Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171854 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Encompassing Van Halen New Album / Interscope Thread

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    04-29-2012 @ 08:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It's been awhile since the end of '08 tour and I'm sure most of us are looking forward to hearing new VH songs, if indeed they actually exist?!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yah View Post
    It's been awhile since the end of '08 tour and I'm sure most of us are looking forward to hearing new VH songs, if indeed they actually exist?!
    I've been dying to hear more ever since Me Wise Magic came out. What a fucking great song. Proved to everyone that they could still kick ass with Roth at the helm.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (11-15-2010)

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-09-2020 @ 09:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vaijuju View Post
    Melodicrock going to do a update too.but it seems different news. Wait and see
    VAN HALEN - 2011 STILL SHAPING UP FOR A BIG YEAR:
    Let's great straight to it - it's been quiet in the Van Halen camp since a wave of expectation and excitement broke following news leaks a few months back regarding a possible new album and tour for 2011.
    The Tour: The band will tour extensively in 2011, taking in North America, likely European dates and even some Australian dates, which local newspaper the Herald Sun stated Sunday - [VH] "...are very close to confirming an Oz visit next year..."
    The line-up will remain as it was for the 2007 tour - Eddie, Alex, Wolfgang and David Lee Roth.

The New Album: Numerous reports about new music coming from the band are true. There is new music recorded with the expectation of an all-new studio album featuring David Lee Roth to be released in 2011. What is not known right now is the time frame for this.
    Here is what I was told. It seems DLR's vocals are being recorded away from the 5150 studio, with Eddie receiving various vocal tracks from the singer, but not always to the guitarist's satisfaction. I'm told that it's work in progress between Eddie and Dave.
    I also heard, but cannot confirm, that Eddie has recorded most of the bass parts for the album.

There is a deal in place between Warner Bros. and the band for a new album (as announced a few months back). However, I'm told there is a genuine fear from the label that the album may now not be ready before tour commitments begin. The album was definitely expected to be released in early 2011, but there has been so much going back and forth and re-arranging, so if the recordings are not turned in by early 2011, the label have developed a contingency plan.
    That is preparing re-masters of the Sammy Hagar era catalogue (curious decision perhaps, but the only albums left to do), as well as preparing Blue-Ray releases of Live Without a Net and Live Right Here Right Now so at least there is something on the market when the band tours.
    Additionally they are preparing limited edition Vinyl releases, which have just appeared on the Rhino/Warner schedule. 1984, Women And Children First and Van Halen II will be released on LP December 13.

And to close - the band apparently tested a few different producers, but the man at the helm for this album is one Ross Hogarth. Go look him up. His website makes no mention of any work with Van Halen, but in July he did make one reference to a new record he was starting. He stated: "The record I just started ROCKS!!! [it] will be amazing...that is all I will say..."

Stay tuned as always...more soon.

http://www.melodicrock.com/

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    the man at the helm for this album is one Ross Hogarth
    Never heard of him!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    Never heard of him!
    it seems that he worked with Ratt, Cheap Trick, and Dio. . he worked with Templeman on the last doobies record. (i read this on vhlinks)

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    http://www.hoaxproductions.com/gallery/

Hmm, this is weird.. he knows alot of people I know! And he's got alot of awards on his walls, too.. like me!

I like this guy already.

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2017 @ 06:48 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Andrew @ Melodicrock Reports This:

Let's great straight to it - it's been quiet in the Van Halen camp since a wave of expectation and excitement broke following news leaks a few months back regarding a possible new album and tour for 2011.
    The Tour: The band will tour extensively in 2011, taking in North America, likely European dates and even some Australian dates, which local newspaper the Herald Sun stated Sunday - [VH] "...are very close to confirming an Oz visit next year..."
    The line-up will remain as it was for the 2007 tour - Eddie, Alex, Wolfgang and David Lee Roth.

