X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    I share your frustration with Obama.....

I agree the crazy old man Paul can't be bought....

But Obama will be re-elected, and Paul will never get the GOP Nom.
    if our only choice is to vote for one of the Obamneys then we get what we deserve as a country... more of the fucked up same
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Another discussion about what the President didn't do, without including Republican filibusters into it....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
        if our only choice is to vote for one of the Obamneys then we get what we deserve as a country... more of the fucked up same
        As opposed to thinking the crazy doctor from Texas can fix it?

Until this country takes back our elections/congress with REAL reform this is what we get.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Another discussion about what the President didn't do, without including Republican filibusters into it....
          Both sides are fine with the filibuster rule and don't change it when the senate convenes... and neither side challenges it and forces a filibuster to actually shut down the Senate and answer to the people when they do.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for a bunch of gasbags that don't even TRY

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

As opposed to thinking the crazy doctor from Texas can fix it?

Until this country takes back our elections/congress with REAL reform this is what we get.
            It has to start somewhere. Ron Paul is a cause candidate -- and I support the cause (and the candidate). If he doesn't get it, I have faith someone else will take up the banner and keep pushing.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Both sides are fine with the filibuster rule and don't change it when the senate convenes... and neither side challenges it and forces a filibuster to actually shut down the Senate and answer to the people when they do.

Nor do I....

Now please explain to us how President Paul, with no support or coalition would get anything passed?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

It has to start somewhere. .
                It starts with REFORM....

not a nut.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Obama owns the first 2 years....

The Repuke, do nothing Congress own the last 2.....

Doen't mean we turn it over to Mittens.
                  You are the guy that thinks the same beer is better as long as it's in a bottle with your favorite brand name on it. Go ahead and believe all the political theater. That's all it is.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Nor do I....

Now please explain to us how President Paul, with no support or coalition would get anything passed?

Use all the new power Bush gave the presidency. Obama sure seems to be enjoying it.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Actually, even if they forced a fillibuster, there's not much that the Democrats could do once they forced it. This article explains it pretty well:

And since they can't invoke cloture with 60 votes, they're fucked.....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

They will rob and steal until the lid finally blows off. We can either solve it politically or we can blow each other's heads off. The latter happens after the political process fails.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Nor do I....

Ron Paul shares agenda items with both republicans and democrats. In a deeply divided congress, he could work with both sides to get the country moving on the left and the right.

Agenda items like:

Bringing the troops home
                          Cutting spending across the board
                          Decriminalizing marijuana
                          Lowering taxes

the list goes on, but the point is, he can move the ball in multiple areas by having shared issues with both sides.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            You are the guy that thinks the same beer is better as long as it's in a bottle with your favorite brand name on it. Go ahead and believe all the political theater. That's all it is.
                            No, but I look forward to you telling us how you worked for years as a master brewer.....

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Ron Paul shares agenda items with both republicans and democrats. .
                              You mean like tax cuts?

Ask Obama how well the Repuke congress helped him "move the ball" on that one....

Comment

• Dr. Love
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                Actually, even if they forced a fillibuster, there's not much that the Democrats could do once they forced it. This article explains it pretty well:

And since they can't invoke cloture with 60 votes, they're fucked.....
                                I read the article, but I think this can be addressed 1 of 2 ways:

1. Amend the rules
                                2. When a party threatens to shut down government ... call the bluff. Let them make endless quorum calls. The people aren't dumb ... when they see it happening, they will express their anger over it.

Comment

Working...