Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Poll: Ron Paul, Mitt Romney stack up well against Obama
    The State Column | | Monday, January 30, 2012

Republican presidential candidates Ron Paul and Mitt Romney stack up well against President Barack Obama, according to the latest USA Today/Gallup poll. Although neither candidate was able to defeat Mr. Obama in a hypothetical general election, both Mr. Paul and Mr. Romney represent the Republican Party’s best shot at taking back the White House in 2012.

Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts Governor, tied Mr. Obama in a hypothetical general election with 48 percent of the votes each. Mr. Paul, a Texas congressman, was bested by Mr. Obama in a hypothetical election by 3 percentage points.

Mr. Obama clobbered the other Republican presidential candidates in the hypothetical general election. Mr. Obama defeated former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum by 8 percentage points and trounced former House Speaker Newt Gingrich by 12 percentage points.

During last Thursday’s Republican presidential debate in Florida, Mr. Paul argued that he is candidate with the best shot of beating Mr. Obama in the general election.

“We have some pretty good evidence that I’ll do quite well and have a better chance than the rest to beat him, because if you do a national poll, I do very, very well against Obama,” Mr. Paul posited.

“The freedom message in the Constitution is very appealing to everybody in all political beliefs because it includes free markets, which conservatives endorse, but it also protects civil liberties, the way people run their lives,” Mr. Paul added.

Mr. Romney has always billed himself as the Republican Party’s most electable candidate in the November election.

“I will be able to convince the American people that someone with my experience is very different than Barack Obama,” Mr. Romney professed at CNN’s Republican presidential debate.

Despite their vastly different positions in the polls, Mr. Romney and Mr. Paul have the best chance of chalking up a victory for the Republican Party in November.
    http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...against-obama/
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Will Ron Paul win more delegates this week than Gingrich, Santorum?
    Ron Paul is likely to win more delegates to the 2012 GOP convention than either Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum this week. Wait. What? That's why he campaigned in Maine this weekend.
    By Peter Grier, Staff writer / January 30, 2012

This week, Ron Paul is likely to win more delegates to the 2012 GOP convention than either Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum. In fact, he’s likely to win more delegates than Gingrich and Santorum combined.

“Hold it”, you’re saying, “How can that be? Rep. Paul’s polling in single digits in Florida. He’s going to finish behind Gingrich and Santorum, as well as Mitt Romney, in Tuesday’s Florida primary. How can that translate into beating any of his rivals at all?”

We’ll tell you how – because he’s not winning those delegates in Florida. He’s winning, or will probably win, at least a few delegates in Maine.

RECOMMENDED: The roar of Ron Paul: Five of his unorthodox views on the economy

Paul took a quick two-day swing through Maine over the weekend, in case you didn’t notice. He met with GOP Gov. Paul LePage. He spoke to big crowds throughout the state – in Lewiston, apparently, event organizers had to expand his conference room to handle the people who showed up.

He even landed the coveted L.L. Bean endorsement – that's Linda Lorraine Bean, heiress of the L.L. Bean empire and a lobster roll entrepreneur in her own right. She endorsed Paul on Saturday from her restaurant in the retail outlet mecca of Freeport.

Asked why she wasn’t supporting fellow New Englander Mitt Romney, Ms. Bean said “I’ve always been for Ron Paul”, according to a statement posted on Paul’s campaign web site.

As we’ve previously reported, unnoticed by most of the DC-based political establishment, the Maine caucuses actually began this weekend. So Paul wasn’t in Maine just because he likes riding around in salt-crusted Suburus.

Most Maine towns will hold their caucuses during the state GOP’s preferred window of February 4-11. But “most” doesn’t mean “all”. Lincoln, Lowell, Burlington, Chester, Enfield, Winn, and Howland held their joint caucus on Saturday. Millinocket’s was on Sunday. And so forth.

