EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by bantonelli
    This is one helluva proud moment for the ROTHARMY. !!!!!!!!
    Hey young lady, I was just talking about you in the females thread...

How have you been ??
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Years of silence instantly forgiven. Thanks Dave!
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Obviously not as good as you, VA !! I'm sooooooo proud of ROTHARMY and YOU, Sarge, Pojo, Warham, etc. I've been good and just waiting for this day to come! All is good, but now it's great! I had a feeling 2012 would be a good year. I need to spend more time here at the RA Ranch - I've missed you and many of the peeps I consider"Family". Hope we can have some meet ups with our RA Family at these concerts. Won't forget the Vegas gig! Hope you and the family had a great holiday and this news tops it all!!!!! You are such a great rep for us. So proud you represent us all to Diamond Dave Enterprises. You, RA and DD Enterprises ROCK!
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Meh, any of us would've done the same thing... I just got lucky...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

LOL - okay modest guy. But I think you rep us well...always have. Would love to know what you thought the minute this all fell into your hands... were you in disbelief? jaw drop?
            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Honestly ? I was on my mother's ancient PC in Pennsylvania visiting, and it was pretty crazy. Everything happened pretty quickly, plus I couldn't watch the video properly...

But it's great having the VH Machine running again...

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
                LOL - okay modest guy. But I think you rep us well...always have. Would love to know what you thought the minute this all fell into your hands... were you in disbelief? jaw drop?
                Wouldn't it be nice to have video footage of when he got the news?
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                  VA knows.

You could sign the Army autograph....from us to Dave. It's the thought that counts.

Just sayin'......I think it would be cool and I'll bet Dave would appreciate it.
                  Sorry, no dice on the mailing address....

Comment

• JJtheVagPounder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Sorry, no dice on the mailing address....
                    It makes sense. I probably wouldn't send anything anyway. I would find it creepy if there was suddenly a drawing of me in the mail.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by VHscraps
                      Still zilch on the Interscope website - and a week until the single is out. I'd like to see an actual physical object, you know - with a CD, 7" vinyl, whatever, in a sleeve. It's the contents of the music that matters, I realise, but I hope it is not just some digital download-only release ... after this long I want a THING I can hold in my hands !
                      Man, I just found out that the FYE in Gnashville is closing. They are having their going out of business sale right now.

They were the LAST standalone brick and mortar store in Gnashville devoted to new retail music and movies. They moved in to the old Tower Records building when Tower went out of business.

And on the same item on the local news this evening, they were talking about how the Major Labels are not making as much profit as they want from CDs and are going to phase them out later this year (which I posted about a couple of months back).

I am hoping at least WalMart and BestBuy will carry the Van Halen CD.

Fucking sucks that this is happening. FUCK downloads. I WANT PHYSICAL MEDIA!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Oh and JJ....Good God, man! You are one of those lucky motherfuckers who are able to draw exactly what you see......

I knew a kid in 6th grade (many decades ago) who had that ability. That is not something you can learn. Certainly not on the level you are on.

Christ, I hope you are earning money from your endeavors. You are so good you should be making at least 6 figures at it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                          Man, I just found out that the FYE in Gnashville is closing. They are having their going out of business sale right now.

They were the LAST standalone brick and mortar store in Gnashville devoted to new retail music and movies. They moved in to the old Tower Records building when Tower went out of business.

And on the same item on the local news this evening, they were talking about how the Major Labels are not making as much profit as they want from CDs and are going to phase them out later this year (which I posted about a couple of months back).

I am hoping at least WalMart and BestBuy will carry the Van Halen CD.

Fucking sucks that this is happening. FUCK downloads. I WANT PHYSICAL MEDIA!!!
                          I have mixed feelings. I miss the kool cover art and album gimmick of the vynl years. For me the peak of the record store thing was when they reeked of incense, sold cool poster, shirts, records of course, and a whole assortment of pot smoking paraphernalia. I remember the department store record departments would have these huge displays for new albums. KISS was always a leader in this area. It was a cool time but it lost it's charm in the late 80's. I buy most my music on Amazon now. I can buy the songs I want or buy a whole album if I want. I shopped around for all my favorite Christmas songs and made my own album out of my favorite songs. If they get lost or stolen Amazon keeps a copy of what I bought on their cloud server and I can just download it again. That's nice. All my CD's got stolen out of my truck one year and that sucked. The music was gone. Now I can just download a new replacement or play my music wherever I have internet access. It doesn't have the charm of the old days but it has it's advantages. I find if you play your MP3's through a tube preamp they sound more analog. You will never get the dynamics of analog recording from digital but you can make it sound pretty damn good.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Yeah. I agree about the advantages. I also agree about what you said about the vinyl years. I know of a cool record store like what you described...but it is small, and they sell almost no new CDs, because all the distributors he was getting product from went out of business. They make their money selling products to help you defeat drug tests, lol. AND they have ramped up the smoking paraphernalia. AND they are now beginning to have some of the coolest black light posters I have seen in a LONG time. Oh and yes, they sell incense as well, lol.

Comment

• JJtheVagPounder
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              Oh and JJ....Good God, man! You are one of those lucky motherfuckers who are able to draw exactly what you see......

I knew a kid in 6th grade (many decades ago) who had that ability. That is not something you can learn. Certainly not on the level you are on.

Christ, I hope you are earning money from your endeavors. You are so good you should be making at least 6 figures at it.
                              Thanks dude, but no, I am not making any money off of it. I think I have to die first before anything is worth money. Kinda lame.

Comment

• bluemustard
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2006

I'm so excited..
                                I see alot of bands still releasing on vinyl.Hope VH does it with this release too.
                                Today or tomorrow I'm getting my frist vinyl album ever in the mail.I had to pay 75 dollars for it.
                                Always wanted a vinyl album of my songs.Now I have to find a company that will print the sleeve..lol.
                                I'll post the album in gearstreet!
                                Roth on!

Comment

Working...