The New Album: Numerous reports about new music coming from the band are true. There is new music recorded with the expectation of an all-new studio album featuring David Lee Roth to be released in 2011. What is not known right now is the time frame for this.
    Here is what I was told. It seems DLR's vocals are being recorded away from the 5150 studio, with Eddie receiving various vocal tracks from the singer, but not always to the guitarist's satisfaction. I'm told that it's work in progress between Eddie and Dave.
    I also heard, but cannot confirm, that Eddie has recorded most of the bass parts for the album.

There is a deal in place between Warner Bros. and the band for a new album (as announced a few months back). However, I'm told there is a genuine fear from the label that the album may now not be ready before tour commitments begin. The album was definitely expected to be released in early 2011, but there has been so much going back and forth and re-arranging, so if the recordings are not turned in by early 2011, the label have developed a contingency plan.
    That is preparing re-masters of the Sammy Hagar era catalogue (curious decision perhaps, but the only albums left to do), as well as preparing Blue-Ray releases of Live Without a Net and Live Right Here Right Now so at least there is something on the market when the band tours.
    Additionally they are preparing limited edition Vinyl releases, which have just appeared on the Rhino/Warner schedule. 1984, Women And Children First and Van Halen II will be released on LP December 13.

And to close - the band apparently tested a few different producers, but the man at the helm for this album is one Ross Hogarth. Go look him up. His website makes no mention of any work with Van Halen, but in July he did make one reference to a new record he was starting. He stated: "The record I just started ROCKS!!! [it] will be amazing...that is all I will say..."

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Threads merged....

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Cool

As usual, the clue-free nitwit at Melodicrock has misinterpreted the info he has stumbled across. He claims the VH record is being produced by Ross Hogarth, yet fails to even bother to read Hogarth's website, which he mentions in his "article". If he had, he would realize that Hogarth is not a producer, yet an engineer. This is given away by the fact that the Doobie Brothers album the guy "worked on" was in fact produced by Ted Templeman. Now, by simply connecting the dots, doesn't the story seem more interesting?

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Melodicrock reports

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How many times do you feel it necessary to post this same shit? Wasn't having it moved once enough for you?

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...=1#post1501088

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Well...we all know what we think about CROCK...but...since it's up here...

Not much about Hogarth...looks like he's produced Ziggy Marley...and there's some stuff up about him working with the Doobie Brothers...

There's seems to be a circle of untruth to that...like someone thought, well...Templeman worked with the Doobies...let's create a new lie with the new Doobie guy...

Of course, I could see spED thinking that way as well..."Let me call Michael McDonald, and see who's producing for the Doobies." Does he have time though...between all that fucking bass playing he's doing...jesus christ...

Okay...back on the CROCK now...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We can send a email to Ross Hogarth
    http://www.hoaxproductions.com/contact/

Are you working with Van Halen ?
    Last edited by vaijuju; 11-16-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Merged again. Listen...mh5150...thanks for the info for the third time...one more..and you're voted off the island...we get the point!!!!

As to e-mailing the guy...not a bad idea...I'm sure that his e-mail inbox is already full though...so why add to the pile. I'm sure we'll have enough fake replies in the next month to last a lifetime...or another 25 years.

Roth recording from a distance doesn't scare me at all...by the way. To be honest...it sounds like status quo for spEDward...

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Okay.

The only thing that makes ZERO sense is for WB to re-release Van Hagar material on CD or Blu-Ray when the band that is prepping to tour is with Dave -- not Sambo.

Why promote the band that is NOT touring or recording a new album?

A better thing for WB to do is to release a classic live VH CD/Blu-Ray -- instead of anything related to Van Hagar.

That portion of Andrew's news is BS.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We can send a email to Ross Hogarth
    http://www.hoaxproductions.com/contact/

Are you working with Van Halen ?
    Yeah, that's probably just what the guy needs...twits like yourself spreading his email address to every VH related sight you can find. Nice job.

18. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (11-16-2010)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Okay.

