ron paul=awesome/kickass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Santorum just continues to make himself look stupid by saying stuff that isn't true.
    If he makes it up as he goes along, it must be true...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
      Sheer fantasy. Most actual economists without an irrational ideological bent will tell you a return to the Gold Standard is not only silly as there isn't enough gold in the world to actually do it, it would throw the economy into chaos...
      The economy is in chaos...world wide...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh View Post
        Sheer fantasy. Most actual economists without an irrational ideological bent will tell you a return to the Gold Standard is not only silly as there isn't enough gold in the world to actually do it, it would throw the economy into chaos...
        Which was the point I made about 20 pages ago

It does illustrate the need to back up your outrageous claims with an actual plan of execution........in the purest sense, a Gold Standard would be better but it's a fairy tale and a feel good talking point in the modern economy that has zero chance of ever being implemented.

It's common sense.....like you pointed out Nick and my point. We don't have enough Gold to back the money in circulation now.....so how what do you do with the difference?

Throw those trillions of dollars away?

Yeah, that'll help
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• you guys crack me up ...

RP does have a plan. It's available and detailed on how to accomplish it. There are also multiple videos of him explaining it as well.

I think all you're saying, kwame, is that we have this huge problem of inflation because there's too many dollars being printed. So what's the solution? Print more money and just hope no one notices? Or take action to correct the problem?

Allow gold/silver to compete with the dollar, with retailers able to set prices in each denomination. With a constrained supply of gold/silver, the metal becomes more valuable -- and prices adjust to reflect that traded value. Slowly you phase out use of the dollar as it becomes priced out of the market. It's a reflection of the reality of the situation. When you can just invent money out of thin air, it has no value.

Look at that chart again and think about it. If speculators are to blame for the wild fluctuations in the price per barrel of oil in dollars, why has the price in ounces of gold remained pretty consistent? Could it be that the supply of gold has remained fairly fixed, and therefore the value is steady, whereas supply of dollars has been increasing drastically, and therefore the value is degrading?

The price of oil affects so many things. Think about how much money you have to spend to fill up your car, to buy groceries and other goods. Is a loaf of bread more valuable than it used to be? Or does it simply cost more now? Why would it cost more if it doesn't have any additional intrinsic value, especially if manufacturing processes increase efficiency?

I know it's an oversimplification and that there are a lot more components to the equation. But at the heart of things, it's fairly straightforward: The more dollars that exist, the less value they all hold, and the purchasing power of each is decreased

There's no such thing as "not enough", as prices will adjust to match supply.
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Plus, gold is being mined at a greater rate than at any time in history...

But they won't tell you that...

Comment

• I hate to tell you all this but Ron Paul doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell of getting the nomination.

Comment

• I predict he will switch to run as independant...

He can beat both Oblama and Romoney...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagermeister View Post
                  I hate to tell you all this but Ron Paul doesn't have a snow balls chance in hell of getting the nomination.
                  Well, Sanitorium is telling everyone NOT to go to school otherwise they'll end up like Obama.

Ron Paul may never get a pass from the bluebloods, but I've never heard the man say anything that fucking stupid....

I'm about 100% convinced at this point that the 'Pukes are throwing this election.

Comment

• Originally posted by hambon4lif View Post
                    Well, Sanitorium is telling everyone NOT to go to school otherwise they'll end up like Obama.

Ron Paul may never get a pass from the bluebloods, but I've never heard the man say anything that fucking stupid....

I'm about 100% convinced at this point that the 'Pukes are throwing this election.
                    Troubled times indeed. Certainly a cause for great concern.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                      I predict he will switch to run as independant...

He can beat both Oblama and Romoney...
                      It's funny how you always seem to come around to my way of thinking eventually....

Better late than never.
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Love View Post
                          you guys crack me up ...

RP does have a plan. It's available and detailed on how to accomplish it. There are also multiple videos of him explaining it as well.

