ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

There are 44,000 students on that campus.... And yes, a couple dozen of them were completely idiots and deserved any punishment they're going to get....

99% of them were out there just because that was the "happening" thing to do and/or wanted to get on TV....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2014 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    There are 44,000 students on that campus.... And yes, a couple dozen of them were completely idiots and deserved any punishment they're going to get....

99% of them were out there just because that was the "happening" thing to do and/or wanted to get on TV....
    I am very sorry what happened to a school and area that you cared about. However...

Students Riot at Paterno's Ouster

Thousands of students at Penn State rioted Wednesday night after the university fired football coach Joe Paterno and school president Graham B. Spanier. The mob flipped over a news van, tore down two lampposts, and threw rocks and cans; police responded with riot gear and tear gas. The attack on the news van demonstrated the protesters’ belief that Paterno was the victim of a media campaign. Earlier in the day, Paterno had said he would retire at the end of the season, but the school’s trustees chose to remove him immediately.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-s-firing.html

Mixed in the crowd were a few dissenting opinions. Dan Smith, 21, a junior studying secondary education, said he thought the board was correct.

“The hardest part, because he was a hero to me, is coming to grips with what he did, or actually what he didn’t do,” Mr. Smith said.

Like Mr. Smith, Kevin Goff, 19, a freshman studying film, did not protest Mr. Paterno’s firing. He came out just to see the show.

“My friends were like, ‘I don’t want to get Maced,’ ” he said. “I was like, ‘I don’t want to miss seeing this, so I guess that means I do kind of want to get Maced.’ ”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/11/sp...sted.html?_r=1

++++++++++++++++++

SELF-AWARE

Matt Rourke / AP Photo
    Penn State Alum: Why Students Rioted

The Penn State student body has been the target of national outrage after students angrily protested the firing of disgraced college football coach Joe Paterno. But Grantland staff writer and Penn State alum Michael Weinreb says rioting is an inexplicable part of the school’s culture. “Maybe it’s the omnipresence of alcohol, and maybe it’s a party culture that’s been honed over the course of several decades, and maybe just the sense that we’re young and invulnerable.” That’s no excuse, of course: Weinreb writes that it’s time to “reexamine every aspect of the culture we’ve fostered.”

Read it at Grantland
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...ts-rioted.html

By Jonah Goldberg
    11:53 a.m. EST, November 11, 2011

"Of course we're going to riot," Paul Howard, a 24 year-old aerospace engineering student at Penn State University, told The New York Times. "What do they expect when they tell us at 10 o'clock that they fired our football coach?"

The coach in question, as we all know, is Joe Paterno, the decades-long patriarch of Penn State football. Mr. Paterno was fired by the board of trustees for his part in a reprehensible non-response to the alleged rape of a 10-year-old boy in the locker room showers.

You have to wonder what's wrong with our society when someone can say, "Of course we're going to riot," but not over the cover-up of pedophiliac rape. Rather, students feel it is their obvious right, perhaps even duty, to throw violent temper tantrums when a multimillionaire football coach is fired, simply because the coach is part of their "college experience."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...,4479938.story
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Look, I don't follow football. But the name PENN will be recalled with this attached to it.

The Same difference between Ole Miss and Southern Miss, most people will only recall Miss and thus Mississippi.

I am really sorry about what happened to a school and area you care about. It was shameful! Moreover, you are as much a victim of this greed and corruption as many others are and will be.
    I'm not a victim of this, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about....

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I am not sure what is the truth. The pictures look closer to a thousand or 2. The PSU student newspaper is reporting:
    Over 300 students gathered outside Paterno's residence to cheer for him when he arrived home from practice.
    Joe Paterno talks to Penn State students from his window
    Aaron Dunlevy
    http://www.collegian.psu.edu/asset.aspx?id=4918
    http://www.collegian.psu.edu/

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sandusky grand jury presentment
    Click here to read the Sandusky grand jury presentment. Editor's Note: this document was released on Friday Nov. 4, 2011 by the Pennsylvania Attorney General and contains graphic content.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive...resentment.pdf

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:40 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Not all the Penn State students are idiotically crying over Paterno......

...unfortunately, this guy is obviously outnumbered, despite the fact that he's speaking the truth.

7. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Blaze (11-12-2011)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Harsh. Google "NCAA Death Penalty." It's nicknamed the "death penalty" because that's literally what it is to a school and a local economy.

