X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
    Yeah, but for your tour to be a financial success people have to have heard of you...which usually means you need to have had a song or album that charted, which means enough people would have had to buy it legitimately.

Although, I think there's actually more money in merchandising and publishing than touring. Dunno if someone could answer that one...?
    A notion completely contradicted by this study: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...e-Record-Sales

Comment

• Blaze
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
      I just might.
      Look see! You got your boots!. OMGosh, though, did you have to walk on something other than carpet???
      Cool boots no matter.
      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
      sigpic

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        A notion completely contradicted by this study: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...e-Record-Sales
        I could easily find a study that contradicts that. Possibly even one that was written less than 7 years ago. That's the great thing about studies, nobody knows what the fuck they're doing.

Just finding a correlation doesn't prove anything. All that study proves to me is that the Top 25 albums are the most popular albums. Which I could find out by looking at the charts. Furthermore, that study requires us to believe that human beings are trustworthy and honest, and I sure as hell am not prepared to believe that.
        Last edited by Shaun Ponsonby; 11-22-2011, 10:06 AM.
        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
          I could easily find a study that contradicts that. Possibly even one that was written less than 7 years ago.
          I'm sure you could pull one out of some record exec's bleeding asshole...

That's the great thing about studies, nobody knows what the fuck they're doing.
          A rather arrogant thing to say coming from a guy who just flamed someone here for being "uniformed?" So, how does one inform themselves in your little world? Believing fucking Pete Townsend speeches? Is that the basis of your opinion, how some relic feels about it?

Just finding a correlation doesn't prove anything....
          Neither do Pete Townsend speeches...

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

relic, that's rich! lol
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Blaze
              relic, that's rich! lol
              `data`

Name: Rich's Rods & Relics
              Street:
              Myrtle Creek, or 97457-
              Phone: (541) 863-7908
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

ha! ~ oops ~
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Blaze
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Rods and relics! That's a combo!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    I'm sure you could pull one out of some record exec's bleeding asshole...

A rather arrogant thing to say coming from a guy who just flamed someone here for being "uniformed?" So, how does one inform themselves in your little world? Believing fucking Pete Townsend speeches? Is that the basis of your opinion, how some relic feels about it?

Neither do Pete Townsend speeches...
                    I never claimed anything I said to be fact.

I'm just looking for a healthy discussion. I'm not being arrogant, just adding different sides to the argument, rather than resorting to cheap tactics...like insinuating that people get their stats and info from a single source. But I WILL apologise for not being as childish as some of the forty-somethings on here for calling people names and providing no interesting points and shit.

You seem to think that Pete Townshend is the only person I get my info and stats from. No. He's just one of the highest profiles (and one of the most experienced in the industry...especially much more so than you or I)...like when he was arrested under Operation Ore, which a lot of people couldn't be arsed researching properly, preferring to believe the mainstream press.

I achieved my degree fairly recently (media & radio). If I went to my academic "superiors" with a study that was 7 years out of date for a subject that was as fast moving as technology...I would be laughed out of there and told to find more up-to-date studies. Show me a study that is more recent that shows the same conclusions and I will gladly say "fair fucks"...though, despite that, I could still easily find a study that says the opposite. Governments do it all the time to support their more unpopular policies.

Funny how you didn't find an interesting argument/point against the points I argued against in your arguments (that's a lot of "arguments" in one sentence), isn't it? All that study you posted really proves is that the top 25 albums are the top 25 albums. Take everything that was concrete in that article out of context...and that is all we know for sure...
                    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                      You Jimmy Chu girl you
                      I think it's Choo, Jimmy Choo. And I'd would never wear his overpriced crap. Renzi, L&R or Prada is the way to go (Fyre in the wintertime).

As for Townshend, he is and always has been an media whore. How many times did he say "This is the last tour of The Who" since 1978? Nowadays he is a deaf babbling buffoon. Hardly one would consider a "source" for well, much of anything. His music insight lately is about as blind as a bat on a telephone poll in a blizzard. Now, if he can only be mute...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
                        I think it's Choo, Jimmy Choo. And I'd would never wear his overpriced crap. Renzi, L&R or Prada is the way to go (Fyre in the wintertime).
                        But you're wearing them in your avatar!

I was doing a dog parody of stores and his line became "Jimmy Chew"

Oh dear.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

It should be Jimmy Chit

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Pls explain. Chit for money perhaps? I know I'm no fun when I don't get the joke.

Oh dear.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Joe Thunder Posse sez: "Yo, go ahead and pirate our shit. At least that way we know someone's listening to it!"

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                                Pls explain. Chit for money perhaps? I know I'm no fun when I don't get the joke.
                                I just think his shoes are overpriced and awful - crap for smug celebrities on red carpets

Comment

Working...