Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 2034

Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Congress has something like a 6% approval rating right now. I would just like a congress that isn't completely bought off by K Street greasers. They are neither liberal or conservative. They are just self serving corrupt pieces of shit.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    Hillary has more plastic in her face than Dolly Parton has in her tits.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

https://apps.facebook.com/theguardia...lican-election

Ron Paul quietly amassing an army of delegates while GOP frontrunners spar

Paul's tightly-organised campaign is racking up delegates even in states where he did poorly in the popular vote. It's all part of a complex system that could make Paul the election kingmaker

While the Republican nomination race is focused on the ongoing battle between frontrunners Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum, the Ron Paul campaign is waging an under-the-radar "delegate strategy" that could make the libertarian-leaning Texan the surprise kingmaker of the race.

In states that have already voted via a caucus system – rather than a straight primary ballot – Ron Paul supporters are conducting an intensively organised ground effort aimed at securing as many convention delegate slots as possible, often in numbers that far outweigh the number of actual votes that Paul got in the ballot.

If successful, it means Paul's campaign could arrive at the August Tampa convention at the head of an army of delegates far larger than the proportion of votes that it won during the nomination contest.

It could also increase the chances of a contested convention – where no candidate has enough delegates to declare the winner – as well as give Paul much greater ability to inject his beliefs into the Republicans' 2012 policy platform.

The strategy is based on the fact the GOP race is in fact a "delegate contest" despite an overwhelming focus by the media and most campaigns on "winning" individual states by coming top of the popular vote. But in reality, each state, weighted proportionally by population, sends a number of delegates to Tampa where a nominee is then chosen.

A total of 2,286 delegates are sent to Tampa and so a candidate must secure the support of 1,144 of them in order to win the nomination.

However, a bewilderingly complex set of rules, often varying from state to state, exists to actually assign these delegates. Ron Paul's campaign is seeking to work that system in order to maximise its delegate count.

So far signs are that the campaign is being so successful at its strategy that it may be able to "win" delegate counts in states where it did not win the popular vote.

"They will be able to perform well enough that in some states where they came in third or fourth in the straw poll, they will come in first or second in terms of the delegate totals. I am fairly confident in making that bet," said Professor Josh Putnam, a political scientist at Davidson College who runs the Frontloading HQ blog dedicated to tracking the delegate fight.
    How the strategy works

The strategy works because of the varying ways each state assigns the delegates that get sent to Tampa. Some states hold a "winner takes all" primary that will assign all its delegates to the candidate who tops the vote.

Others assign delegates proportionally according to the vote, splitting the delegates roughly according to the results and ensuring each major candidate gets some delegates.

But it is in the caucus states that the Ron Paul campaign is focused. There the method of assigning delegates is complex and lasts a long time. In caucus states that have voted so far like Iowa, Nevada, Colorado, Minnesota and Maine, the process of assigning delegates in support of each candidate has barely begun.

That process begins on caucus night when each precinct votes and then chooses delegates to send to a county convention to be held later in the year. Those county conventions will then choose a smaller number of delegates to send to a state convention or conventions held in each state's congressional districts.

Those state and district level conventions are the bodies that actually finally choose which delegates to send to the Tampa national convention.

However, at the start of the process – the precinct level meetings held on caucus day – the delegates selected to go to the later county conventions are frequently under no obligation to declare which candidate they are supporting or to support the "winner" of the day's actual voting.

Ron Paul's campaign strategy is to get enough of his precinct-level supporters to volunteer to become delegates to the county conventions so that they outnumber other campaigns. "Their strategy is to gobble up as many of these slots as they can," said Putnam.

Then, if you manage to stack the beginning of the process with Ron Paul delegates, as the system moves through the county conventions and the district and state-wide conventions the chances of Ron Paul-supporting delegates emerging at the end and being chosen to go to Tampa is greatly increased.

The entire strategy is helped by the fact that Paul's supporters are seen as far more organised and dedicated than other campaigns.
    Is it successful?

It is currently impossible to say. No caucus state that has already voted has yet held any county conventions at which an idea of the number of Ron Paul-supporting delegates chosen at the precinct level may emerge. Those first indications should come in March.

However, the Ron Paul campaign itself, which is at pains to point out their strategy is entirely within the rules, has released information from Colorado that shows how they hope it could be playing out.

In one precinct in Larimer County there were 13 delegate slots available. Santorum had won the precinct's vote by 23 votes to Paul's 13, with five votes going to Romney. But Paul supporters took all the delegate slots.