You're not only affecting the Football program, but the University as a whole, the other athletic programs (men and women) at PSU, the local economy, T-shirt makers, vendors, secretaries and other workers in the athletic department, stadium groundskeepers, restaurants and hotels near the stadium etc. etc...
    What do you care? They're all liberals, right?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So obviously, you're pointing all of your vitriol at Paterno...
    Not all of it. Maybe I have something against people with no necks.

And get your facts right, he didn't hold anything on his front yard, they came to him.
    Same diffy.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

but he is CERTAINLY not the only one to blame in this situation....

Not even close...
    Totally agree...

...the reality of the situation is likely that the ENTIRE staff eventually found out about this due to clubhouse politics, especially when you consider the fact that Paterno was more or less a figurehead over the past several years. While it was swept under the rug to the public, there's NO DOUBT that more on the staff (Bradley, for example) knew about it and did nothing out of fear for a football program...

...and you can even believe that the NCAA had an idea this was going down...

Over the years, Penn State was one of the...if not THE one...program they could hang their hat on, and I could imagine the NCAA finding out and doing absolutely nothing...corrupt doesn't say the word.

As to the Penn St. culture, that's interesting, and I'm on the fence about this.

SMU was put on the death penalty in 1987 because of years and years of creating a culture of cheating and lying. They were paying players via a booster, and the NCAA stated that, "they had to eliminate a program that was built on wrongdoing, deceit and rules violations."

As many have said here, this issue is so fucking beyond football. As ironic as it is, and as "clean" as this program was with regards to NCAA violations, it created the same thing that has been created at schools like Switzer's Sooners, and Pete Carroll's USC Trojans and Jim Tressell's Ohio State Buckeyes. It created this pantheon for a program that was so larger than life, that folks were allowed to get away with everything under the sun. The difference between SMU, USC, Ohio State and Oklahoma...and Penn St. is that their issues were all covering up players receiving cash in some form (which is likely done in every major program held to these standards, by the way), and involved moronic players.

At Penn St., it involved the coaching staff, and the administration, and who the fuck knows who else. Worse...is it involved minors...minors who were in a program to get help...who ultimately had their life shredded.

No, I don't believe that Penn State should be kicked out of the Big 10...but I DO think that the "death penalty" should be on the table...and not from the NCAA, but from the university themselves. When you have a culture that covers up the raping of young boys in your locker room...and when you have a university full of students that are supporting the COACH, there's something so innately wrong with that...

On top of that, you have players showing up today...100 or so...and will be on the sideline to show support to the football team...and many of these same players are giving money to fucking Sandusky because he "deserves a fair trial..."

That football program needs to be suspended, and no, not for the rest of the season...as a matter of fact, they should play out, or at least play today, because the kids their now deserve to play their last home game, and their last season if they want to.

But I'll be honest...if my son played for that team...I'm not sure he'd be dressing today...

But...after this season...that program needs to be suspended...period..end of story...for at least a year. Clearly, the last ten years have been built on wrongdoing, deceit, and rules violations...no...not NCAA rules violations...but much...much worse...

11. 3 users say thank you to POJO_Risin for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (11-12-2011),Kristy (11-12-2011),Little Texan (11-12-2011)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seriously, the Mike Mcqueary situation is exactly what I'm talking about...

I've heard fucking enough about "the whistleblower" bullshit already...and I get it...it's a Pennsylvania law...

...but if I'm president...I'm fucking firing his ass period...and not worrying about repercussions...

We don't know the full story for sure...but with the information that we have...that fucking guy should have been fired first...and it should have been extremely public...

There isn't one of us, of at least the people I know at this forum...that wouldn't have seen what the fucking guy saw in that locker room and picked up the nearest football helmet, and bludgeoned that sick fucker to death. Not one of us...

...and there should be an unspoken rule on ESPN, or any major or minor news outlet...

whenever there's a report on ANYTHING involving this case, the report should start with, "Jerry Sandusky rapes little boys, and will soon be raped by every convict in the Penn State PENILE system." I've had enough of his name getting swept under the rug...

There is some irony there...

That guy needs a daily fucking stoning...

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    What do you care? They're all liberals, right?
    Try to think logically here. I know that's a stretch for you, but try.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So much for the Penn State/Urban Meyer Rumors

LINK

Former University of Florida head coach Urban Meyer released a statement this morning in response to the rumors that he may be the top candidate for the now vacant Penn State head coaching position.

