Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New VH Footage !!!! 2012 tickets on sale Jan 10th!!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mh5150 View Post
    About half way thru Jump it looks.like DLR AND EVH are singing tattoo .
    I've been watching the footage with the sound turned down and yeah, check out Dave and Eddie at 00.44. Tattoo?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SunisinuS View Post
    Any links to any mainstream media coverage yet?

And I doubt he will recycle the wardrobe much....he has had a fashion stylist since the 70's making new gear each tour. We saw one jacket that is the same and the bandanna's around the neck are staples. Even in Hain's pic grab you have a new shirt and a new jacket.
    The media is picking up on it now. Entertainment Weekly, New York Daily News and the LA Times have all reported today's announcement. Nothing really to add to what we already know but I liked this quote in the Times;

"the Sammy Hagar years are best left unmentioned."

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairwrning View Post
    So how long til Sammy makes a statement regarding his ( and Mikey ) not being a part of this project??

I say 72 hrs max.
    The old man is still sleeping off the Christmas turkey - probably had a whole bird to himself. So yeah, 72 hours could be right before Hagar wakes up and gives us another dose of his obvious strategy of, 'how to promote your lame arse album with google news search marketing'.
    Last edited by Halen High; 12-26-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Halen High View Post
    I've been watching the footage with the sound turned down and yeah, check out Dave and Eddie at 00.44. Tattoo?
    I was just about to post this same exact thing. Not to mention, I think Bertinelli let the cat out of the bag a few weeks ago on Twitter when asked her fave Van Halen songs and threw in the title "Tattoo." That tweet has since been deleted....or I am just unable to find it in her feeds.

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Awesome news, been waiting along time on this.....Nice to have something to look foward to in the music scene for a change.....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

She's the Woman
    AlwaysOut There Somewhere
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Whoa...Merry Christmas to Us is right! 10 years ago I thought Jay would never see any incarnation of VH in his lifetime....now he might see them again?!?? Hope they turn up somewhere accessible to us!! Happy New Year to all you guys!! xoxo
    ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Woo hoo!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think maybe people should try and give Wolfgang a chance at this point.

It was obviously a joke 4 years ago but he's grown up now. There is a huge difference between being 17 and 21, his dad wasn't much older when he recorded VH1.

Ron
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    2/7/12 = to'save'one too??

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ALMOSTsaved View Post
    I was just about to post this same exact thing. Not to mention, I think Bertinelli let the cat out of the bag a few weeks ago on Twitter when asked her fave Van Halen songs and threw in the title "Tattoo." That tweet has since been deleted....or I am just unable to find it in her feeds.
    She deleted it about 30 minutes after posting it. There is a song by The Who called tattoo .we all know they love Who covers . b

My tickets in the mail yet?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wolfgang has no stage presence at all. Oh and he seemed so enthused with that "Dave give me a break" response. The kid should go to college because when his dad kicks the bucket nobody is going to want him. I probably won't bother to see this tour or buy the album because the nepotism of the band is sickening. I'm a big believer in earning your place. If Eddie wants to make Van Halen a royal family then fine, but he will not have back ground vocals or bass worth shit.

Al looks like a geriatric. Wolf is just a fat kid still. Eddie looks like a witch. Dave has his shit together. It's like Dave why are you hanging with these goons? Oh well, I hope you make a lot of "fuck you!" money off this one, you deserve it for the shit they have put you through. Honestly, the Van Halens look like such shit they aren't worthy of Dave no longer. Sam would look better with the losers. LOL!
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-26-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ALMOSTsaved and mh5150 - thanks - I'd forgotten about Val's tweet and the whole dicussion about The Who. We could know as early as January 10. I wouldn't be surprised if they are timing the release of the new single with the ticket sales date.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Halen High View Post
    ALMOSTsaved and mh5150 - thanks - I'd forgotten about Val's tweet and the whole dicussion about The Who. We could know as early as January 10. I wouldn't be surprised if they are timing the release of the new single with the ticket sales date.
    It would make sense to release a single on that date to generate interest in the tour.......but this is the same PR brain trust that hasn't denied the Grammy fiasco and until yesterday hasn't even updated their website....so who knows!
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Get it ready! Diamond Dave is coming to your town. There is nothing finer ladies and gentlemen than a new Diamond David Lee Roth product fresh out of the wrapper. The Van Halens are just the trimmings.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Whooo hooo! Number One Trending on Yahoo right now!

