Rolling Stone can lick a sack.
    Everybody shout, "Heavy metal's back!"

Death to all but metal!
    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• Heater
      Foot Soldier
      • Nov 2010

JUMP? come on! that song has to be one of their lamest songs, that and I'll Wait. Seems like Dave steered the ship toward keyboard milquetoast before he left for his movie career. Who is Bert Michaels?

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Heater
        DREAMS? What kind of a lame pickle-sniffer what vote for that tripe? Right Now? How many people in trailer parks have interweb access?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Heater
          JUMP? come on! that song has to be one of their lamest songs, that and I'll Wait. Seems like Dave steered the ship toward keyboard milquetoast before he left for his movie career. Who is Bert Michaels?
          I believe this is the first time I've ever agreed with you on something....

Although you should also know that Dave hated Ed using keyboards....

But he's right, compared to the rest of the CVH catalog, Jump is vastly overrated, other than Ed's excellent solo.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Ed VH will be on the cover of the next issue of Rolling Stone. I don't know if it is posted anywhere else on the boards here, but no one has mentioned it in this thread and we are talking about Rolling Stone magazine, so thought I'd mention it:

Legendary musician Jimi Hendrix has been named the greatest guitar player in history by Rolling Stone magazine in a list compiled by a panel of music experts and top guitar players.

100 greatest guitar players special issue will come with four covers - Hendrix, Clapton, Page and Van Halen (who came 8th in their list this time around)
            Last edited by VHscraps; 11-26-2011, 02:24 PM.
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
              Dreams is only good for the Blue Angels video. It's only really redeeming quality.

And agreed Unchained is a fucking masterpiece, and Panama's video is epic.
              I saw the Blue Angels crash in Niagara Falls around that time and witnessed the tragic death of a U.S. Naval Aviator. Coincidence?

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Fucking 8th? What a joke. Nice that they put Ed on the cover, but come on...

Rolling Stone’s top 10 greatest guitarists:

1. Jimi Hendrix
                2. Eric Clapton
                3. Jimmy Page
                4. Keith Richards
                5. Jeff Beck
                6. B.B. King
                7. Chuck Berry
                8. Eddie Van Halen
                9. Duane Allman
                10. Pete Townshend

How it is not Hendrix, Page, Clapton, Van Halen (or a variation of such) is beyond me. Jeff Beck is great, but putting him, Chuck Berry, and BB King ahead of Eddie Van Halen is ludicrous.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  I saw the Blue Angels crash in Niagara Falls around that time and witnessed the tragic death of a U.S. Naval Aviator. Coincidence?
                  I saw one of the Thunderbirds crash. Luckily he ejected and the plane crashed away from the crowd or any buildings. Why he crashed was some simple shit. He flew to Mountain Home AFB from California and didn't reset his altimeter for the higher altitude. He basically did a loop and flew the plane right into the ground. We were watching it all happen and going what the hell?
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    damn that sucks man. Have a huge amount of respect for those guys and the air force thunderbirds. truly awe-inspiring.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...