• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Let's hear it....

Please explain how he'd do it, with all scenarios.....

House, Senate, controlled by either party.
    Declare the Federal Reserve board terrorists and have them arrested and the organization seized under the Patriot Act. Thanks to Bush, the president can do a lot of things without the congress now or if you are Obama, you just go ahead and do it.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Declare the Federal Reserve board terrorists and have them arrested and the organization seized under the Patriot Act. Thanks to Bush, the president can do a lot of things without the congress now or if you are Obama, you just go ahead and do it.
      More Fantasyland Politics......

That explains the RP fixation.

Thanks for confirming.
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
        You don't think we deserve more than a modicum, or incremental change? You don't think Obama sat on his thumb and wasted time while it was torn apart across the nation rather than stand up and fight and twist arms and sell it to the people?

I want something better. I believe we deserve something better than what Obama is selling.
        could obama have worked harder to set the agenda? yep. though, it doesn't mean he'd have gotten anything done. in fact, there's a strong argument that he'd have gotten less done. congressional republicans made little secret from the get-go that their primary goal was to make obama a 1 termer. the more he said, "this is my plan," there's certainly a chance that the republicans would've fought tooth and nail against it. whatever it was.

that said, i would say that obama could've been a little more involved, but that doesn't mean that there was any easy, or even feasible, path to much larger change. there wasn't.

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

that's quitter talk!

I see Gingrich was out talking about the gold standard today. That rapscallion! Trying to destroy the US economy.
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Newt was actually talking about snorting "gold dust" off a hooker's ass...

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
              that's quitter talk!

I see Gingrich was out talking about the gold standard today. That rapscallion! Trying to destroy the US economy.
              dude, being a realist isn't exactly quitting.

ron paul (sincere as he is) can wow people about how liberty is great in the ideal, but in the real world, things are a bit more complicated...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

So just vote for more status quo then...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  So just vote for more status quo then...
                  As opposed to a wasted vote for RP?

Explain how the results will be different.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Ron Paul will reduce the size of the federal government and stop the war mongering...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Ron Paul will reduce the size of the federal government and stop the war mongering...
                      How?

HES. NEVER. GOING. TO. WIN.

Jesus christ, wake up

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Does FOX pay you to keep repeating that ??

Comment

• dazzlindino
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          I think the only one not bought off by the corporations is Ron Paul. That's why they ignore him and the Republican propaganda station here tells everyone not to vote for him because Mitt Romney is the only one that can beat Obama.

It's not really about regulation anymore. It's corporations buying most the politicians to where the government becomes their enforcer. The EPA bars small electric car manufactures from getting their approval to sell cars. Small farmers are harassed and ran out of business by the FDA. All the agencies have their own military like thugs now. So it's corporate fascism and regulation was a thing we talked about in the past.

All the Republicans talk about is beating Obama. They don't say much about how they really are going to fix things. Remember real capitalism is owning your own property, producing a good and service and selling it to someone in exchange for something. The corporations have actually destroyed capitalism by taking over the government and using what used to be legitimate regulatory agencies and using them as thugs to run the competition out of business.

The whole Democrat and Republican thing is a thing of the past really. Both parties no longer care about the average person all they care about is the corporations who of course are tied to the central banks. In other words, they can print their own bailout but they have to saddle the citizens with some of it to make it look legitimate. It's the end result of fractional reserve banking. You can do endless damage with it.

Like I said, the only politician running that seems to really get the problem is Ron Paul. Nothing changes as long as the corporations are in charge of the money making machine.

The United States is not a government. It's governments. It no longer unified and all these different pieces are doing their own thing. As long as you can move huge amounts of money under the table this is the situation so you have to have the money supply itself in the open. So really we have a fictional money system that most people still believe in. I mean you still can trade Federal Reserve notes at the store. It's the ignorance of the little people actually that is the problem. They enable the same system that is screwing them. I mean with people that stupid of course the wolves are going to have a heyday and until the little people wake up, it's business as usual on steroids and of course the wolves will try to take more because the theft has been so easy.

Face it. People don't take notice until it affects them personally. I think more people need to be ran over by the greed train and then you have the problem of someone riding in on a white horse to save the day which usually is Hitler or Napoleon. History just repeating itself basically.

The biggest mistake Democrats make is they actually still think the government is a government of the people. So they willingly give more power to the government which is now the corporations so they actually make what they are trying to fight stronger by just giving it more power over themselves. This is the biggest flaw of the current Democratic mindset.

Of course the Republicans will vote in their flavor of thug because they want the Democrat thug gone.

See it's the same beer but it's marketed differently under two different brand names. The parties are no deeper than that anymore. They are just brand names owned by the same corporate conglomerate. Politics itself has gone corporate.
                          awesome post..too bad its so true.....
                          I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• dazzlindino
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            How?

HES. NEVER. GOING. TO. WIN.

Jesus christ, wake up
                            yep...just what the dems and repubs were hoping youd say....
                            I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Old Man Lounge drank his haterade today

No vote is a waste vote. You have a say in the direction of the country. The idea that voting for someone is wasting a vote/voting for someone else is a logical fallacy.
                              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

No, it's all grown up Lounge drank his Haterade© today...

Comment

Working...