TRENDING NOW
    01 Van Halen
    02 Packers ex-boyfriend sign
    03 Emily Watson
    04 Emile Hirsch
    05 Toyota hybrid
    06 Sandra Bullock
    07 Most-returned gifts
    08 Retirement planning
    09 Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    10 New painkiller

Fucking Hell Ya!

Last edited by SunisinuS; 12-26-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Chickenshit never trended number 1.
    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    VH is the no. 1 trend on Yahoo right now. Started reading the comments and it wasn't pretty. Stopped after about a hundred "no Mike, no VH" comments. Tough crowd.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post
    VH is the no. 1 trend on Yahoo right now. Started reading the comments and it wasn't pretty. Stopped after about a hundred "no Mike, no VH" comments. Tough crowd.
    I say let'em go see Chickenfoot. I support Roth - period. Oh, and for all the Roth haters that pop on this board to talk shit - deal with it and kiss ass.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So how long til Sammy makes a statement regarding his ( and Mikey ) not being a part of this project??

I say 72 hrs max.
    i'll take 48 hours....
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! Album and tour!!!!!!!!!

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Antman View Post

Meh, we don't need them. We didn't have them in 2007/2008 and look how that tour did. Love how VH is trending #1 with 1 simple B&W video to a 30 year old song and a little information. One email at 1:53 am to rock the turkey overstuffed sleepy public. It's like in Christmas Story finding that 1 present from Santa after everything else is unwrapped.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Has there ever been 97 users browsing a single thread before??

4+ hours later and still 82 users browsing....CMON, all you guests...join up so we can hear what you have to say!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I think maybe people should try and give Wolfgang a chance at this point.

It was obviously a joke 4 years ago but he's grown up now. There is a huge difference between being 17 and 21, his dad wasn't much older when he recorded VH1.
    Well, the thing of it is, and not trying to be a smarmy git about it either, at this point one either accepts what the band is these days or one doesn't.

It's understandable if someone decides to let 'em go under the premise that Van Halen essentially ended in 1985.

Myself, I'm interested in seeing what they can come up with. To be frank, I wasn't exactly bowled over with Roth's last two solo recordings, so it's not just Eddie that is an uncertain quantity to me re: Van Halen Mach 4.

If Wolfgang is a necessary component toward Roth and Eddie moving forward together, well, so be it. As long as the effort smacks of effort and sincerity, I suppose Anthony not being there is something I can deal with. Truth be told, as a fan there are times where I feel they should just call it a day. Seeing the boots of the earlier shows of the last tour, the band sounded strong. By the time I saw 'em on that tour, it was embarrassing.

But, whatever. Fuck it. Let 'em rev it up and take another shot. After everything else that has transpired and all the bullshit that has went down, it'd be good to see them release a solid album and hit the road; wind the enterprise down on an upbeat note rather than a sullen, cowering whimper.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Meh, we don't need them. We didn't have them in 2007/2008 and look how that tour did. Love how VH is trending #1 with 1 simple B&W video to a 30 year old song and a little information. One email at 1:53 am to rock the turkey overstuffed sleepy public. It's like in Christmas Story finding that 1 present from Santa after everything else is unwrapped.
    It was a sweet surprise..

