Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: EXCLUSIVE: Roth Army Collaboration with Diamond Dave Enterprises !!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Now if the video was on youtube, I could download it. It might take a couple of hours, but at least I could watch the thing sooner, lol. Damn dialup tin-can-and-string fucking bullshit!
    There are a couple of people who are good at art here, could one of them not make a series of sketches of the video and then post them to HK?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 5 users say thank you to bluemustard for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (12-30-2011),bluepenguin (12-30-2011),chefcraig (12-30-2011),Dan (12-30-2011),SparkieD (12-30-2011)

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

5. 3 users say thank you to bluemustard for this KICKASS post:

Dan (12-30-2011),Hardrock69 (12-30-2011),SunisinuS (12-30-2011)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2014 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    There are a couple of people who are good at art here, could one of them not make a series of sketches of the video and then post them to HK?
    What's HK and what are you talking about here?

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

8. 3 users say thank you to bluemustard for this KICKASS post:

bluepenguin (12-30-2011),Dan (12-30-2011),jhale667 (12-30-2011)

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

David Lee Roth and Van Halen is the answer to this song!! LOL Merry new year! People should make more paintings of D-ro! The pictures and footage is so fine! Warming up singing soul music..awsome!!Can't wait for part 2!

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Roth on!!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJtheVagPounder View Post
    Sorry typo I meant to say HR for Hardrocks69.

Joke about him still living in the 1990s on dialup.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-03-2023 @ 07:22 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I have always been a VH fan, saw them live with Dave 5 times prior to the original break up. Also, wasn't 12 years old in 1985, no offense to those who paint themselves as hard core fans but never truly experienced VH at their zenith, who talk about the glory days of the Roth era based on concert videos they've watched long after Dave left. I was bummed when Roth bailed, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to get into his music, even went to see him on the Eat 'em tour. I just got more disillusioned with each passing year as it became clear he was enamored with the spotlight and the music seemed secondary, a soundtrack for the life of someone trying to stay relevant. I just could never be one of those people who believed everything he did was awesome, or stellar, as he and others like to say--a lot. I hoped there would be a true CVH reunion, Dave spent about a decade campaigning for it to happen and it sort of has. Eddie became quite the asshole as years went on, as has been stated here daily, giving little thought to those who put him where he was. finally there is the chance to come back to the party, kicking the door off the hinges as they enter and they decide to bring watered down liquor, in the form of Wolfgang. I wonder if Dave ever spoke up to bring Mike back, I doubt it. Dave wouldn't want to piss off Ed and lose the gig a third time. There is an "elephant in the room" vibe to all of this which has led to rationalizing how little Mike ever meant to the band. I saw them in '07 and was immediately reminded of Mike's importance and was amazed at how quickly so called diehards settled. So, while I look forward to the new music, you can't say it's from CVH. And it will be good, if it's great I would be the first to say so, but I refuse to be some bandwagoner and hail at the best work ever as some ALREADY are. I'm just a disappointed fan who may shortly be a bit less disappointed.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    I have always been a VH fan, saw them live with Dave 5 times prior to the original break up. Also, wasn't 12 years old in 1985, no offense to those who paint themselves as hard core fans but never truly experienced VH at their zenith, who talk about the glory days of the Roth era based on concert videos they've watched long after Dave left. I was bummed when Roth bailed, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to get into his music, even went to see him on the Eat 'em tour. I just got more disillusioned with each passing year as it became clear he was enamored with the spotlight and the music seemed secondary, a soundtrack for the life of someone trying to stay relevant. I just could never be one of those people who believed everything he did was awesome, or stellar, as he and others like to say--a lot. I hoped there would be a true CVH reunion, Dave spent about a decade campaigning for it to happen and it sort of has. Eddie became quite the asshole as years went on, as has been stated here daily, giving little thought to those who put him where he was. finally there is the chance to come back to the party, kicking the door off the hinges as they enter and they decide to bring watered down liquor, in the form of Wolfgang. I wonder if Dave ever spoke up to bring Mike back, I doubt it. Dave wouldn't want to piss off Ed and lose the gig a third time. There is an "elephant in the room" vibe to all of this which has led to rationalizing how little Mike ever meant to the band. I saw them in '07 and was immediately reminded of Mike's importance and was amazed at how quickly so called diehards settled. So, while I look forward to the new music, you can't say it's from CVH. And it will be good, if it's great I would be the first to say so, but I refuse to be some bandwagoner and hail at the best work ever as some ALREADY are. I'm just a disappointed fan who may shortly be a bit less disappointed.
    i just figured out what's wrong with you.

you think too much.