Each Maine caucus is holding a presidential preference straw poll, the state-wide results of which will be announced February 11. This poll is non-binding. But each caucus is also starting the process of selecting delegates to the state and national GOP conventions. The Paul campaign is making a big push to get its people involved in politics at this level. It is highly likely that some Paul supporters won delegate slots over the weekend – news reports indicated that the Paul crowd was making a big pitch at some caucus sites.

“After spending two days plus up in Maine, I was very encouraged,” Paul himself said Sunday during an appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union with Candy Crowley”.

Asked whether he was going to win Maine’s caucuses, Paul told Crowley, “We did pretty well three years ago [in Maine] and we weren’t nearly as well organized. And Romney’s been popular up there, but less so right now. So I would say that we have a very good chance.”

Now Maine has only 24 delegates total, so it’s not like the Pine Tree State strategy is a springboard that will somersault Paul into the White House. Florida has 50 delegates, almost twice as many, despite the fact that it’s been penalized by the national GOP for advancing its primary.

But Florida is winner-take-all. That means, if Gingrich and Santorum finish behind Romney, as polls currently indicate they will, neither of them will win any delegates. Nada. Zip.

So Paul only had to score one more delegate in Maine this weekend to outperform them, convention-wise.Given that Maine Republicans tend to be more libertarian than socially conservative, and given that Paul actually campaigned there, we think that's a likely occurrence.

Of course, the comparison is not entirely fair. At this stage in the race, the higher priority for both Gingrich and Santorum is maintaining a sense of momentum and a flow of donation dollars. Both could accomplish that by performing well in Florida, whether they win any delegates or not.

Paul, in contrast, already has a core of committed supporters and enough money to keep going to the convention in Tampa. He’s not trying to win the presidency as much as he is trying to maximize his ability to spread his libertarian message.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politic...grich-Santorum

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

That's reaching, Doc!

Another way to put it is......Paul and Mitt won't lose as badly as Newt and Santorum

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The roar of Ron Paul: Five of his unorthodox views on the economy

1. Federal budget deficits

From a statement released by Ron Paul on April 25, 2011:

"Last week the financial markets were roiled by Standard & Poor’s announcement that they will change their outlook on the fiscal health of the United States over the next two years from 'stable' to 'negative'....

"Even the most conservative budget that has been proposed by Republican leadership requires raising the debt ceiling by an additional $9 trillion by 2021. This demonstrates absolutely that no one in power right now has any real intention of addressing our spending problems or paying down the debt. They simply expect to continue to borrow and run up more debt forever, without limit.

"Yet they always imagine our dollar will have value no matter how many we print. This expectation is foolish and naïve. I guarantee that those buying our debt are not foolish and naïve enough to go along with this charade forever."

2. Taxes and the size government

From an interview with Cenk Uygur on MSNBC, March 2, 2011:

Uygur: What do you think should be the proper income tax rate?

Paul: Well, the best would be zero. I mean, we lived most of our history with zero income tax. But you would have to have the proper sized government. You would have to have the proper role for government.

You can't be the policeman of the world and not have an income tax. So I would not have all my troops around the world. I would be bringing the troops home.
    And I wouldn't have a military industrial complex that demands so much, but I wouldn't have a welfare state either.

And under those conditions, you don't need an income tax. And I think that's the way it should be....

I think when people take money from you and give it to somebody else, that's the equivalent of stealing from you. I don't want to take any of your money. I want
    you to invest it and create jobs.

3. The gold standard

From a congressional hearing, Sept. 17, 2000:

"A characteristic of paper money, of fiat money, is that some benefit and others lose. And a good example of this of how Wall Street benefits, certainly Wall Street is doing very well, but just the other day I had one of my shrimpers in my district call me. He says he's tying up his boat. His oil prices have more than doubled, and he can't afford it, so for now he will have to close down shop.

"So he suffers more than a person on Wall Street. So it is an unfair system. And this is not unusual; this is a characteristic well-known, that when you destroy and debase a currency, some people will suffer more than others....

"If you increase the supply of money, you have inflation."

