Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,080 of 2034

Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

I do not agree with the idea that Obama brought the troops home (a year and a half after promised) only because he failed to get an extension "semantics" but I guess when he "promised me that", I "took it to the bank" ... but I don't think we're going to agree there anyway.

not sure which question you're asking me to specifically answer.

but, if it was the terrorism thing, well, I'll let a few other people give their views directly than answer for them.

And yeah, being President means you only get to make the toughest decisions. If anyone else could have answered them, they wouldn't reach the President's desk. That's what his job is...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    I seem to recall people making the reverse argument when Bush was President... that someone could drag the country into multiple wars like he did spoke to the President having too much power. Just goes to show ... it's not the office, it's the man in the office that really sets the tone.
    History shows that it's very easy to start wars if you are president of the US, no one has started more.

It's everything else that they struggle to do.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

well, according to the Constitution, the President isn't supposed to be able to do that without Congress declaring war. But, no one has bothered with that since WW2.

But I dunno, Bush was pretty damn effective in getting almost everything he wanted, to the detriment of the rest of us.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

I do not agree with the idea that Obama brought the troops home (a year and a half after promised) only because he failed to get an extension "semantics" but I guess when he "promised me that", I "took it to the bank" ... but I don't think we're going to agree there anyway.
    It is "semantics," because you're severally confused. When troops withdrawals were talked about, they meant the bulk of U.S. forces. Even Obama hinted that a stay behind force of a few thousand (mostly special operations) were possible. Troop withdrawal actually means the pull-out of day-to-day operations such as patrolling and combat operations, something the U.S. forces in Iraq began soon after Obama took office as they mostly hunkered down in bases. I believe the numbers of casualties by month would clearly show that, and that operations were handed off to the Iraqis (mostly Shiite controlled army and security forces) and they've been doing it for quite sometime. And please provide more on this "extension" and what Obama was actually seeking to "extend." It certainly was not over 100,000 U.S. service personnel in Iraq...

not sure which question you're asking me to specifically answer.
    The one you posted that snarky little pic from that gay bromance Hawaii five-Hole show...

but, if it was the terrorism thing, well, I'll let a few other people give their views directly than answer for them.
    I'd rather have your view....

And yeah, being President means you only get to make the toughest decisions. If anyone else could have answered them, they wouldn't reach the President's desk. That's what his job is...
    Really? Tough decisions does not mean unchecked absolute power with nil political considerations and a simpleton "black-and-white" view on everything. The world is far more complicated and nuanced for that...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I've never been severally confused before! I disagree, and could easily call you an apologist. What's the point? We don't agree.

My view doesn't really differ. I've read/listened to what the guy had to say, and I take him at his word. And just because decisions are tough doesn't mean that a President isn't responsible for what happens on his watch. It comes with the job.

I took the President at his word on a long list of things. For the few where I feel like he did what he could reasonably be expected to do and failed, I don't fault him. For the many where I feel like he did not get involved enough and let things spiral out of control, or did not do what he could have/should have, I hold him accountable. If Ron Paul were president, it would be the same.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Aside from making some valid points on the U.S. policies (and the U.N. sanctioned Western policies in general), he comes across as arrogant dick that failed to mention the "illegal/unconstitutional" (both flatly wrong contentions, because if you believe in what Ron Paul is actually saying, they the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Coast Guard are "unconstitutional" since they are not expressly spelled out in the Constitution!) bombing of a "medicine factory" and strikes on al Qaida leadership in Afghanistan were in retaliation for al Qaida attacks on embassies in Kenya (in which, coincidentally, many ostensibly Muslim Kenyan civilians were murdered) and an attack on the U.S.S. Cole.

Secondly, Clinton didn't kill half-a-million Iraqi children, Saddam Hussein did by not complying, although I don't agree with the way sanctions were carried out.

Thirdly, Ron Paul is full of shit with his fake moralist tripe, mainly because Ron Paul WOULD ACTUALLY BE WORSE since he supports unrestrained corporatism and oligarchy and the domination of Western oil companies of the Middle Eastern oil supply, which is the corp reason that Islamic terrorism exists to begin with! Bin Laden's complaints had really little to do with the deaths of Shiite Iraqi children (whom he considered infidels anyways) and was more about his belief that the West was milking the Arab world dry of oil and paying way too little for it. Ron Paul can spout his Noam Chomsky-esque self-righteous bullshit all he wants, but at the end of the day he supports the same corporatist, extremist right wing "laissez-faire" policies that ended up with us in Iraq to begin with in 1990 (and the Great Depression of 1929 I might add, because I always like to mention what an ineffectual jack-off Ron Paul would have been in 1929, and how much of a Hoover clone he is, because people like to forget that and base everything on a few of his conveniently edited ramblings)...

Cheers!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-18-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

well, according to the Constitution, the President isn't supposed to be able to do that without Congress declaring war. But, no one has bothered with that since WW2.

