∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

An Oral History of Grunge by Mark Yarm "Everybody Loves Our Town"

Just got it yestdy...........

100 pgs in.............very cool so far

U-men, Skinyard, Green River, Malfunkshun, Soundgarden, Screaming Trees..............

My fav era of music...that I lived thru.............................................. .........................................

about damn time somebody wrote this book

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    1/2 way thru...............

Early history very interesting.............

PUNK in Northwest......

Awesome how a scene developes outside the "Mainstream"....no "New York" or "LA" connection..............

Green River & Sound Garden...get the ball rolling.....Nirvana a "myth" according to Buzz of the Melvins! LMFAO

Can see how Sound Garden were doomed from the start...with Cornell dating the manager........

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll have to pick this up, wonder if it is available as a e-book.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Chapter 1

It's the late 1980s and it's raining in Seattle.

People are fed up being happy so decide to spend the next 10 years droning about how terrible it is to live in the richest country in the world at the best time in history over the top of plodding music by mediocre musicians.

Late 1990s people start to cheer up a bit and so grunge dies just in time for 9-11.

The End.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They should use this as the cover...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe it's because I was living in the PNW for the start of the Grunge movement but.......the local music scene was vibrant and watching guys, who played the same dive bars as we did, make it felt like a win for all of us.

Musically I was at the top of my game and between college, living on my own, the adventure of just being in your early 20's and feeling like you were indestructible all came together during the Grunge years.

There's something to be said about being there and it was cool knowing about all these bands before they blew up on the national stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Very cool, I was a senior in high school when grunge started breaking and it was a huge influence on me as a musician. I've always described my playing as VH meets AIC meets Nirvana...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you look at the late 80's LA glam rock bands they are nothing more than bad copies of Van Halen. They took the big hair spandex thing David Lee Roth invented and took it to rediculous levels of cliche. It got very stupid. Grunge was one of the great moments something comes out of left field and hits you in the face. It was a bunch of pissed off misfits screaming at the world in a rebellious manner. It was rock. Nirvana if you look at it was kind of like the Ramones. Garage rock done well. Then of course everyone starts to copy that. You get the best of it the first five years and then it's downhill from there.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was living in Seattle right when the grunge thing broke. It was there if you wanted to find it but it really wasn't that huge. The people out of Seattle made more a big thing out of it than the people in Seattle did. Nirvana was more fueled by the fact the logging industry had gone to shit. All the disfunction of a shit logging town by the name of Aberdeen was rolled up and infused into Kurt's vibe. The depression, the drugs and the frustration comes from there. Grunge came more from Aberdeen than Seattle. It came from shit log towns and homeless kids on the streets of Portland. Seattle was doing very well at the time. Microsoft and other tech companies along with Boeing were bringing lots of money into town. The grunge thing was even underground there.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-07-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, we got this in a couple of weeks ago. It's sitting on the shelf, collecting dust much like it's subject matter...might give it a quick read on a bathroom break, providing we don't have the latest issue of People magazine.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm laughing my ass off at how much veterans in the scene (guys who had been in punk bands in the late 70's) hated Cobain...how he was an asshole from the start...and how the press just ate up the BS he told them about himself...like living under a bridge.....

The guys in Pearl Jam deal with Vedder due having been in 2 failed bands that were BETTER...i.e. GREEN RIVER and MOTHER LOVE BONE....

The SOUNDGARDEN/ GUNS N ROSES tour of the early 90's had me crying with laughter...the GUNS crew called 'em FROWNGARDEN!!!! HA!!!

Kim Thayill talks about seeing how fucked Axl was at the get go.....

so far a good read....brings back good memories of the early 90's......thank God they killed off Warrant & Poison & the rest of the hair bands..........

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    My biggest claim to fame in the Seattle punk scene was opening for The Enemy in August of 1978 in a pizza place called Bugsy's Pizza in Pioneer Square.
    Was an amazing thing.....my bandmates and I were in the Army at the time, so with our short hair we fit right in. The following weekend we played the same place again as the headliner, with a band called the Refuzors opening for us.