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

No way I'm reading this. Became tedious after the second nonsensical sentence.
    Merry Christmas

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Well, it came down to the wire but.......Hater wins the award for best run on sentence of 2011!

Congrats on a job well done

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Meh, not a hater sheep post. Actually pretty close with your observations although I think you carry them to the extreme. Dave did decline after EEAS, Eddie did become a bigger & bigger asshole, we would like Mike back instead of Wolfie, and I don't think anybody has hailed whatever this new album will be as the best ever.

But whatever man. You're entitled to your opinion. I am glad you are a Van Halen fan at the least. And I truly hope this new album surprises you and all of us with some great music. We all would love this to be the 7th best Van Halen album. While we have high hopes and might talk big, we all secretly have our fingers crossed behind our backs.

my best advice....just let go and enjoy the ride until you receive some solid evidence to not anymore.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

The chances are there would have never been a 7th album without wolf . Am ready to take hit here but am sure it was his influence that got his dad to realise the relevance of CVH rather than van hagar.
    We are were we are , no mike but close enough to hear a new album, see a new tour etc etc .
    Some one said recently we have had 20 odd years of 3 quarters of van halen , i can settle for this 3/4 over the last 3/4.

19. 4 users say thank you to vandeleur for this KICKASS post:

damngoodtimes (12-31-2011),riggodrill44 (12-30-2011),Roth & Roll (12-30-2011),SunisinuS (12-30-2011)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    we have had 20 odd years of 3 quarters of van halen , i can settle for this 3/4 over the last 3/4.

Me too.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-04-2017 @ 04:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The chances are there would have never been a 7th album without wolf . Am ready to take hit here but am sure it was his influence that got his dad to realise the relevance of CVH rather than van hagar.
    We are were we are , no mike but close enough to hear a new album, see a new tour etc etc .
    Some one said recently we have had 20 odd years of 3 quarters of van halen , i can settle for this 3/4 over the last 3/4.
    I agree. To all the pseudo-CVH fans I have come into contact with over the last week, many have been stating over and over how VH IS DLR and Ed. I disagree with them time and time again, as most of us would, and am quick to toss out this lineup as a "reunion" lineup. This is a (somewhat) new band, not simply living off successes of the past (as they did in 2007 which is what everybody wanted), and are finally taking this forward with this new album.

Comparisons will be made to previous 30 year old albums, but I will be judging this as something new, with a little hint of the CVH we know and love added to it of course. It might simply be a re-hash of the old material, but I am eager to see how much these bandmates have matured as musicians and what they will offer now. Of course, with DLR added, how can it go wrong!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

JJ is stuck behind a desk at his shitty job at the moment and cannot access the site, but he has instructed me to let you all know that he'll be doing a series of drawings based on the video... Should be good shit!

23. 2 users say thank you to VAiN for this KICKASS post:

Angel (12-30-2011),ashstralia (12-30-2011)

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-07-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I must admit that this is actually a great post... Heater, I've seen you post some goofy shit, but this is really great. Hey, listen, we'd all like to see Mikey there, but he's not. The only thing I miss about Mikey is vocals, and stage persona(in the CVH days)... But ya know what, I do think that Van Halen can make a really good album without him. As I've previously stated, I didn't miss him on the last tour, probably because I was shocked-as-shit at Eddie playing songs that I thought he didn't even remember the names of... Well, listen, what are we gonna do, hate on Dave because he didn't speak up for Mikey??? Mikey chose his side, and has a 3rd rate band to show for it. I'd still rather have a Billy Sheehan(Billy's an incredible player with great backing vocals), but that'll never happen because Billy's last name isn't Van Halen... I'm as diehard as they come, and if sacrificing Mikey for Dave is what's gotta be, then so fuckin be it. Mike can go blow Hagar every night backstage with Satch filming it.