In a Delta County precinct all five delegate slots went to Paul supporters though he came behind Santorum and Romney in the popular vote. In a Pueblo County precinct Paul supporters got the two delegate slots available despite the fact Paul finished fourth in the precinct's vote with just two actual votes.

Those examples are likely cherry-picked by the Paul campaign as best case scenarios. But Colorado party officials are – officially, at least – sanguine about what is going on as it obeys the party rules. "We are just here to play out the process. Whatever happens happens," executive director of the Colorado GOP Chuck Poplstein told the Guardian.

But Poplstein did say a successful delegate strategy was not easy to pull off. "It is difficult for any campaign. You have to be very well organised and in all of the counties. It is not an easy process. You have to have a very good ground game," he said.

But that might not be too much of a problem. The Ron Paul campaign is highly organised and focused. "We are also seeing the same trends in Minnesota, Nevada and Iowa, and in Missouri as well," the campaign said in its statement on the precinct performances in Colorado.

A recent report by the Washington Post from a caucus in Portland, Maine, revealed a dedicated activist organisation complete with pre-printed lists of which delegates should be voted for at the precinct level. That is likely true across all the caucus states.

"They do tend to be very organised and very enthusiastic for Ron Paul," said Professor Tim Hagle, a political scientist at the University of Iowa.
    What impact could it have?

The fact is that Paul's delegate strategy would have little impact in a normal Republican race. The system is set up with enough winner-take-all and primary states to ensure that Paul's strategy has no chance whatsoever of picking up enough delegates via this method to actually win the nomination himself.

But it all changes when the Republican race becomes protracted and closely fought. If Santorum, Romney and Newt Gingrich all stay in the race beyond Super Tuesday and start to amass their own large piles of delegates, then reaching the vital 1,144 delegates needed to win starts to become more difficult.

If that scenario plays out – something most experts see as possible but unlikely – then Paul's delegate total becomes crucial. He could become a kingmaker, agreeing to throw his hefty delegate total behind one candidate who could then claim victory.

As a candidate with a very clearly defined agenda – on foreign policy, the role of government and fiscal issues, especially the Federal Reserve – Paul could demand a high policy price for that support.

However, even if a nominee emerges prior to the convention, Paul's delegates will still be important. If he amasses a loyal and large delegate total he will able to secure a high-profile, possibly primetime, speaking slot.

He will also be more able to get his agenda into the party's official policy platform. Given Paul's stance on issues like American foreign policy and the wars in Afghanistan, that could upset the party elite and the nominee.

Modern conventions are supposed to be highly organised, tightly controlled displays of party unity. At the very least a successful Paul delegate strategy could shatter that prospect.
    Popular now
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

A bozo is still a bozo even if Ron Paul gives them his support. Also as I understand it any deal he cuts with them can't be enforced so what's the point in say getting Santorum to pledge to avoid foreign wars?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    If he amasses a loyal and large delegate total he will able to secure a high-profile, possibly primetime, speaking slot.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

I highly doubt that's one of Pauls goals...

He will also be more able to get his agenda into the party's official policy platform. Given Paul's stance on issues like American foreign policy and the wars in Afghanistan, that could upset the party elite and the nominee.

That's more like it...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    (I so wish he was)Gayhale obviously does not care about the truth...

Go eat a cockmeat-flavored donut, Yngwie wannabe.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't think anything you can stick your finger through should be flavored cock meat. That's best saved for hot dogs and sausage. The sausage should enter the donut. Better yet a bagle. A bagle with fish meat on it. Salty fish meat.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I don't think anything you can stick your finger through should be flavored cock meat. That's best saved for hot dogs and sausage. The sausage should enter the donut. Better yet a bagle. A bagle with fish meat on it. Salty fish meat.

Normally I'd agree, but this is Yngwie-fanatic ELBOW we're talking about here...his hero loves donuts, and what OTHER flavor would an elbow-donut be? C'mon!!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Hardy har har har....

Duh...duh......duh....

Boy youz is sooo cool and clever....

Duh...doih...doih....duh...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Hardy har har har....

Duh...duh......duh....

Boy youz is sooo cool and clever....

Duh...doih...doih....duh...

Really?

Can't believe you typed that, let alone hit POST QUICK REPLY

11. Thanked LoungeMachine for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (03-01-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Why not ??

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    Really?

Can't believe you typed that, let alone hit POST QUICK REPLY

You seriously weren't expecting a WITTY retort, were you??

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Dude, you're oblivious to anything beyond what the "news" tells you...

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    You seriously weren't expecting a WITTY retort, were you??
    I wasn't expecting a Pee Wee Herman imitation.....

And how can ELBOW not have FAUX KNEWS?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    I wasn't expecting a Pee Wee Herman imitation.....