The only thing that makes ZERO sense is for WB to re-release Van Hagar material on CD or Blu-Ray when the band that is prepping to tour is with Dave -- not Sambo.

A better thing for WB to do is to release a classic live VH CD/Blu-Ray -- instead of anything related to Van Hagar.

FUCKIN' A...IT'S VINNIE FUCKING VELVET!!!!

Good to see you bro...hope life is treating you well. The Army could use a continued dose of some VV-power...

As to what makes sense and what doesn't...shit Vin...

Over the past 25 years...has anything this band...or their label done...made any sense at all?

Christ...if you want a definitive list of WHAT NOT TO DO as a label...with a band...this would be it...

Talk about the utter destruction of a cash cow...

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    FUCKIN' A...IT'S VINNIE FUCKING VELVET!!!!

Good to see you bro...hope life is treating you well. The Army could use a continued dose of some VV-power...

As to what makes sense and what doesn't...shit Vin...

Over the past 25 years...has anything this band...or their label done...made any sense at all?

Christ...if you want a definitive list of WHAT NOT TO DO as a label...with a band...this would be it...

Talk about the utter destruction of a cash cow...
    Brother, its been a long time. Doing good.

I see nothing has changed as far as VH goes.

I understand that nothing VH/WB have done has ever made sense but just look back to the 07-08 tour. It was about the original six pack -- not Van Hagar. So a new album and tour with Dave again would/should only be promoted. Not that shitty pop band featuring that poodle-haired fuck.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Okay.

Well, Andrew made his Van Hagar preference obvious years ago, so it's not surprising he would work a Sammy plug in there somehow. After the fiasco of "Upchuck Your Breakfast" and the other two abortions from the Van Hagar Velveetapalooza 2004 compilation, it's hard to believe Warner Brothers would risk money on Van Hagar remasters which are likely to collect dust in the WB/Rhino warehouses.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,397 Times in 6,054 Posts

I do think the chance of dates in Europe and maybe Australia is plausible this time around as this whole thing is about Eddie and his son so it makes a bit of sense if he shows him a bit of the world. Plus he still hasn't seen much of it sober himself yet.

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Releasing the Van Hagar garbage on blu-ray?? That makes no sense at all... even by Ed standards... he'd have to pay out to 2 guys that he's not talking to... never!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-19-2019 @ 10:38 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The part that makes the most sense to me is Dave and Edward being a work in progress. I have to believe, if they have indeed been working on a new album and plan on touring in 2011, the album will be done in time for a late spring release to coincide with a tour. However this is Van Halen.

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You Asswipes should let people know when you move their post.
    Then maybe just maybe it would not have been reposted!!
    :tongue0011::tongue0011:

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This Just In

According to Melodicrock.com, VAN HALEN's long-awaited new studio album is being produced by Ross Hogarth, who has previously worked with MÖTLEY CRÜE, COAL CHAMBER, FASTER PUSSYCAT and DEVILDRIVER, among others. Hogarth wrote in an early July online posting, "The record I just started ROCKS!!! [It] will be amazing... That is all I will say..."

Music publishing company Warner/Chappell Music announced in August that it had extended its publishing administration contract with guitarist Eddie Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen, noting that the band "is currently in the studio recording an album with (singer David Lee) Roth that is due for release in 2011."

Meanwhile, according to Billboard.com, VAN HALEN manager Irving Azoff, who is also the executive chairman of Live Nation, mentioned on two separate conference calls that VAN HALEN was expected to hit the road next year, presumably in support of a new record.

Word of a new VAN HALEN album, the band's first with original vocalist David Lee Roth on the mic since 1983, first began circulating in late June when MelodicRock.com reported from an unnamed source that the project was halfway completed.

VAN HALEN spokesperson Janie Van Halen, Eddie's wife, denied the rumors, telling Rolling Stone, "I don't have any updates at this time."