I think all you're saying, kwame, is that we have this huge problem of inflation because there's too many dollars being printed. So what's the solution? Print more money and just hope no one notices? Or take action to correct the problem?
                          I've never said just print more money....what I said 20 pages ago was that if you just switched over to a Gold Standard you'd ruin the World economy. I said it would have to be phased in over a decade or so.

Allow gold/silver to compete with the dollar, with retailers able to set prices in each denomination. With a constrained supply of gold/silver, the metal becomes more valuable -- and prices adjust to reflect that traded value. Slowly you phase out use of the dollar as it becomes priced out of the market. It's a reflection of the reality of the situation. When you can just invent money out of thin air, it has no value.
                          WTF, Doc. How could that even be possible? The collapse of the Dollar would be severe and swift. Other countries would demand that oil stop being traded in dollars......the trillions of dollars in bonds that the Chinese and other countries have, they would demand payment immediately. Total economic collapse.

Look at that chart again and think about it. If speculators are to blame for the wild fluctuations in the price per barrel of oil in dollars, why has the price in ounces of gold remained pretty consistent? Could it be that the supply of gold has remained fairly fixed, and therefore the value is steady, whereas supply of dollars has been increasing drastically, and therefore the value is degrading?
                          You're comparing apples to oranges....oil IS traded in dollars and NOT gold, period. Your chart is useless based on that fact. Gold has always been and will always be more stable by it's very nature and I have never said we shouldn't go back to a Gold Standard it's just how we do it is the massive problem.

The price of oil affects so many things. Think about how much money you have to spend to fill up your car, to buy groceries and other goods. Is a loaf of bread more valuable than it used to be? Or does it simply cost more now? Why would it cost more if it doesn't have any additional intrinsic value, especially if manufacturing processes increase efficiency?
                          I understand that 90% of all consumer goods are trucked to the point of purchase....I've started several threads here over the years on that very subject. Here again, oil speculators are the cause of the problem. Having better rail systems would go a long way in helping get goods to market and the cost to move a ton of product verse the amount of fuel is way in favor of rail than trucking.

I know it's an oversimplification and that there are a lot more components to the equation. But at the heart of things, it's fairly straightforward: The more dollars that exist, the less value they all hold, and the purchasing power of each is decreased

There's no such thing as "not enough", as prices will adjust to match supply.
                          It's a fairy tale, bro......at least right now it is.

I'd love to see a Gold type Standard but it can't happen over night. It'd take a decade at least and the biggest problem is WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH GOLD IN THE RESERVE TO BACK THE DOLLARS THAT WE HAVE OUT THERE

The last President who actually seen our gold reserves was Ronald Reagan and IIRC, the room that houses our gold reserves is something like 20 x 60!
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• The action figures are now available.

The Ron Paul Chiahead should be out shortly.

It takes a while for the Franklin Mint to get the commemorative plates and coins out.

I guess you become a wanking doll after you win the presidency.
                            Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-27-2012, 07:53 PM.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Love View Post
                              um... what?

If we got paid in gold/silver coins, we could still invest it. It would be money, just like dollars are today. The difference would be ... the federal reserve couldn't just invent more of it out of thin air.
                              the incentive to invest with dollars that ultimately decpreciate is far greater than it would be if you felt that the buying power of your curreny would always stay the same.

nonetheless, tying a currency to the value of a completly arbitrary element, the demand for which, outside of its value as currency peg, may increase (as is the case with the use of gold for electronics) is no more economically sound than relying on notes officially pegged to nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoungeMachine View Post
                                It's funny how you always seem to come around to my way of thinking eventually....

Better late than never.
                                no chance. ron paul knows that under no circumstances could he win a general election. none. zero. absolutely impossible.

he won't run as an indepenent (and still lose, but guarantee an obama victory), because he wants rand to be able to run at some point. if ron runs on a 3rd party and obama wins, republicans will blame him and torpedo any chance rand had. if, instead, ron puts up a semi-credible primary showing, but lose (which he will, guaranteed), if obama wins in 2012, the argument will go that if only they'd listened to the dr. paul brand, this would've been avoided. so to avoid clinton-biden 2016, go with rand.

Comment

Working...
                                X