4. Federal Reserve

From a congressional hearing, July 16, 2008:

"Our government tells us, well, there is no recession so things must be all right. A lot of people are very angry....

"From my viewpoint, what we need is a world-class dollar, you know, a dollar that is sound, not a dollar that continues to depreciate and not a system where we perpetually just resort to inflation and deficit-financing to bail out everybody. And this is what we've been doing.... The handwriting on the wall is, there's a limit to how many times we can bail the dollar out, because conditions are so much worse today than they have ever been.

"You know, we talk a lot about predatory lending, but I see the predatory lending coming from the Federal Reserve – interest at 1 percent, overnight rates, loaning to the banks, encouraging the banks and investors to do the wrong things, causing all the malinvestment."

5. Free markets

From a congressional hearing, March 24, 2009:

Paul: The question really comes out, who should allocate capital? Is it the free market, or should it be government? And I think that we had a system where the free market wasn't working, and we didn't have capitalism. The allocation of capital came from the direction of the Federal Reserve and a lot of rules and regulations by the Congress.

We had essentially no savings, and capital's supposed to come from savings; and we had artificially low interest rates. So look at all that, and this means we'd have to look differently at what our solutions should be. Everybody loves the boom. That was great. Nobody questions all this. But when the bust comes, everybody hates it.....

So where do you put the blame, on the market or on crony capitalism that we've been living with probably for three decades?

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke: Congressman, I certainly do not reject capitalism. I don't think this was a failure of capitalism per se.... It is nevertheless the case that we've seen over the decades and the centuries that financial systems can be prone to panics, runs, booms, busts. And for better or worse, we have developed mechanisms like deposit insurance and lender of last resort to try to avert those things. Those protections, in turn, require some oversight to avoid the build-up of risk....

Paul: Isn't that what creates the moral hazard, though? Isn't that the problem, rather than the solution?
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Electio...udget-deficits

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I give up already

I'll vote for him FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll vote for him in 3rd place

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    That's reaching, Doc!

Another way to put it is......Paul and Mitt won't lose as badly as Newt and Santorum
    According to wikipedia, here are the current delegate totals:

Romney: 33
    Gingrich: 28
    Paul: 10
    Santorum: 8

Total necessary is nearly 1,200. Every delegate is another voice at the convention. We'll see how it goes.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    According to wikipedia, here are the current delegate totals:

Romney: 33
    Gingrich: 28
    Paul: 10
    Santorum: 8

Total necessary is nearly 1,200. Every delegate is another voice at the convention. We'll see how it goes.
    So Grandpa Paul is only 2 delegates ahead of Santorum

What day will be the Paul and Santorum day at the convention......don't want to miss that!

Hell, they give Paul what....10% talk time in the debates but he'll take over the convention?

Beg him to run as an Independent....it's the only chance he's got.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 859 Posts

Ron Paul is a cranky old charisma-less curmudgeon, and probably still a racist to boot.

He will never see the inside of the White House as anything other than a visitor.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Uygur: What do you think should be the proper income tax rate?

Paul: Well, the best would be zero. I mean, we lived most of our history with zero income tax. But you would have to have the proper sized government. You would have to have the proper role for government.

You can't be the policeman of the world and not have an income tax. So I would not have all my troops around the world. I would be bringing the troops home.
    And I wouldn't have a military industrial complex that demands so much, but I wouldn't have a welfare state either.

And under those conditions, you don't need an income tax. And I think that's the way it should be....

I think when people take money from you and give it to somebody else, that's the equivalent of stealing from you. I don't want to take any of your money. I want
    you to invest it and create jobs.
    Love the idea, in theory and I agree........a small but effective government, been preaching that for years, the particulars leave me scratching my head.

How will this work?

No National Highway System......privatize it or let us fend for ourselves?

No National Park System.....privatize it or let it go to the highest bidder?

No FDA(the FDA sucks and it should cleaned up from the top down)

No Endowments for The Arts?

Arlington National Cemetery.....plots starting at $1,900.00?

