Thread: Paterno Out At Penn State

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Paterno Out At Penn State

Okay...so...Tressel gets shitcanned because he didn't tell the NCAA about tattoos, then lying and saying he didn't know a thing about it...

So...do I even want to open the can of worms at Penn State?

Yes, Paterno told his athletic director about misdeeds by Sandusky after he was a coach in 2002. No, the person that told him (a former player) wasn't specific, but according to Paterno, was extremely distraught...

So, when nothing happened, do you just get to wash your hands and say, "I told my athletic directo, so I did what I was supposed to."

Really...

I know...I know...it's Joe Paterno...he's perfect in every way...

What a fucking joke...

How, morally, you would go right to the fucking police...

If true...Sandusky should be strung up and stoned...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I agree, Sweater-vest is a shady douchebag no doubt but this shit at Penn State is far beyond anything the Suckeyes, Michigan, Hell, even Miami back when they had a payroll matching the Dolphins, got penalized for. What is a good enough punishment for this? Everybody from the top down should be fired and prosecuted and then what? Sanctions? Death penalty for football at Penn State? What do you even use for a reference on this? Sandusky should be hung by his fucking nuts for this.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    I agree, Sweater-vest is a shady douchebag no doubt but this shit at Penn State is far beyond anything the Suckeyes, Michigan, Hell, even Miami back when they had a payroll matching the Dolphins, got penalized for. What is a good enough punishment for this? Everybody from the top down should be fired and prosecuted and then what? Sanctions? Death penalty for football at Penn State? What do you even use for a reference on this? Sandusky should be hung by his fucking nuts for this.
    I don't know...I just don't know...this goes so fucking far beyond the NCAA at this point.

In all seriousness here, Paterno only telling the AD about his pal Sandusky is utterly unforgivable. If any human being comes to me and says, "Yo coach, I saw Jerry in the bathroom screwing around sexually with little Bob, and it didn't look consensual (hell, if it did I'd)," I'd fucking report it to the police...no questions asked. It's not like some bum came up to fucking Paterno with false allegations...someone respected in the organization came up...someone who clearly has Paterno's respect...

and even though Sandusky wasn't technically a part of the program (bullshit), as a fucking human being...as a fucking human being in charge of young men that respect you...hell...fucking worship you...you owe it to them all to do a little more than "tell the athletic director."

The fact that Paterno was just allowed to walk away from this (yeah...that's a surprise...he could have brought a 12-gauge into the grand jury room and blown them all away, and still not been charged with anything) is a fucking joke...

But what the fuck do I know...maybe there's more to the story...

but either way...

Sandusky needs to find a nice high tree...with a nice short rope...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As a PA native and as a father of two boys, disgusting doesn't begin to describe my thoughts....

I would be shocked to see anything OTHER than a total house-cleaning, from the president Spanier all the way down....

And yes, that includes JoePa..... Maybe he'll quote/unquote resign and not get fired, but this is only getting worse...

National media is now camped out at Happy Valley....

JoePa is having a press conference tomorrow, and they're trying to tell the press he's only answering questions about fucking Nebraska....

That should be some entertaining TV....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    As a PA native and as a father of two boys, disgusting doesn't begin to describe my thoughts....

I would be shocked to see anything OTHER than a total house-cleaning, from the president Spanier all the way down....

And yes, that includes JoePa..... Maybe he'll quote/unquote resign and not get fired, but this is only getting worse...

National media is now camped out at Happy Valley....

JoePa is having a press conference tomorrow, and they're trying to tell the press he's only answering questions about fucking Nebraska....

That should be some entertaining TV....
    The scary thing about Paterno...is if he gets pissed off...things could get interesting...

Man...who in the fuck would want to take over Penn State if they clean house...because of a sexual assault case...

Shit...

following Paterno AND playing with boys?

Holy hell...they'll have to hire Gerry Faust...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's the funny thing....

Mike McQueary, the big dorky redheaded WR's coach who was the Grad Assistant that caught Sandusky in the act, is the recruiting coordinator and is on a recruiting trip right now !!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder what his recruiting pitch is going to be...

"hey...ah...at least we got rid of Sandusky...huh...am I right..."

Ouch...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Christ, what a mess. ESPN just devoted about 15 or more minutes of airtime during the noon Sports Center to the significance of Penn State cancelling Paterno's weekly press conference. This included the sometimes questionable Matt Millen becoming overcome with emotion and breaking down on the set.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Paterno Out At Penn State

The longtime Nittany Lions head coach will leave the coaching ranks within days or weeks, according to a New York Times report, as a sex-abuse scandal that has implicated university officials rocks not only the entire campus but the entire college football world and society as a whole.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sucks for him, but he shouldn't have let Pedobear work for him all those years.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post

ooooooh

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Apparently this is an actual book cover. Probably not the best choice of titles, all things considered.......