Stay Frosty!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-29-2016 @ 09:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks

We are were we are , no mike but close enough to hear a new album, see a new tour etc.
    This is an excellent observation, and one that is lost on the "No Mikey - No VH" gang of haters out there.

By all accounts, it's Wolf who was the driving force in bringing Dave back into the fold, and the only person that really held any leverage over Ed regarding the direction of the band.

Without Wolf, Ed is most likely either at home drinking Smoking Loon, or dead right now.

Good post!

26. Thanked Roth & Roll for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (12-30-2011)

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, get Cato to recreate the video with his stick figure sketches and post it to YouTube!

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Yup..."look at all the little kids, taking care of the music biz...know their business take good care of me..."

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I have always liked CVH and Dave, but it is really only recently (within the last three years) that I have become devout. My buddy VAiN told me the other night “until you have felt our pain, you cannot truly appreciate Dave” and then he popped in a Van Hagar video from ’96 or somewheres around that. Oh man. Oh I was so angry. When VAiN sees this, he will tell you of my rage. Where’s the stage presence? Where’s the crowd participation? Where’s Van Halen? And then that sonofabitch went and sang Panama ? Well no thank you, good sir, I will not stand for that. Legend will state that I “lost my cool”, I like to think that I kept my composure as I was screaming at the tv and spilling my beer. Anyway, my memory of that night is limited so VAiN can probably fill in the blanks.
    Oh man, so angry!! The amount of suck being thrown at you was overwhelming, I understand... the case of beer we plowed through may have contributed to it. I only take issue that you spilled a beer - that's just wrong, man..

30. Thanked VAiN for this KICKASS post:

JJtheVagPounder (12-30-2011)

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Looks like the stint at the Roxy is ongoing...
    How amazing must that have been... just mind blowing! I can't believe it was kept quiet for 2 months! This is the nail in the coffin for every fucking nit wit troll that rolled through here talking shit about the album not happening, Ed not being happy with Dave, Dave not being happy with Ed, blah blah fucking blah. They can all eat a dick! This is happening, I'm just sitting back and loving every goddamn minute of this... Soon I will have VH tickets in my hand and and a new album. Nothing else matters...
    Cheers guys, our time has come!

32. 2 users say thank you to VAiN for this KICKASS post:

Angel (12-30-2011),Diamondjimi (12-31-2011)

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry for the off topic post, but I gotta say JJtheVagPounder is still the best name on these forums!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

34. 2 users say thank you to Little Texan for this KICKASS post:

JJtheVagPounder (12-30-2011),scottydabodi (12-30-2011)

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

I think I may go to sleep until Tuesday BECAUSE I CANNOT STAND THE SUSPENSE!!!!!!

36. Thanked Sensible Shoes for this KICKASS post:

Angel (12-30-2011)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bluemustard View Post

Keep these fuckers comin' !!!

38. Thanked TJMKID for this KICKASS post:

bluemustard (12-31-2011)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not sure I wanna give Wolf that much credit unless I hear it directly from Ed's mouth that sonny boy convinced him it was Dave or the grave.

Edweirdo and his sister The Reverend are all about the CASH MONEY --- and even they can figure out VH has no future without Diamond Lee in it. They finally got the message that a new singer wont work (Van Cherone) and patching things up with Sammy is a toxic dump (2004 tour).

If Eddie could somehow believe getting Mike back would add $50 million to the tour grosses, I can guarantee you Mr. Anthony-Sobolewski is in VH tomorrow and Wolfie is playing rhythm guitar.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2014 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    Sorry for the off topic post, but I gotta say JJtheVagPounder is still the best name on these forums!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled discussion...
    Thanks. I enjoy it.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SunisinuS View Post
    I don't care about VH links feuds and such, but has anyone told Van Halen News Desk to say "Exclusive new photos over here at the Army" and give a link to it?

It is Van Halen News....they should link it.

That is exactly what will be done over the weekend at VHND, with Rotharmy.com props of course....

42. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (12-30-2011)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The so-called "exclusive photos" appear to be screen captures from the officially released VH videos, not from the Dave video. You can essentially do the same thing yourself: Play a clip using the full screen option, find a part you like, push the PrtScrn/SysRq key, go to Windows Paint, save and then edit the image for size. It's the same thing as taking a photo of your desktop.
    Hopefully we'll have the pics up tonight or tomorrow, sorry for the delay.....