Yes, the Military Industrial Complex alone would inject what? 60% of our GDP back into the economy but his approach is fine in theory but how will he do it and who decides what gets axed?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Love the idea, in theory and I agree........a small but effective government, been preaching that for years, the particulars leave me scratching my head.

How will this work?

No National Highway System......privatize it or let us fend for ourselves?

No National Park System.....privatize it or let it go to the highest bidder?

No FDA(the FDA sucks and it should cleaned up from the top down)

No Endowments for The Arts?

Arlington National Cemetery.....plots starting at $1,900.00?

Yes, the Military Industrial Complex alone would inject what? 60% of our GDP back into the economy but his approach is fine in theory but how will he do it and who decides what gets axed?
    Maybe he could pre-emptively give away all his negotiating points and then let the Congress screw it to the point that what we wind up benefits the corporations and lobbyists more than the people.

Wait, that sounds all-too familiar... I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work the last time we tried it.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Maybe he could pre-emptively give away all his negotiating points and then let the Congress screw it to the point that what we wind up benefits the corporations and lobbyists more than the people.

Wait, that sounds all-too familiar... I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work the last time we tried it.
    Yes, and deregulating everything sent us into the last Depression and the current Depression.

Look... going to the extreme on both sides is killing us. A nice center of the road path is what will get us there....not a extreme right turn.

I want government regulations on the things that effect my welfare and safety, period.

When I call 9/11 I want a cop or firetruck there now! I gladly pay for those services in taxes and if I ever need them I don't want a bill I want the service I paid for.

I want clean air and fresh water....I don't trust that businesses will police themselves and not pollute those things.

See where I'm going with this, bro?

13. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (02-01-2012)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seriously.... what's his plan on doing all the things he says?

OK, he shuts down everything on day one of his Presidency.....what happens on day two to the world's economy when he shuts down the Federal Reserve.[One of the true BCE type FORD theories, BTW]

It'll all be puppy dogs and violets the next day?

That's it...poof! It's all good!

It would take 10 years to transition government and the markets and that's if congress could get along perfectly.

He'd be 86 by then

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know where you're going with it. I'll quote what I said a few pages ago, again, in response:

In any event, Paul has said more than a few times that he isn't going to push his ideology on the nation; He's pragmatic and would do what he could to safeguard our social systems and begin transitioning us away from government dependence.

I personally like that philosophy. We can afford our social programs if we change our imperialistic philosophy and militarism -- which is exactly what he's saying he would do.

Paul isn't campaigning on a platform of deregulation; He's campaigning on a platform that says we need to change our foreign engagements and get our own house back in order. Spend our resources here and not everywhere else. A lot of people get caught up on what he thinks would work well in theory and forget to look at what he's saying he would do in practice.

A lot of people here included.
    I don't give a lot of worry to the idea that he's going to deregulate everything because of a few reasons:

1.) It's not his mission right now. He's said as much. He thinks it would be better for the nation, but it's not where his priorities are.
    2.) He's pretty much said that he would try to safe guard a lot of our social systems and focus on changing our foreign policy and focus on rebuilding the nation
    3.) The power to regulate is a power of the Congress, not the President, and they won't pass a bill deregulating everything. Just won't happen.
    4.) Paul is true to his word more than any other candidate running. When he says he isn't going to focus on deregulation, I believe him.

So again ... I'm not worried about a deregulation doomsday that you guys throw around. It's not what Paul is running on, and it's not what he'd try to accomplish. I dunno if you've watched the debates, but he's been pretty vocal about it.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Seriously.... what's his plan on doing all the things he says?

OK, he shuts down everything on day one of his Presidency.....what happens on day two to the world's economy when he shuts down the Federal Reserve.[One of the true BCE type FORD theories, BTW]

It'll all be puppy dogs and violets the next day?

That's it...poof! It's all good!

It would take 10 years to transition government and the markets and that's if congress could get along perfectly.