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    First off it, I have to say this is the best fucking news I have heard here since it's inception. I hope these years of affliction have finally paid off! Van Halen as most people are aware is my number one passion in music. I've been waiting 27 years for this album to come out... and I really hope it delivers this goods. I am not expecting a sequel to fair warning or a tour with dave jumping twenty feet off of a drumriser... those days have been long gone... fuck... these guys are approaching 60. This album will NOT be anything like the 6 pack... but it will be atleast the 7th best Van Halen album... and that is perfectly alright with me. I am beyond excited about having an actual possible release date 2/7 for this... I could fucking jizz in my pants right now!!!

Van Halen is back!!!!!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Hey, it is unacceptable that spEd does not play nice and get Mikey back in the band.

But, if it is a choice between not going to see them, or going to see them, FUCK YES I will go to see them. Though Dave's schtick these days appears more scripted than off the cuff like it was back in the day, so fucking what? Just because I bitch because the original 4 don't go out on tour does not mean I don't want to see the 3/4 version.....

I missed the last tour, and I am not about to let it happen this time. I will take what I can get, as long as Spambot The Incontinent is not involved.

Oh and YEAH! What WARF said!
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 12-26-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I Love Hair Pie.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Eddie Van Halen" was the #2 most cited topic on Google News earlier this afternoon ---- Sergey and Larry must've been blowin' their loads on that one.

BTW ---- who's the fat chick runnin' the camcorder onstage? Someone else on here says it's none other than Mrs. Alex Van Halen ---- truth or rumor ???

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok, I'll be the only kid on the block to piss on the Christmas tree...How much greater would this news be, this video be, if Mikey was up there playing bass and singing??? Don't get me wrong - I paid good money to go see the last tour - opening night. And I fucking LOVED every minute of it! And I am so excited about the news that they are going on tour next year, and that they supposedly are going to release a new record. I WILL support whatever they put out. And I'm glad that the video release minimizes Wolfie to the point of being almost nonexistent. But, and I hate to say it, it's just not Van Halen. And I'm not saying I won't buy the record and play it until the laser in my CD player nearly burns a hole into it. I will, and I'll be happy about it. But it just ain't Van Fucking Halen.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes. Only Squire still there in some ways.
    Beatles. Only Ringo and Paul.
    Tull. Ian Anderson and the numerous Guitarists.

Cry me a fucking river.

Meanwhile....I will be off eating Chickenshit's lunch.

And btw...MA's much vaunted vocals on the that album...sorry...without Dave as the Choir leader....I heard fucking nothing exciting. Spammy cannot plan a chorus that even fucking uses MA well. Wow! A One Held Note Chorus! Spectfuckting Spammy Spectacular.

I love MA, I feel bad....but I got over it.

I loved banging the old chick but that will not stop me banging the new chick. If you do not understand Unchained (oops spelling) Change, (nothing stays the same) then Van Halen is not your band. Make your own band then and impress us.

MA is Happy. Van Halen is better. The people dogging on Dave and the Band still look like Elvis Costello.
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 12-27-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Live long enough and all you will ever do is tell stories of the "good old days".

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes. Only Squire still there in some ways.
    Beatles. Only Ringo and Paul.
    Tull. Ian Anderson and the numerous Guitarists.

Cry me a fucking river.

Meanwhile....I will be off eating Chickenshit's lunch.

And btw...MA's much vaunted vocals on the that album...sorry...without Dave as the Choir leader....I heard fucking nothing exciting. Spammy cannot plan a chorus that even fucking uses MA well. Wow! A One Held Note Chorus! Spectfuckting Spammy Spectacular.

I love MA, I feel bad....but I got over it.

I loved banging the old chick but that will not stop me banging the new chick. If you do not understand Unchained (oops spelling) Change, (nothing stays the same) then Van Halen is not your band. Make your own band then and impress us.

MA is Happy. Van Halen is better. The people dogging on Dave and the Band still look like Elvis Costello.
    No Wonder I Drink Reading Your Posts.
    Last edited by Dan; 12-27-2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: I Really Do Drink After Reading His Posts.

