X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Went to see Prince tonight.

FUCKING AWESOME!!! That little guy brings the funk and he can WAIL on guitar! His solo at the R&R HOF years back is testament to that.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

As much as my preconditioned mind wants to hate the guy.............the fucker's one hell of a musician!
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
      As much as my preconditioned mind wants to hate the guy.............the fucker's one hell of a musician!

Yeah. He is one talented dude. Freaky as hell though. Seems like the best artists are always a bit off as normal guys.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sadaist
        .......Seems like the best artists are always a bit off as normal guys.
        So that's CVH's problem
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          Yeah. He is one talented dude. Freaky as hell though. Seems like the best artists are always a bit off as normal guys.
          They also seem to be attracted to the Jehovah Witnesses or the Church of Scientology.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i briefly considered going up to Toronto on Black Friday for the Prince show...and then i find out there were five encores. damn.

i see there are some US dates being scheduled, maybe he'll play at CSU again.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

see? there's another dude bringin' it. i'll bet the production was ace.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

I have never heard anything bad about Prince. Have heard material he recorded that was not my cup of tea, but I tend to think of him as being on the level of Frank Zappa. Slightly left of center, but as a musician and composer, fucking amazing. So I have to say that even the music that was not my cup of tea, was still produced extremely well, and very stylish.

One of my favorite tunes of his is from the late 80s - early 90s....You Sexy Motherfucker.....fucking cracks me up whenever I hear it.

Mr. V, I knew just from the title of this thread that your report was basically going to be "He kicked ass!". I have never seen him live. But if I had the cash and the time, and he were coming to town, I would have to go check him out.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Not necessarily a huge fan of him stylistically, but Prince is the real deal.

The dude can write great tunes, record them well, and he fucking wails live.

Contrast him with any number of music acts today who a) can't write their own stuff, b) couldn't run a mixing board or engineer a record to save their lives and c) can't perform live without a bunch of prerecorded backing tapes/vocals.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

The guy just brings the funk! Plus you've got Maceo Parker on sax. Sings, dances, -everyone on their feet for 2 hours and 20 minutes. More hits than you can shake your ass to. Anyone who has a chance to go needs to. As usual, his solo on Purple Rain was epic!
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Prince is indeed a bad ass musician. I saw in in 2004 and the show rocked. I saw he has a new single on itunes. It's funky. Reports are he found an old tune from his vaults from the early 80s and revamped it. Killer.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I may have posted this before but I think it is the best insight into Prince and how he lives.

The bit about the camel always makes me laugh...

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Gy_cLJ19HMg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Gy_cLJ19HMg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/a9O130NYr_4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/a9O130NYr_4?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/rCm4Jxo3ltE?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/rCm4Jxo3ltE?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Vo0LbQzdz1A?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Vo0LbQzdz1A?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Interesting Thanks!
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Haven't bought a Prince album since "The Black Album" (which fell far short of the hype attached to it, for the several years it was bootlegged before WB finally cashed in on it.) but I'd still probably see him live.....just haven't got around to it yet.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Saw Prince and Sheila E in Greensboro in 84..awesome show

Comment

Working...