Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 2034

Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Waldo County mostly missing from official Maine GOP results
    Ron Paul preferred choice among local caucusgoers
    By Ethan Andrews | Feb 13, 2012 Share

BELFAST — The Maine Republican Party drew criticism over the weekend for declaring Mitt Romney the statewide winner without results from Washington County, where voters had planned to meet on the same day as the statewide announcement — Feb. 11 — but canceled the night before based on reports of a potential winter storm.

A press release, issued by the party on Saturday, downplayed the importance of Maine's caucuses, describing them as a "beauty contest" in which "there are no national delegates 'won' or 'bound' to any Presidential candidate."

The release described some caucuses as having "decided not to participate" in the poll, choosing instead to caucus after the statewide announcement. This was followed by the disclaimer that, "Their results WILL NOT be factored into this announcement after the fact."

In a nutshell, tough luck Washington County.

And, as it turns out, most of Waldo County, where voters from 18 towns gathered for municipal caucuses in a countywide event held a week before the announcement. In the press release from the Maine GOP, results from all but one of those communities were given as a series of zeros below the name of each candidate, as though no one had voted.

Northport was the exception. The town participated in the countywide event and results consistent with those provided by the local organizer were listed in the statewide press release.

Between Feb. 4 and Feb. 11, a number of Maine's 16 counties held countywide gatherings, where attendees collectively listened to various candidates, their representatives and other speakers but caucused as individual communities.

In some cases, results from those gatherings were included in the press release issued Saturday. Knox County, for example, held a countywide event on Feb. 4, the same day as Waldo County, and results from participating Knox County communities were included in the party's official press release.

According to Mike Quatrano, executive director of the Maine Republican Party, and the person who issued the press release, the omission of the Waldo County votes was not a typo. Quatrano did not offer to review the results, but said simply that what appeared on the press release was what was counted by the party.

The GOP leader noted the deadline for local caucus organizers to submit results and chalked up the rows of zeroes after dozens of towns around the state, including 17 of the 18 that participated in the Waldo County event on Feb. 4, to either a lack of participation or a failure by organizers to submit results.

According to Raymond St. Onge, who organized the multi-town Waldo County gathering, neither was the case.

Speaking on Feb. 13, St. Onge said he submitted the results of the Feb. 4 caucuses to the party immediately after the event, which was held a week before the deadline, and said he didn't realize that the votes were not factored in the statewide results.

"They had the numbers to count," said St. Onge, referring to state party officials. "Why they didn't include them, I don't know the answer to that."

According to figures supplied by St. Onge, Ron Paul came out the winner among the 18 towns that gathered on Feb. 4 with 43 votes, followed by Rick Santorum with 41.

Mitt Romney, who was declared the statewide winner in Maine by GOP officials, took third place with 35 votes, collectively, among the 18 towns. And Newt Gingrich, who several participants at the Feb. 4 event described as the only candidate who could stand up to Barack Obama, came in a distant fourth with 18 votes.

Five Waldo County towns, including Frankfort, Montville, Palermo, Stockton Springs and Unity held separate caucus events, the results of which were counted in the statewide results.

St. Onge noted that the tallies from the more than 100 total votes cast at the Feb. 4 countywide event wouldn't have been enough to sway the final statewide outcome.

"But they would have changed the margin of victory," he said.
    http://waldo.villagesoup.com/news/st...results/484636

Lots of murmurs going around about typos in the counts, missing towns and other problems... we'll see how it pans out.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    As I recall it, Obama asked for an extension and only announced troop withdrawal after the Iraqis said 'no'.
    That date was already set when Bush tried and the Iraqis said no.

Why were we involved at all? How about letting the other nations in the world spend their money taking out regimes they don't like?
    I disagree, in a limited capacity if we can help people who are already fighting for their independence and are going to be slaughtered if no one steps in.....why shouldn't we do like we did in Libya. Drop a few bombs and back the fuck off. If they do gain their independence we have made a new friend. It sure beats Bush's strategy of invading countries and hoping we'll be greeted as liberators.