And how can ELBOW not have FAUX KNEWS?

Yeah, color me skeptical on that one too...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Bullshit!

I have the basic Dish Network package and FOX News is not included...

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Sometimes I wonder if you guys understand Paul's motivation for being in the race and running as a republican versus 3rd party, which I see pushed so often.

He is getting his message out there, and people are listening. That's what matters.
    dude, i get it. and as i said, i understand why people like ron paul - i really do think he's one of the most sincere politicians out there. which is a good thing. the fact that i disagree with many of his policies doesn't change my appreciation for his sincerity.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knuckleboner View Post
    dude, i get it. and as i said, i understand why people like ron paul - i really do think he's one of the most sincere politicians out there. which is a good thing. the fact that i disagree with many of his policies doesn't change my appreciation for his sincerity.
    Exactly.....

And the fact he can't win the GOP Nom.....

Change the Campaign Finance Laws and he'd probably be kicking ass right now, not playing spoiler

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ron Paul campaign complains about state GOP 'shenanigans'
    The accusation was flatly denied by GOP leaders, who suggested the Paul campaign is looking for a way to discredit the caucuses if the Texas congressman loses.

The Ron Paul presidential campaign, suspicious of the Republican establishment, has accused top Washington GOP officials of "shenanigans" in delegate appointments ahead of Saturday's precinct caucuses.

The accusation was flatly denied by GOP leaders, who suggested the Paul campaign is looking for a way to discredit the caucuses if the Texas congressman loses.

In a letter to party leaders Wednesday, Paul campaign lawyer David Warrington alleged "substantial irregularities" in the selection of precinct-committee officers (PCOs) in King County.

PCOs are important because they run caucuses and become automatic delegates to the county and legislative-district conventions that will help determine how to allocate Washington's 43 delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer in Tampa, Fla.

While PCOs are normally elected, vacant positions can be filled through appointments by party leaders.

The Paul campaign raises the suspicion that King County GOP Chairwoman Lori Sotelo may have violated party rules and appointed PCOs after a Dec. 14 deadline — presumably to stave off a Paul victory here.

The Paul letter notes that the King County GOP has refused to make public the list of appointed PCOs before Friday.

Warrington wrote that the Paul campaign will try to contact all the appointed PCOs and, if it finds any were improperly appointed, will try to prevent the seating of any King County delegates at the national convention.

"Should this blatant attempt to corrupt the process continue in King County, or anywhere else, the Paul Campaign will pursue all of the legal remedies to ensure that the process is fair and legal," Warrington wrote.

With 2,600 precincts in King County, potentially hundreds of delegates are at stake in the dispute, though Sotelo would not say Wednesday exactly how many PCO vacancies she filled with appointments.

Sotelo and State GOP Chairman Kirby Wilbur rejected the Paul accusations and said all the presidential campaigns have been treated equally. Sotelo added that no PCOs were appointed after the Dec. 14 deadline.

Sotelo said she's never worked against the Paul campaign, but she anticipated his campaign would trot out conspiracy theories before the Saturday caucuses. She pointed to similar accusations in other states, as well as disruptive behavior of some Paul supporters at the state's 2008 caucuses.

"I think they are looking for a way to discredit the process," Sotelo said.

Asked why the PCO list was not made available sooner, Sotelo said the list is primarily for internal party use, and that none of the other presidential campaigns complained.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Carol Paul: Election fraud confirmed

Carol Paul breaks her silence and tells a WTPN activist that half of Ron Paul’s votes are being thrown away during a post-AZ GOP debate viewing party appearance backstage.

The normally very quiet, Carol Paul, wife of Republican GOP candidate, Dr. Ron Paul, was seen here on tape blaming election fraud as the culprit behind some of Ron Paul’s caucus losses in the 2012 race for the Republican nomination.

After last week’s Presidential debate, an activist for the “We the People Network” found a way through security to make it backstage, just prior to a scheduled speech Ron Paul was due to make at the New Life Bible Church in Mesa, AZ, minutes after the final GOP debate on Wednesday, Feb. 22.

Little did the activist know that simply finding a way to talk with Mr. and Mrs. Paul backstage would turn into such a potentially huge story, with Mrs. Paul coming forward, without being prompted, to explain her thoughts on the final results of some of the caucuses that have taken place during the campaign season.

To the average Ron Paul supporter, gaining access to speak in person with the Congressman and his family on video is one thing, but what ensued may have instead turned into quotes by Carol Paul that could very well end up being an international story for both the activist and the Ron Paul campaign.

