Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    It also goes a long way toward explaining some of the pessimism some long-time fans happen to regard the current deluge of news and interest. For every ten folks out there looking at this whole deal with the thrill of anticipation, there are still 2-3 of us waiting for Lucy to jerk the football away as Charlie Brown runs up to kick it. I for one, refuse to apologize for that innate cynicism, as the band itself made every attempt to earn it.
    I absolutely agree chef. They still have a lot to do to erase the cynicism that all of us, if we are honest, still have where the brothers are concerned. But I'm more optimistic than ever that Eddie has finally beaten his demons to the point where he can enjoy a healthy respect for us again.
    Last edited by Halen High; 12-30-2011 at 08:30 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    It also goes a long way toward explaining some of the pessimism some long-time fans happen to regard the current deluge of news and interest. For every ten folks out there looking at this whole deal with the thrill of anticipation, there are still 2-3 of us waiting for Lucy to jerk the football away as Charlie Brown runs up to kick it. I for one, refuse to apologize for that innate cynicism, as the band itself made every attempt to earn it.
    Of course. And I absolutely HATE having to be put in a position as a fan, that I CANNOT be absolutely sure of ANYTHING about VH anymore.

I mean, for instance....look at Iron Maiden. Or Judas Priest. They have had their personnel changes back in the 90s. But when they are touring, they are at least RELIABLE. You can be sure they will let the fans know when they are recording an album. They will let the fans know that "yes, in a year or year and a half we will be touring".

It allows the fans to KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that they will be touring, etc.

And as for the touring part of it, it allows fans to plan their trips to the nearest scheduled tour date well in advance, resting easy in the knowledge that yes, the band WILL tour, and yes, they WILL follow through.

This is why I will never go on a road trip to see Michael Schenker. More often than not, his club tours in prematurely in some kind of disaster, with a cancellation of all remaining dates.

So even now, with everything going on suddenly in the Van Halen camp, I CANNOT RELY ON THEM!

They can tell me until they are blue in the fucking face that they are releasing an album, that they are going to tour, etc.

But I cannot fucking depend on them. I might even be able to get my hands on a ticket. But I cannot be sure they will even tour. IF they tour, I cannot be sure they will even finish it.

SURE, they are at the top of the heap when it comes to American Hard Rock bands, and with Irving Azoff as manager, and a new deal with Interscope Records, it APPEARS that everything is going to happen as they say it will.

But....dare I use the pun? It is the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I HATE IT! I HATE HAVING TO BE SO FUCKING SKEPTICAL! AS MUCH A FAN OF VAN HALEN AS I AM, IT INFURIATES ME THAT I CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN THE WAY THEY SAY THEY WILL!

TALK IS FUCKING CHEAP!

SHOW ME THE FUCKING MONEY!

We now return you to our regularly schedule program.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 2 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

Angel (12-31-2011),ZahZoo (12-31-2011)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    That is exactly what will be done over the weekend at VHND, with Rotharmy.com props of course....
    Good to hear. I alerted people at the VHND about the Army's exclusive yesterday.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    I have always been a VH fan, saw them live with Dave 5 times prior to the original break up. Also, wasn't 12 years old in 1985, no offense to those who paint themselves as hard core fans but never truly experienced VH at their zenith, who talk about the glory days of the Roth era based on concert videos they've watched long after Dave left. I was bummed when Roth bailed, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to get into his music, even went to see him on the Eat 'em tour. I just got more disillusioned with each passing year as it became clear he was enamored with the spotlight and the music seemed secondary, a soundtrack for the life of someone trying to stay relevant. I just could never be one of those people who believed everything he did was awesome, or stellar, as he and others like to say--a lot. I hoped there would be a true CVH reunion, Dave spent about a decade campaigning for it to happen and it sort of has. Eddie became quite the asshole as years went on, as has been stated here daily, giving little thought to those who put him where he was. finally there is the chance to come back to the party, kicking the door off the hinges as they enter and they decide to bring watered down liquor, in the form of Wolfgang. I wonder if Dave ever spoke up to bring Mike back, I doubt it. Dave wouldn't want to piss off Ed and lose the gig a third time. There is an "elephant in the room" vibe to all of this which has led to rationalizing how little Mike ever meant to the band. I saw them in '07 and was immediately reminded of Mike's importance and was amazed at how quickly so called diehards settled. So, while I look forward to the new music, you can't say it's from CVH. And it will be good, if it's great I would be the first to say so, but I refuse to be some bandwagoner and hail at the best work ever as some ALREADY are. I'm just a disappointed fan who may shortly be a bit less disappointed.
    First, I often chat with people who never witnessed CVH live in the flesh - some of them much younger than most of us - yet still get what they were all about to a far higher level than some who were fortunate enough to see them in their prime (the latter being people who typically also think F.U.C.K was a classic album).