He'd be 86 by then
    He's already said that's not how he would try to go about doing it. He's said he'd do it like they did before when they moved from a fiat currency back to gold/silver the last time.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think maybe you should spend some time listening to him talk/reading about his positions and how he would go about doing these things...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's already said that's not how he would try to go about doing it. He's said he'd do it like they did before when they moved from a fiat currency back to gold/silver the last time.
    OK...familiar with fiat money.....or are you talking about the Bretton Woods gold standard thing, if you are, what happens to the trillions in fake money we can't back up?

Fiat money is money that derives its value from government regulation or law.
    So he's for deregulations

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think maybe you should spend some time listening to him talk/reading about his positions and how he would go about doing these things...
    Nah, it's funnier fucking with you

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

OK...familiar with fiat money.....or are you talking about the Bretton Woods gold standard thing, if you are, what happens to the trillions in fake money we can't back up?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nah, it's funnier fucking with you
    I'm happy for you to invest your time listening to my point of view and helping to drive the page count of this thread higher and higher, so by all means, carry on.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually, when it comes to the Fed, I think you could say he's for more government regulation/oversight so long as it exists.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

....and padding post counts all the while!

Truth be told I'm voting for Nader 2012

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BREAKING NEWS: GINGRICH CAMPAIGN IS FULL OF DICKBAGS

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/e...165042767.html

WINDERMERE, Fla.--Next time, Eddie Dillard won't wear flip-flops.

Dillard, a 29-year-old Ron Paul supporter from this suburb near Orlando, arrived to vote at his precinct at Winderemere Baptist Church early Tuesday morning. Pulling into the parking lot, Dillard noticed a man outside the polling place with a Gingrich sign. He decided to run home, slip into his "Ron Paul Rocks America" T-shirt, grab a "Ron Paul 2012" sign from his garage, and return to give his candidate some representation outside the precinct after he cast his vote.

Dillard found a quiet spot along a sidewalk lined with tiny American flags and held up his sign. Little did he know, Newt Gingrich had chosen that very spot to make his first Primary Day campaign stop.
    When Gingrich's bus pulled up, Dillard stood silently holding his sign and watched the news-media horde swamp the candidate. Gingrich stepped down from the bus and made a beeline for Dillard. He stopped in front of Dillard and his sign and parked himself for a round of handshaking and pictures with voters. The placement couldn't have been worse. There was Gingrich, standing with his wife Callista at their first event of the day, and a giant Ron Paul sign floated inches from their crowns.

Noticing the awkward optics, Gingrich aides and security personnel swarmed Dillard, trying to intimidate him into moving. One of Gingrich's security agents stepped in front of him. When Dillard didn't budge, the agent lifted his heeled shoe over Dillard's bare foot and dug the back of it into his skin, twisting it side-to-side like he was stomping out a cigarette. Shocked, Dillard kept his ground and took a picture of the agent with his phone, which was quickly knocked out of his hand. Dillard slipped off his flip-flop to pick up the phone with his foot, and a Gingrich supporter kicked the sandal away.

"Don't kick me!" Dillard said to the man who knocked away his sandal. More members of Gingrich's security retinue approached, shoving their shoulders and chests in front of him.

"Just block him!" a Gingrich campaign aide said. "Everyone step on his toes!"

Gingrich supporters handed a "Newt 2012" yard sign up to the front to put in front of Dillard's Paul sign. The two signs, zipping back and forth inches from Gingrich's head, circled each other in the air like fighter jets in a dogfight.

When the candidate finished taking pictures with voters, furious Gingrich aides grilled Dillard.

"If we did this to you, you guys would be furious," said an aide before stomping back toward the bus. "They have no class. No class."

As Gingrich pulled away, Dillard looked down at his foot. With the adrenaline pumping, he hadn't noticed the pain, but now it was starting to sink in. A bruise was forming, and there was a cut mark where the security agent had dug in his heel.

"That was really something," Dillard said afterwards. "My heart's racing. Not what I expected to happen today."

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I read an article today that the theory is........ Newt's switching to a kinder, teabag friendly, grassroots us against them kinda thang.