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sooooo... January 10th they put tickets on sale... well, January 11th is my fuckin birthday so I'm expecting some VH tickets as a gift. And ya know what-I don't give a damn if Mikey isn't there. He's too busy bonin Hagar to worry about what a REAL band does(no offense to Satriani, but even Satch sucks in Chickenfoot-only Hagar can make great guitarists suck). Anyone who is still upset about dumbass Mikey not being in VH is out of their mind. I could train an orangutang to play those bass lines as good, OR BETTER than MA. Mikey's backing vocals were great, but were they missed one iota on the last tour? NOPE. I didn't miss 'em probably because I was too busy staring aghast as Eddie played songs that I didn't thing he even remembered the names to-but that's a whole other story...

2012 is definitely the end of the world because there's a new VH tour AND a VH album with Roth is due out, and that, my friends, is the 7th sign of the apocalypse.
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post

BTW ---- who's the fat chick runnin' the camcorder onstage? Someone else on here says it's none other than Mrs. Alex Van Halen ---- truth or rumor ???
    This is Mrs. A. This photo was taken just this summer. Doesn't really look like the fat chick in the vid.

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I'M Blind!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mohican View Post

this is mrs. A. This photo was taken just this summer. Doesn't really look like the fat chick in the vid.
    Last edited by scottydabodi; 12-27-2011 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Me drunk

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dan No Wonder I Drink Reading Your Posts.
    :bottle:

Works for us!
    Last edited by SunisinuS; 12-27-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: (---Sober as Church Mouse. *hic

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WARF View Post
    First off it, I have to say this is the best fucking news I have heard here since it's inception. I hope these years of affliction have finally paid off! Van Halen as most people are aware is my number one passion in music. I've been waiting 27 years for this album to come out... and I really hope it delivers this goods. I am not expecting a sequel to fair warning or a tour with dave jumping twenty feet off of a drumriser... those days have been long gone... fuck... these guys are approaching 60. This album will NOT be anything like the 6 pack... but it will be atleast the 7th best Van Halen album... and that is perfectly alright with me. I am beyond excited about having an actual possible release date 2/7 for this... I could fucking jizz in my pants right now!!!

Van Halen is back!!!!!
    I agree with everything... except the "jizz in the pants" part... sorry, WARF, but that's just gross.
    Last edited by scottydabodi; 12-27-2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: I just jizzed in my pants.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydabodi View Post
    Sooooo... January 10th they put tickets on sale... well, January 11th is my fuckin birthday so I'm expecting some VH tickets as a gift. And ya know what-I don't give a damn if Mikey isn't there. He's too busy bonin Hagar to worry about what a REAL band does(no offense to Satriani, but even Satch sucks in Chickenfoot-only Hagar can make great guitarists suck). Anyone who is still upset about dumbass Mikey not being in VH is out of their mind. I could train an orangutang to play those bass lines as good, OR BETTER than MA. Mikey's backing vocals were great, but were they missed one iota on the last tour? NOPE. I didn't miss 'em probably because I was too busy staring aghast as Eddie played songs that I didn't thing he even remembered the names to-but that's a whole other story...

2012 is definitely the end of the world because there's a new VH tour AND a VH album with Roth is due out, and that, my friends, is the 7th sign of the apocalypse.
    Holy Shit,scottydabodi In Da House.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    But it just ain't Van Fucking Halen.

Since 1985 we have been cursed with 3/4 of Van Halen. If you had to hand pick which 3 of 4 to be the band, which 3 would you choose? These are the 3 I would choose. Sorry Mike, wish he was there but if one has to be out.....it's him.

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Holy Shit,scottydabodi In Da House.
    HUH??? WHAT??? WHERE???????

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No Wonder Dan Wears No Pants.He Should Be In A Zoo.
    That's What The Ladies Say.
    Last edited by Dan; 12-27-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Holy Shit,It's Long Dan Silver.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scottydabodi View Post
    HUH??? WHAT??? WHERE???????
    Muff Diver From Way Back.

Thread Information