Eddie himself told Rolling Stone last year that he was working on material for a new record, but was waiting for his hand to heal from surgery and for his son and bassist Wolfgang to graduate from high school.

A new VAN HALEN record would be the band's first full studio effort since 1998's "Van Halen III", which featured Gary Cherone on lead vocals.

VAN HALEN's 2008 reunion tour with Roth grossed more than $93 million and drew nearly one million fans to 74 shows.

27. Thanked Jagermeister for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (11-16-2010)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Well, Andrew made his Van Hagar preference obvious years ago, so it's not surprising he would work a Sammy plug in there somehow. After the fiasco of "Upchuck Your Breakfast" and the other two abortions from the Van Hagar Velveetapalooza 2004 compilation, it's hard to believe Warner Brothers would risk money on Van Hagar remasters which are likely to collect dust in the WB/Rhino warehouses.
    I agree.

I remember Andrew wetting his AOR underoos when the Van Hagar reunion happened in 04.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Releasing the Van Hagar garbage on blu-ray?? That makes no sense at all... even by Ed standards... he'd have to pay out to 2 guys that he's not talking to... never!
    Good point. I can't see Eddie wanting to put any money in Sam or Mike's pockets. And on the other hand, Dave obviously wouldn't make a dime from that shit, so he wouldn't be happy about it either.

Next thing you know, Andrew will be telling us about the new 24 bit Deluxe Edition VDIII remaster featuring the bonus hip hop remix of "How Many Say I"

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Can someone add the melodicrock update on the title of the topic please?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mh5150 View Post
    Well, with morons such as yourself, vaijuju, and basstar66 spamming the place repeatedly with the same information that was posted hours (or in some cases days) before, the task gets old quickly. It isn't the moderator's fault you happen to be too clueless to use the search function, let alone attempt to read the site to see if what you are posting is old news.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mh5150 View Post
    You asswipes should try reading the threads that are stickied on top of the forum for a reason.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Can someone add the melodicrock update on the title of the topic please?
    Done.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Well, with morons such as yourself, vaijuju, and basstar66 spamming the place repeatedly with the same information that was posted hours (or in some cases days) before, the task gets old quickly. It isn't the moderator's fault you happen to be too clueless to use the search function, let alone attempt to read the site to see if what you are posting is old news.
    I know how the guy feels. Sometimes I find something and I think it's new and can't wait to post it only to find out I was beatin to the punch. It's a real downer.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

I'll tell ya one thing for sure: This will NOT turn into "How Andrew Turns From Tasmania" thread.....

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-14-2013 @ 06:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

lol , i just started a new thread about ross and didnt know threads were merged either , glad to see i wasnt the only one .... anyhow looking forward to new material !!!!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You' re not fine with me ..In the seventh posts on this topic, i said that melodicrock 'll an update soon with some differences to vh1 classic

How many topic did i start since 2008? sure less 10 (damn i'm wrong 21 ... sorry )
    Last edited by vaijuju; 11-16-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You' re not fine with me ..In the seventh posts on this topic, i said that melodicrock 'll an update soon with some differences to vh1 classic
    You are also the same halfwit that thought it a good idea to spread the so-called producer's email address to at least two Van Halen sites. And when you aren't running between the sites quoting other people's posts like some sort of self-appointed VH gadfly, you are getting defensive when your own childish behavior is pointed out to you. Shut up already.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

He's French - he'll surrender soon.

41. 5 users say thank you to Guitar Shark for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (11-16-2010),jhale667 (11-16-2010),PETE'S BROTHER (11-16-2010),ThrillsNSpills (11-16-2010),ZahZoo (11-18-2010)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I'll tell ya one thing for sure: This will NOT turn into "How Andrew Turns From Tasmania" thread.....

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

to at least two Van Halen sites.
    who wastes their time on a van halen website? let alone two or more.
    Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 11-16-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: frogs

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    who wastes their time on a van halen website?
    Certainly not members of the band.

Thread Information