And I believe Dave did push for Mike for years before realising it was never going to happen. So what was he supposed to do? Dave cares about the Van Halen legacy and the thought of them going out with Hagar was motivation enough. Of course it's not a CVH reunion and Mike should have been there. But remember, and you can still read the interviews at the VHND, in the mid to late 90s, Mike stated for the record that he never wanted to work with Dave again and was against a CVH reunion. So he didn't do himself any favours with his unjustified angst towards Dave and his pro Hagar stance, which was at odds with what the fanbase wanted. In that respect, he made it easier for the brothers to justify his non-inclusion. The thing is, the two most important ingredients are back together again and in 2012, after giving up on ever hearing VH sound like VH again - that's good enough for me.
    Last edited by Halen High; 12-30-2011 at 08:52 PM.

6. 2 users say thank you to Halen High for this KICKASS post:

Angel (12-31-2011),SunisinuS (12-31-2011)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I also have a lot of friends who never got to see CVH. It is sort of like me talking to my older friends who were fortunate enough to see Jimi Hendrix in concert.

My neighbor saw one van hagar concert, and saw one show with Cherone. So he is hoping they come to Nashville as well as I.

But, they say you can't put lightning in a bottle.

So.....even those who will be seeing VH for the first time out on this tour, will still not witness what WE saw. The times are different. It is 25 years on since the Roth era ended.
    Kids these days have seen video of everything, so there will not be the 'shock value' that WE experienced in 1978 and subsequent years.

Even so.....at least people will be able to see 3/4 of the real deal. Too bad Mikey does not want to work with Dave again. Oh well.

Life goes on, eh?

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2016 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Um...wow!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What up man? Love the fact that all the rumblings from Howdy Doody Mountain have brought all my friends back to the David Lee Roth chalkboard here!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    This is why I will never go on a road trip to see Michael Schenker. More often than not, his club tours in prematurely in some kind of disaster, with a cancellation of all remaining dates.
    Grammar correction to the above sentence.

More often than not, his club tours END prematurely in some kind of disaster,

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Kids will do that to you. I just couldn't see talking about the same shit after all this time with no new CD. I hope this all happens. Still some doubt in my mind that Lucy will pull the football away at the last minute...

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I swear I didn't see Chefcraig using the "Lucy pulling the football away" analogy. I guess i'm not the only one...

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 08:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Grammar correction to the above sentence.
    On what other Board - or maybe I mean 'on which other board' - do members show such concern for their fellow muckers that they become their own grammar nazis ...! It's a more refined kinda self-flagellation.

I approve, naturally.

14. Thanked VHscraps for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (12-31-2011)

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-12-2022 @ 10:09 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Just felt like embedding this...

Out of all the half-assed videos made during the last tour, this is my favorite, and it barely has a song in it....

I've been saying this for years here, but my favorite part of a concert is before it even starts, it's when the house lights go down and the band gets ready to start the show...

And as we all know, NO ONE does that better than Van Fucking Halen, people....

This was Opening Night last tour, in Charlotte, as the Mighty Van Halen took the stage....
    Hometown kick off. Good times that night.

16. Thanked weesfreewheelin for this KICKASS post:

Halen High (12-30-2011)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Van Halen trending #3 on yahoo RIGHT NOW...

There's a poll when you click the link...and the poll asks who's your favorite Van Halen lead singer...and while roth is the overwhelming favorite...