After finding out the activist was a member of the “We the People Network” Mrs. Paul must have felt more comfortable and began openly talking about her own views on how the votes have been counted thus far, in the caucus states in particular, hoping to somehow get someone to help the Pauls expose vast election theft taking place in many of the state elections.

Becoming too loud about total rampant US election hijacking actually taking place, however, could be very dangerous for the Paul campaign, possibly giving the establishment’s media ammunition to use against Paul, in order to further cement the Ron Paul conspiracy “theorist” paradigm they’ve tried to instill into public debate since he first ran for President back in 1988.

Exclaiming her displeasure with the amount of votes that vote-counters are allowing Ron Paul to receive, Mrs. Paul told the WTPN activist, “They throw out half of the votes,” referring to the unfolding national election fraud scandals surfacing across the country, as the race itself continues to unfold.

Mrs. Paul went on to say, “They said, well, they just wrote them on paper, and they can’t recount them, so they just threw them out.”

Mrs. Paul was simply noting facts about the blatancy of the establishment’s efforts to quell any potential candidacy momentum that would have likely happened from obvious wins that were simply stolen from Paul, through open election fraud, in many of the caucus states.

The biggest momentum theft thus far likely being Iowa’s Caucus.

Stealing Iowa from Paul was like stealing guaranteed momentum from a victory that would have likely been tough for the other candidates to overcome.

As it turns out, stealing Iowa instead gave that momentum largely to Romney, then some to Santorum after they were forced to admit mistakes, yet still hiding the real results in favor of Santorum instead.

Nothing can take the place of that initial win, however, and the boost a candidate receives from winning the famous Iowa Caucus has been traditionally huge for any candidacy. The very reason they couldn’t afford to let Paul take the state.

The media would have definitely had to work much harder to get people to believe the most common establishment talking points about Ron Paul, like the one everyone’s heard, “he’s not electable.” Despite the fact he was officially in second place in delegates prior to the Michigan and AZ caucuses, according to Paul and CNN, even picking up a few more on Wednesday in MI.

The most ironic aspect of the situation, however, may be the fact that even though they’ve openly stolen at least 3 caucuses from the Ron Paul campaign and the American people, mostly attempting to give the people the false impression that he isn’t as popular as he actually is, he still continues to poll well enough to threaten winning many of the states, forcing pro-status quo minions to keep openly committing election fraud anyway…a true testament to how popular he truly is and would be if the establishment and it’s media were treating these elections fairly and being honest with the people.

Although it’s unclear as to which state or states Mrs. Paul is referring to in particular, what is clear is that fact that many of the caucus states thus far have turned out such poor performances by state party officials that many of the states are still in question as to who the actual winners truly are.

In Iowa, for instance, 8 precincts from the early January, “First in the Nation” caucus still shows outstanding and permanently unverifiable results, some of which were heavy Ron Paul favorites, as was the case in Nevada.

And while Nevada had very similar circumstances play out there, state party officials in both of those states stepped down in humiliation after each state turned out results that would leave the most sinister of election thieves jealous of the mayhem created by the official election hijackers during this campaign season.

Maine, however, ended up possibly being even worse, if it’s possible that one stolen election can be worse than another, as unable to steal the election outright, like Iowa and Nevada in particular, party officials in Maine simply postponed the entire caucus for an entire week in some counties. Yet still found it necessary to declare Romney the winner that evening, even though it was too close to call with only 84% of the precincts reporting and less than 190 votes seperating the two.

Not only were the postponed counties in Maine likely Ron Paul wins, it also bought more time for pro-establishment party officials to alter the totals before submitting them to the public…just as they did in, at least, Iowa and Nevada.

What’s also clear is that the Paul campaign is aware of the circumstances, and although not yet saying too much about the incredible situation unfolding right under many American’s noses, both Ron Paul and now his wife have stepped up to the plate for the truth about the establishment’s outright willingness to thwart the wishes of the American people.

Ironically, just as that establishment continues to try to sell the deaths of millions of innocent people and soldiers around the world, in the name of “spreading democracy,” those same establishment ‘officials’ here at home are literally taking that democracy and “throwing it away” themselves.
    http://www.examiner.com/conspiracy-i...raud-confirmed

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

....and this surprises you, Doc?

His own party hates him and he'll never have a say in party matters, period!

Hate to burst your bubble

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What it really means is the corrupt two party system no longer serves the average person anymore. People are being patient hoping the problems can be solved through normal political means. If this fails it's onto plan B which is a revolution my friends. Since Ron Paul is extremely popular with those who serve in the military right now it will be interesting. I think if either Mitt or Obama win, you will have huge parts of the government rebelling because both will continue the wars for profit and ass fuck the constitution some more. George Soros was right, there isn't much difference between Mitt or Obama and frankly George probably wants a revolution so he can finance it and get something out of it. But then a lot of us know who he is and what tricks he likes to play.