“I am very happy with my role at ESPN,” Meyer said in a statement. “I have no plans to return to coaching at this time.”

Tom Bradley is currently serving as the interim head coach for Penn State after the recent firing of longtime coach Joe Paterno. Paterno, who served as the head coach at Penn State for 45 years, was forced out after he failed to report his knowledge of Jerry Sandusky’s alleged child abuse to police.

Meyer, who stepped down from his position at the Florida in 2010, will be broadcasting this Saturday’s Penn State game against Nebraska. Meyer had also been rumored as the potential future head coach of Ohio State after former head coach Jim Tressel was forced to resign due to a memorabilia scandal.

In five years as the head coach of Florida Meyer posted a 65-15 record while claiming two National Championships. He has a 102-23 record as a head coach overall, and is 7-1 all-time in bowl games.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    But...after this season...that program needs to be suspended...period..end of story...for at least a year. Clearly, the last ten years have been built on wrongdoing, deceit, and rules violations...no...not NCAA rules violations...but much...much worse...
    You said it yourself..."not NCAA rules violations." I don't think the NCAA even has a legal basis to enact the death penalty on PSU, particularly when the NCAA administration may have some members, as has been rumored, that knew what went on 12 years ago. The death penalty was setup strictly for NCAA rules violations, not criminal offenses. I think we also need to see how widespread this thing went (among current PSU athletic department, university administration, and football coaching staff) of who knew what before ANYTHING is considered. Let the criminal investigation play out.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jerry Sandusky rapes little boys, and will soon be raped by every convict in the Penn State PENILE system.

You said it yourself..."not NCAA rules violations." I don't think the NCAA even has a legal basis to enact the death penalty on PSU, particularly when the NCAA administration may have some members, as has been rumored, that knew what went on 12 years ago. The death penalty was setup strictly for NCAA rules violations, not criminal offenses. I think we also need to see how widespread this thing went (among current PSU athletic department, university administration, and football coaching staff) of who knew what before ANYTHING is considered. Let the criminal investigation play out.
    The head coach knew...the athletic director knew...the president knew...and if you've ever been in a locker room at any level...and in particular, a college locker room, there's NO DOUBT that everyone else knew. While I can't speak to the dynamics at Penn State, I think it's pretty common knowledge that that particular locker room would be more conducive to the coaching staff knowing, since his top coordinators had been running things for several years. Regardless, if you stop at Paterno and all the head administrators, that's enough...

with regards to the NCAA, I would never expect them to ever do the right thing in any situation, let alone this one...what I said was...

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin
    No, I don't believe that Penn State should be kicked out of the Big 10...but I DO think that the "death penalty" should be on the table...and not from the NCAA, but from the university themselves. When you have a culture that covers up the raping of young boys in your locker room...and when you have a university full of students that are supporting the COACH, there's something so innately wrong with that...
    I think the University should suspend the program for a year at least..and the NCAA should allow the scholarship players to move to another school. I guarantee you there isn't a school in the big 10, or any other conference, that wouldn't bring those players on board, even the ones that stink, to allow them to finish their academic and athletic careers out from under the shroud of Jerry Sandusky, and the scumbags in charge of that university, and that program.

17. Thanked POJO_Risin for this KICKASS post:

Blaze (11-12-2011)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Jerry Sandusky rapes little boys, and will soon be raped by every convict in the Penn State PENILE system.

The fact that the NCAA would use "it's not an NCAA rules violation" is ridiculous in and of itself. Their "rules" are so malleable and such utter bullshit, they could likely enforce any rule they wanted. If the NCAA can prove corruption at any level, I'm sure they can enact any rule they want to with regards to a football program. I'm fairly sure that a kid gettng raped in an NCAA locker room by a former coach would give them some leverage, should they WANT to kill the program. Top that off with Penn State employees directly connected to the team covering it up...I'm also sure would fall under their jurisdiction. While I'm sure "raping young boys" isn't in the NCAA rule book, I'm 100% sure there are moral codes (which are normally ignored for normal rape and thuggery of today's normal athletes, but would be used in this case) which would pertain to this situation...

...again, they would have to want to go that direction...and it remains to be seen what will happen in the future...we aren't even around the first turn yet.