Gary Cherone actually has votes...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Of course...they are trending behind Pippa Middleton and Katy Perry...

hmmmm...

Nice ass...nice tits...

19. Thanked POJO_Risin for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (12-31-2011)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Latest bit of VH info from the DDE rep:

If you're watching one of the Times Square countdown shows tomorrow night be on the lookout for the Van Halen train graphic during the 9pm to 10pm time slot. It should be rather large.

Now, which show? I'm told all of the major shows, so we'll see....
    Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 12-30-2011 at 10:10 PM.

21. 8 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Angel (12-31-2011),fifth element (12-31-2011),Halen High (12-30-2011),jhale667 (12-31-2011),Sensible Shoes (12-30-2011),SunisinuS (12-31-2011),TAKIN WHISKEY (12-31-2011),vandeleur (12-31-2011)

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-19-2016 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

New Years Eve a clip of VH maybe? Links says there in NY according to thier thread

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

I feel like I just woke up after a twenty year nap.

24. Thanked indeedido for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (12-31-2011)

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I also have a lot of friends who never got to see CVH. It is sort of like me talking to my older friends who were fortunate enough to see Jimi Hendrix in concert.

My neighbor saw one van hagar concert, and saw one show with Cherone. So he is hoping they come to Nashville as well as I.

But, they say you can't put lightning in a bottle.

So.....even those who will be seeing VH for the first time out on this tour, will still not witness what WE saw. The times are different. It is 25 years on since the Roth era ended.
    Kids these days have seen video of everything, so there will not be the 'shock value' that WE experienced in 1978 and subsequent years.

Even so.....at least people will be able to see 3/4 of the real deal. Too bad Mikey does not want to work with Dave again. Oh well.

Life goes on, eh?
    You're right - great analogy with Hendrix. As for Mike - I'm sure he wishes he was a part of it now and perhaps he regrets not playing the politics a little better, aligning himself so closely with Hagar etc. I love the guy - as one of the original four, he is a true legend of rock n' roll.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Gary Cherone actually has votes...
    Hey Pojo that was really funny man, I mean for a moment I thought you were.........wait a minute.........you're serious?

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-24-2015 @ 06:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Of course. And I absolutely HATE having to be put in a position as a fan, that I CANNOT be absolutely sure of ANYTHING about VH anymore.

I mean, for instance....look at Iron Maiden. Or Judas Priest. They have had their personnel changes back in the 90s. But when they are touring, they are at least RELIABLE. You can be sure they will let the fans know when they are recording an album. They will let the fans know that "yes, in a year or year and a half we will be touring".

It allows the fans to KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that they will be touring, etc.

And as for the touring part of it, it allows fans to plan their trips to the nearest scheduled tour date well in advance, resting easy in the knowledge that yes, the band WILL tour, and yes, they WILL follow through.

So even now, with everything going on suddenly in the Van Halen camp, I CANNOT RELY ON THEM!

They can tell me until they are blue in the fucking face that they are releasing an album, that they are going to tour, etc.

But I cannot fucking depend on them. I might even be able to get my hands on a ticket. But I cannot be sure they will even tour. IF they tour, I cannot be sure they will even finish it.

SURE, they are at the top of the heap when it comes to American Hard Rock bands, and with Irving Azoff as manager, and a new deal with Interscope Records, it APPEARS that everything is going to happen as they say it will.

But....dare I use the pun? It is the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.

I HATE IT! I HATE HAVING TO BE SO FUCKING SKEPTICAL! AS MUCH A FAN OF VAN HALEN AS I AM, IT INFURIATES ME THAT I CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THINGS ARE GOING TO HAPPEN THE WAY THEY SAY THEY WILL!

TALK IS FUCKING CHEAP!

SHOW ME THE FUCKING MONEY!

We now return you to our regularly schedule program.
    You need to chill, hon! Cynical is no way to go through life. Life is good! These are happy times. New music, a great tour, videos, pictures, press...it's all sweet icing on a big old cake.

Take a valium and call me in the morning!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2014 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

So, I am taking what Sesh said about the whole drawing things out of it seriously and I drew this. It's going to be a series of SKETCHES and quick paintings and such so don't expect too much. But I am going to try and take pictures of them in interesting context.

