Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

everything has to start and end with the people ... We elect the people who appoint the judges who have put us in this situation... and until we elect people that will enact what we want, we'll have what we have now ... and it will continue to be status quo.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
      everything has to start and end with the people ... We elect the people who appoint the judges who have put us in this situation... and until we elect people that will enact what we want, we'll have what we have now ... and it will continue to be status quo.
      Agreed.....

But you're trying to start AT THE TOP with a presidential nomination destined for the Hagar infested cut-out bin.....

If Ron Paul was running for City Council, you'd have something.
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Do you agree with every political stance of every candidate that you vote for/support? Or do you focus on the issues that matter most to you? I am certain there things that your favored politicians do that you disagree with. Does that mean they don't deserve your support? (I suppose it depends on what they do)
        Of course I don't agree with everything a candidate believes but when a major part of their platform is reckless, to say the least, I start looking elsewhere for someone to support.

I'm a pragmatist; I think there is merit to a lot of what Dr. Paul talks about. The things he can do unilaterally, I support. The things he can't do unilaterally, I don't necessarily support in full but I think that it merits a discussion.
        And that's your right....I personally can't support him on the issues I disagree with to the point where I'll never vote for him.

I think issues like monetary policy, fiscal policy, regulation, foreign interventionism, military spending, federal/state rights and a host of other things should be discussed and the appropriate legislation should be enacted as a result.
        I agree whole heartily......The problem is, no one is giving Paul any print on these issues and his party is violently opposed to these views. If your own party doesn't want you elected....well, what else is there to say!

I support someone who I think will get some of his way, but not all of it, at least, not in the areas I'm not in full alignment on. And I think that's a very pragmatic and realistic point of view to take given the system we operate under.
        So you're hoping he gets his way only for the things you agree on and pray he doesn't get his way on the things you disagree with......my question to you has to become then.....what IF he does get his way with the things you disagree with!

Are you really willing to risk that?
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

There is a lot of merit for having ideas discussed on a national stage, listened to by people who believe in the idea even if it doesn't win this time, who can then turn and change the system from the bottom up by electing people who share the same philosophy.

I think there is more promise in making a national impact when things are discussed nationally, rather than starting locally and slowly bubbling up.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

The Chinese have a saying "That you may live in interesting times." Indeed we do. I think the You Tube above best describes where we are now and what the situation really is. Nobody saw the internet coming. It just happened. It caught huge high tech companies like Microsoft by surprise. It created new companies like Google and Amazon over night. Type and click search has been with the average Joe for about 15 years and it's changed the world. People are indeed awakening and the old ways of doing things are desperately trying to hang onto business even to the point of being very brutish and thuggish. Like dictators of the past, they hate free speech and a open media format they don't control.

People are indeed awakening and now it's all about the details of what that really entails. That is one reason this won't be an election as usual. Ron Paul is the first internet candidate that has held his own against the more traditional big media candidates. It's the new vs the old duking it out.

Of course the old guard like Zibignew Brezinski want to spin the new awakening back into an old guard system they control but they clearly know the situation we are now in. In short, nobody knows where it's going to go but it sure as hell won't be the same as it was.

The internet changed the media and business world and now it's going to change the political world. The old newspapers and traditional media no longer enjoy the power they once had. Then of course the two major political parties are old too. If anything, this all exposes their biased corruption as well.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-23-2012, 12:21 AM.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              The Chinese have a saying "That you may live in interesting times."
              Excellent "Disclosure" reference....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Not if people vote for the status quo. What possible incentive will they have to change their habits if people aren't voting them out and replacing them with people that don't behave the same?
                I believe that the incumbents are going to get their asses handed to them over the next 3 years and that will be the wake up call for the House and the Senate.

Obama's going to be the next President unless a viable 3rd party candidate comes out of the woodwork......no one on the Repuke's side is going to win.
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                  So you're hoping he gets his way only for the things you agree on and pray he doesn't get his way on the things you disagree with......my question to you has to become then.....what IF he does get his way with the things you disagree with!

Are you really willing to risk that?
                  Yes.

I don't have any illusions the guy is going to win. I'd like it, if he did. But I'll take the next best thing -- that his ideas are adopted by other candidates in both parties that recognize how they resonate with the people and have his candidacy be a catalyst for a change in the discussion.

Does the media give him a fair shake? No. But he's done well enough in 2 out of 3 elections so far despite it, and his ideas are still being discussed in the debates.

I consider that a net win.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I believe that the incumbents are going to get their asses handed to them over the next 3 years and that will be the wake up call for the House and the Senate.

Obama's going to be the next President unless a viable 3rd party candidate comes out of the woodwork......no one on the Repuke's side is going to win.
                    We'll see... I hope so.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

I don't have any illusions the guy is going to win. .
                      Whew...

I was starting to worry.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        Whew...

I was starting to worry.
                        But I still think things would be terribly fun if he did.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

But I still think things would be terribly fun if he did.
                          Couldn't agree more.....

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

There is a lot of merit for having ideas discussed on a national stage, listened to by people who believe in the idea even if it doesn't win this time, who can then turn and change the system from the bottom up by electing people who share the same philosophy.

I think there is more promise in making a national impact when things are discussed nationally, rather than starting locally and slowly bubbling up.
                            I agree.....that's why I vote in every election on every level.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

I

Obama's going to be the next President unless a viable 3rd party candidate comes out of the woodwork.......
                              Fucking drummers......

ANY 3rd party candidate from the Right would guarantee an Obama win.. [see also: Perot, 1992]

ANY 3rd party candidate from the left would be considered more idiotic than Elvis..... [see also: Wayne L ]

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

We'll see... I hope so.
                                Me too, brother.....this shit has got to stop. The disease of corruption that has infected our Nation's Capital is a stain on our great Country and has to stop......it starts with how the election process has been co-opted by Corporations and this fucking joke that Corporations are people is just insanity. It starts there.

Comment

Working...