• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Fucking drummers......

ANY 3rd party candidate from the Right would guarantee an Obama win.. [see also: Perot, 1992]

ANY 3rd party candidate from the left would be considered more idiotic than Elvis..... [see also: Wayne L ]
    That's if the Democrats were happy with Obama which the mass majority of them aren't. You have a spoiler situation if the guy running won't get Democrat votes. Ron Paul will get a lot of those too. It's a unique situation. I think people on both sides of the isle realize their parties have been bought off and they want a candidate that represents the people and not the corporate interests. Obama clearly is a corporate serving president. The only difference between the Republican party and Democratic party is the marketing strategy but once they get their people into office they serve the corporations and not the people. So it's all the same game.

I think more and more people are waking up to the whole Democrat vs. Republican charade. It's about as deep as arguing over what football team is better. In fact, there is more substance in the football argument.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-23-2012, 12:28 AM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Fucking drummers......

ANY 3rd party candidate from the Right would guarantee an Obama win.. [see also: Perot, 1992]

ANY 3rd party candidate from the left would be considered more idiotic than Elvis..... [see also: Wayne L ]
      That's not what I'm saying fucking 4-strings. I voted for Perot and gave the election to Clinton. Thank God! My reasons were to start a real 3rd Party with national funding. I was young and full of grandiose ideals then

I don't think that will play out this time if there is a 3rd party candidate....it's a different time and people desperately want a government that is by Them for Them.

The current crop of GOP candidates have a zero chance of getting elected and they know this.

For a viable 3rd party candidate to have a chance it's going to have to be a mainstream candidate who can be seen as a person who can work both sides to unify a base that the GOP hasn't been able to do......instead of pandering to the extreme right, like the GOP candidates are doing. They've excluded the rest of their base.

That base and the disillusioned Obama supporters could have a huge impact on the election......
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
        Me too, brother.....this shit has got to stop. The disease of corruption that has infected our Nation's Capital is a stain on our great Country and has to stop......it starts with how the election process has been co-opted by Corporations and this fucking joke that Corporations are people is just insanity. It starts there.
        We need to bar the corporations from the political process. The constitution begins with We The People, not We The Corporations. Only people who are legal citizens of this country should be able to legally donate to a campaign and there should be caps put on those amounts. If we can do that, we end a lot of the corruption. It used to be a lot of the senators and congressmen were middle class people serving a term of office. Now it seems to be they go to Washington, stay there the rest of their lives and die multi-millionares.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Actually the third party would in reality become the second party. We only have one party now. It's the Republicrat Party.

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            We need to bar the corporations from the political process. The constitution begins with We The People, not We The Corporations. Only people who are legal citizens of this country should be able to legally donate to a campaign and there should be caps put on those amounts. If we can do that, we end a lot of the corruption. It used to be a lot of the senators and congressmen were middle class people serving a term of office. Now it seems to be they go to Washington, stay there the rest of their lives and die multi-millionares.
            Too late....Corporations are now people.....thanks to a Bush Supreme Court and overturning that decision will take decades
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

A drummer arguing with a bass player ... I'm not sure if I should step in and stop it or just let the retards have their slap-fight.
              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Yeah I know that but then Supreme Court rulings can be changed. I don't think it will take decades. Unlike abortion it has no social or religious aspects to argue over and the mass majority of the voting public are being screwed over by the corporations and only a few benefit. Not to sound like Occupy Wall Street but there is more of us in the 99% than the ones in the 1%. Like I said we live in interesting times and I think soon we will see mass boycotts of certain corporations and things like that. We are just in the very early stages of things now.

Let's just say we are in the very early stages of a revolution. A revolution against corporate fascism. Many mistakenly say capitalism but capitalism isn't about corporations at all. It's about private property ownership and selling something for exchange of something else.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-23-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                  A drummer arguing with a bass player ... I'm not sure if I should step in and stop it or just let the retards have their slap-fight.

Nicely played, sir!

No go fuck off

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Having a Fender Jazz bass slammed into your head does more damage than being hit by a drum stick. The bass player will win that fight. A bass makes one hell of a good club.

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Having a Fender Jazz bass slammed into your head does more damage than being hit by a drum stick. The bass player will win that fight. A bass makes one hell of a good club.
                      Cymbals make good Ninja weapons though

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Yeah I know that but then Supreme Court rulings can be changed. I don't think it will take decades. Unlike abortion it has no social or religious aspects to argue over and the mass majority of the voting public are being screwed over by the corporations and only a few benefit. Not to sound like Occupy Wall Street but there is more of us in the 99% than the ones in the 1%. Like I said we live in interesting times and I think soon we will see mass boycotts of certain corporations and things like that. We are just in the very early stages of things now.

Let's just say we are in the very early stages of a revolution. A revolution against corporate fascism. Many mistakenly say capitalism but capitalism isn't about corporations at all. It's about private property ownership and selling something for exchange of something else.
                        Those who control the media control public perception now.......

We've had campaign finance reform and it was a joke.

We now have a Supreme Court ruling saying Corporation are guaranteed free speech and Super PAC's can donate unlimited amounts of money.

If the revolution has started we've lost before it's even started

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He can't, Swampthing.

Tell you what, let's make a Romoney style bet....

IF Ron Paul wins the White House, I'll never darken this site again.....

IF Ron Paul doesn't win the White House.....you leave forever.

DEAL????
                          It's obviously very unlikely but if I'm honest I'll admit even at this point 4 years ago I never thought Obama was going to end up president.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Neither did I........

I never thought this country was ready or even willing to have a black President.

Just goes to show how bad Dubya really fucked up this country

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Racist pig...

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sid Vicious knew this. When he bashed some rednecks head in with his bass in Texas on the Sex Pistols 1978 US tour, it was probably the best sound that ever came from his bass. Unfortunately, there's no video footage of that, even though the concert itself was filmed.

But then, Telecasters make good weapons too, just ask Keef.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...