Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181955 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Encompassing Van Halen New Album / Interscope Thread

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    You are also the same halfwit that thought it a good idea to spread the so-called producer's email address to at least two Van Halen sites. And when you aren't running between the sites quoting other people's posts like some sort of self-appointed VH gadfly, you are getting defensive when your own childish behavior is pointed out to you. Shut up already.
    I'm not sure to understand all that you say.I don't undersand why we are waiting, waiting ..why not for example try something like send an email to the producer ross hogarth. (i sent him an email), alone we can do anything.But now it's clear i did wrong with my behaviour.I remembered when dlyle met David Lee Roth it was a thread on a fan intoduction.I was chocket and i wrote why it wasn't on main board, it was a rare news and i put this news on others site, forums but i always said that it was taken from rotharmy.Anyway i'll try to do different now.
    Last edited by vaijuju; 11-16-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vaijuju View Post
    I'm not sure to understand all that you say.I don't undersand why we are waiting, waiting ..why not for example try something like send an email to the producer ross hogarth. (i sent him an email), alone we can do anything.But now it's clear i did wrong with my behaviour.I remembered when kyle met David Lee Roth it was a thread on a fan intoduction.I was chocket and i wrote why it wasn't on main board, it was a rare news and i put this news on others site, forums but i always said that it was taken from rotharmy.Anyway i'll try to do different now.
    Translation: "I surrender"
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Holy shit Frenchy. If I were you I would tell these guys to fuck off....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    who wastes their time on a van halen website?
    I've asked myself that for 10 years now....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    Translation: "I surrender"
    You sure? How can you tell?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    People need to fucking relax...

and stay on topic...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Holy shit Frenchy. If I were you I would tell these guys to fuck off....
    I've just say one thing and i'll shut up! I remembered the same things in the begenning on diamonddavidleeroth.com Now i don't wake up the war against french (too easy )
    Last edited by vaijuju; 11-16-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    He's French - he'll surrender soon.
    although...that is pretty fucking funny...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think we can agree that Van Halen is working on something with Roth. I am sure we will hear more soon.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think we can agree that Van Halen is working on something with Roth. I am sure we will hear more soon.
    Hey, are you an insider ??

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    No, but he plays one on tv. Or maybe that was Marcus Welby. Christ, I lose track sometimes...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    One of those greasers from the movie. No I never had greasy hair.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hard rock legends Van Halen are hard at work on a new album with original vocalist David Lee Roth, according to a statement made late last week BY ITS MUSIC PUBLISHERS. Various reports also suggest the group will hit the road upon the LP's completion sometime next year.

"The band is currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011," read an announcement by Warner/Chappell, which announced the Van Halen camp had renewed its longstanding deal. The album with Roth would mark the first time the singer has appeared on a full album of new music with the group since '1984' was released more than a quarter century ago.
    Billboard also revealed that Live Nation Promotions Executive Irving Azoff -- who serves as the band's manager -- spoke of the 2011 tour during a conference about concert industry earnings on Aug. 5.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok totally off topic again but what the hell.

So my buddy and I took his son hunting in Zah's home state this past weekend. The kid is funny as hell and was asking us what a Hillbilly was. So we were joking around about at the store while my buddy was inside. I look inside the store and this old guy is standing at the counter. Looked like a hobo wearing camo. So I tell the kid that looks like a Hilllbilly. We laugh about it. As we are leaving I ask my buddy what the Hillbilly was saying and as we drive off we see the guy has on a white shirt, a camo jacket, lol camo short and a pair of white sneakers with white socks pulled all the way up to his knees. LMAO yup that's a Hillbilly right there. As we are all laughing our ass off I ask my buddy what the guy was saying in the store. He said he missed most of the conversation but the guy wanted a bag of Red Man and two corn dogs.
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 11-16-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed (on the press conference): "this is a whole new band..."

that works in different studios sending tapes back and forth...yeah...great vibes, I guess...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If any you fat old poofs sign on next year with your fuckin' WHOREGASM reports of viewing Wolfie's neatly-boxed coif mopping the disconnected backup mic, I get to give that offender a 40-yd running smash in the eNuts with my eDocMartens.

Deal? Shut the fuck up, all of you, about juicin' yer jellies over possibly attending 75% of Van Halen: we're still down a vocalist.. but thank G-d we're also down one androgynous Capris-wearing MESS... I really do not want to see or hear about your swooning.

Besides that, the price is too much, for too little to call itself "van" = anything. Like the Sam n Dave tour, this one should be called "Dave Al Ed and Sons Plumbing and Company" because you are ALL getting The Ream and is all your own fault for going. Nobody's putting a gun to your head: you should all be talking BOYCOTT
    Last edited by GAR; 11-17-2010 at 03:24 AM.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post

that works in different studios sending tapes back and forth...yeah...great vibes, I guess...

