I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      Younger than McCain in 2008, isn't he?

Fact is, the GOP loves to trot out the Relics.....

If they're breathing, they're leading tends to be the motto.....
      I went over to the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley. The main reason was to check out the presidential 707 that was used as Air Force One. The Gipper is buried under a lot of concrete. I like to joke that Nancy wanted a lot of concrete over Ron so the Republican Party wouldn't dig him up and parade him around.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

When in doubt [and out of hope].......

Post cartoons others drew.......
        No doubt, nor lack of hope.

Isn't yours the party of hope?

NDAA
        PATRIOT Act extended
        HR 347
        Military able to assassinate American Citizens
        Military able to arrest and hold Americans indefinitely without trial
        Drones authorized to patrol American skies
        War on Drugs extended to medical marijuana dispenseries
        Defends warrantless wiretapping laws

How's that workin' out for you?
        Last edited by Dr. Love; 03-13-2012, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
          No doubt, nor lack of hope.

Isn't yours the party of hope?

How's that workin' out for you?
          Pretty good, thanks

Especially when the alternatives are considered.....

See you in November, my friend........
          Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Pretty good, thanks

Especially when the alternatives are considered.....

See you in November, my friend........
            Lounge, you have my sympathy.

It's surprising you didn't like Bush. He was just a lighter-toned Obama.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Lounge, you have my sympathy.

It's surprising you didn't like Bush. He was just a lighter-toned Obama.
              And Paul is Nader without the party support.....

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

No surprise then that Nader supports Ron Paul.

Ralph Nader Hearts Ron Paul, Hails Potential Left-Libertarian Alliance
                Matt Welch | September 28, 2011

Michael Tracey, who wrote about restrictive teen-driving laws in the June issue of Reason, catches up with the consumer crusader for The American Conservative:

Looking ahead to the 2012 presidential race, one might assume that Nader has little to be cheerful about.

Yet he says there is one candidate who sticks out—who even gives him hope: Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. [...]

"Look at the latitude," Nader says, referring to the potential for cooperation between libertarians and the left. "Military budget, foreign wars, empire, Patriot Act, corporate welfare—for starters. When you add those all up, that's a foundational convergence. Progressives should do so good."

I thought I'd bring up the subject of Ron Paul with Nader after seeing the two jointly interviewed on Fox Business Channel in January. Nader had caught me off guard when he identified an emergent left-libertarian alliance as "today's most exciting new political dynamic." It was easy to foresee objections that the left might raise: if progressives are in favor of expanding the welfare state, how well can they really get along with folks who go around quoting the likes of Hayek and Rothbard?

"That's strategic sabotage," Nader responds, sharply. "It's an intellectual indulgence....If they're on your side, and you don't compromise your positions, what do you care who they quote? Franklin Delano Roosevelt sided with Stalin against Hitler. Not to draw that analogy, I'm just saying—why did he side with Stalin? Because Stalin went along with everything FDR wanted." [...]

"Libertarians like Ron Paul are on our side on civil liberties. They're on our side against the military-industrial complex. They're on our side against Wall Street. They're on our side for investor rights. That's a foundational convergence," he exhorts. "It's not just itty-bitty stuff." [...]

There are nascent movements underway to bring disaffected progressives into Ron Paul's fold. A new organization called Blue Republican, advertised on the Huffington Post and elsewhere, urges Democrats to pledge their support for Paul. While Nader isn't willing to endorse Paul's candidacy at this point, during our interview his praise grew increasingly effusive. "Ron Paul has always been anti-corporate, anti-Federal Reserve, anti-big banks, anti-bailouts," Nader says. "I mean, they view him in the same way they view me on a lot of these issues. Did you see the latest poll? He's like two points behind Obama."
                Michael Tracey, who wrote about restrictive teen-driving laws in the June issue of Reason, catches up with the consumer crusader...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I actually listened to an interview with Ron Paul and Ralph Nader. Ron Paul said he's a Libertarian but runs on the Republican ticket so he can get on all the country ballots. Ralph Nader said it's extremely expensive to run as an independent because you have to have a staff of people to go country to country and satisfy each protocol to get on the ballots. It's a real nightmare.

If anything it just shows how biased the Republican Party is and how corrupt it is. Ron Paul is pulling his own and should be equally treated with the rest of the candidates. The thing is, he's a big threat to the banking system and the war industry. The gravy train for the party.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

No surprise then that Nader supports Ron Paul.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/09/28/ra...ts-ron-paul-ha

This just in.....Titanic Supports the Andrea Gail!!!!!

omg.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

This just in.....Titanic Supports the Andrea Gail!!!!!

omg.
                      Lounge and Nick are the Roth Army's very own Statler and Waldorf.

And should be taken about a seriously.

(apologies to Statler and Waldorf for the unflattering comparison)

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

You're right. Doc....

Ron Paul will win the GOP Nomination, and Nick and I have been wrong all along.....

Hope you and ELBOW go easy on us in August when Ron is named the GOP Nominee...

lol

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

I know memory problems are common in your elder years but I did just say that I don't expect him to win.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Younger than McCain in 2008, isn't he?

Fact is, the GOP loves to trot out the Relics.....

If they're breathing, they're leading tends to be the motto.....

Look what happened to McCain, a guy that 10 years ago seemed reasonably sound.

First he chooses Palin as a running mate which was ludicrous for a million reasons and since then post election as far as I can make out has lost the plot totally veering all over the place.

Late 70s is too old to be president. Look at Reagan's second term which a lot of people like to forget about now, his brain had melted. The job is about decision making and judgement. Anyone that has ever been shopping with someone in their 70s knows that is not a job for them.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

First he chooses Palin as a running mate which was ludicrous for a million reasons and since then post election as far as I can make out has lost the plot totally veering all over the place.

Late 70s is too old to be president. Look at Reagan's second term which a lot of people like to forget about now, his brain had melted. The job is about decision making and judgement. Anyone that has ever been shopping with someone in their 70s knows that is not a job for them.
                              John McCain is very active in the Senate sponsoring bills that erode habeas corpus and promote a military police state and is totally on a tizzy fit right now for us to attack Iran. Most veterans I know want to avoid war at all costs. You would think a guy who was in the Hanoi Hilton would think the same. For some crazy reason John seems to love war and seems to loath basic human rights. The guy is fucked in the head and would be very dangerous in the White House.

As bad as Barrack Obama is and he's pretty fucking bad. I cringe to think of what a McCain/Palin white house would take us.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Yeah, the McCain of 2000 and the McCain of 2008 seemed like two entirely different guys. Hell, even I voted for him in the 2000 primary, because I thought a McCain presidency might have been tolerable, and I KNEW a Chimpy presidency would not be.

McCain did a lot of Chimp ass kissing in the years in between, which didn't help his reputation either, but the movie "Game Change" makes it clear exactly how much Moosealini ate his campaign. If you don't have HBO, look for it online, it's not hard to find
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...