Those were the days. If I could relive any era of my life over again, it would be that year...1978....

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wait a minute.....why the fuck is that book called "An ORAL History....".

That is a fucking BOOK. Not a tape or record or video.

So the very title of the book is a fucking lie.....because it is a WRITTEN history of grunge....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    An Oral History of Courtney Love.

The pussy was rank and nasty but I was so high and horny I endulged anyways. Who damn, I am now broke because of the doctor bills and they are still working on the cure for genital warts that are all over my face and lips. All I can say is that pussy is the poster child for GRUNGE because that mop is a grungy mess. No wonder Kurt blew his brains out.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    My biggest claim to fame in the Seattle punk scene was opening for The Enemy in August of 1978 in a pizza place called Bugsy's Pizza in Pioneer Square.
    Was an amazing thing.....my bandmates and I were in the Army at the time, so with our short hair we fit right in. The following weekend we played the same place again as the headliner, with a band called the Refuzors opening for us.

Those were the days. If I could relive any era of my life over again, it would be that year...1978....
    Right on HR! Bugsy's is mentioned I believe, as are the Refuzors!

And... :smile: Its called an "Oral History" because its told using quotes from people in the scene....

A lot about TAD...I still laugh was arse off when thinking aboot "8-Way Santa" and the scandal involved....Farking GREAT!!!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    An Oral History of Courtney Love.

The pussy was rank and nasty but I was so high and horny I endulged anyways. Who damn, I am now broke because of the doctor bills and they are still working on the cure for genital warts that are all over my face and lips. All I can say is that pussy is the poster child for GRUNGE because that mop is a grungy mess. No wonder Kurt blew his brains out.
    Yeah...they don't painted a very flattering picture of Ms Love.............

People in the scene pretty much call her out as the golddigger she is......

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And now.....the rest of the story....

ANDREW WOOD singer for MALFUNKSHUN & MOTHER LOVE BONE

HUGE DAVID LEE ROTH & VAN HALEN FAN!!!

"His folks took Andy and my brother to meet Van Halen as they went into the radio station in town , KISW. My brother got Eddie Van Halen's autograph, and Andy went right to DAVID LEE ROTH.
    Everyone else was asking for autographs, and Andy said to DAVID LEE ROTH, "I just wanna shake your hand." DAVID LEE ROTH shook his hand and said, "I'm on a schedule , son." Andy loved it"

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Maybe it's because I was living in the PNW for the start of the Grunge movement but.......the local music scene was vibrant and watching guys, who played the same dive bars as we did, make it felt like a win for all of us.

Musically I was at the top of my game and between college, living on my own, the adventure of just being in your early 20's and feeling like you were indestructible all came together during the Grunge years.

There's something to be said about being there and it was cool knowing about all these bands before they blew up on the national stage.
    Yep. When you saw Nirvana play in some dude's house, and Soundgarden play on the back of a flatbed truck at Lakefair, no stadium show compares with that. I would still love the music those guys put out whether or not anybody east of the Cascades or south of Eugene ever heard of it.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry, grunge sucked.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No need to apologize...I've figured out your musical taste is "suspect"!

Just for those who appreciate.....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJIEZx-_T74?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJIEZx-_T74?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_V_6yIvmzgw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_V_6yIvmzgw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aY87kq24EI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0aY87kq24EI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
    Last edited by Matt White; 11-07-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt White View Post
    And now.....the rest of the story....

ANDREW WOOD singer for MALFUNKSHUN & MOTHER LOVE BONE

HUGE DAVID LEE ROTH & VAN HALEN FAN!!!

"His folks took Andy and my brother to meet Van Halen as they went into the radio station in town , KISW. My brother got Eddie Van Halen's autograph, and Andy went right to DAVID LEE ROTH.
    Everyone else was asking for autographs, and Andy said to DAVID LEE ROTH, "I just wanna shake your hand." DAVID LEE ROTH shook his hand and said, "I'm on a schedule , son." Andy loved it"

Man, Andrew Wood was a tragic case. Have you seen the new Cameron Crowe film about the history of Pearl Jam? It is pretty damned cool.