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    no shit

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Christ, what a mess. ESPN just devoted about 15 or more minutes of airtime during the noon Sports Center to the significance of Penn State cancelling Paterno's weekly press conference. This included the sometimes questionable Matt Millen becoming overcome with emotion and breaking down on the set.
    Well...I hate Millen...but I fucking get it...

Joe Paterno IS Penn State football...

While many colleges say that football will cunt-inue no matter what...Penn State is a little different...

Paterno has been there since what...1950...and head coach since '66?

No way fucking Urban Meyer wants to fucking take over a program after Sandusky hummered half the needy kids in Happy Valley...and to follow Paterno?

Jesus Christ...

no way...

Ohio State will look like fucking nirvana in comparison...

but fuck...not time to worry about a coach...

...these fucking kids...

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

You mean Ped State?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Shit don't stink
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Why weeks or months?

He should be done NOW.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    You mean Ped State?
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow...good to see the Penn State Board of Idiots really make a statement.

Folks, they are going to order an inquiry!

WAY TO GET ON THAT PENN STATE!

Might as well not do the right thing yet!

I love how the Penn State faithful are surrounding JoePa with support...that's how fucking skewed things are in college athletics...that people would cheer someone for making a mistake that ultimately may have cost several boys to get assaulted...

Seriously...for someone to clearly let their friendship impede their morals...they should be there to lynch him...not support him...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What I want to know is how the fuck nothing was said or done to the university after 2008 when the grand jury started. Here, Sandusky was STILL showing up at the university...as recently as last week...

Good thorough investigation there...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Well...I hate Millen...but I fucking get it...

Joe Paterno IS Penn State football...

While many colleges say that football will cunt-inue no matter what...Penn State is a little different...

Paterno has been there since what...1950...and head coach since '66?

No way fucking Urban Meyer wants to fucking take over a program after Sandusky hummered half the needy kids in Happy Valley...and to follow Paterno?

Jesus Christ...

no way...

Ohio State will look like fucking nirvana in comparison...

but fuck...not time to worry about a coach...

...these fucking kids...

You know this as well as I do Poj, not just within the context of football, but as well as with colleges in general, there was always something different about Penn State....

With the exceptions of a couple drunken football players in the dorms, you simply didn't see the shitstain that goes on at major college athletics at Penn State....

You can give multiple examples of things that happen, whether it deals with recruiting or whatever, and I always said to myself, "that shit doesn't happen at Penn State"....

Just goes to show how shocked I am with all this....

But in terms of Meyer, I think that if JoePa steps down/is fired, it'll be an assistant so it's there's simply SOME sort of transition within the football program....

And yeah, the OSU scandal looks like a kid taking a gumball from the store in comparison.....

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Paterno gets to finish the season then retire, what a load of shit. These kids are scarred for life and now they get to hear about Paterno all season long and to be followed by some grand retirement ceremony, fuck off Paterno, ignorance is no excuse and sports are NOT bigger then everything else. I hope the NCAA (and yes, they are fucking douchebags to) nail Penn State to the fucking wall for this.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What concerns me the most about all of this is that no one, no one has thought to mention the 800 pound gorilla in the room here: Sandusky didn't just wake up late in life sometime in the late 1990s and decide "Yup, I'm gonna start molesting little kids." And he certainly didn't decide to stop sometime in the early 2000s, either.

Human nature doesn't exist in a vacuum, so he had to have been doing this for years before getting caught. How many more victims are out there? Wherever this creep went in life he had the warped need, if not the opportunity to attend to his desires. Somebody, somewhere along the line had to have seen or suspected something. Furthermore, if this has been taking place for a length of time, we are talking about an institutionalized form of cover up, and not just at Penn State.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 11-10-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck Joe Paterno and fuck Penn State. Those pom-pom waving, rah-rah, holier-than-thou assholes finally got what's coming to them.

The culture of that university finally bit them in the ass. Working all of the angles from the top down, with the "old boys network" handling everything and covering it all up.

Joe Paterno might have been a great coach, but he SUCKED as a human being. When you are such a legend at an institution that you get a statue outside of a 100,000 seat stadium BEFORE you're dead, then you have a HUGE responsibility to do what's right. In this case, "JoePa" should have been burning rubber to the police station, with his coaching staff and university administration in the car with him.

But Joe did the bare minimum to cover his own ass and ensure that when all of this shit came raining down, he had the biggest umbrella.