We acted in accordance with the UN, which we are a member of.

Good point. I'll keep that in mind if some other country decides to start striking inside the United States against people that they feel threatened by.
    Come on, Doc....you're saying that there weren't terraist going back and forth.....hiding there and being sheltered there? Guess that was some other place we killed Bin Laden, my bad.

I forgot to mention ... didn't Obama campaign on closing Guantanamo? How'd that go again?
    And I'm on record here as being pissed about that, too. What does that have to do with what we were talking about?

Or how about signing the NDAA and giving the military the authority to detain American citizens indefinitely? Or wait, what about authorizing the assassination of American citizens?
    Again, I'm on record as being pissed about that, too.

Remember Congress passed that.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We were talking about ways in which Obama is just as bad as those other bozos.

As for Libya, it's not like there wasn't a lot of other nations stepping up to do the heavy lifting, and we didn't need to get involved. As for Pakistan, I think we wouldn't even be in that part of the world chasing terrorists if we'd stuck to our own affairs to begin with instead of antagonizing a lot of other nations and peoples.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

If I came below Santorum in any vote for anything apart from 'Biggest douchebag' I would retire immediately.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The Empire Of Liberty: Thomas Jefferson, Ron Paul And The Sacred Fire Of Freedom

Who stands in opposition to “the [central] bank of the United States, public debt, a navy, a standing army, American manufacturing, federally funded improvement of the interior, the role of a world power, military glory, an extensive foreign ministry, loose construction of the Constitution, and subordination of the states to the federal government”? Hint, these words were not written about Rep. Ron Paul.

This is Garry Wills’s description of Thomas Jefferson. The elite political class looked with disdain, and now looks with a certain measure of bemusement, upon Dr. Paul. Paul represents the re-emergence of a great American tradition. That tradition reawakens in the person of Ron Paul, who has a fair claim to be our era’s Thomas Jefferson. As Jefferson’s heir he commands deep respect if not always (as in the case of this Supply Side, Hamiltonian, writer) complete fealty.

One of the keys to America’s greatness is how George Washington was able to harness both the great centralizing, industrializing forces represented by Alexander Hamilton together with the great decentralizing, Arcadian forces represented by Thomas Jefferson. Hamilton’s positions prevailed, tilting America toward a stronger central government. Jefferson, affectionately enshrined in our national memory, has a Memorial. As for Hamilton, “Reader, if you seek his monument, look around you.”

The Hamiltonian version of America is ascendant. Yet the Jeffersonian streak of subsidiarity lives on, is essential to America’s identity and greatness, and is a rising force. It has found its most powerful exponent since, at least, Goldwater in the person of Ron Paul.

Thomas Jefferson’s agenda including eliminating the national bank, reducing the military, and dismantling the federal taxation system. These are at the heart of Ron Paul’s agenda.

Jefferson was a courageous radical. His anti-(federal)-government convictions often are indistinguishable from those of Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul unabashedly went to bat for secession after Gov. Perry came under fire for rhetorically toying with that. Jefferson’s anonymous co-authorship of the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions is in many ways the charter text on the primacy of states rights.

Jefferson envisaged America becoming the world’s great “empire of liberty. ” On departing the presidency he wrote:

“ Trusted with the destinies of this solitary republic of the world, the only monument of human rights, and the sole depository of the sacred fire of freedom and self-government, from hence it is to be lighted up in other regions of the earth, if other regions of the earth shall ever become susceptible of its benign influence.”

There are principled reasons to dispute with some of Dr. Paul’s positions. Some believe him to propose to take America’s diplomatic and military disengagement to an extreme well beyond that of Jefferson who, after all, bought Louisiana — and projected American power “to the shores of Tripoli” — fighting the Barbary pirates.