Ditching the," I'm an insider, I fucked it up, I know how to fix it", strategy that has never worked in the history of depression/recession type rhetoric.

You know, trying to obfuscate Ron Paul's platform and get his supporters

Seriously, Newt's going after Paul's votes/delegates......betcha!

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

BREAKING NEWS: GINGRICH CAMPAIGN IS FULL OF DICKBAGS

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/e...165042767.html
    I believe that guy could press assault charges against the Gingrich supporter that did that if he was inclined to.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I read an article today that the theory is........ Newt's switching to a kinder, teabag friendly, grassroots us against them kinda thang.

Ditching the," I'm an insider, I fucked it up, I know how to fix it", strategy that has never worked in the history of depression/recession type rhetoric.

You know, trying to obfuscate Ron Paul's platform and get his supporters

Seriously, Newt's going after Paul's votes/delegates......betcha!
    Yeah, I've noticed that ... recently talking about going back to gold, talking more about the fed ... if newt thinks he'll get Paul's supporters he's crazy ... I view Newt's actions as political opportunism, I don't think he genuinely cares about liberty like Paul does.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-30-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

God bless Ron Paul!

29. Thanked Warham for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (01-31-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-30-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I didn't vote for Ron in my primary, but I'm glad he's in the Republican party. We need more people that talk about the Constitution, our freedoms, fiscal sanity and keeping government out of our lives as much as possible.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ron Paul outraises Newt Gingrich by more than $3 million

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul outraised fellow Republican candidate and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich by more than $3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.

According to paperwork submitted by the Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee Inc. to the Federal Election Commission Tuesday, Mr. Paul hauled in $13.32 million between October 1st, 2011 and December 31st, 2011.

On the other hand, paperwork submitted by Newt 2012 to the FEC reveals that Mr. Gingrich pulled in $9.82 million during the last three months of 2011.

The paperwork submitted by both presidential campaign committees discloses that Mr. Paul outraised Mr. Gingrich by $3.5 million. Mr. Gingrich’s paperwork also reveals that Newt 2012 is still in debt. The Georgia Republican’s campaign owes nearly $1.2 million. Mr. Paul, however, is not in debt. The Texas congressman’s campaign owes zero dollars.

Despite Mr. Gingrich’s fundraising issues, the Georgia Republican managed to win the South Carolina Republican primary on January 21st. However, Mr. Gingrich lacks the fundraising power to stay competitive against former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. According to paperwork submitted by Romney for President Inc. to the FEC, Mr. Romney brought in $24.3 million during the fourth quarter of 2011.

Although Mr. Paul has not won a primary or caucus, the former Air Force surgeon continues to rake in cash from grassroots fundraising campaigns. The bulk of Mr. Paul’s fourth quarter cash was pulled in during his “Veterans Day,” “Tea Party” and “South Carolina” money bombs.

Both Mr. Paul and Mr. Gingrich have vowed to stay in the race for the Republican presidential nomination until the Republican convention in August.

“We’re going to stay in and see what comes of it,” Mr. Paul said on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday. “There have been a lot of ups and downs so maybe there will be some downs and we will be able to pick up the pieces,” Mr. Paul told CNN’s Candy Crowley.
    http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...han-3-million/

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,392 Times in 6,052 Posts

Romney has bought the election already.

14 000 TV commercials v 200 in the last month - democracy in action...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Cool.....

Is this where I remind you he can't win?

Since he's so far removed from the GOP platform, why the FUCK doesn't he run Independent?????

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rand, most likely

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, so uh...this is happening.

Get ready to watch wRONg Paul try and blame THIS ONE on everybody but himself.

Thanks, Anonymous.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02...-by-anonymous/

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And it looks like the jig is officially up. Hackivist group Anonymous has announced that not only have they decimated the websites of avowed White Supremacist group American Third Position (A3P) during Operation Blitzkrieg but, in the process, they claim to have accidentally uncovered close ties between the racist group and Ron Paul. Not just the Ron Paul campaign, but Ron Paul himself.