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 10:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post

Edweirdo and his sister The Reverend are all about the CASH MONEY --- .
    Really? Then what the hell has taken him so long to release something? If the dude was motivated by money, could he not have ridden the momentum from the last tour and made a lot more?

45. Thanked SparkieD for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (12-30-2011)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just felt like embedding this...

Out of all the half-assed videos made during the last tour, this is my favorite, and it barely has a song in it....

I've been saying this for years here, but my favorite part of a concert is before it even starts, it's when the house lights go down and the band gets ready to start the show...

And as we all know, NO ONE does that better than Van Fucking Halen, people....

This was Opening Night last tour, in Charlotte, as the Mighty Van Halen took the stage....

47. 2 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

damngoodtimes (12-31-2011),Diamondjimi (12-31-2011)

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That night was fucking MAGIC!

49. Thanked SparkieD for this KICKASS post:

Dan (12-30-2011)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SparkieD View Post
    That night was fucking MAGIC!
    Pojo and I have been kicking ourselves for four years for not going to Charlotte AND Greensboro....

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

I couldn't be at that one but i almost wet my pants in Cleveland during that intro.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparkieD View Post
    Really? Then what the hell has taken him so long to release something? If the dude was motivated by money, could he not have ridden the momentum from the last tour and made a lot more?
    He did. Look at all of the dubious guitar gizmos he unleashed, claiming "It's what I use" when some of them were at least a bit on the questionable side (A fucking wah-wah pedal? REALLY? I can name one time I ever heard one on a VH record, and that was during the despicable Hagar era and on a song I couldn't name with a gun to my head. The fact that it came dressed up like the guitar on the second album cover only further muddied the waters.) and more often than not made little, if any sense (Flip-flops? Who in the hell wears flip-flops these days, other than those within 3 miles of a coastline?). The truth is, the "legend" of Edward Van Halen has been tarnished not by any new music sucking badly but by his second career as a gear whore. True, it was a bit of an improvement after his days as a publicly intoxicated, homeless-appearing embarrassment, yet not by much.

It also goes a long way toward explaining some of the pessimism some long-time fans happen to regard the current deluge of news and interest. For every ten folks out there looking at this whole deal with the thrill of anticipation, there are still 2-3 of us waiting for Lucy to jerk the football away as Charlie Brown runs up to kick it. I for one, refuse to apologize for that innate cynicism, as the band itself made every attempt to earn it.

53. 4 users say thank you to chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (12-31-2011),Hardrock69 (12-30-2011),SparkieD (12-30-2011),ZahZoo (01-02-2012)

Spark on the Horizon!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It also goes a long way toward explaining some of the pessimism some long-time fans happen to regard the current deluge of news and interest. For every ten folks out there looking at this whole deal with the thrill of anticipation, there are still 2-3 of us waiting for Lucy to jerk the football away as Charlie Brown runs up to kick it. I for one, refuse to apologize for that innate cynicism, as the band itself made every attempt to earn it.
    I'm one of the 2-3. Hell, somebody asked me if I was feeling okay when they announced tickets going on sale because I was so ho-hum about the news. I didn't even crack a smile about VH until I saw Dave's video. I don't think I've stopped smiling since seeing that.

55. 3 users say thank you to SparkieD for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (12-30-2011),Diamondjimi (12-31-2011),Hardrock69 (12-30-2011)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

GREAT Post!

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Just felt like embedding this...

Out of all the half-assed videos made during the last tour, this is my favorite, and it barely has a song in it....

I've been saying this for years here, but my favorite part of a concert is before it even starts, it's when the house lights go down and the band gets ready to start the show...

And as we all know, NO ONE does that better than Van Fucking Halen, people....

This was Opening Night last tour, in Charlotte, as the Mighty Van Halen took the stage....

Damn that was a good night!!! Best 140 bucks I ever spent!!!! I was on the upper level checking out all the VH merch and walked in to see the VH blimps flying around the arena - and I couldn't believe they were about to actually hit the stage, opening night, right here in Charlotte. Ran down to the lower level and got to my seat (nobody was sittin' down that night) and it was ON!!

Thread Information