Paterno was the face of Penn State through DECADES of success. Now, he is the face of their failure...even more so than the pedo Sandusky, because he was a nobody until this news broke.

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger thread. Can we get a re-title like "Child sex scandal rocks Penn State University" and get it some more attention. This is big sports news...especially in my neck of the woods.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OK, now this is just plain odd...

Questions on Sandusky Are Wrapped in a 2005 Mystery

By KEN BELSON NYTIMES

One of the questions surrounding the sex-abuse case against Jerry Sandusky is why a former district attorney chose not to prosecute the then-Penn State assistant coach in 1998 after reports surfaced that he had inappropriate interactions with a boy.

The answer is unknowable because of an unsolved mystery: What happened to Ray Gricar, the Centre County, Pa., district attorney?

Gricar went missing in April 2005. The murky circumstances surrounding his disappearance — an abandoned car, a laptop recovered months later in a river without a hard drive, his body was never found — have spawned Web sites, television programs and conspiracy theories. More than six years later, the police still receive tips and reports of sightings. The police in central Pennsylvania continue to investigate even though Gricar’s daughter, Lara, successfully petitioned in July to have her father declared legally dead so the family could find some closure and begin dividing his estate.

Yet as the Sandusky investigation moves forward, questions will be asked anew about why Gricar did not pursue charges against him 13 years ago. A small but strident minority believes Gricar did not want to tackle a case that involved a hometown icon. Others who knew and worked with Gricar say he was a meticulous, independent and tough-minded prosecutor who was unbowed by Penn State, its football program and political pressure in general.

“No one got a bye with Ray,” said Anthony De Boef, who worked as an assistant district attorney under Gricar for five years. “He didn’t care who you were; he had a job to do.”

De Boef said Gricar did not share any information with him about the case in 1998, which involved Sandusky allegedly showering with an 11-year-old boy. Gricar, he said, reviewed the police reports in private including, presumably, notes or recordings of two conversations that the police heard between Sandusky and the boy’s mother. But Gricar had a reputation for thoroughness, and if he thought he had enough to charge Sandusky, he would have, De Boef and other lawyers said.

Still, the circumstances surrounding Gricar’s disappearance prompt many questions.

On April 15, 2005, Gricar, then 59, took the day off. At about 11:30 a.m., he called his girlfriend, Patricia Fornicola, to say he was taking a drive on Route 192. About 12 hours later, she reported him missing.

The next day, Gricar’s Mini Cooper was found in a parking lot in Lewisburg, about 50 miles from his home in Bellefonte. Gricar’s cellphone was in the car, but not his laptop, wallet or keys, which were never recovered. Months later, the laptop was found in the Susquehanna River without its hard drive, which was discovered later. It was too damaged to yield any information. On the fourth anniversary of his disappearance, investigators revealed that a search of his home computer yielded a history of Internet searches for phrases like “how to wreck a hard drive,” according to a report at the time in The Centre Daily Times.

When Gricar disappeared helicopters, dive teams and patrol cars were deployed, and the F.B.I. was brought in. Reports of Gricar turning up in Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Maryland and other states proved to be dead ends.

So what happened? Friends and colleagues say Gricar was not the type to walk away. His bank accounts were not touched after he disappeared, he had no other sources of income and he had no major debts, said Robert Buehner Jr., a friend and the district attorney in Montour County. Though divorced twice, he seemed happy with his girlfriend and close with his daughter. Gricar had already announced that he was retiring at the end of his term.

“He was absolutely looking forward to his future,” Buehner said.

If Gricar committed suicide, Buehner added, he would have wanted the body to be found. Foul play is the next possible conclusion. By the nature of their jobs prosecuting criminals, district attorneys end up having many enemies. But no credible suspects have emerged.

“I don’t think you’ll find too many district attorneys who disappear,” said Ken Mains, a detective who works on cold cases in Lycoming County. “D. B. Cooper, Amelia Earhart, Jimmy Hoffa, until a body is found, there are going to be conspiracy theories.”

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't believe that Sandusky has the wherewithal to make somebody up and disappear. This whole story reeks of creepiness from no-neck Paterno on down. Now I don't know much about college football other than the University of Colorado's program sucks but it's so difficult to understand how Penn State's college football program can literally wield power to the point where it is above the law. Just how many in that program had to have known Sandusky was a fucking creep who most likely not only had a penchant for touching and molesting little boys but that he must had have photos, stories and other connections to keep his twisted perversion satiated? Maybe Gricar was in on it, too and that this is part of a larger sex ring that anyone can imagine. I mean, how else could it have had gone on like this for so long with so many people knowing and nobody contacting the authorities?

