X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    The fake insiders trolls know better than to post their bullshit here. We have been smacking down horseshit rumors since 1999.
    I was passing down Orange Grove this afternoon in Pasadena, and couldn't help but notice Sammy Hagar pulling out of Roth's front gate on his fancy green Honda two-wheeler: coulda clipped him with the door when he passed on the left, but I didn't wanna scratch the door up.

Was he just there selling Dave pot?
    Was he tying up the terms for the next co-headlining tour.. you decide.

I'm just passing it on so don't shoot the messenger okay..

Comment

• ace diamond
      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by gar
      i was passing down orange grove this afternoon in pasadena, and couldn't help but notice sammy hagar pulling out of roth's front gate on his fancy green honda two-wheeler: Coulda clipped him with the door when he passed on the left, but i didn't wanna scratch the door up.

Was he just there selling dave pot?
      Was he tying up the terms for the next co-headlining tour.. You decide.

I'm just passing it on so don't shoot the messenger okay..
      bullshit
      Originally posted by hideyoursheep
      When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
      "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Some could blame all this speculative crap and a decade of false insider bullshit on bad PR... but it's not even that. The reason this continues, boils down to a simple element that challenges even the most simple minded fan of VH & Diamond Dave... How could such talented, skilled and creative human beings do virtually nothing productive for the better part of 10 years and still be considered alive.

Think about it... the rest of the world, excluding Gar, gets up every day and does something productive. Why do most want to believe every "insider" tidbit thrown out... because common sense tells us those lazy fucks must be doing something and it's just plain unnatural to fuck off for such an extended period of time.
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• mosh51501984
          Full On Cocktard
          • Nov 2010

From an industry website- First the good news-Yea, word is that they are in the final stage of mixing now. Expect CD sales exclusive to Target or Wal-Mart though, much like the AC/DC campaign in 2008.

Now the Bad... sounds like a greatest hits package- OK or a live CD is great- New Music would be the Best....
          If you have any expectations of quality or innovative new music from these guys in 2011 though.......don't. A new CD is the impetus to launch another very successful nostalgia tour and merch assault.

So only time will tell-Rhino has a new CD slated for release no more information.

Take it with a lb of salt

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mosh51501984
            From an industry website...t
            Yeah, which one and hows about a link? Otherwise you are not exactly helping matters in the credibility department.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

If I could tell you how many fucking e-mails I get every year with people that know shit.

I should start posting the shit...

On guy...back in 2002 or so...wanted me to pay a grand for the new Roth songs...

yeah...right...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                If I could tell you how many fucking e-mails I get every year with people that know shit.

I should start posting the shit...

On guy...back in 2002 or so...wanted me to pay a grand for the new Roth songs...

yeah...right...
                You were smart not paying that guy.

I can sell 'em to you for 850.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

This reminds me of that story that was reported at BLABBERMOUTH in January of 2007, which also claimed a compilation from Rhino (concentrating on the Roth era) was due for release. Here's the LINK. Sound familiar?

VAN HALEN: 'Best Of (1978-1984)' Release Date, Track Listing Revealed - Jan. 31, 2007

BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal that Rhino Records has set a March 13 release date for VAN HALEN's "Best Of (1978-1984)", the first single-disc compilation exclusively spotlighting 1978-1984, the group's original David Lee Roth era. The album, which coincides with VAN HALEN's March 2007 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, contains over an hour of remastered classics from the albums "Van Halen", "Van Halen II", "Women And Children First", "Fair Warning", "Diver Down", and "1984". Highlights include "Runnin' With The Devil", "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", and "And The Cradle Rock". Also featured are "Everybody Wants Some", "So This Is Love" and "Oh, Pretty Woman". The CD booklet will contain rarely seen photos and liner notes.

"Best Of (1978-1984)" tentative track listing:

01. Runnin' With The Devil
                  02. Eruption
                  03. You Really Got Me
                  04. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
                  05. Jamie's Cryin'
                  06. Dance The Night Away
                  07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
                  08. Beatuiful Girls
                  09. And The Cradle Will Rock
                  10. Everybody Wants Some
                  11. Mean Street
                  12. Unchained
                  13. So This Is Love?
                  14. Where Have All The Good Times Gone
                  15. Oh, Pretty Woman
                  16. Dancing In The Street
                  17. Jump
                  18. Panama
                  19. Hot For Teacher

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Yeah, I remember that album rumor... it all seemed too good to be true... oh, wait..
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vaijuju
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      This reminds me of that story that was reported at BLABBERMOUTH in January of 2007, which also claimed a compilation from Rhino (concentrating on the Roth era) was due for release. Here's the LINK. Sound familiar?

