ron paul=awesome/kickass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Love View Post
    I'd like to think he would but I dunno. Too many Tea Partiers claim to either be of the Ron Paul line of thought or the Sarah Palin line of thought...
    Which in and of itself scares the fuck out of me!

The Tea Party is done....their influence is waning and by the next mid-terms they'll be a footnote!
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

I'd like to think he would but I dunno. Too many Tea Partiers claim to either be of the Ron Paul line of thought or the Sarah Palin line of thought...
      There really is no Tea Party anymore. It has been sucked into the Republican Party and the Republican Party has a civil war going on inside of it. You have the far right vs the more moderate Ron Paul supporters. The Democrats always need a scape goat to finger preferably a radical gun toting extreme one so really, the Tea Party image was created out of thin air by the Democrats. If anything, these would be your Santorum backers. Ron Paul supporters are not necessarily your typical Republican fodder. It's the typical Republican fodder that are trying to shut him down and get rid of him. So I would say Tea Bagger is just the new term for what we used to call the Religious Right or Extreme Right. They sure as hell aren't supporting Ron Paul I can tell you that.

Where the Tea Party failed is they didn't stand as Americans, they stood as Republicans, took the dirty money and latched on to the dirty participants. It was over as soon as Sarah Palin blessed the movement and they accepted her. I would say Occupy Wall Street, Anonymous, even Oath Keepers are what the Tea Party should have been. You have to stand for values and you have to be open to including everyone regardless of party. As soon as you become endorsed by any party, you lose control of your movement.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-23-2012, 03:02 AM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

I hope so
        If there wasn't a huge scandal brewing and possible jail time in the cards....she would of finished her term and ran on the national stage, period!
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
          She knows what she's doing. She has to appeal to the extreme right wing who only care about over turning Roe vs Wade and so called family values. The crowd that believe God really did set up the United States as a zion to save the world from. So she's backing Santorum because his base is her base. She can sell them lots of books, radio shows, magazines, and get speaking money talking in their megga super church's. Nothing more than niche marketing. It's no deeper than that and it's all about $$$$$$$$$.
          You can dress her up in pretty clothes and try to help her speak in complete sentences but at the end of the day a whore is still a whore......

Comment

• Originally posted by kwame k View Post
            Yep, that's exactly why she didn't finish her term as Governor and can never run on a national stage again.....once her looks fade, she's gone!
            She needs to pose for Playboy before they do.

Comment

• Nah, not when she can whore herself out to Fox and speaking engagements!

Comment

• Alright fellas.....I'll see ya guys tomorrow for the never ending Ron Paul will never win the nom saga

Comment

• Originally posted by kwame k View Post
                  If there wasn't a huge scandal brewing and possible jail time in the cards....she would of finished her term and ran on the national stage, period!
                  She's an attention whore and likes money. No different than the average politician. The money politicians can make now is bigger than it ever has been. When I was a kid a US Congressman was a personal friend of my dad's. The guy was middle class. We stayed at their home in the Washington DC area when we were back there seeing all the historical sites on a family trip. Nothing fancy and when the guy was done serving in public office he went back home and ran his agricultural businesses. Now these guys make big money and live in some pretty nice homes. It's all the lobby money.

It used to be that former presidents would just disappear. Since Georg H.W. Bush they become multi millionares selling their influence. I mean Clinton has made a shit load of money because Bush showed him how to play the game. Many people don't know it but Bill Clinton was in on the Iran Contra thing by allowing the drugs to fly into Arkansas un harrassed. The Bush CIA was always running drugs and still do. Bill was on the take and played the game. They were always friends.

The problem now is almost every politician is a life timer. They are just there to make as much money as possible. They only serve themselves.

Comment

• I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Report: Debt will swell under top GOP hopefuls’ tax plans

The national debt is likely to balloon under tax policies championed by three of the four major Republican candidates for president, according to an independent analysis of tax and spending proposals so far offered by the candidates.

The lone exception is Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who would pair a big reduction in tax rates with even bigger cuts in government services, slicing about $2 trillion from future borrowing.

According to the report — set for release Thursday by U.S. Budget Watch, a project of the bipartisan Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget — former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum and former House speaker Newt Gingrich would do the most damage to the nation’s finances, offering tax and spending policies likely to require trillions of dollars in fresh borrowing.

Both men have proposed to sharply cut taxes but have not identified spending cuts sufficient to make up for the lost cash, the report said. By 2021, the debt would rise by about $4.5 trillion under Santorum’s policies and by about $7 trillion under those advocated by Gingrich, pushing the portion of the debt held by outside investors to well over 100 percent of the nation’s economy.

The red ink would gush less heavily under former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, the report said — at least under earlier Romney proposals that paired $1.35 trillion in tax cuts with $1.2 trillion in spending reductions and would leave the debt rising on a trajectory that closely tracks current policies.

But that probably changed Wednesday, when Romney tacked to the right and proposed to cut federal income tax rates by an additional 20 percent for all earners — an idea that could easily slash federal revenues by another $3.5 trillion over the next decade, said Edward Kleinbard, a University of Southern California law professor and former chief tax analyst for Congress.

In a late-night addendum Wednesday, analysts for U.S. Budget Watch set a slightly lower price for the new tax provisions, suggesting that Romney’s entire budget framework would add about $2.6 trillion to the debt by 2021.

Only Paul emerged as a fiscal conservative in the report. His policies would cut tax revenues by more than $5 trillion over the next decade, the report said, but the revenue loss would be offset by more than $7 trillion in spending cuts, including deep reductions in defense and federal health programs.

The report marks the first independent attempt to gauge the overall impact of policies proposed by the GOP candidates on the nation’s $15.4 trillion debt.

“As we enter the thick of the campaign season, no one can ignore the debt issue,” said Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, which works actively to support debt-reduction efforts in Washington. “This report is designed to inform the public on the fiscal policies put forward by each of the Republican candidates and stimulate debate on this crucial topic.”

The report does not include an analysis of President Obama’s latest budget request, which claims to reduce borrowing by $3 trillion over the next decade. The group plans to do its own analysis of Obama’s request in a future report. The group said it also plans to update the GOP proposals as they evolve and add details.

The report does not seek to offer support to any candidate, and its authors have gone to great lengths to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. For example, the report offers three scenarios for each candidate: a “low-debt scenario” based on the most generous assumptions about vague changes in policy and a “high-debt scenario” that gives credit only for specific policy proposals.

The numbers cited above are taken from the report’s “intermediate-debt scenario,” which “gives credit for non-specified changes to certain part of the budget (for example, reducing non-defense discretionary spending by a percentage)” even if the candidate has not identified specific policy changes.
                      An independent analysis of tax and spending proposals offered by Republican presidential hopefuls Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich showed that Paul’s plan was the only one that would not increase the national debt.
                      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

Comment

• Let's jam!!!

Comment

• Now let's hear Ron Paul sing the blues like that
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• He'd probably sound better than Romney...

Comment

• .....and keep it fiscally sound, too

Comment

• I knew you'd come around, kwame, with enough propaganda!

Comment

Working...
                                X