But I dunno, Bush was pretty damn effective in getting almost everything he wanted, to the detriment of the rest of us.
    There's a thing called the "War Powers Act," and according to the Constitution, the U.S.A.F. is illegal, because it only talks about an Army and a Navy. Not an Air Force or Coast Guard...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    There's a thing called the "War Powers Act," and according to the Constitution, the U.S.A.F. is illegal, because it only talks about an Army and a Navy. Not an Air Force or Coast Guard...
    The War Powers Act is controversial with regard to constitutionality.

And I don't think anyone is bitching about the air force or coast guard? But there's a pretty easy answer ... either amend the constitution or put the air force back as a branch of the army, and the coast guard as a branch of the navy.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thirdly, Ron Paul is full of shit with his fake moralist tripe, mainly because Ron Paul WOULD ACTUALLY BE WORSE since he supports unrestrained corporatism and oligarchy and the domination of Western oil companies of the Middle Eastern oil supply, which is the corp reason that Islamic terrorism exists to begin with! Bin Laden's complaints had really little to do with the deaths of Shiite Iraqi children (whom he considered infidels anyways) and was more about his belief that the West was milking the Arab world dry of oil and paying way too little for it. Ron Paul can spout his Noam Chomsky-esque self-righteous bullshit all he wants, but at the end of the day he supports the same corporatist, extremist right wing "laissez-faire" policies that ended up with us in Iraq to begin with in 1990 (and the Great Depression of 1929 I might add, because I always like to mention what an ineffectual jack-off Ron Paul would have been in 1929, and how much of a Hoover clone he is, because people like to forget that and base everything on a few of his conveniently edited ramblings)...

Cheers!
    you've went way off into conjecturism there...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Then Paul and I have something in common...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Most the corporations in the world are owned by financial institutions. The most powerful of these institutions own the central banks. The central banks can do whatever they want. Ron Paul is the only one running who wants to audit the central bank and bring it under congressional control and run it in the open. I see him gunning for the big elephant.

If you look at our government now the big boys pay no taxes, they not only get away unregulation but buy the politicians and use the regulators for their own gain. The only people getting regulated now are the small players and it's running more and more of them out of business. Of course this kills the real economy because the smaller businesses are the ones who create most the jobs. It's also where whole new industries are born and a great way for a motivated person to make more of their lives.

Everyone else on the ballot will be business as usual with the FED printing money as usual until all of that blows up horribly.

I just got back from a Ron Paul rally. More than twice the expected people showed up.

Even in the liberal havens like western Washington he's packing them in.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-18-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Vancouver is no Liberal haven. Actually it's a right wing shithole that has dragged down the third congressional district for years. Thank God for the 2010 census.... Olympia doesn't have to take a back seat to those Tonya Harding trailer dwellers anymore.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Then Paul and I have something in common...
    Yes.

Neither of you can win the GOP Nom........

[ for Dr. Love ]

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

To be fair, I have better odds...

15. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (02-18-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I had no idea you were on any state ballots, or were receiving millions in donations, or had accrued any votes in any of the primaries or caucuses!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I had no idea you were on any state ballots, or were receiving millions in donations, or had accrued any votes in any of the primaries or caucuses!

Overheard from a GOP Voter to Ron Paul

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, they'll be certainly surprised when we get to the national convention then.

20. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (02-18-2012)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, and I still have better odds of being elected!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

uh huh

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ron Paul addresses a recent campaign rally. That's a lot of people!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's a good interview for people that think Ron Paul is immediately going to go on constitutional bender and destroy everything that he disagrees with.

26. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (02-20-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

hilarious endorsement for Ron Paul

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

OMFG......

Really?.....still?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Keep on drinking the mainstream kool-aid..

LoungeLizard...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You're welcome to start your own 27 page thread on why RP sucks

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Redundant.

You already have

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

actually unchainme started it... I just hijacked and repurposed it!

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

technically, this IS a thread on why ron paul sucks. (you remember the original title, don't you?...)

34. Thanked knuckleboner for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (02-20-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

best ron paul sucks thread ever

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Video from the troop march on washington for Ron Paul.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Doc, you really are Ron Paul....aren't you

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Doc, you really are Ron Paul....aren't you
    Didn't you know? Ron Paul is a very pro-Roth on the Van Halen issue.
    Last edited by Dr. Love; 02-21-2012 at 11:50 PM.

41. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (02-21-2012)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

For all the free advertising you're doing for the guy......see if they can get you on the payroll

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I do it purely for the OMGs ... and Lounge delivers

44. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (02-22-2012)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, fight the good fight then

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    For all the free advertising you're doing for the guy......see if they can get you on the payroll
    For Ron Paul you have to volunteer. He has to be careful with his money.

A Goldman Sachs sponsored candidate would pay you and throw in some whores, Godiva Chocolates, and some champaign. When you own part of the FED and can print your own bailouts you can afford to do things like that.

47. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (02-22-2012)

Thread Information