Fellow anons: we are pleased to bring you the dismantling of a major US-based
    white supremacist network known as the “American Third Position”(A3P). These
    racist losers have chapters across the US, operate several white power websites,
    forums and online stores, and are even running a candidate in the 2012
    elections. Although they try hard to maintain a professional public image to
    camouflage their vile racism, we’re now airing all their dirty laundry all over
    the internet. Contained in this major dump are several thousand private forum
    messages, personal emails, internal organization notes, names, phone numbers,
    home addresses and other information on all of their members and supporters.
    It’s time for these cowardly suit and tie white supremacists to sleep with one
    eye open. Scared much?

In addition to finding the usual racist rants and interactions with other white
    power groups, we also found a disturbingly high amount of members who are also involved in campaigning for Ron Paul. According to these messages, Ron Paul has regularly met with many A3P members, even engaging in conference calls with their board of directors. Ron Paul’s racist politics and affiliations are already well known, being viciously anti-immigrant,
    anti-abortion and against gay marriage — not to mention having authored the racist “Ron Paul Papers” and receiving financial support from other white power groups (pictured with Don Black from stormfront.org). Hard to believe Ron Paul draws some support from the left and the occupation movements, especially now that it is confirmed Ron Paul hangs out with straight up racist hate groups.

We put extra effort in ruining the life of A3P webmaster Jamie Kelso. On top of
    being on the board of directors of A3P, former $cientologist, and high ranking
    Ron Paul organizer, he also is the account owner of german nazi forums and store nsl-forum.org, rhs-versand.com. We went ahead and wiped those websites off the internet as well, dumping private messages and order information. Aside from us releasing his information such as his social security number, address, resume and private discussions, we also heard some folks went on a joyride with Kelso’s credit card and made some lulzy purchases, including sex toy purchases and making donations to the Anti Defamation League and many others. Oops.

We call upon not only other antifascists but all those opposed to white
    supremacy to utilize this information and make hell for these white nationalist
    scumbags. It is essential if we wish to live in a world free from oppression to
    expose and confront racists at their jobs, their schools, at their homes and in
    the streets.

No Dialogue! No sympathy! Destroy White Supremacy!

Anonymous is not known for hoaxes about this sort of thing and there is a large amount of information on the page to sort through. If this is confirmed then that would the end of the Ron Paul phenomena among the Left. It will impossible for any self-respecting liberal to overlook such a connection no matter how much they want marijuana legalized. Nothing justifies willingly associating with White Supremacists.

More on this story as it develops.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Shut the fuck up with that bullshit...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Shut the fuck up with that bullshit...
    Oh, sorry. Allow me to just sweep it back under the rug for ya...

Oops! Can't!

When Anonymous makes all that stuff public - and they will, they're not exactly known for talking talk they can't and won't back up with actual proof - the wRONg Paul fantasy will vanish in the blink of an eye.

Damn shame he won't ever occupy the WHITE House, hmm?

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know why anybody would want to defend or support a white supremacist. No matter what his 'cool' stances are on other subjects (and there are a VERY limited few, I'll give it that), his white power bullshit (or at least his rather visibly demonstrable lack of opposition to it) negates everything else about him.

Hey, if Anthony Weiner can be thrown out of politics by public opinion simply by airing his junk on a webcam (to willing viewers, I might add), then I don't see any reason at all why Paul should have a viable career after this crap - or, for that matter, be allowed out in public at all.

41. Thanked bueno bob for this KICKASS post:

FORD (02-02-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Blah blah blah, wRONg Paul is a racist just like pELVIS, blah blah blah...

Whatever dude...

Ron Paul has courage and has started a movement of real FREEDOM that is waking people up in droves...

We're not afraid of liars, traitors, dumbfucks, Obama dick suckers, dumbocrats, retardicans, socialists or indoctrinated fools...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If this is confirmed he's toast!

Thread Information