Everything is so clogged with fraud that multiple systems just don't work anymore and people are getting fed up. In fact, things are no longer with reality meaning the establishment runs in a fog of media propaganda and trillions of dollars of money made from nothing expecting us to pay for it with our labor and real assets. You can play that scam but not at the current levels. It's going to fail and fall apart and then we are in the situation that nobody quite knows where it's going to go.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.

25. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (03-01-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    ....and this surprises you, Doc?

His own party hates him and he'll never have a say in party matters, period!

Hate to burst your bubble
    kwame... that is such an enabler's attitude. The attitude shouldn't be "oh well, that's just how it goes!"

This is our democracy. We should not let the established elite tell us who can lead us, and we definitely should not allow them to so blatantly and flagrantly abuse and corrupt our processes!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sorry Doc......I have no sympathy for Paul.

He's the dumb ass who's stayed in that party and a normal person would of quit that party a long time ago!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It shouldn't be sympathy for Paul, it should be indignation for yourself ... that's the whole point.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Do you really think I'm happy about what's going on?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    kwame... that is such an enabler's attitude. The attitude shouldn't be "oh well, that's just how it goes!"

This is our democracy. We should not let the established elite tell use who can lead us, and we definitely should not allow them to so blatantly and flagrantly abuse and corrupt our processes!
    Yup. The main question I have is what army is the elite going to us to shove their tyranny up our ass with? Mao once said power grows from the barrel of a gun. Sure you can have a bunch of paid off political hacks make unconstitutional laws and you can buy up the media and you can run election fraud until your balls fall off but at the end of the day, you have to force it on people and my question is what with? The most fed up people seem to be the military themselves.

Sure the majority of the public are fence sitters. It's always been that way. They never really stand for anything or accomplish much. As long as they have their TV and beer they are happy. It's always an organized minority that run things and change things.

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

I might add those who serve swore an oath to uphold the US Constitution, not politicians. The corrupt politicians also swore a similar oath.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-01-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Do you really think I'm happy about what's going on?
    I'd like to think you aren't ... but I don't see the outrage or passion or desire for change (doesn't mean it must be Ron Paul, it could be anyone else that you really agree with) ... what I see more is justification and excusing bad behavior. Not just from you, but from a lot of people around here that I had higher hopes for.

When I vote this November I intend to vote against almost every incumbent out there. I'm still researching the alternatives to see who deserves my vote, but I intend to use my voice to push change.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'd frankly be pleased if there were other 30+ page threads in this forum about other candidates that there was passion for ... but all I see is apathy + excuse making for the incumbents. It's disheartening. I can't really think you guys are excited about where we are headed. But I'm disappointed to see there's not any intensity or passion to change things.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

more on money, the USA bailing out Europe, and Iran

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'd like to think you aren't ... but I don't see the outrage or passion or desire for change (doesn't mean it must be Ron Paul, it could be anyone else that you really agree with) ... what I see more is justification and excusing bad behavior. Not just from you, but from a lot of people around here that I had higher hopes for.

When I vote this November I intend to vote against almost every incumbent out there. I'm still researching the alternatives to see who deserves my vote, but I intend to use my voice to push change.

I have been an outspoken critic of Obama and congress from the word go......I really thought my posts on the subjects would of been clear enough.

I'm not really sure about voting for Obama and I plan on doing the same thing in Nov........unless they're doing a good job, they're out!

35. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (03-01-2012)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

I'd frankly be pleased if there were other 30+ page threads in this forum about other candidates that there was passion for ... but all I see is apathy + excuse making for the incumbents. It's disheartening. I can't really think you guys are excited about where we are headed. But I'm disappointed to see there's not any intensity or passion to change things.
    The incumbents suck, but Randtard fairytales aren't the solution.

Howard Dean/Rocky Anderson 2012 - a team worth screaming about!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It helps if you have a candidate you can rally around and so far I haven't found one!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can understand that

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Again most people just sit on the fence. The mass majority won't even bother to vote. They will do nothing until circumstances force them to. Until that happens they will expect others to fix things for them. The passion has been driven out of them a long time ago.

And maybe what we see in here is not a lack of passion but a lack of trust. I can't blame people. The thing is trust is the glue that holds reputable institutions together, once that's gone you have nothing of substance.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-01-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

Hey. I finally found the passion!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

If we're going to have Messianic cult spam, I prefer this guy:

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thread Information