If it's found out that he didn't majestically start raping kids in 1998, and that he's been doing it for years, and years, and years, and years (since he started the program in what, 1977?)...well...

we'll have to wait and see...

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Though, it probably won't happen, it would go a long way for the school's culture if the players stand down (sit out ? not sure of the correct word) the next game.
    What I mean if the school is not canceling the game, the students should cancel the game.
    Last edited by Blaze; 11-12-2011 at 09:52 AM.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'd have no problem with that, as long as it's solely the football program....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know if I'm a sophomore high school player in PA, and a top recruit...I wouldn't even consider Penn State right now. If they shut the program down, hired a new coach (and I think if they did it right, they could commandeer a top candidate, or a respected name), gave him a year to rebuild the community, it would do a lot of cleansing, and while it would put the program behind an eight-ball for four or five years, those sophomores giving up on Penn State now, would likely reconsider as seniors...

I don't know...

Hard to think about football...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Reminds me of a certain Stanley Cup loss. I really don't get the idea of "wanting to be a part of it".

Its a riot...get out of there!!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That was no fucking riot, that's ridiculous...

Those were kids wanting to get out of their dorm room, probably a bunch of them drunk, that caused the damage...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Its not ridiculous at all. Those were fans coming out of the game. I see no difference.

All I am saying is what I heard via social media at the time and the day after regarding people being there at the riot in Vancouver.

Your statement is identical to the stuff I heard and saw here. Thankfully things never got too out of control at the campus.

You should ask yourself whether or not it is ok to indirectly support what was happening by being an obstacle to security/police whose job it is to control any injury/damage.

I think its a crock to give anyone a pass who "Wants to be part of it"
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 11-12-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Try to think logically here. I know that's a stretch for you, but try.

How about you try to think. Period.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    If it's found out that he didn't majestically start raping kids in 1998, and that he's been doing it for years, and years, and years, and years (since he started the program in what, 1977?)...well...

we'll have to wait and see...
    And when this goes to the courts you know there is gong to be a circus media feeding frenzy. Sandusky's unchecked sociopathic behavior led to who knows how many boys being molested. When the lawsuits come filing in one by one (and they will) knowing that a majority of them will be brought against Penn State I don't think will be much in the way of money to keep an of their athletic programs afloat.

27. Thanked Kristy for this KICKASS post:

Blaze (11-12-2011)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,580 Times in 3,459 Posts

I just read yesterday that Sandusky's house was vandalized with a brick (surely just the start many lovely little nuggets of karma to haunt that boy-rapist shitstool). But out on $100K bail, he apparently lives next to a school and playground. WTF?

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I have seen very little support for PSU

Below is 21 comments. I did not take more than one comment from each ID. I took comments until I reached 3 comments in support of PSU and this game.

Chatters:
    -
    Jack • Peoria, United States • about a minute ago Report Abuse
    Penn State University - Where FOOTBALL is king and children are abused!
    This doesn't sound like a good logo for the college brochure.
    -
    Sam about a minute ago Report Abuse
    Where are the honorable men. We need you right now to stand up for these kids!!! Protest the games. Research and have a good understanding of how these children have been damaged. These tapes will play over and over in their heads. They will re live this abuse over and over no matter how intensive their therapy is. Talk to other mature adults that were sexually abused as children. I was molested for 5 years 48 years ago (by someone I trusted) and can remember ALL the details like it happened yesterday. It changed my life and robbed me of the ability to be married and have a normal life.
    -
    Conservancy At MHR • Los Angeles, United States • about a minute ago Report Abuse
    ... greatest football team in gridiron history: the Penn State Pedophiles -- QED, asj.
    -
    Mr. X about a minute ago Report Abuse
    It's Nebraska against Penn State, now know as Pedophile State.
    -
    Faispasl'con about a minute ago Report Abuse
    I hope this organization crumbles in ruins after $millions in lawsuits from enraged parents. I'd rather see a football team and even an entire university sacrificed to make an unequivocal statement for other such organizations than having more little boys being sacrificed at the altar of a money generating sport Org.
    -
    Dan • Raleigh, United States • 2 minutes ago Report Abuse
    ...actually, if Penn State trustees can arrange for a steeple from a Catholic church to be placed on one of the university buildings, their problems will be solved.
    -
    Amy • Fayetteville, United States • 4 minutes ago Report Abuse
    It seems nobody is thinking of those poor boys that were molested and the nightmares I am sure they live with everyday! If Paterno stood by and said nothing he might as well have been molesting the boys as well. Our children need to know there are adults that will protect them and stand up for them. These adults failed those boys!!
    -
    Crash • Winona, United States • 6 minutes ago Report Abuse
    Listening to VCY America (Christian Broadcasting) earlier, they exclaimed that this game must be played today, it will bring a 'spiritual cleansing', a "baptism" of our souls and a renewal of our spirits.
    -
    Buick6 • Fairfield, United States • 12 minutes ago Report Abuse
    if this horrific thing happened at the highschool level, the season is over, the staff is gone, all admin through the chain of command would be fire or put on leave, but not penn state, the game and the games go on, money, football, high salaries first, the protection of young children, and doing the right thing, its just something they talk about to justify the greed and the horrible things, that they have allowed to happen, as long as they are making money, thats all that matters, i would be ashamed of that school if i were a student
    -
    BaryB 13 minutes ago Report Abuse
    Never mind pedophilia, WE WANT OUR FOOTBALL. No wonder the elites look at us as being uselsss eaters. Those kids who rioted should be taken out of the gene pool.

