Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Love
    Lead Guitarist for Aerosmith Says Ron Paul Has His Vote

Lead guitarist for Aerosmith, Joe Perry, has been tweeting:

@AdmiralPerry
    All the kids I talk to are into Ron Paul . They like his voting record. He's not a smiling grinning talking head spewing party BS.

@AdmiralPerry
    Obama hasn't done anything close to what he promised he'd do.didn't get my vote and I got lotta grief. Well,my votes for Ron Paul.

@AdmiralPerry
    Media is trying to crush Paul. It's so transparent. They will smear himevery chance.beware! Get your news from lot of different sources.
    So Joe Perry and I agree on one thing (Paul) and disagree on whether or not Done With Mirrors is a good album. He says it's shit and I like it.

I don't believe a word the other candidates tell me. They are in this for themselves, and they will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate things to get into office. Obama lied to people. We have to accept that. I thought he would take things in a different direction, but in a lot of ways, he's been worse than Bush was. In other ways, not as bad. But on the balance, it's more of the same.

Santorum, Perry, Newt ... those guys would be just as bad as Obama in different ways. None of them want to change the course we're on. None of them would even try. Things would simply get worse, slowly and inexorably.

For me, that leaves Paul. I look at him, read about him, watch his positions now and in older interviews, and the guy is consistent. I don't agree with all of his points of view, but they are logical and thought out. And he believes it. I know what I'm getting. I know what he'll try to get done. And a lot of it is good.
    /\ That's it, right there. A vote for anyone other than Ron Paul is a vote for the same old failed-assed shit that we've been getting.

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    The way I see it is during World War II the US built up this huge military machine and after the war we went into the cold war which justified the big military machine. Once the iron curtain came down we didn't need the big military machine anymore so when 9/11 happened that was a perfect excuse to keep the big military machine going. What I would have done was increased border security and deported the illegal aliens. I would have increased the security on people entering this country. I would have left Iraq alone and used intelligence and special operatives to go after the real terrorists. I really don't buy the terrorism threat because the big juicy target in this country is the power grid. If you know anything about it it would take years to replace the big transformers if enough of them were damaged. So guess what you target and it could be done easy. It hasn't happened and there is zero security around the main power hubs to this date. So it's all a joke to me. Just an excuse for the military industrial complex to make more money and they seem to like to invade countries full of oil, drugs, and natural resources that are in demand (lithium).
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Ron Paul scores highly sought endorsement!

TRENDING: Paul scores sought-after endorsement in South Carolina
      Posted by
      CNN Political Reporter Shannon Travis
      Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (CNN) – Six days before South Carolina's presidential primary, Ron Paul scored one of the most sought-after political blessings in the state.

On Sunday, state Sen. Tom Davis endorsed the Texas congressman in Myrtle Beach. Davis is a rising star in Republican circles and a highly regarded fiscal conservative who holds sway over many tea party activists.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

A Texas congressman endorsed Ron Paul????????

Welp, it's all over now, folks

Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Davis is a rising star in Republican circles and a highly regarded fiscal conservative who holds sway over many tea party activists.
          oh, shit.

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            A Texas congressman endorsed Ron Paul????????

Welp, it's all over now, folks

South Carolina State Senator, whom all the other candidates had been courting.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

South Carolina State Senator, whom all the other candidates had been courting.
              So Ron Paul is a lock now, then.....

Ron Paul will be the GOP Nominee.....

It will be Paul v. Obama.

Here we go!!!

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                I guess SC would rather vote for a lying sack of shit with a wig (Gingrich), than vote for Ron Paul.
                the problem is that neither of them are fit to vote for.
                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  So Ron Paul is a lock now, then.....

Ron Paul will be the GOP Nominee.....

It will be Paul v. Obama.

Here we go!!!
                  Then it goes back to what I say..... we need a Congress full of Feingold/Sanders/Grayson/Kucinich types to prevent a Randtard nightmare, should Ron Paul win (or Diebold steals) the election.

And if Obama is re-elected, he will no longer have an excuse to not act like a Democrat.

It's a win either way. Even with Paul in the White House, SOME things would get better.

But with Paul and a teabagger/Wall Street whore Congress, everything will get worse.

And I'll be praying the Mayans were right. Because the world ending on 12/21/2012 is preferrable to the Disunited States of Ayn Rand beginning on 1/20/2013
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Obama fucked things up when he had a democratic majority the first time. What makes you think he'd do any better this time? The guy is a corporate shill.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Obama fucked things up when he had a democratic majority the first time. What makes you think he'd do any better this time? The guy is a corporate shill.
                      He didn't really have a Democratic majority. Harry Reid is a spineless coward, Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd were on their death beds (and rarely even showed up to vote) and then you have pieces of shit like Lieberman, Nelson (both of em), Baucus, Blanche WalMart, Mary Landrieu, and Diane Feinstein, who may call themselves "Democrats" but rarely if ever actually vote like one. Hell, even Ron Wyden from Oregon -who really should know better- recently signed on to the Jockstrap Ryan plan to destroy Medicare.

They need to go just as much as the Repukes do.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He "fucked things up?" WHAT?! Things were incredibly fucked the moment he stepped into office...

Comment

• fifth element
                          Commando
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          He "fucked things up?" WHAT?! Things were incredibly fucked the moment he stepped into office...
                          I agree...and will add to it:

As in..."already fucked up", "had been fucked up"....
                          and for the last 7-8 years....
                          you can't blame Obama for the mess that he took on simply by taking office....
                          that which was what was already screwed up to start with...

well, you can...but it's not logical.
                          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Dude, shut the fuck up...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

His legislative agenda; I wanted Obama to go in and change things ... in his earnest quest to get bipartisan consensus he gave away much and got almost nothing in return. Healthcare, Bush tax cuts, consumer protection, bank regulation ... every area he should have been strong and use the high ground to push the GOP into line with his agenda (and the dems), he fucked it up and conceded point after point ... and then the GOP didn't vote for it anyway!

The guy is a pushover. He fucked up whatever mandate he had and refused to play tough.

Say what you will about Bush and the GOP (and there's a lot to say!) but those guys know how to get their way ... and apparently they don't need a majority to do it.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

oh, and he signed the NDAA this year ... despite "reservations" about how it allows indefinite detention of americans.

And he had an american citizen assassinated on foreign soil.

He's recently come out against SOPA ... but then, it's election season and he has to play to his base somehow. I don't trust the guy. He doesn't care about you are me .... he's in it for himself, and he's in it to keep things how they are.

Comment

Working...