Thread: so, our new insurance was offered today

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

so, our new insurance was offered today

cigna epo. $190/week for me and the bride, or $80/week for yo solo. jayzuz h! between insurance and the mortgage, two weeks per month are ggggggggggone.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No shit man... things are so fucking expensive! When we got our new insurance it came with an insane deductible - something like 3500, so we got gap insurance to cover that... so now I'm paying 2 goddamn insurance companies!

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So, ahh what are you saying..? there is like the story of this guy and his wife go to buy a new car and the salesman has the wife and husband at the table for final negotiations on the extras provided and the salesman says, -the car comes with a drivers side airbag, the passenger side air bag is extra- ,,,,the husband leans into the table and looks across at the salesman and whispers ...-how much extra-....lol.

It was a five windowed cartoon in Playboy many years back..lol.

PB, I was paying 150.00 a month back in 88 for single full coverage med and dental that was my cost to continue inbetween jobs...so your price is probably allright..??

I don't really know much about company ins policies as of late..?
    2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
    clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Really sorry to hear that Pete's. That is horrible. Having medical care should be a basic utility.
    I know I would not wish my path on anyone, and I'll never have an insurance company touch me, but I know I'll always have medical care, now.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Really sorry to hear that Pete's. That is horrible. Having medical care should be a basic utility.
    I know I would not wish my path on anyone, and I'll never have an insurance company touch me, but I know I'll always have medical care, now.
    You know the insurance companies were the ones who wrote the health care bill don't you? Why do you think healthcare has just gotten even more expensive since it passed? Also, if you are a private payer some services now drop you.

We probably will have an Occupy Healthcare movement in a little bit. It will only get more expensive and what you get for your money will be less. The government didn't fix a damn thing. They made a bad situation worse.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-23-2011 at 08:12 PM.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you are employed with a company I suppose things are more affordable . I am no expert.

I do know that you can form a group with friends and get a discount rate with some companies like your own select group of medical and dental.

I also know you can set asside within the bank you use several different style accounts catastofic,sp.. dental, ( like a money market that has no penalty for periodic withdrawl) interest bearing accounts for use in the time of need.

There are options available.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If your company gets an exemption. Like McDonald's got. Some companies will get a free ride and others won't. Small businesses will be ran out of business. The politicians are already using the healthcare plan as a way to reward their corporate friends and hurt their enemies. Then they will start rationing care because frankly, when they were so busy ramming the thing into law, they really didn't think about how they were going to finance the monstrosity. Canada is cutting back on their care.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    cigna epo. $190/week for me and the bride, or $80/week for yo solo. jayzuz h! between insurance and the mortgage, two weeks per month are ggggggggggone.
    That is absolutely fucking ridiculous, and with this new "Affordable" Health Care Act going into effect, people are going to be forced to buy this outrageously priced insurance.

They call it the "Affordable" Health Care Act, but my question is what are they calling affordable? Affordable has a bit different of a meaning to millionaires than it does your common, everyday folks that work for a living and are living paycheck to paycheck. Fuck it, they'll just have to haul my ass to the gulag cause my poor cracker ass can't afford that shit, if it's priced anywhere near what Bro is paying for his insurance.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    That is absolutely fucking ridiculous, and with this new "Affordable" Health Care Act going into effect, people are going to be forced to buy this outrageously priced insurance.

They call it the "Affordable" Health Care Act, but my question is what are they calling affordable? Affordable has a bit different of a meaning to millionaires than it does your common, everyday folks that work for a living and are living paycheck to paycheck. Fuck it, they'll just have to haul my ass to the gulag cause my poor cracker ass can't afford that shit, if it's priced anywhere near what Bro is paying for his insurance.
    I don't think anyone is going to be buying any. Soon enough people will wake up and realize they got snookered and they will be mad as hell. It's just another tax administered by the IRS.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I don't think anyone is going to be buying any. Soon enough people will wake up and realize they got snookered and they will be mad as hell. It's just another tax administered by the IRS.
    No, in the reasonable world the prices will be adjustable to fit. Health care is needed to keep workers healthy enough to work.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    You're naive.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I work in health insurance administration and my company vehemently opposed Obama's "healthcare reform" law before it was rammed down the country's throat. God only knows how much money my company spent lobbying against the damn thing.

But I have to agree with all of you that health insurance costs too much. I pay a fortune to cover me and my daughter, and I work for MY health insurance company! We have a high deductible and everything except for an office visit is subject to the deductible. And we have a high out-of-pocket. So what that means is I pay a ton for coverage and then I STILL wind up paying for nearly all of our medical care myself. Of course, there is the safety net that my major medical policy provides - that we'd be covered if there was a catastrophic illness or injury. But for the most part I pay for everything out of my pocket. And Obama's "healthcare reform" did absolutely jack shit to either lower my insurance premium cost OR reduce my out-of-pocket.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just one more thing - a real world example of the high cost of healthcare. Two days ago I got my EOB from where my 11 year old daughter had her yearly physical last month. For my 11 year old to have a "check-up" the total cost was $1040.18!!!!!!!!!! Over a thousand bucks!!! She had an office visit which lasted about 30 minutes, two immunizations, a finger prick for blood and a urinalysis. Keep in mind that the labs, which were performed in the office, were what are called 100% automated labs - the sample goes in the machine and the machine spits out the results. Period. You don't have to pay someone to interpret the results like you do an xray because the machine automatically gives you the results. A thousand bucks.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There's nothing affordable about affordable health care; insurance is bullshit.

You MIGHT be better off paying out of pocket for a plan through a site like eHealthinsurance.com - which is what I did after my (former, scam-for-profit charity) company told us the rates would end up costing $700/month for full family coverage and a $12,500 ded while the CEO/COO simply billed the company for all of their expenses. I've currently got fully family thorugh cigna ppo for $398/month

The only time insurance ever came in handy was for my wife's pregnancy. At the time she had an aetna plan and it covered everything through delivery. She paid $500 after all was said and done. If you plan on having a baby, make sure you have full coverage for that shit, otherwise you'll be paying thousands on top of the insurance costs!

Thread Information