What gets me is the hard drive missing and then found years later in a river all of places as if somebody wanted it to be found. I can only speculate the Gricar had the names and addresses of others who were into the same sick game Sandusky was during the coarse of his investigation and that their careers were much higher up on the social order. It reads oh so Hollywood. Gricar could have been blackmailing people or he was ready to issue some arrest warrants to some very important people...who knows? Either way, it's really creepy.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    JoePa and Pres. Spanier just got fired, effective immediately....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is Sandusky a friend of the BCE? This whole "disappearing district attorney" subplot sounds like one of their moves.

Don't laugh at this just yet..... I heard Tom Ridge is in the running to be the new Big Cheese at Pedo State, and we all know who he used to work for.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No shit?
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sandusky is a blatant sociopath if anything. It wasn't just boys he was (allegedly) touching but poor boys who came from broken homes and most likely had emotional problems so who would believe them if they told anyone? Seems Sandusky was the proverbial wolf guarding (i.e., running) the perfect hen house. And with all sociopaths, they will do or say anything to keep their ways functioning

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Sandusky is a blatant sociopath if anything. It wasn't just boys he was (allegedly) touching but poor boys who came from broken homes and most likely had emotional problems so who would believe them if they told anyone? Seems Sandusky was the proverbial wolf guarding (i.e., running) the perfect hen house. And with all sociopaths, they will do or say anything to keep their ways functioning
    Standard pedobear operating procedure there. They target the emotionally needy kids, gain their trust, and then rape them. Sick fucks.

Hope somebody's rolling a video camera when that old bastard is turned loose in general population of the prison.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's about time that old fossil got the boot. He's only 84 years old and been coaching at Ped State for 45 fucking years. Time for some new blood.
    Last edited by Little Texan; 11-09-2011 at 10:43 PM.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pedo State
    Not cool bro, that one hurts....

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Im just amazed, the whole media is calling for his job & his ego wanted to
    finish off the year..sorry Joe, this is bigger than YOU

EUAS

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know...not crazy about the whole "pedo state" bullshit. VA will tell you all how little I care for Penn State, but to even crack a joke...when god knows how many kids had their lives ruined by an ex-employee of that school just doesn't seem right to me.

Penn State absolutely needs to be held accountable...but I just can't go beyond that at this point...

In all honesty, my hope is that Penn State rights the ship as fast as possible...and takes care of those that need taking care of...the good and the bad...

A friend of mine asked me what's next in college athletics...and to be honest...I don't know...

This is so beyond anything...

Penn State's football program may just have been dealt the worst kind of death penalty...

Seriously...who the fuck would want to touch that head coaching job after Joe Paterno, and a sexual abuse scandal...not that football is important at this point...but damn...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I just don't see an assistant taking over...

Penn State has to wipe the slate completely clean...brand new regime...

...they need to go after the top head football coach at a mid-major...or a lower division...

and someone that is as clean as a whistle...

Wow...I can't even fucking express the utter fucking shock of all this...

Joe Paterno out at Penn State...fired...for covering up a coach that was raping ten year old kids...

Honest to christ...shocking...

Guaranteed...Joe Paterno will die within a year...no way that guy knows what to do with himself without football...

wow...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    What concerns me the most about all of this is that no one, no one has thought to mention the 800 pound gorilla in the room here: Sandusky didn't just wake up late in life sometime in the late 1990s and decide "Yup, I'm gonna start molesting little kids." And he certainly didn't decide to stop sometime in the early 2000s, either.

Human nature doesn't exist in a vacuum, so he had to have been doing this for years before getting caught. How many more victims are out there? Wherever this creep went in life he had the warped need, if not the opportunity to attend to his desires. Somebody, somewhere along the line had to have seen or suspected something. Furthermore, if this has been taking place for a length of time, we are talking about an institutionalized form of cover up, and not just at Pen State.
    Well said...

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It is what it is. The pedo jokes were never funny to anyone that addressed such monsters. Pedobear only gave some a ill feeling toward Teddy Bears.
    What happen happened. I find it odd that a whole school did not know. I imagine that once the surface is scratched there will be others. There is never only one.
    The jokes as you call them, were never jokes; they were warnings; they were coping devices. But many of them that you would label pedo jokes were hurtful.
    Some people never recover fully from things like this. Just recently a young man carried out an assignation of a priest in a retirement home. The priest was near dead any way and the young man ... He said he thought he would feel more revenge when he pulled the trigger.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sacrificing teddy bears is a good exchange for having the warning and branding device clearly about.

Thread Information