Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

ron paul=awesome/kickass?

http://www.mrdestructo.com/2011/12/g...-ron-paul.html

long read..but...holy shit.

dude reads like an even more fucked up version of pRick perry.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

While it's true that these allegations about Ron Paul have been out there for years, it's probably the Newt camp that's pushing this right now, out of desperation. Newt's been bashing him in just about every way possible on FAUX and anywhere else somebody sticks a camera in his face.

I wonder when Newt will accuse Romney of the same thing, basing it on the long standing Mormon doctrine that black folks are descendants of the 1/3 of the angels who were too lazy to fight Satan?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. 2 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

Captain Obvious (02-08-2012),Unchainme (12-29-2011)

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The GOP is the epitome of fucked right now FORD..

there's no way any of these clowns beat obama. none.

5. Thanked Unchainme for this KICKASS post:

Little Texan (12-29-2011)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Paul's "rationalization/explanation" for those vile posts is pretty lame too. Sorry buddy, if you don't pay attention to what goes out in a newsletter with your name on it, you're clearly not qualified to run the country.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Paul's "rationalization/explanation" for those vile posts is pretty lame too. Sorry buddy, if you don't pay attention to what goes out in a newsletter with your name on it, you're clearly not qualified to run the country.
    bingo.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

First, they ignored him. Then, they dismissed him. Now, they're attacking him. Seems like they are pretty desperate to make sure he doesn't get any traction! And no wonder -- if he actually did make it, it would mean the end for a lot of special interests that drive life in the USA.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article113...-a-racist.html
    http://www.libertariannews.org/2011/...inst-ron-paul/
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...pelling/46753/

I don't believe he's a racist. And even if he were ... I wouldn't care.

9. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

Captain Obvious (02-08-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good point, I'm sure we should all hold David Lee Roth accountable for everything that is written on a message board bearing his name, especially since we're getting some attention and official recognition these days! I'm sure he reads it all and would have publically disavowed anything he disagreed with.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This is simply a smear campaign. Don't let people so brazenly manipulate you guys into believing something. Research both sides of it and come up with your own point of view.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment.

Linder joined Alex Jones for two segments on his KLBJ Sunday show this evening, during which he commented on the controversy created by media hit pieces that attempted to tarnish Paul as a racist by making him culpable for decades old newsletter articles written by other people.

"Knowing Ron Paul's intent, I think he is trying to improve this country but I think also, when you talk about the Constitution and you constantly criticize the federal government versus state I think a lot of folks are going to misconstrue that....so I think it's very easy for folks who want to to take his position out of context and that's what I'm hearing," said Linder.

"Knowing Ron Paul and having talked to him, I think he's a very fair guy I just think that a lot of folks do not understand the Libertarian platform," he added.

Asked directly if Ron Paul was a racist, Linder responded "No I don't," adding that he had heard Ron Paul speak out about police repression of black communities and mandatory minimum sentences on many occasions.

Dr. Paul has also publicly praised Martin Luther King as his hero on many occasions spanning back 20 years.

"I've read Ron Paul's whole philosophy, I also understand what he's saying from a political standpoint and why people are attacking him," said Linder.

"If you scare the folks that have the money, they're going to attack you and they're going to take it out of context," he added.

"What he's saying is really really threatening the powers that be and that's what they fear," concluded the NAACP President.
    Well, now the NAACP is defending racists! What has the world come to.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    This is simply a smear campaign. Don't let people so brazenly manipulate you guys into believing something. Research both sides of it and come up with your own point of view.
    You do realize that this place is populated with the most far left liberal mofo's on the face of the earth?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good point, I'm sure we should all hold David Lee Roth accountable for everything that is written on a message board bearing his name, especially since we're getting some attention and official recognition these days! I'm sure he reads it all and would have publically disavowed anything he disagreed with.
    Puh-leez. So far no one's written anything here claiming to be him... and sorry, being a racist is an automatic DQ for presidential aspirations too. That was his newsletter, and if he was allowing articles to be written under his name (and apparently he was, not the 1st time this has come up, and he DIDN'T disavow it in the past), and was too dumb to know one of the writers misrepresenting themselves as him was a racist homophobic douche? FAIL.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Who cares what Ron Paul said? He's not going to be on the ticket anyway.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