Unfortunately, this is small potatoes compared with the Franklin Coverup (franklincase.org). EVERY adult in the U.S. needs to research the Franklin Coverup, re: child sex slave rings connecting to D.C.
    -
    Percy 13 minutes ago Report Abuse
    The football players and the students have nothing to do with this horrible situation so why is everyone going after the football program and the students having a hard time finding jobs upon graduation. The guilty parties are NOT the students nor the football players and should not be punished - however, the others "The Liars and Cowards" should be penalized to the full extent of the law. Who were they protecting - certainly NOT the children....
    Edit note: Perry has a pedo type avatar
    -
    Choctaw Annie 27 minutes ago Report Abuse
    I can't even imagine the mindset of the people who attended this Penn State football game, claiming that it was a "healing experience." Or the people wearing shirts in support of Joe Paterno, who kept silent for years after learning that his subordinate, Sandusky, had raped a 10-year old child in his football program's shower. Have they no sense of decency? Have they no sense of shame? Or is it just rah rah JoePa, go Penn State football? Break out the grill and let's have a tailgate party. Would a "moment of silence" satisfy you if it was your child who was raped by Sandusky? Or would you have boycotted Penn State football games until this investigation was completed and justice provided to the victims?
    -
    Fred 27 minutes ago Report Abuse
    It's one thing to show a moment of silence... it would have had more impact if the players had gotten up after kneeling, and walked off the field. Moments of Silence are becoming commonplace and everyday occurrences and will be forgotten over time.
    -
    Craig • Phoenix, United States • 31 minutes ago Report Abuse
    This idea perpetuated by college football sycophants that we somehow "need" this game to "heal" is ridiculous.
    -
    KatH 32 minutes ago Report Abuse
    As I was born in Nebraska....GO BIG RED! And sympathy for the Penn. State players, team, and coaches....I'm watching as I type, and looks like the "Honor" of the game is holding steady from BOTH sides....as it should in this extremely tense time. The excitement and pure FUN of college football WILL survive this, and come back stronger!
    -
    S 33 minutes ago Report Abuse
    After something like this, how does a Penn State student rationalize in their mind to keep attending this school when the cover-up was so deep?
    -
    Dr. Alexander Hamilton • Los Angeles, United States • 34 minutes ago Report Abuse
    If I was the team, I would refuse to suit up. THAT will teach the Trustees a lesson on WHO is exactly making all the money for them. The Trustees don't care about what happened OR the kids, they are attempting to merely do damage control for all the revenue they make yearly off of TV rights and merchandising form their sports programs. That's all.

Paterno got a raw deal. He reported it as he was required to do.
    -
    ScallyWag 34 minutes ago Report Abuse
    Give the perverts the electric chair.
    -
    Andy 41 minutes ago Report Abuse
    Joe Paterno has sex with little boys !
    -
    Donald 41 minutes ago Report Abuse
    Band PENN STATE from football. Children Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    -
    CS 41 minutes ago Report Abuse
    McQueary and Paterno were the WHISTLEBLOWERS people. Read the story. It was the university presidents who received the allegation and conspired to not go to police.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Look, I don't follow football. But the name PENN will be recalled with this attached to it.