They talk about Andrew, and give credit where credit is due.
    Unfortunately his drug problems did him in.

When Andrew met Uncle Dave coulda been in 1978 when I saw them. As my friend and I were driving up to the Seattle Center Coliseum from Tacoma, Van Halen were on KISW, and my friends and I were laughing our asses off. Dave was brilliant that day. Funny like ten motherfuckers.

When I went to Seattle for vacation in 2006, I tracked down the place where Bugsy's existed...it is now
    a clothing boutique called Synapse. There was the front part of the place. You would go through a door at the back of the room into the performance room, which had a garage door that opened onto S. Washington Avenue.

Here is a photo of the place today. The building Bugsy's was in was and is called The Buttnick Building, lol. The corner space (now the entrance to a Persian rug place) was a convenience store. The front door to Bugsy's (now Synapse) was on the right side (in the image below, there is a light green poster in the window to the right of the doorway), and you can see the garage door on Washington Ave. on the left.

Seattle from the late 70s to the early 90s had a really interesting music scene.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-07-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Those Van Halen appearances on KISW were some fucking hilarious shit. They were all completely shit faced and Roth was doing drunken Star Trek lines and shit

Damn it Jim, I'm a rock star, not a doctor!

Someone's gotta have that shit on tape somewhere, and they damn well need to get it out on the net if they do. So far, the only record of these KISW appearances ever existing are the two station ID tags they recorded, which KISW aired for years after that......

Regardless of what the titles say on these You Tube clips, I'd say it's more likely these were recorded in 78 or 79, since that's when Van Halen was live on the air.

Just one of the many reasons why KISW was such a kick ass radio station back then, before they (like so many other stations) became part of the cookie cutter corporate radio culture.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In the summer of 78 they were playing Roy Buchanan's instrumental "You're Not Alone" several times a day. THAT was how fucking cool they were.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, they had a very eclectic mix of music in those days. They were playing Ac/Dc before anyone else in the States had heard of them. One of the first radio stations in the country to play The Knack, The Clash, Elvis Costello, and of course, The Mighty Van Halen. And you could hear that all in the same hour, along with the classic rock staples of the day, including Kristy's favorite bands Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Then there was Steve Slaton's "Disco Destruction". Mr Bruce's Neighborhood. The live shows Slaton played every night at 9 PM....

Just don't fucking make radio like that anymore

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Unfortunately.

Thing is, with today's homogenization of radio, I would bet if a station were to go free-form within a certain genre, they could make a killing in the ratings....

But then, there is satellite and internet radio, so perish the thought.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-08-2011 at 04:05 AM.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Finished it...GREAT read

Funny...the entire "Seattle" movement started out as DIY bands having fun...and degenerated into a Heroin mess...sad

You also get an idea how close those bands were....coming up together playing the same parties & shithole clubs.......

Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Nirvana, Tad, Screaming Trees, Skin Yard, Cat Butt (has to be the silliest name ever), L7, The Gits, Alice N Chains.....all hung together, toured together.....Damn....I miss those days

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, the damned thing is still sitting on the shelf after 3 weeks, so perhaps I'll bring it home tonight and see what's up.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Well, the damned thing is still sitting on the shelf after 3 weeks, so perhaps I'll bring it home tonight and see what's up.
    Trust me Chef...Good Stuff...

All the reasons to hate Courtney Love in there....

Sad tales of Layne Staley...and Andrew Wood...too many ODs to count...

Still...a lot of people having a good time....The guys from Mudhoney had a blast..U-men kept a level head and didnt cash in..........

Buzz Osborne of the Melvins is a twisted genius...............