Upon Jefferson’s 1801 inauguration as president, the Pasha of Tripoli (the sure enough predecessor of Muammar Qaddafi), demanded tribute from America. Jefferson refused and the Pasha declared war on America not through some declaration but, lore has it, by chopping down the flagpole in front of the American consulate.

Jefferson responded by sending in a small force to protect Americans and American interests but believed it unconstitutional to do more absent a declaration of war. Congress never voted to declare war but, much like our modern Congresses, authorized the use of force, “to cause to be done all such other acts of precaution or hostility as the state of war will justify.” And so it goes.

Still, Jefferson’s demilitarization of the United States very much anticipated that proposed by Ron Paul. And in matters economic it is hard to slip a photon between Paul and Jefferson. Dr. Paul calls the Fed unconstitutional; Jefferson called its predecessor, the Bank of the United States, unconstitutional:

Jefferson’s opinion on the Constitutionality of a National Bank:

I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people. … To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specially drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible of any definition.

The incorporation of a bank, and the powers assumed by this bill, have not, in my opinion, been delegated to the United States, by the Constitution.

We are familiar, too, with Dr. Paul’s indictment of Federal Reserve notes, our paper money. Paul’s indictment of paper money is, if anything, more moderate in tone than that of Jefferson.

Jefferson to E. Carrington, in 1788:

Paper is poverty. It is only the ghost of money, and not money itself.

Jefferson to John Adams in 1814:

The errors of that day cannot be recalled. The evils they have engendered are now upon us, and the question is how we are to get out of them? Shall we build an altar to the old money of the Revolution, which ruined individuals but saved the Republic, and burn on that all the bank charters, present and future, and their notes with them? For these are to ruin both Republic and individuals. This cannot be done. The mania is too strong. It has seized, by its delusions and corruptions, all the members of our governments, general, special, and individual.

To Charles Yancey in 1816:

Not Quixotic enough to attempt to reason Bedlam to rights, my anxieties are turned to the most practicable means of withdrawing us from the ruin into which we have run. Two hundred millions of paper in the hands of the people (and less cannot be from the employment of a banking capital known to exceed one hundred millions), is a fearful tax to fall at haphazard on their heads. The debt which purchased our Independence was but of eighty millions, of which twenty years of taxation had, in 1889, paid but the one-half. And what have we purchased with this tax of two hundred millions which we are to pay, by wholesale, but usury, swindling, and new forms of demoralization?

Perhaps it is, as Jefferson so eloquently suggested to Yancey, “Quixotic enough to attempt to reason Bedlam to rights….” And yet, this levels an indictment at the Bedlam that has beset our ruling class rather than at the noble one who “dreams the impossible dream… willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause,” that magnificent heir to Jefferson, Ron Paul.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphben...freedom/?miaou

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We were talking about ways in which Obama is just as bad as those other bozos.

As for Libya, it's not like there wasn't a lot of other nations stepping up to do the heavy lifting, and we didn't need to get involved. As for Pakistan, I think we wouldn't even be in that part of the world chasing terrorists if we'd stuck to our own affairs to begin with instead of antagonizing a lot of other nations and peoples.
    Uh, Doc....Obama didn't invade Afghanistan or Iraq.

He inherited it.

I'd much rather see the US get involved in areas where dictators are in the midst of a coup/rebellion by using limited air strikes and letting the people fight for their freedom.

I'm glad the French didn't feel the way you do or we'd still be a British Colony

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    If I came below Santorum in any vote for anything apart from 'Biggest douchebag' I would retire immediately.
    But that's Grandpa Paul's strategy....win by losing

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Uh, Doc....Obama didn't invade Afghanistan or Iraq.

He inherited it.

I'd much rather see the US get involved in areas where dictators are in the midst of a coup/rebellion by using limited air strikes and letting the people fight for their freedom.

