Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    No, you're too bright for that.....

But shilling for a wack-job with ZERO chance of winning the White House is just plain stupid.

I agree with supporting the ideas, but Ron Paul is unelectable plain and simple.

duh.
    In the US, you have to support the people that espouse the ideas that you support; With a large swell of support for the individual (especially like Ron Paul), people begin to look at and take the ideas more seriously. Look at what you see in the campaign, with Newt recently endorsing the idea of a return to the gold standard, with other republicans (like jim demint) calling for other republicans to adopt ideas from his platform.

I don't think Ron Paul will be elected, but I want a lot of the things he talks about to be a major part of the discussion this election cycle. To me, that is a big victory.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    The idiot is your mom...

But Paul is not sold out to a political party, fool...
    My mom is dead, swamprat.

I never said Ron Paul sold out, you inbred, idiotic mouthbreathing racist troll.....

I said he can't win the White House.

Learn to read, Cracker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He can't, Swampthing.

Tell you what, let's make a Romoney style bet....

IF Ron Paul wins the White House, I'll never darken this site again.....

IF Ron Paul doesn't win the White House.....you leave forever.

DEAL????
    No, I don't bet...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    I don't think Ron Paul will be elected, but I want a lot of the things he talks about to be a major part of the discussion this election cycle. To me, that is a big victory.
    Which is exactly what I've been saying.....

I agree with him on most things..... BUT HE CANT WIN

Jesus fucking christ.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, I don't bet...
    Of course you don't....

Because you're a sac-less windbag full of shit.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My mom is dead, swamprat.

I never said Ron Paul sold out, you inbred, idiotic mouthbreathing racist troll.....

I said he can't win the White House.

Learn to read, Cracker.
    It's you that misreads my posts...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    I'm all for the States rights to govern themselves but I can not agree with his policies/agenda, period!

How is my statement an over-simplification?

You disagree with a major portion of his platform, yet, you have a naive hope that Congress will reign him in and not let him push his agenda forward.

So you support someone you hope will not get his way
    Do you agree with every political stance of every candidate that you vote for/support? Or do you focus on the issues that matter most to you? I am certain there things that your favored politicians do that you disagree with. Does that mean they don't deserve your support? (I suppose it depends on what they do)

I'm a pragmatist; I think there is merit to a lot of what Dr. Paul talks about. The things he can do unilaterally, I support. The things he can't do unilaterally, I don't necessarily support in full but I think that it merits a discussion.

I think issues like monetary policy, fiscal policy, regulation, foreign interventionism, military spending, federal/state rights and a host of other things should be discussed and the appropriate legislation should be enacted as a result.

I support someone who I think will get some of his way, but not all of it, at least, not in the areas I'm not in full alignment on. And I think that's a very pragmatic and realistic point of view to take given the system we operate under.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course you don't....

Because you're a sac-less windbag full of shit.
    You must be drunk...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Well, that was what I was alluding to....

When Obama is reelected, and if you assume that the Reps keep the House (which is in jeopardy) and the Dems control the Senate, you're right, it won't matter, 'cause the Reps will just block everything for another four years.....
    I think this election will be a wake up call for the obstructionist in both the House and the Senate......Americans are sick and tired of this nonsense. With Congress' disapproval rating at a historic high of 80% people are not going to reelect those obstructionists......be it in Nov or the mid-terms in 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Which is exactly what I've been saying.....

I agree with him on most things..... BUT HE CANT WIN

Jesus fucking christ.
    I know what you're saying. I've read it at least a few dozen times by now.

But until enough people are vocal and actively supporting the positions he holds that they agree with (regardless of the candidate), the issues won't be heard by the rest of the political system.

For the record, if and when Paul loses the nomination, I'll probably vote for Gary Johnson. I'm still researching him.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Do you agree with every political stance of every candidate that you vote for/support? Or do you focus on the issues that matter most to you? I am certain there things that your favored politicians do that you disagree with. Does that mean they don't deserve your support? (I suppose it depends on what they do)

I'm a pragmatist; I think there is merit to a lot of what Dr. Paul talks about. The things he can do unilaterally, I support. The things he can't do unilaterally, I don't necessarily support in full but I think that it merits a discussion.

I think issues like monetary policy, fiscal policy, regulation, foreign interventionism, military spending, federal/state rights and a host of other things should be discussed and the appropriate legislation should be enacted as a result.

I support someone who I think will get some of his way, but not all of it, at least, not in the areas I'm not in full alignment on. And I think that's a very pragmatic and realistic point of view to take given the system we operate under.
    I agree with everything in this post....

