X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    If that's true, the Republicans are getting a raw deal. Democrats get more money from lobbyists.
    Other than the fact that the sitting president is a Democrat, feel free to substantiate that. Especially when compared to Bush and Cheney in the mid-2000's...

In fact, I'm pretty sure you didn't have problems with Lobbyists back then...

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      What's he supposed to do? Jerkoff to Michelle Bachmann while watching the GOP debates as they amass cash? I doubt you complained about Dumbya's "glorified fundraisers" against that evil ketchup monster Kerry in 2004...
      I'm complaining more the older I get. I look back at Bush and I see a guy who never saw a spending bill he didn't like, got us involved in too much nation building, and generally was just a disappointment.

Obama said "get the special interests out of politics" back in 2007. Here we are in 2012 and he's just the same as all the other ones who rolled through. No "hope and change", just "more of the same". He's like George Bush on steroids.

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        These are the people you have to worry about.

I don't understand all the stuff you see about Obama being corrupt. Ineffective yes but what is the motivation for him to be corrupt money wise? He lives in a guilded cage. If he wants to go back to Chicago they close all the streets for a few blocks around his house and put black drapes over the windows to stop snipers. If he goes to Hawaii to go scuba diving they close the beach, the airspace above the beach and 30 Secret Service guys with underwater guns get in the sea with him.

When he retires he retains all sorts of shit, he gets a big pension and knows that he can make a few million a year salary from doing a dozen speeches a year. Money is not an issue for him.
        In this case, money is only a means to an end ... the real goal is power. That's the goal for everyone that wants to become President. To be powerful. What they do with that power, how they go about getting that power, what bargains they make to get the money to get the power ... that's what you can judge about how corrupt they are. When politicians (any of them, including Ron Paul) sell out the people to appeal to a constituency that helps them get elected, or re-elected, that is corrupt behavior.

They are all corrupt to some degree or another. It just depends on how they get the power, and what they do with it once they get it.
        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Remember during the debate with McCain, Obama said:

"We need to eliminate a whole host of programs that don't work. And I want to go through the federal budget line by line, page by page, programs that don't work, we should cut. Programs that we need, we should make them work better."

What has he cut? He doubled down on everything. What's he going to add to the federal debt after one term? $6 trillion? Speaking of that, why hasn't Harry Reid passed a budget in the Senate in over 900 days? Isn't that dereliction of duty?

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                In this case, money is only a means to an end ... the real goal is power. That's the goal for everyone that wants to become President. To be powerful. What they do with that power, how they go about getting that power, what bargains they make to get the money to get the power ... that's what you can judge about how corrupt they are. When politicians (any of them, including Ron Paul) sell out the people to appeal to a constituency that helps them get elected, or re-elected, that is corrupt behavior.

They are all corrupt to some degree or another. It just depends on how they get the power, and what they do with it once they get it.

I think the big corruption in US politics is in plain view, it's campaign funding.

A system where you need to spend 5 hours a day the whole time you are in office begging money for your next campaign is completely insane. Shitty job too, so even if they aren't affected by who gives them money by definition you are going to get politicians who are good at getting money out of people for campaign funds which is not necessarily the same kind of person who is good at governing.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I agree (and Ron Paul doesn't ... gasp!! I'm turning a blind eye again!!)

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'd like Nick to take all the current "major" presidential contenders from the following list and order them from Most Corrupt to Least Corrupt.

President Obama
                    Speaker Gingrich
                    Congressman Paul
                    Senator Santorum
                    Governor Romney

I'm very interested to see where he ranks each in comparison to the other.
                    I'll take a shot at this.... from most to least corrupt....

Newt
                    Mittens
                    Google Boy
                    Barry
                    Paul

Now that said, he's still a Randtard, and would still destroy this country, if not held back by a solid LIBERAL majority in both houses of Congress.

It may be true that "he can't be bought". But when the very things he professes to believe in - right wing Libertarianism - removes all regulation and kills half the government, they don't have to buy him. He's already theirs for free. Unless there's a Congress that can stop him from doing so.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

So why doesn't GE and other major corporations align behind him and use their corporate billions and media machines to put him in the Presidency?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Because he can't win...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

oh, how could I forget!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So why doesn't GE and other major corporations align behind him and use their corporate billions and media machines to put him in the Presidency?
                            Because GE is also a "defense" contractor, and they are making big piles of money off the Chimp's wars (and the fact that Obama kept them going). They like hearing Newt, Froth boy, and the dog abuser ranting about how they can't wait to start World War III in Iran.

Ron Paul's no use to the "defense" industry, but that would be the obvious execption to the corporate love of his total deregulation fantasies.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've had dealings with GE over the years and while I've met people there I get on with the company ethos is fucking harsh.

They sack people not for being bad at their jobs but just for not being as good at their jobs as other people. For example they do shit like culls whereby they just sack their bottom 10% of people even of they have been doing ok. Very Glengarry Glen Ross.

Any time I wonder what I am doing without any security ducking and diving running my own little company with no company pension or security I only need to talk for 5 minutes to a GE person to remind me why.

Personally I think harsh company ethos like that is self defeating in the same way the Nazi's were doomed because they were cunts. I'm no expert and don't want to be but anecdotally I think fear is very bad for organisations and I can almost smell it when I meet GE people.

Sorry I've wandered off topic completely...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Comment

Working...