the best post of 2011!
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Oh, so thank YOU sir!

Funny when inspiration strikes....gotta get to it and put pen to paper....or fingers to keyboard.

Just felt like publishing sort of a detailed mission statement so we can refer all the losers to it when they stop in to demonstrate their stupidity to us.

Oh, and it applies to anyone else in the band, not just Ed. No we do not hate Mike, no we do not hate Al, no we do not hate Wolfy, no we certainly do not hate Uncle Dave.

Now a certain former lead klown-ass of the band...sure, we despise "it". Hate is a rather strong word, but "disgusted" would be another good term. So the poor wretches can accuse us of hating on Spambot, but they cannot get a rise out of us for doing that, because they are correct!
              Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-05-2011, 03:17 AM.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

and thanks HR for making it in your inimitable posting style. you sir, have my utmost respect. (yeah, i know you knew that already).

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Thanks Ash. You rule.

Comment

• jero
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

well said sir! A M E N to that!

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Think my sentiments toward Ed and Van Halen these days mostly are in the form of disappointment.

As young (14) and buzzed (3rd generation homegrown + Peppermint Schnapps) as I was back in 1984 when I saw Van Halen, I was lucky enough to have seen the real deal. They were the kings of the hard rock heap back then, at least stateside.

Remembering what was (and, for those who couldn't, it really takes no more than a listen to any of the first 6 Van Halen albums to get the jist) and seeing what is, it's just sad.

No matter how bad Ed fucks up these days and no matter how hopeless the band are in getting their shit together now, one can never deny what Van Halen meant to rock music and Ed meant to the guitar as a primary instrument in rock. In many ways, both Van Halen and Ed were in a class of one. The proof? For all those rock bands and guitarists so obviously influenced by Van Halen who were signed and released albums in Van Halen's wake, precious few came close to getting it right.

The disappointment (not the same as anger) comes in knowing damn well that Ed and the band are capable of much more than what they have devolved into.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Blaze
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                        In other words, you are saying Goober eat automobile wax, foley brown inside fruit-loops of the cog wheel magazine fluff tone Jebus.

G-g-g-g-gee Beach. Thanks for the sticky!

Something like that....
                        Actually, my response was tl;dr

Now that it is 9am Monday morning (joke!) with coffee in hand, It's a good read.

I wish all the members were prolific and openly shared their works ( the good, the bad, or the ugly) , individually and as a group.
                        "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                        sigpic

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

great post...

I, for one, hate Edward Van Halen...

and to be honest...the feelings are starting to creep into the entirety of the band. I'm so sick of this fucking bullshit time and time and time again.

I don't have fucking time in my damn life to worry about these fucking egomaniacs any more...

Put out a fucking album...get on a fucking tour...and be done with it. All this bullshit in between is better served on a daytime soap...

and if memory serves, all those daytime soaps are going under...so fuck it...

In 10 years, there will be no NEW material to worry about, because one of these idiots will likely kick the bucket...after...

announcing a tour kicking off in Myanmar...scheduling it...cancelling because of ball cancer...rescheduling it in Nunuvut...cancelling because Dave showed up with an autographed cup, worn by Janie...hiring Mitch Malloy (who really isn't a real person)...firing Mitch Malloy...hiring Sammy Hagar...firing Sammy when he shows up wearing a red wig with a Tequila bottle sticking out of his ass, singing about fried eggs, tornadoes, and weed in Amsterdam...hiring Justin Beiber...recording an album...firing Beiber when it's found out he's having a "friendship" with Beethoven...Wolfgang...whatever...rehiring Dave, who's decided to put out an album of VH classics using an alphorn, a vuvazela, an accordian and a ukelele....firing Dave because he showed up to 5150, banged the maid, Ed's wife again, and waved to a neighbor which prompted spED to state that Dave said, "It's not about your hip." With the three to four years between each hiring...all the members of the band will be in their mid to late 90's...and well...nature will take it's course...

except for Michael...who will assuredly join Wolfgang in the new Van Halen...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• John_Downing
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Mar 2011

LMMFAO- go fuck yourself in the ass with a chainsaw. Great line.

I have saw them 4 times. 2 at Texxas Jam 78 (1 Jul 78). They played early in the day after Walter Egan. That was the first time I had ever been at a event with that many people. To see the entire crowded Cotton Bowl do the fist pump and be part of it during Ain't talking bout love (Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey) was a memorable experience. That first Jam was great and anybody who was there will tell you that VH stole the show. Without a doubt a crowd favorite. I am not sure but I think they played the entire first album. Funny how some things remained burned in your mind over the years. It was so great because my buds and I were close to the stage. At that time of the day (1030 AM...ish) the stage still provided shade to the crowd that was close to the front. It was still cool if there is such a thing in Texas in July. It was not too long and it was a inferno down there. Without a doubt those guys TRULY Electrified the entire cotton bowl!

Texxas Jam 79 was my 2nd. Then once at Midland Texas, Chaparral center- Stage barricade collapse 15 July 79. I got a nice scar out of that one and then 85 or 86 with Sammy. So I guess that one don't count. o. Hope this materializes into a 2012 tour.

Comment

• John_Downing
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Mar 2011

Everybody has seen the 2 second clip of elite works with Eddie on the Stage at the Cotton bowl 78. In that clip there is a guy sitting down with water dripping on him. The people at the Cotton bowl had lined the short wall at the edge of the cotton bowl floor with rain gutter and PVC pipe that had holes drilled in it to provide a steady source of water for drinking. Kind of like a continual water fountain all around the field perimeter. That was a great Idea in theory, but as people continually climbed out of the field and jumped into the field the 1.5 inch PVC broke due to somebody standing on it and then probably at 3 pm in the afternoon we were standing in ankle deep water. I still remember the guy tripping his ass off. Sitting on a blanket that was underwater who had just thrown up on himself. That day was HOT as Hell.

Comment

Working...