Doesn't change the facts that RP can't win, and ELBOW is a Swamp dwelling moron.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think this election will be a wake up call for the obstructionist in both the House and the Senate......Americans are sick and tired of this nonsense. With Congress' disapproval rating at a historic high of 80% people are not going to reelect those obstructionists......be it in Nov or the mid-terms in 2 years.
    Not if people vote for the status quo. What possible incentive will they have to change their habits if people aren't voting them out and replacing them with people that don't behave the same?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You must be drunk...
    You must be stupid....

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not if people vote for the status quo. What possible incentive will they have to change their habits if people aren't voting them out and replacing them with people that don't behave the same?
    You're putting the onus on the people

When we both know that until there is real campaign finance reform no Ron Paul can ever get elected.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Agreed, it's not going to change....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    everything has to start and end with the people ... We elect the people who appoint the judges who have put us in this situation... and until we elect people that will enact what we want, we'll have what we have now ... and it will continue to be status quo.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    everything has to start and end with the people ... We elect the people who appoint the judges who have put us in this situation... and until we elect people that will enact what we want, we'll have what we have now ... and it will continue to be status quo.
    Agreed.....

But you're trying to start AT THE TOP with a presidential nomination destined for the Hagar infested cut-out bin.....

If Ron Paul was running for City Council, you'd have something.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Of course I don't agree with everything a candidate believes but when a major part of their platform is reckless, to say the least, I start looking elsewhere for someone to support.

And that's your right....I personally can't support him on the issues I disagree with to the point where I'll never vote for him.

I agree whole heartily......The problem is, no one is giving Paul any print on these issues and his party is violently opposed to these views. If your own party doesn't want you elected....well, what else is there to say!

So you're hoping he gets his way only for the things you agree on and pray he doesn't get his way on the things you disagree with......my question to you has to become then.....what IF he does get his way with the things you disagree with!

Are you really willing to risk that?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There is a lot of merit for having ideas discussed on a national stage, listened to by people who believe in the idea even if it doesn't win this time, who can then turn and change the system from the bottom up by electing people who share the same philosophy.

I think there is more promise in making a national impact when things are discussed nationally, rather than starting locally and slowly bubbling up.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The Chinese have a saying "That you may live in interesting times." Indeed we do. I think the You Tube above best describes where we are now and what the situation really is. Nobody saw the internet coming. It just happened. It caught huge high tech companies like Microsoft by surprise. It created new companies like Google and Amazon over night. Type and click search has been with the average Joe for about 15 years and it's changed the world. People are indeed awakening and the old ways of doing things are desperately trying to hang onto business even to the point of being very brutish and thuggish. Like dictators of the past, they hate free speech and a open media format they don't control.

People are indeed awakening and now it's all about the details of what that really entails. That is one reason this won't be an election as usual. Ron Paul is the first internet candidate that has held his own against the more traditional big media candidates. It's the new vs the old duking it out.

Of course the old guard like Zibignew Brezinski want to spin the new awakening back into an old guard system they control but they clearly know the situation we are now in. In short, nobody knows where it's going to go but it sure as hell won't be the same as it was.

The internet changed the media and business world and now it's going to change the political world. The old newspapers and traditional media no longer enjoy the power they once had. Then of course the two major political parties are old too. If anything, this all exposes their biased corruption as well.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-22-2012 at 11:21 PM.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The Chinese have a saying "That you may live in interesting times."
    Excellent "Disclosure" reference....

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I believe that the incumbents are going to get their asses handed to them over the next 3 years and that will be the wake up call for the House and the Senate.

Obama's going to be the next President unless a viable 3rd party candidate comes out of the woodwork......no one on the Repuke's side is going to win.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So you're hoping he gets his way only for the things you agree on and pray he doesn't get his way on the things you disagree with......my question to you has to become then.....what IF he does get his way with the things you disagree with!

Are you really willing to risk that?
    Yes.

I don't have any illusions the guy is going to win. I'd like it, if he did. But I'll take the next best thing -- that his ideas are adopted by other candidates in both parties that recognize how they resonate with the people and have his candidacy be a catalyst for a change in the discussion.

Does the media give him a fair shake? No. But he's done well enough in 2 out of 3 elections so far despite it, and his ideas are still being discussed in the debates.

I consider that a net win.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I believe that the incumbents are going to get their asses handed to them over the next 3 years and that will be the wake up call for the House and the Senate.

Obama's going to be the next President unless a viable 3rd party candidate comes out of the woodwork......no one on the Repuke's side is going to win.
    We'll see... I hope so.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I don't have any illusions the guy is going to win. .
    Whew...

I was starting to worry.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Whew...

I was starting to worry.
    But I still think things would be terribly fun if he did.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But I still think things would be terribly fun if he did.
    Couldn't agree more.....

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    There is a lot of merit for having ideas discussed on a national stage, listened to by people who believe in the idea even if it doesn't win this time, who can then turn and change the system from the bottom up by electing people who share the same philosophy.