VAN HALEN: 'Best Of (1978-1984)' Release Date, Track Listing Revealed - Jan. 31, 2007

BLABBERMOUTH.NET can reveal that Rhino Records has set a March 13 release date for VAN HALEN's "Best Of (1978-1984)", the first single-disc compilation exclusively spotlighting 1978-1984, the group's original David Lee Roth era. The album, which coincides with VAN HALEN's March 2007 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, contains over an hour of remastered classics from the albums "Van Halen", "Van Halen II", "Women And Children First", "Fair Warning", "Diver Down", and "1984". Highlights include "Runnin' With The Devil", "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love", and "And The Cradle Rock". Also featured are "Everybody Wants Some", "So This Is Love" and "Oh, Pretty Woman". The CD booklet will contain rarely seen photos and liner notes.

"Best Of (1978-1984)" tentative track listing:

01. Runnin' With The Devil
                      02. Eruption
                      03. You Really Got Me
                      04. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
                      05. Jamie's Cryin'
                      06. Dance The Night Away
                      07. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
                      08. Beatuiful Girls
                      09. And The Cradle Will Rock
                      10. Everybody Wants Some
                      11. Mean Street
                      12. Unchained
                      13. So This Is Love?
                      14. Where Have All The Good Times Gone
                      15. Oh, Pretty Woman
                      16. Dancing In The Street
                      17. Jump
                      18. Panama
                      19. Hot For Teacher

then

VAN HALEN's 'Best Of' Collection Indefinitely Postponed - Feb. 22, 2007

Rhino Records has indefinitely postponed the release of VAN HALEN's "Best Of (1978-1984)", the first single-disc compilation exclusively spotlighting 1978-1984, the group's original David Lee Roth era. The album, which was originally set to coincide with VAN HALEN's March 2007 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, was supposed to contain over an hour of remastered classics from the albums "Van Halen", "Van Halen II", "Women And Children First", "Fair Warning", "Diver Down", and "1984".

The VAN HALEN reunion tour, which would have teamed the band with original frontman David Lee Roth for the first time in 22 years, was also postponed "indefinitely," according to Pollstar.com. Sources confirmed the news on Tuesday (February 20) after a number of radio stations began reporting rumors that the trek was in trouble over contractual issues. One source said that despite an announcement earlier this month by VAN HALEN's management that the tour was officially happening, a deal was reportedly never finalized between the band, Roth and the tour's promoter, Live Nation.

No dates for the tour had ever been revealed, but there were rumors that it would begin in Las Vegas in late April.

VAN HALEN will still be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 12 in New York City.
                      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        Yeah, which one and hows about a link? Otherwise you are not exactly helping matters in the credibility department.
                        Tick, tock, tick, tock....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

In 2000...we had a release sent to us, complete with the Warner Bros. heading...about a new tour with Roth, starting with an appearance at the MTV music awards. I had a friend that worked for WB distribution in Nashville who said, "Damn, that looks like the real deal."

Brownsound and hain (webbies here at the time...Brownie still is) and I thought it was the real deal...

Of course...it wasn't...

But there has been some good stuff to come down the pipe since 1996...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

But ya know, regardless of that blowhard's inability to produce a link, you have to continue to scratch your head at the publicity strategy (or lack thereof, to be more accurate) for this band....

Why keep even the broadest details so secret ? Why would you not even announce to your fans that you're working on a new album ??

What is the benefit of keeping your fans in the dark ??

There's no doubt in my mind it all points to Ed....

There's no doubt to me that he had Wolf's Facebook page removed.... Don't want any details leaked, huh Ed ?

Even the lamest bands have more than a Happy New Year greeting on their website....

Fascinating to me that the only thing coming out from the band while working on their first album with Dave at the helm in 26 years is Ed hawking shoes and T-shirts....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

The Rhino site lists a handful of Roth era VH remasters coming out (again)...which could be interpreted as some sort of activity, I guess. WARNING: The site has some sort of FLASH nonsense that bogs out your plug in if you are using Firefox. RHINO LINK

Still waiting to hear from our latest poster as to where his info came from. As VA said..."tick, tock...". Wow, I feel so enlightened.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                But ya know, regardless of that blowhard's inability to produce a link, you have to continue to scratch your head at the publicity strategy (or lack thereof, to be more accurate) for this band....

Why keep even the broadest details so secret ? Why would you not even announce to your fans that you're working on a new album ??

What is the benefit of keeping your fans in the dark ??

There's no doubt in my mind it all points to Ed....

There's no doubt to me that he had Wolf's Facebook page removed.... Don't want any details leaked, huh Ed ?

Even the lamest bands have more than a Happy New Year greeting on their website....

Fascinating to me that the only thing coming out from the band while working on their first album with Dave at the helm in 26 years is Ed hawking shoes and T-shirts....
                                C'mon...Ed feels like the world is against him...and is flat out fucking crazy...

The only thing baffling is that he's still alive...to be honest...

Comment

Working...