The Same difference between Ole Miss and Southern Miss, most people will only recall Miss and thus Mississippi.
    Stop...you're embarrassing yourself! You made one bad argument, VB VH Fan smacked you down for it, and now you try to follow it up with this ridiculous argument.

You're basically saying, hypothetically, that a scandal at UCLA would make all of California and it's colleges look bad , is that it?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    I think it proves rabid Penn State fans care more about their college football than boy rape. Oh my. They riot because their enabling coach got fired. They should just rename the school a Catholic name and say business as usual.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

Stop...you're embarrassing yourself! You made one bad argument, VB VH Fan smacked you down for it, and now you try to follow it up with this ridiculous argument.

You're basically saying, hypothetically, that a scandal at UCLA would make all of California and it's colleges look bad , is that it?
    oskaloosa will never be the same....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Penn_College

my sister went to school there

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Doubtless there have been instances in other universities where players themselves have either date-raped someone, drove drunk or something equally egregious and the matters have been hushed up or 'handled' within the confines of the school administration...I mean, fair enough, sodomizing little boys is about as despicable a crime as anything, but these uni athletic programs have become so central to some of these schools financially that the fear of even a whiff of a scandal makes people behave irrationally.

The sad part, beyond the awful thing Sandusky did, is that had the academic/athletic staff just done the right thing and called the police (the LOCAL police, not the campus cops) from the get-go and held a press conference, the whole matter would have been behind them by now.

The deed is terrible enough here, but the lies and covering up are, to me, equally shameful. Those who knew about it and did little more than inform their superiors within the university are accomplices to the crime in my eyes. The priorities of those who wonder what will become of the Penn athletic program as a result of this...I mean, really? The rape and sodomizing of a minor, and the complete systemic failure of how it was subsequently handled by university officials, eclipses such trivial things as 'Joe Pa's' legacy. Some clueless fuckers clearly need to get a grip re: the importance of sports vs. things that really matter.

Dick The Bruiser
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-05-2021 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Shut the fuck up.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Shut the fuck up.
    Why should he? It's an absolutely valid point. Saying "PENN" as a generality, besides being completely incorrect, is unfair to the entire institution of the University of Pennsylvania.

It's not BBB's fault that Blaze is simply ignorant of the difference....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Probably not. I just love telling copy & paste man to shit the fuck up.

As for No Neck Joe, I'm starting to believe he walk away from this clean unless a criminal charge is filed against him this week. Most likely that won't happen.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Probably not. I just love telling copy & paste man to shit the fuck up.

As for No Neck Joe, I'm starting to believe he walk away from this clean unless a criminal charge is filed against him this week. Most likely that won't happen.
    And again you focus solely on Paterno....

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    He knew...and did nothing.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Doubtless there have been instances in other universities where players themselves have either date-raped someone, drove drunk or something equally egregious and the matters have been hushed up or 'handled' within the confines of the school administration...I mean, fair enough, sodomizing little boys is about as despicable a crime as anything, but these uni athletic programs have become so central to some of these schools financially that the fear of even a whiff of a scandal makes people behave irrationally.

The sad part, beyond the awful thing Sandusky did, is that had the academic/athletic staff just done the right thing and called the police (the LOCAL police, not the campus cops) from the get-go and held a press conference, the whole matter would have been behind them by now.

The deed is terrible enough here, but the lies and covering up are, to me, equally shameful. Those who knew about it and did little more than inform their superiors within the university are accomplices to the crime in my eyes. The priorities of those who wonder what will become of the Penn athletic program as a result of this...I mean, really? The rape and sodomizing of a minor, and the complete systemic failure of how it was subsequently handled by university officials, eclipses such trivial things as 'Joe Pa's' legacy. Some clueless fuckers clearly need to get a grip re: the importance of sports vs. things that really matter.
    Ummmm.... Be sure and say Penn State. because Noooooo one would only say Penn...
    The reputation of the other college might be damaged. Lord help us, with a moment of silence, if the Pennsylvania state university's new motto went meme:
    Pennsylvania - the Pedophilia's Paradise State University.
    Last edited by Blaze; 11-13-2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: & bingo had a name.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    I wonder if they served Jesus Juice in the Penn State locker room? Here. Have this wine cooler. Oh Jesus made and drank wine and it tastes just like sweet soda pop.

44. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Blaze (11-13-2011)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He knew...and did nothing.
    And I'm not disputing that, at all. But so were other prominent people at PSU....

Thread Information