I think there is more promise in making a national impact when things are discussed nationally, rather than starting locally and slowly bubbling up.
    I agree.....that's why I vote in every election on every level.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I

Obama's going to be the next President unless a viable 3rd party candidate comes out of the woodwork.......
    Fucking drummers......

ANY 3rd party candidate from the Right would guarantee an Obama win.. [see also: Perot, 1992]

ANY 3rd party candidate from the left would be considered more idiotic than Elvis..... [see also: Wayne L ]

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We'll see... I hope so.
    Me too, brother.....this shit has got to stop. The disease of corruption that has infected our Nation's Capital is a stain on our great Country and has to stop......it starts with how the election process has been co-opted by Corporations and this fucking joke that Corporations are people is just insanity. It starts there.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fucking drummers......

ANY 3rd party candidate from the Right would guarantee an Obama win.. [see also: Perot, 1992]

ANY 3rd party candidate from the left would be considered more idiotic than Elvis..... [see also: Wayne L ]
    That's if the Democrats were happy with Obama which the mass majority of them aren't. You have a spoiler situation if the guy running won't get Democrat votes. Ron Paul will get a lot of those too. It's a unique situation. I think people on both sides of the isle realize their parties have been bought off and they want a candidate that represents the people and not the corporate interests. Obama clearly is a corporate serving president. The only difference between the Republican party and Democratic party is the marketing strategy but once they get their people into office they serve the corporations and not the people. So it's all the same game.

I think more and more people are waking up to the whole Democrat vs. Republican charade. It's about as deep as arguing over what football team is better. In fact, there is more substance in the football argument.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-22-2012 at 11:28 PM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fucking drummers......

That's not what I'm saying fucking 4-strings. I voted for Perot and gave the election to Clinton. Thank God! My reasons were to start a real 3rd Party with national funding. I was young and full of grandiose ideals then

I don't think that will play out this time if there is a 3rd party candidate....it's a different time and people desperately want a government that is by Them for Them.

The current crop of GOP candidates have a zero chance of getting elected and they know this.

For a viable 3rd party candidate to have a chance it's going to have to be a mainstream candidate who can be seen as a person who can work both sides to unify a base that the GOP hasn't been able to do......instead of pandering to the extreme right, like the GOP candidates are doing. They've excluded the rest of their base.

That base and the disillusioned Obama supporters could have a huge impact on the election......

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Me too, brother.....this shit has got to stop. The disease of corruption that has infected our Nation's Capital is a stain on our great Country and has to stop......it starts with how the election process has been co-opted by Corporations and this fucking joke that Corporations are people is just insanity. It starts there.
    We need to bar the corporations from the political process. The constitution begins with We The People, not We The Corporations. Only people who are legal citizens of this country should be able to legally donate to a campaign and there should be caps put on those amounts. If we can do that, we end a lot of the corruption. It used to be a lot of the senators and congressmen were middle class people serving a term of office. Now it seems to be they go to Washington, stay there the rest of their lives and die multi-millionares.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Actually the third party would in reality become the second party. We only have one party now. It's the Republicrat Party.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We need to bar the corporations from the political process. The constitution begins with We The People, not We The Corporations. Only people who are legal citizens of this country should be able to legally donate to a campaign and there should be caps put on those amounts. If we can do that, we end a lot of the corruption. It used to be a lot of the senators and congressmen were middle class people serving a term of office. Now it seems to be they go to Washington, stay there the rest of their lives and die multi-millionares.
    Too late....Corporations are now people.....thanks to a Bush Supreme Court and overturning that decision will take decades

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A drummer arguing with a bass player ... I'm not sure if I should step in and stop it or just let the retards have their slap-fight.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah I know that but then Supreme Court rulings can be changed. I don't think it will take decades. Unlike abortion it has no social or religious aspects to argue over and the mass majority of the voting public are being screwed over by the corporations and only a few benefit. Not to sound like Occupy Wall Street but there is more of us in the 99% than the ones in the 1%. Like I said we live in interesting times and I think soon we will see mass boycotts of certain corporations and things like that. We are just in the very early stages of things now.

Let's just say we are in the very early stages of a revolution. A revolution against corporate fascism. Many mistakenly say capitalism but capitalism isn't about corporations at all. It's about private property ownership and selling something for exchange of something else.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-22-2012 at 11:52 PM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A drummer arguing with a bass player ... I'm not sure if I should step in and stop it or just let the retards have their slap-fight.

Nicely played, sir!

No go fuck off

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Having a Fender Jazz bass slammed into your head does more damage than being hit by a drum stick. The bass player will win that fight. A bass makes one hell of a good club.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Having a Fender Jazz bass slammed into your head does more damage than being hit by a drum stick. The bass player will win that fight. A bass makes one hell of a good club.
    Cymbals make good Ninja weapons though

Thread Information