I'm glad the French didn't feel the way you do or we'd still be a British Colony
    I think you're going to have a long election season of apologizing for Obama...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think you're going to have a long election season of apologizing for Obama...
    Doubt it...I've held his feet to the fire on everything from the Health Care Reform bill to not closing Gitmo.

You know this, too

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Funny....Obama is winding down the wars but the three other guys want to invade Iran.

By your logic.....Obama would be invading Iran and not using sanctions

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Doubt it...I've held his feet to the fire on everything from the Health Care Reform bill to not closing Gitmo.

You know this, too

Don't forget he is going after medical marijuana dispensaries, too.

13. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (02-13-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Funny....Obama is winding down the wars but the three other guys want to invade Iran.

By your logic.....Obama would be invading Iran and not using sanctions
    I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we wind up there, democratic or republican president regardless...

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Don't forget he is going after medical marijuana dispensaries, too.
    MOTHERFUCKER

Ron Paul 2012, baby!

I believe!

16. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (02-13-2012)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we wind up there, democratic or republican president regardless...
    Yeah, only it'll be in response to defending Israel after they strike Iran

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Funny thing is Obama said they were going after the Dispensaries in Cali months ago and nothing, to my knowledge, has happened.

Just another Obama failure

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Can't trust that guy to keep his word on anything ... but yeah he's actually done some stuff

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Can't trust that guy to keep his word on anything ... but yeah he's actually done some stuff
    It's sad because if we had just 1 great President in the last 12 years or a congress that wasn't hell bent on being obstructionists we wouldn't be in this mess.

I think history will record this era as a chance for real change in America that was squandered by ineffective and corrupt politicians.

No real change will come until we stop lobbyists and campaign fiance reform happens.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I will say I like what Obama's trying to do, in part, with his budget plan.....

End oil subsides.

Implement the Buffett Rule.

Repeal Bush tax cuts for the rich.

Tax dividend income over 250k as ordinary income.

Reduce the defict by 4 trillion over the next decade.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

nice start... but I'd rather see a plan that eliminates the deficit and begins to pay down the national debt

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The CIA is doing the bombing now instead of the main military.
    The CIA is a big part of it, but they're owned by the USAF IIRC...

The CIA turned from an intelligence gathering agency to a fourth branch of the government.
    How so? If they were the "fourth branch," then why did Neocons so easily muffle they're dissent relatively easily during the run-up to the Iraq War?

These predator drones spook me. They make bombing too easy and too unaccountable.
    How accountable were manned bombing missions in the latest wars? Is there really much difference? Accountable to whom?

I think the truth is presidents come and go but there are people who stay in Washington forever and they have access to money and secrecy and maybe the president just doesn't have a clue what's really going on. It very well could be Bush still controls parts of the CIA and is still running his agenda.
    Really? Bush is controlling the CIA? Maybe he's sending moonbeams to your skull?

The thing with Obama, he's got a reputation for saying one thing and then renaging on what he said.
    An opinion held mostly by politically ignorant fringes..

He said the new defense bill was unconstitutional and would not sign it into law and then he did exactly that. He said he would have an open government and his administration has been one of the most secretive. He said he would close Gitmo but never did. I like to joke and say Barrack did open the government up, he showed us how corrupt it is. LOL!
    What defense bill? Closing GITMO is something I want to see, but it's pretty complicated and fraught with partisan political complications.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,565 Times in 3,450 Posts

Obama only withdrew troops from Iraq because the Iraqis refused to let us stay any longer.
    That's pretty selective amnesia. Actually, he began to draw down forces almost immediately, and a complete withdrawal of ALL troops wasn't even part of the initial plan. Not this quickly. Again, you're blaming him for a war he inherited...

He didn't do it because he wanted to.
    Um, no. He's on record for opposing the war from the very beginning and began the withdrawal almost as soon as taking office...