Yeah...that really is lame. Just shows you how volatile this whole reunion with Dave is. They see each other for 2 hours onstage...and thats it. Everything else goes through their people. And that 2 hours onstage they aren't really hanging out together. Dave is doing his thing, Eddie his. Oh well. I'll take it. Compared to the other forms of VH we have been served, anything with Dave is welcomed.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post

The cynicism is definitely understandable, Natra.

But the thing to remember is that (with the exception of Wolftwinkie) these are guys well into middle age who all have very different lifestyles and interests.

The notion of a "band" that lives together, eats together, parties together, and are "bestest friends" is a concept that is reserved for the young guns just starting out.

Once a band gets to VH's level, they don't need (or probably want) that level of camaraderie anymore.

It would be nice to imagine 2011 VH being like the halcyon days of the 70's and early 80's when they were the "4 Musketeers" and it was "all for one and one for all", but it's just not realistic.

The closest thing I saw to that recently was a TV special on Rush where the band was out to dinner together, and it didn't seem "forced" or staged. It was nice to see, but it defintely felt more like the exception than the rule.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course there is a difference between having separate lives and interests and "phoning it in" when it comes to the band.

If that is what is happening, then this next album is probably fucking doomed....

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Its not uncommon for band members to record their parts separtely and not even in the same state/city.

If that's what it will take to get an album done, so be it.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Its not uncommon for band members to record their parts separtely and not even in the same state/city.

Agreed...

I imagine that doing it that way takes a bit of the rawness out of creating a disc..as VH did in the early days...when they recorded their albums like concerts...

but...

we all know Classic Van Halen has been dead for a long time...long live CVH...

This is the Frank Sinatra version...and there's nothing wrong with Frank Sinatra. I like Frank Sinatra...listen to Frank Sinatra....but...Frank Sinatra isn't Van Halen.

I'm looking forward to new Roth material...with the Van Halens backing him up....

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If the new songs sound anything like Slam Dunk, Thug Pop, little Texas or Indeedido, the new album should be very good.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Agreed...

I imagine that doing it that way takes a bit of the rawness out of creating a disc..as VH did in the early days...when they recorded their albums like concerts...

but...

we all know Classic Van Halen has been dead for a long time...long live CVH...

This is the Frank Sinatra version...and there's nothing wrong with Frank Sinatra. I like Frank Sinatra...listen to Frank Sinatra....but...Frank Sinatra isn't Van Halen.

I'm looking forward to new Roth material...with the Van Halens backing him up....
    Amen, brother.

New Roth material. OH HELL YEAH. Let's hope Ed and Al don't dictate to Dave on what things he should write about in lyrics (like in 1996).

Shut up and play yer guitar, Ed and tell your brother to just shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by Vinnie Velvet; 11-17-2010 at 01:30 PM.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The whole MWM/CGTSNM was a complete clusterfuck....

The entire production was obviously rushed....

DLR almost strained to hit some notes, it was almost embarrassing..... I don't understand how you could arrange a song where you have the singer basically singing out of his natural range....

Plus, the basic riffs of the song were completely Junior Varsity.... I would understand that sort of elementary riff from a band nowadays, not Van Halen....

So in that aspect, they had better get back to their roots....

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The whole MWM/CGTSNM was a complete clusterfuck....

The entire production was obviously rushed....

DLR almost strained to hit some notes, it was almost embarrassing..... I don't understand how you could arrange a song where you have the singer basically singing out of his natural range....

Plus, the basic riffs of the song were completely Junior Varsity.... I would understand that sort of elementary riff from a band nowadays, not Van Halen....

So in that aspect, they had better get back to their roots....
    Indeed, it makes a bit more sense to play to the singer's strengths, rather than force a display of his weaknesses. Look at AC/DC (OK, I'm aware the music isn't even in the same ballpark, construction-wise). Brian Johnson effectively lost most of his voice what...some 15-17 years ago? Since then, aside from the clueless Rick Rubin with the ghastly recorded Ballbreaker album, the band's producers have been sympathetic to Johnson's decaying abilities. Hell, he openly admitted that during the sessions for Black Ice, he was only up to cutting 2, perhaps 3 recorded performances in a day. Still, even at that rate, the album came out apparently quite well, as it's blockbuster sales revealed a short while later.

About the last thing anyone wants to hear now is a pitch-corrected David Lee Roth straining against tunes that are woefully out of his range. But if Edward Van Halen really is playing all of the bass parts himself, this and the reported outside recorded vocals of Roth just may signal disaster. EVH has proven repeatedly that he has little (if any) feel for the instrument, and his playing has shown haste and little development for it's place within his music. So if Ed is patching together an approximation of a Van Halen album, much like he delivered an approximation of the actual band in 2007-08, it would probably be advisable for fans not to set their hopes so high.