He may not be racist but he's definitely a homophobe!

http://www.anyclip.com/movies/bruno/ron-paul-interview/
    Last edited by Seshmeister; 12-29-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Puh-leez. So far no one's written anything here claiming to be him... and sorry, being a racist is an automatic DQ for presidential aspirations too. That was his newsletter, and if he was allowing articles to be written under his name (and apparently he was, not the 1st time this has come up, and he DIDN'T disavow it in the past), and was too dumb to know one of the writers misrepresenting themselves as him was a racist homophobic douche? FAIL.
    I know racism is your hot button. I just think it's unfortunate that you let others press it and manipulate you with it.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know racism is your hot button. I just think it's unfortunate that you let others press it and manipulate you with it.
    Oh that's not true at all Dr. Love.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

In Texas, he's lucky he didn't get shot (and I doubt anyone would have convicted Ron Paul if he had shot him).

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

ron paul reaction

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In Texas, he's lucky he didn't get shot (and I doubt anyone would have convicted Ron Paul if he had shot him).
    Shot just for misreading the signs?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think, watching the video, an invitation to a bedroom with a guy that puts on music, lights candles, starts dancing and then disrobes (and blocks the door) ... in Texas, yeah, that could very well get you severely hurt, and most citizens would not really blame the person for feeling threatened/protecting themselves.

Regardless, I've been watching more of the news lately and they are finally talking about Ron Paul but only to try to smear him further, claiming that he appeals only to a fringe element and that he doesn't have any real support in the US (despite being 20%+ in Iowa ... that's a huge fringe). Furthermore, they are trying very hard to make his votes look anti-minority/anti-gay by framing it as "Ron Paul votes against Rosa Parks getting the Congressional Gold Medal" when in fact he was voting against the government paying for it ... offering and challenging his fellow congressman to put forward money out of their own pockets to pay for it instead of paying for it with taxpayer money. Same thing with saying that Ron Paul supports laws against homosexuality. He believes the states should be able to pass their own laws and the federal government should be limited to it's constitutional mandate. No realistic person believes that a state will pass an ardently anti-homosexual law, but it's a nice way to twist the position to fit the agenda to commit slander and libel against him.

Again, why? Because his positions threaten to take power away from the powerful, to undermine and dismantle the establishment, and take the country down a path where the entrenched interests will lose power and influence. Ignoring him didn't undermine his traction, dismissing him didn't undermine his traction. So, now they will attack him.

The unfortunate thing is, he's not a very eloquent speaker, so he may have a harder time defending himself.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I could go on at length, but perhaps it's better for you guys to read up on his political positions yourselves, and make up your own minds and not let a news channel tell you what to think. Here's a good place to start, as it will help give a lot more direct quote information on his views on many, many things, including racism and homosexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...ns_of_Ron_Paul

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think, watching the video, an invitation to a bedroom with a guy that puts on music, lights candles, starts dancing and then disrobes (and blocks the door) ... in Texas, yeah, that could very well get you severely hurt, and most citizens would not really blame the person for feeling threatened/protecting themselves.
    I was only kidding I don't think Paul did anything wrong but violence never mind extreme violence in those circumstances says more about the person having doubts about their own sexuality than anything else.

Change the sex of Ron Paul in the scenario to female then she is far more vulnerable being physically weaker. If a girl went willingly into a bedroom with a guy with a film crew in an adjoining room it would be ok if she shot him the minute he dropped his pants?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post

There's an article around stating that most gays don't have a huge problem with Paul as his record regarding basic civil liberties is good...

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I could go on at length, but perhaps it's better for you guys to read up on his political positions yourselves, and make up your own minds and not let a news channel tell you what to think. Here's a good place to start, as it will help give a lot more direct quote information on his views on many, many things, including racism and homosexuality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politic...ns_of_Ron_Paul
    i've studied up a bit on ron paul. i definitely believe he's sincere. moreso than most, if not all members of congress. good for him. that said, sincerity, by itself, does not make up for absolutely loony economic policies, no matter how much you really believe in them.

my favorite is his, "let's let every American make up their own form of currency." because, the one thing this economy needs right now is 300 million potential exchange rates...

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    You do realize that this place is populated with the most far left liberal mofo's on the face of the earth?