He also started operations in Libya...
    NATO "started" operations, Obama only went along begrudgingly under pressure from Britain, France, and Italy...and an operation in which a total cunt was overthrown and killed by his own people is pretty much a win win for me...

and has escalated actions in Pakistan.
    He's both escalated and deescalated operations in Pakistan. But of course, they have these guys there that are part of a network and helped fly airliners into our skyscrapers, and haven't been able to follow it up with anything for years now....

Afghanistan, he is drawing troops down ... but then it is an election year, after all.
    It was part of a "surge". He's drawing troops down for a lot of reasons far more fucking nuanced than an "election year," such as frustration with the corruption and sadism of the Karsai gov't that is often worse than the Taliban in some areas. The latest is they're planning to leave a contingent of special operations troops to hunt terrorists and to prevent the Kabul gov't from collapsing after we leave in earnest...

For someone who campaigned on ending the wars, I find Obama very disappointing.
    Too bad Ron with never be able to disappoint you, as he surely would...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts

The first ever GAO(Government Accountability Office) audit of the Federal Reserve was carried out in the past few months due to the Ron Paul, Alan Grayson Amendment to the Dodd-Frank bill, which passed last year. Jim DeMint, a Republican Senator, and Bernie Sanders, an independent Senator, led the charge for a Federal Reserve audit in the Senate, but watered down the original language of the house bill(HR1207), so that a complete audit would not be carried out. Ben Bernanke(pictured to the left), Alan Greenspan, and various other bankers vehemently opposed the audit and lied to Congress about the effects an audit would have on markets. Nevertheless, the results of the first audit in the Federal Reserve’s nearly 100 year history were posted on Senator Sander’s webpage earlier this morning: http://sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/n...3-62060dcbb3c3

What was revealed in the audit was startling: $16,000,000,000,000.00 had been secretly given out to US banks and corporations and foreign banks everywhere from France to Scotland. From the period between December 2007 and June 2010, the Federal Reserve had secretly bailed out many of the world’s banks, corporations, and governments. The Federal Reserve likes to refer to these secret bailouts as an all-inclusive loan program, but virtually none of the money has been returned and it was loaned out at 0% interest. Why the Federal Reserve had never been public about this or even informed the United States Congress about the $16 trillion dollar bailout is obvious — the American public would have been outraged to find out that the Federal Reserve bailed out foreign banks while Americans were struggling to find jobs.

To place $16 trillion into perspective, remember that GDP of the United States is only $14.12 trillion. The entire national debt of the United States government spanning its 200+ year history is “only” $14.5 trillion. The budget that is being debated so heavily in Congress and the Senate is “only” $3.5 trillion. Take all of the outrage and debate over the $1.5 trillion deficit into consideration, and swallow this Red pill: There was no debate about whether $16,000,000,000,000 would be given to failing banks and failing corporations around the world.

In late 2008, the TARP Bailout bill was passed and loans of $800 billion were given to failing banks and companies. That was a blatant lie considering the fact that Goldman Sachs alone received 814 billion dollars. As is turns out, the Federal Reserve donated $2.5 trillion to Citigroup, while Morgan Stanley received $2.04 trillion. The Royal Bank of Scotland and Deutsche Bank, a German bank, split about a trillion and numerous other banks received hefty chunks of the $16 trillion.

“This is a clear case of socialism for the rich and rugged, you’re-on-your-own individualism for everyone else.” – Bernie Sanders(I-VT)

When you have conservative Republican stalwarts like Jim DeMint(R-SC) and Ron Paul(R-TX) as well as self identified Democratic socialists like Bernie Sanders all fighting against the Federal Reserve, you know that it is no longer an issue of Right versus Left. When you have every single member of the Republican Party in Congress and progressive Congressmen like Dennis Kucinich sponsoring a bill to audit the Federal Reserve, you realize that the Federal Reserve is an entity onto itself, which has no oversight and no accountability.