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEbYxEXM2cE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HEbYxEXM2cE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNj7ZyZy7cw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNj7ZyZy7cw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQU9r12N0Jo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQU9r12N0Jo?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0XvgYy_z8x0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0XvgYy_z8x0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkcJEvMcnEg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkcJEvMcnEg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxKWTzr-k6s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CxKWTzr-k6s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7KxgOs31Hs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y7KxgOs31Hs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWZ9ihZ_TUw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tWZ9ihZ_TUw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Fretting Machine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Grunge isn't exactly my thing, but I'll check out the book out of curiosity...
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Beavis & Butthead liked this song, but I'll bet Cuntney Love didn't. (yeah, it's all about that bitch)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Take a fucked up log industry. The resulting poverty. Drugs. Booze. Add in some angry fucked up kids and you have grunge. Where do you thing the pendleton shirts came from? Northwest logging.

Canuklehead
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Unfortunately.

Thing is, with today's homogenization of radio, I would bet if a station were to go free-form within a certain genre, they could make a killing in the ratings....

But then, there is satellite and internet radio, so perish the thought.
    I would agree if XM was still around...but Sirius nutted it big time.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We need to bring pirate radio back. Develop a special goo foam that encases any censors or FCC agents in a big glob of sticky goo if they try to interfere with the programming.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Take a fucked up log industry. The resulting poverty. Drugs. Booze. Add in some angry fucked up kids and you have grunge. Where do you thing the pendleton shirts came from? Northwest logging.
    A lot of those kids were from the middle class burbs.............

If you're that poor you usually aren't going to be able to afford equipment..................

The U-Men and the 1st wave of "Grunge" bands all were college students..................................

Still.....Gloom, Rain, High powered Coffee.....smokes, speed, little sleep & a GREAT sense of humor........

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CBACTCS4SmI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CBACTCS4SmI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpNVkj_m6JQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpNVkj_m6JQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

And just to show the area isn't done........

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrQRS40OKNE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DrQRS40OKNE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just a sidebar here on the state of corporate radio in Seattle. Guess who just got the new morning show on KZOK, starting next week?

Danny Bonaduce Brings His Show to Seattle Radio KZOK
    November 8, 2011 3:33 PM

Yeah, that’s right. You used to know him as Danny Partridge, or as a reality TV star, and now you’re going to know him as the new Morning Show host on 102.5 KZOK. Starting at 5:45am on Monday November 14, KZOK, a CBS radio station, is proud to present the Danny Bonaduce Show.

Why Seattle? Danny answers that question with, ”Seattle is the most beautiful city I have ever seen. Plus, I’ve never been arrested there, so that’s good. The first time I saw Seattle, I thought someone put a major metropolitan city in the middle of Yosemite National Park. I can’t believe I get to live and work there. I’m about coming to Seattle because I met my wife at Starbucks. Can’t wait to go to the very first Starbucks. It’s like the holy grail.”

He also adds, “I can’t wait to ride the S.L.U.T., and your trolley. You know that Seattle is a great music town. Did you know that Seattle was the first city to play the Beatles on the radio? This is the place for me.”

It’s going to be an amazing show, and 102.5 KZOK The Classic Rock Station can’t wait to bring Danny’s talent, wit and style to you on Monday, November 14 along with his Co-Host Sarah.
    Is Reuben Kincaid going to produce the show?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brought it home last evening, then carried it back to work to continue reading. That in and of itself should tell you how good it is. A very entertaining read. Best line so far is from chapter 2, by a journalist known as Jeff Gilbert: : “Grunge isn't a music style. It's complaining set to a drop D tuning.”

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Brought it home last evening, then carried it back to work to continue reading. That in and of itself should tell you how good it is. A very entertaining read. Best line so far is from chapter 2, by a journalist known as Jeff Gilbert: : “Grunge isn't a music style. It's complaining set to a drop D tuning.”
    Right on Chef! Jeff Gilbert used to write for GUITAR WORLD back in the day...he always interviewed the Seattle bands....funny guy

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You guys have inspired me to get this.. the whole grunge 'movement' is dear to me, best years of my life and all.... I have to admit, I'm impressed with the level of respect shown to it on a VH board.. very cool.

Thread Information