Makes it interesting & fun for me. Otherwise we would just have threads with a hundred posts of "I agree".

28. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (12-29-2011)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knuckleboner View Post
    my favorite is his, "let's let every American make up their own form of currency." because, the one thing this economy needs right now is 300 million potential exchange rates...
    link/source?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't. And I've done my research on Dr. Paul. While I agree with him about ending the wars and a couple of other things, he'absolutely batshit on social issues. He also just picked up an endorsement from a zealot preacher who's most well-known for saying gays should be executed. Not helping his case...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    You would never hear these allegations come out if Ron Paul didn't have a chance at becoming the next president. I think the way the Republican establishment has treated him has been shameful. If you want war with Iran. More corporate bailouts. More debt. Go ahead and vote for the other Republicans. If you want a neocon agenda with a more socialist flavor, leave Obama in. Ron Paul is the only candidate to start focusing on this country instead of running 800 overseas bases, letting a private bank screw us, and bailing out corporations that should just go broke due to their own incompetence.

It's going to get nasty. I hope nobody shoots him.

32. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

gbranton (01-13-2012),ULTRAMAN VH (01-02-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't. And I've done my research on Dr. Paul. While I agree with him about ending the wars and a couple of other things, he'absolutely batshit on social issues. He also just picked up an endorsement from a zealot preacher who's most well-known for saying gays should be executed. Not helping his case...
    On the social issues, he's all about personal freedom and liberty, and about making sure that the federal government cannot tell you what you can/can't do ... only local and state governments would be able to legislate things like that. He wants to keep the federal government out of everything about your personal lives. Unless you mean abortion?

I could certainly understand and agree if you said his views on regulations were crazy, but on the social side, I don't understand. What do you disagree with in particular?

As for the preacher ... well, I'm not voting for a preacher, I'm voting for a President to start fixing things (not perpetuate the problem). I couldn't care less what the preacher thinks unless the candidate tells me he agrees with it. And given his record on the homosexuality issue, I extremely doubt he agrees with the preacher.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You can't run on a right wing ticket and not have some bat shit. Obama got some crazy backing too. If you want to nit pick you can dig dirt on anyone or connect some dots to some unsavory sources. Liberatarians tend to be hands off on social issues and a lot of right wing fringe lean that way. You are going to get some snake handlers give you a donation.

I look at the bigger picture. I want the Federal Reserve audited and I don't want war with Iran. Israel is not our friend and it's time to start rebuilding the US instead of policing the whole world with 800 overseas bases. I could care less about a little bat shit in the pool.

35. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Little Texan (12-29-2011),ULTRAMAN VH (01-02-2012)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Despite all of this, Ron Paul apparently had a good day today, as two key members of the Batshit Bachmann team defected to his camp. You know that's gotta hurt, 5 days before the fucking Iowa caucus

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    You can't run on a right wing ticket and not have some bat shit. Obama got some crazy backing too. If you want to nit pick you can dig dirt on anyone or connect some dots to some unsavory sources. Liberatarians tend to be hands off on social issues and a lot of right wing fringe lean that way. You are going to get some snake handlers give you a donation.

I look at the bigger picture. I want the Federal Reserve audited and I don't want war with Iran. Israel is not our friend and it's time to start rebuilding the US instead of policing the whole world with 800 overseas bases. I could care less about a little bat shit in the pool.
    Then you support throwing every last Republican and false "Democrat" in Congress, right?

Because the ONLY way Ron Paul can even be considered as President, is with a solid Liberal majority in both houses of Congress, which will gladly help him stop the PNAC imperialism, and either abolish/seriously reform the "Federal" Reserve. Maybe even legalize weed. But they would also prevent him from enacting a Randtard fairytale agenda which would be this country's worse nightmare.

Ron Paul with a teabagger Congress would have all of us begging for the "good old days" of a brain dead Chimp in office.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Terrible analogy....

But great siggy....

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    You would never hear these allegations come out if Ron Paul didn't have a chance at becoming the next president...
    I have more of a chance of being the next president than Ron Paul does...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Despite all of this, Ron Paul apparently had a good day today, as two key members of the Batshit Bachmann team defected to his camp. You know that's gotta hurt, 5 days before the fucking Iowa caucus
    Maybe, but one of his longtime advisers quit and said that Paul's foreign policy would be unconscionably disastrous...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Then you support throwing every last Republican and false "Democrat" in Congress, right?