Americans should be swelled with anger and outrage at the abysmal state of affairs when an unelected group of bankers can create money out of thin air and give it out to megabanks and supercorporations like Halloween candy. If the Federal Reserve and the bankers who control it believe that they can continue to devalue the savings of Americans and continue to destroy the US economy, they will have to face the realization that their trillion dollar printing presses will eventually plunder the world economy.

The list of institutions that received the most money from the Federal Reserve can be found on page 131 of the GAO Audit and are as follows..

Citigroup: $2.5 trillion ($2,500,000,000,000)
    Morgan Stanley: $2.04 trillion ($2,040,000,000,000)
    Merrill Lynch: $1.949 trillion ($1,949,000,000,000)
    Bank of America: $1.344 trillion ($1,344,000,000,000)
    Barclays PLC (United Kingdom): $868 billion ($868,000,000,000)
    Bear Sterns: $853 billion ($853,000,000,000)
    Goldman Sachs: $814 billion ($814,000,000,000)
    Royal Bank of Scotland (UK): $541 billion ($541,000,000,000)
    JP Morgan Chase: $391 billion ($391,000,000,000)
    Deutsche Bank (Germany): $354 billion ($354,000,000,000)
    UBS (Switzerland): $287 billion ($287,000,000,000)
    Credit Suisse (Switzerland): $262 billion ($262,000,000,000)
    Lehman Brothers: $183 billion ($183,000,000,000)
    Bank of Scotland (United Kingdom): $181 billion ($181,000,000,000)
    BNP Paribas (France): $175 billion ($175,000,000,000)
    and many many more including banks in Belgium of all places

View the 266-page GAO audit of the Federal Reserve(July 21st, 2011): http://www.scribd.com/doc/60553686/G...-Investigation

Source: http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-11-696
    FULL PDF on GAO server: http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11696.pdf
    Senator Sander’s Article: http://sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/n...3-62060dcbb3c3
    This is back from July, but Paul had been pushing for this for a long time. Scary to see what actually happened.

http://www.unelected.org/audit-of-th...ecret-bailouts

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    That's pretty selective amnesia. Actually, he began to draw down forces almost immediately, and a complete withdrawal of ALL troops wasn't even part of the initial plan. Not this quickly. Again, you're blaming him for a war he inherited...
    He is the President. He has control. At some point he has to own what is going on under his watch.

Um, no. He's on record for opposing the war from the very beginning and began the withdrawal almost as soon as taking office...
    He made the request to keep troops over there beyond the agreed upon withdrawal date and was told no. Thus, he did not affect a complete withdrawal because he wanted to, he affected it because he had no choice.

NATO "started" operations, Obama only went along begrudgingly under pressure from Britain, France, and Italy...and an operation in which a total cunt was overthrown and killed by his own people is pretty much a win win for me...
    So let Britain, France and Italy do it. I suppose I should be surprised and grateful that he didn't pre-emptively compromise with them and decide to run the whole campaign with just the US.

He's both escalated and deescalated operations in Pakistan. But of course, they have these guys there that are part of a network and helped fly airliners into our skyscrapers, and haven't been able to follow it up with anything for years now....
    And why did they want to fly airliners into our skyscrapers again?

It was part of a "surge". He's drawing troops down for a lot of reasons far more fucking nuanced than an "election year," such as frustration with the corruption and sadism of the Karsai gov't that is often worse than the Taliban in some areas. The latest is they're planning to leave a contingent of special operations troops to hunt terrorists and to prevent the Kabul gov't from collapsing after we leave in earnest...
    Why are we fighting and dying for these people again? Why are we bankrupting ourselves for them?

Too bad Ron with never be able to disappoint you, as he surely would...
    Oh, I think he may have a chance, if not in a way you think.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Just out of curiosity.....

Does anyone actually read these long ass cut n pastes from Dr. Love?