And believe me, I'll be more than happy to eat my words if the result should turn out stellar. Yet at this point, given what little evidence and innuendo is available, I'm not expecting much.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What if this album comes out and it does suck.

Or worse yet what if it's like Chinese Democracy and takes 10 years to complete.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    wait for #2 out of ten in the can?
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What if this album comes out and it does suck.

Impossible with David Lee Roth

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    wait for #2 out of ten in the can?
    we could probably get a group rate on renting a wheelchair/handicapped accessible bus......

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    outta thanks

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He hasn't made a really good record since 1984. Anything is possible. I hope they don't have any of the ever popular "cross over" tunes. You know like a song that makes it big on the country charts or some shit. I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. Or worse yet what if they end up on an episode of Glee? Oh the horror..

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Question Wonder what the process will be...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post

That's pretty much the way most bands do it these days, UNLESS it's a scenario where they're doing live rhythm tracks (even if they're only keeping the bass and drums) with all the band playing in one room for the overall vibe; but with Pro Tools and cutting and pasting as prevalent as it is these days, people trade tracks back and forth like that all the time...everyone in the band keeps their own hours, does it when they feel inspired rather than being "on the clock" in a commercial studio...saves production $$

Of course it also makes it WAY easier to procrastinate without an actual "Producer" standing there cracking the whip, as it were... but I can only think of ONE band of that era that has insisted on doing the "Everyone in a room, 1-take, minimal overdub" approach to specifically NOT sound like every contemporary album done in Pro Tools in recent years...I'd kinda like to see VH take the old-school approach to, but wonder how likely it is...probably also depends on the producer (if any)...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hasn't making digital copies of music killed off the record industry? I keep hearing there is no money in selling recorded music anymore so the money is in touring.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    That's pretty much the way most bands do it these days, UNLESS it's a scenario where they're doing live rhythm tracks (even if they're only keeping the bass and drums) with all the band playing in one room for the overall vibe; but with Pro Tools and cutting and pasting as prevalent as it is these days, people trade tracks back and forth like that all the time...everyone in the band keeps their own hours, does it when they feel inspired rather than being "on the clock" in a commercial studio...saves production $$

Of course it also makes it WAY easier to procrastinate without an actual "Producer" standing there cracking the whip, as it were... but I can only think of ONE band of that era that has insisted on doing the "Everyone in a room, 1-take, minimal overdub" approach to specifically NOT sound like every contemporary album done in Pro Tools in recent years...I'd kinda like to see VH take the old-school approach to, but wonder how likely it is...probably also depends on the producer (if any)...
    I bet they ram it through becasue Ed will want Dave out of his fucking studio. Dave might try to screw his old lady.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Then you must be one of those people that actually think that MWM/CGTSNM are good songs....

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Then you must be one of those people that actually think that MWM/CGTSNM are good songs....
    Depends on your definition of "good songs".

As good as anything on the first four albums? Probably not.

As good as "Jump", "I'll Wait" or "Dancing In The Streets" ? Possibly.

Better than anything Van Hagar ever recorded? Definitely.

Having said that, they were definitely a "rush job" and Dave wasn't allowed to properly get his vocal cords in shape. Had there been a complete Van HALEN album in 1997 or 1998, it would have been much better results. Indeed, the DLR band album has much better vocal performances, despite the lack of production. And the 2003 "Diamond Dave" album is 90% covers, but Dave sings great on all of them.

This being the case, I'm optimistic about the fact that it has taken almost 4 years for the "reunited" Van Halen to make a record, because history indicates that should favor Dave's performance.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He hasn't made a really good record since 1984. Anything is possible. I hope they don't have any of the ever popular "cross over" tunes. You know like a song that makes it big on the country charts or some shit. I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. Or worse yet what if they end up on an episode of Glee? Oh the horror..
    EATS, Skyscraper, ALAE, DLR band count for me better than many others records that i've

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    EATS, Skyscraper, ALAE, DLR band count for me better than many others records that i've
    I can only recall a hand full of songs I liked off those. Yankee Rose. Goin Crazy. Just Like Paradise. What was the other tobacco road maybe. Solo was a nogo for me but I can't say I blame anyone for liking that stuff.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    MWM : i like the verses but the chorus doesn't sounds "style DLR "for me.CGTSNM under mix dave's voice but it wasn't the best dave in these time.Anyway , I can't really love these 2 songs , it was some hopes before disappoinment

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Hasn't making digital copies of music killed off the record industry? I keep hearing there is no money in selling recorded music anymore so the money is in touring.
    They still need new material to tour behind whether they sell any records or not...otherwise it's another nostalgia tour.

Thread Information