Because the ONLY way Ron Paul can even be considered as President, is with a solid Liberal majority in both houses of Congress, which will gladly help him stop the PNAC imperialism, and either abolish/seriously reform the "Federal" Reserve. Maybe even legalize weed. But they would also prevent him from enacting a Randtard fairytale agenda which would be this country's worse nightmare.

Ron Paul with a teabagger Congress would have all of us begging for the "good old days" of a brain dead Chimp in office.
    I think you have inhaled too much of the Democrat establishment propaganda. The reality is this country is going to go through a tough stretch. You are going to have to fare for yourself for awhile because the government is too broke and screwed up to help you. What we first have to break is the central bank control over the money. Then we wipe out the debt we owe to the Federal Reserve. Our biggest creditor actually. Washington is nothing more than a giant ponzi scheme. Once that is done then we can see where we are at and then look into doing some of these social programs you Democrats like. For what we are spending on the big military machine a single payer national insurance program would be a pitance. But what I have learned from Obama is the Democrat establishment wants to keep the war/oil machine going too. They just sell it differeent than the neocons do.

The truth is the American citizens are not liable for the Federal Government debt. The Federal Government only exists in the District of Columbia and it's a corporation. Why are we getting stuck with it's debts? Then when you look at it, the Federal Reserve ponzi scheme is generating a good share of that debt. It's one big shell game and we are being stuck with the shitty end of the stick while our value is getting sent to off shore bank accounts.

The only candidate I see that is wiling to break that scam is Ron Paul. Who cares about the social issues. We will never agree on those and frankly, the government should stay out of it anyways. I just want the government to fix the roads, keep monopolies from taking everything over and keep the huns from invading. Also, if someone is breaking the constitution it needs to go to Supreme Court. I mean the role of the Federal Government is suppossed to be a small role. The states are supossed to run themselves. It's when the government got into bed with the Federal Reserve they started buying the states off with the funny money and controlling everything. It's not how the system was meant to work. The country is too big to be ran by a central government. If one sector wants to be right wing so be it. If another sector wants gay marriage and legal pot so be it. Let the states decide and move to what suits your lifestyle. That will get rid of the petty social issue bickering in Washington that accomplishes nothing.

42. 2 users say thank you to Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (12-30-2011),ULTRAMAN VH (01-02-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    I have more of a chance of being the next president than Ron Paul does...
    I look forward to seeing where you place in the Iowa Caucuses then!

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

I remember in California during the late 80's coming home from a party, and the only television shows on at 2am were the Wally George show, and this assface Morton Downey Jr.
    It was the first time I had seen and heard of Ron Paul, and after watching this again almost 30 years later, I realize that the man has stuck to his guns and hasn't changed his point of view...at all.
    There's something to be said for that...

Last edited by hambon4lif; 12-30-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Maybe, but one of his longtime advisers quit and said that Paul's foreign policy would be unconscionably disastrous...
    Quite the contrary... foreign policy is probably one area where he would be better than Obama, let alone any of the other Repukes. No more PNAC bullshit.

It's his domestic policy that would be a disaster - if not blocked by a Liberal congress.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-11-2020 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I think as of today, Ron Paul is the closest thing there is to a third party candidate....or more like a second party candidate; since other than ideological rhetoric, The Dems and GOP seem pretty much the same

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lesfunk View Post
    I think as of today, Ron Paul is the closest thing there is to a third party candidate....or more like a second party candidate; since other than ideological rhetoric, The Dems and GOP seem pretty much the same
    Exactly. Let's not kid ourselves. There is never going to be the perfect candidate. At least with Ron Paul you know what you are getting. He's been out there selling the same ideas for a long time. Sarah Palin and Obama basically were products of the media Johnny come latelys. Then you have wish wash Mitt and the old guard Newt. Someone is putting big bribe bucks out to stir some shit with Iran.

What the Democrats and Republicans really have in common is they both are easily bribed by the same special interests and really amazingly do the same shit when they get in office. That is, keep the war machine going, put corporations above the average citizen, and do back room deals, and steal from the treasury. I bet Democrats and Republicans both have fat Swiss bank accounts in the same banks.

Thread Information