I admire his tenacity, but jesus christ almighty.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll start including a tl;dr just for you, Lounge.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

CNN Poll: Romney's likability fading

Posted by
    CNN Political Unit
    (CNN) - Mitt Romney's overall favorable ratings have dropped, while Rick Santorum's standing has jumped among Republicans, according to a new national survey.

A CNN/ORC International poll released Tuesday indicates Romney's popularity has especially taken a tumble among Republicans, with a 13-point decline in positive reviews from his own party.

In the new survey, 54% of Republicans said they hold a favorable opinion of Romney, while 67% said the same in January. Among all Americans, 34% described the candidate as likable, down from 41% last month.

Meanwhile, Santorum's recent victories have boosted his standing among Republicans, 56% of whom had a good opinion of the former Pennsylvania senator, up from 49% in January.

The survey was conducted Friday through Monday, the tail end of a big week for Santorum with three contest victories followed by a spike in fundraising and poll numbers.

But among all Americans, Santorum's favorable rating has remained flat. Thirty-two percent held a good opinion in the new survey, while 31% said the same in January.

Texas Rep. Ron Paul and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich received positive reviews from roughly half of all Republicans.

But those numbers declined when Americans of all political affiliations were surveyed. In that case, Paul came in at 42%, ahead of Romney and Santorum, and Gingrich's favorable rating fell to 25%.

That leaves only one presidential candidate in the race with a national favorable rating above the 50% mark: President Barack Obama.

Among all Americans, Obama received positive reviews from 53%, with the poll suggesting he may have grown more popular in recent months.

Asked about issues, Republicans see Romney as the candidate most suited to handle the economy, taxes, health care and the deficit.

Gingrich, meanwhile, has a major advantage on foreign policy and illegal immigration, and Santorum is viewed as most equipped on abortion issues.

The CNN poll was conducted by ORC International from February 10-13, with 1,026 adult Americans questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.

The sample also includes 937 interviews among registered voters, with a sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

– CNN's Ashley Killough contributed to this report.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...bility-fading/

tl;dr for Lounge: Ron Paul polls first in favorability polls

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-27-2024 @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Or how about signing the NDAA and giving the military the authority to detain American citizens indefinitely? Or wait, what about authorizing the assassination of American citizens?
    Every politician who voted yes or signed it into law should be fired. No excuse for that kind of garbage. If we can give the nazis a fair trial then we can give everyone a fair trial. Also, it's blatantly unconstitutional to use the military as a police force. If the Feds want to arrest someone then they better have a warrant and have one of the federal law enforcement agencies do it and have a trial. It seems like the politicians want to scare people from protesting them and the lame illegal laws and executive orders they have passed. This is all about trying to scare the public into submission because the politicians know they are guilty as hell and we are angry as hell. I hate to tell you guys but some of the most angry people are the ones in the military you screwed over. My question is, exactly what military are you going to use to turn on the people when the military hates you?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I forgot to add renewing the Patriot Act

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

tl;dr for Lounge: Ron Paul polls first in favorability polls
    That always spells Election Night Win

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We shall see... Romney destroyed Gingrich and damaged himself in the process, now he's going after Santorum with likely similar results.

All the while Paul continues to rack up those delegates

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

36. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

Combat Ready (02-15-2012)

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

All the while Paul continues to rack up those delegates
    Really?

How many has he "racked up" again?

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    12-22-2014 @ 08:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wow! Eye opening post.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wow! Eye opening post!

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    Really?

20ish.....But the night is still young.....

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Ready View Post
    20ish.....But the night is still young.....
    No, the "night" has pretty much set on Ru Paul.....

But you keep your chin up, Camper.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    Really?

You are solid for Obama though, right? So--why do you care?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Combat Ready View Post
    You are solid for Obama though, right? So--why do you care?
    I don't

I just like watching people flounder around wishing things weren't already decided.....

Unless Dr. Wacko wants to run third party, his time in the spotlight is pretty much over.....if you can really call it a spotlight.

Thread Information