Word.

29. 19 users say thank you to JJtheVagPounder for this KICKASS post:

Angel (12-31-2011),ashstralia (12-31-2011),bluemustard (12-31-2011),chefcraig (12-31-2011),Dan (12-31-2011),Etienne (12-31-2011),FORD (12-31-2011),frimmie (01-04-2012),Halen High (12-31-2011),Hardrock69 (12-31-2011),jhale667 (12-31-2011),Little Texan (12-31-2011),Northern Girl (12-31-2011),sadaist (12-31-2011),Seshmeister (12-31-2011),SunisinuS (12-31-2011),TAKIN WHISKEY (12-31-2011),TJMKID (12-31-2011),vandeleur (12-31-2011)

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

you got some serious talent there, jj.

31. 2 users say thank you to ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (12-31-2011),JJtheVagPounder (12-31-2011)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks, brother man.

33. Thanked JJtheVagPounder for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (12-31-2011)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Right on JJ. Keep em coming. I envy your talent but I am so very happy of your chosen medium & that you take the time to share with us.

35. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

JJtheVagPounder (12-31-2011)

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-29-2015 @ 07:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I've been a LONG TIME reader of the DLR Army. I just registered tonight. Love the video - can't wait for the pics - for that matter, can't wait for the song premier and CD release. Like all of us, I've hung on to every little piece of VH news (or lack thereof) and so excited to see the cork blow off this multi-decade long bottle of VH champagne!! Job well done to the guys who run this site - and whoever the rep is from DDE... a BIG Texas-sized thanks to you, bro... nuthin but yeah!!!!

37. Thanked CDABOAT1 for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (12-31-2011)

Belly Searcher
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 11:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I am SOOOO speechless.

39. Thanked BumBahDeeDah for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (12-31-2011)

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Latest bit of VH info from the DDE rep:

If you're watching one of the Times Square countdown shows tomorrow night be on the lookout for the Van Halen train graphic during the 9pm to 10pm time slot. It should be rather large.

Now, which show? I'm told all of the major shows, so we'll see....
    Rock and Roll Sir!

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

42. 4 users say thank you to bluemustard for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (12-31-2011),Hardrock69 (12-31-2011),Little Texan (12-31-2011),Roth & Roll (12-31-2011)

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluemustard View Post
    Holy Shit,BM Kicking Spammy Ass And Taking Names.

44. Thanked Dan for this KICKASS post:

bluemustard (12-31-2011)

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bluemustard...

Dude...these are some of the funniest chops I have seen in a long time. Keep at it. I AM laffing my fucking ass off!

AND *great fanfare* I finally saw the vid. It is on Youtube now, so I downloaded a 240p .flv file. Took me 2 fucking hours.

But I got to see it. How fucking cool! Dave rules!

46. Thanked Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

bluemustard (12-31-2011)

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CDABOAT1 View Post
    and whoever the rep is from DDE... a BIG Texas-sized thanks to you, bro... nuthin but yeah!!!!
    It's a "she".....

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Right on JJ. Keep em coming. I envy your talent but I am so very happy of your chosen medium & that you take the time to share with us.
    More will be coming, dude. Just be patient.

GOOD GOD, YA'LL
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJtheVagPounder View Post
    So, I am taking what Sesh said about the whole drawing things out of it seriously and I drew this. It's going to be a series of SKETCHES and quick paintings and such so don't expect too much. But I am going to try and take pictures of them in interesting context.

Word.
    Nice graphic!!!

51. Thanked hain23x for this KICKASS post:

JJtheVagPounder (12-31-2011)

lazy lounge lizard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-11-2022 @ 09:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Cheers Franksters! I hope that you're all right, Tabarnac'!

lazy lounge lizard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

lazy lounge lizard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm all good Jerôme.. 2012 is the year pal!!!

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franksters View Post
    I'm all good Jerôme.. 2012 is the year pal!!!
    Good to see you around! And yes, this is THE year coming!!

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

New saga.
    Season 1.

LOL

Thread Information