Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,440 of 2034

Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    You still need a FEMA type program to be able to have the resources to help. Here's a simplistic analogy, you store a flashlight and some batteries in case the lights go out. Shouldn't we have a national storage and staging area? I'd pay that tax.
    Your analogy works better like this: You choose to live in an area where the lights go out a lot, you store a flashlight, and I pay for the batteries in case the lights go out (and they do, often).

When insurance companies and illegal billing practices are running rampant. When a small business owner can't afford to insure it's workers, let alone himself, you have an immediate and national problem. The States have failed at this.......when did it become against the law for States to enact it's own health care system? When the States can't govern themselves it's time for the Federal government to step in.....like during Civil Rights era, for example.
    I don't understand why a company should provide health insurance for the worker. They don't buy our auto insurance. The only reason that I can see is that it's because insurance is so expensive that people can't really afford it on their own. But then, why is that?

Auto insurance companies compete like crazy for business, focusing on quality of service, or insurance rates, or types of coverage to compete for business.

But I don't really see health insurance companies compete for business. Why do you think that is, kwame?

Not when huge companies have rigged the system to the point of poisoning people for decades with slow developing diseases like cancer. It's happened 100's of times and in countless places in this country and by having better national regulations it could of been stopped. It's because big corporations play a numbers game......profits verses punitive damage. If the profit exceeds the loss, companies will take the profit. They do it every day.
    There is no reason that cities and states shouldn't be able to pass these ordinances. Why should the federal government come down here to Texas and do it for us? Why can't we be allowed to make our own choices, so long as we aren't hurting others?

Do you think the federal government should be able to decide everything for you?

To my knowledge no one is outlawing private schools but if you can't afford a private school, a public school should be available.....it should be a basic right to get a decent education. As much of a right as free speech. If private schools were such a better choice then why hasn't the market adjusted that and why haven't public schools failed by market demand? We need educational reform, for sure.....just not the abolition of it. Each State should manage it's educational budget but the Federal government should set a standard and mandate that every State offers an education.
    It's not a right... and I don't think it should be. Rights are things the government exists to protect. Should there be education laws? Sure! At the local/state level. Which was my point. I didn't say anything about public vs private education.

Hope for me yet? I've debated ad nauseam the evils of the Federal Reserve.....have linked numerous sources about the evils of that entity. Debated here to death in the FL.
    It wasn't about the Federal Reserve. It was about critical thinking.

I listened to the man when he ran last time and researched him then. I've listened to the debates and read/listened to his speeches now. I've never followed the media's spin on him....mainly because I don't watch it and would rather read the news. So implying I'm some Johnny on the band wagon of 30 second soundbites is kinda lame, bro!
    I'll take your word but a lot of what you say about him is very divorced from what his policy points are...

Reform and regulations......obviously they haven't been doing their jobs or we wouldn't be in this mess. Just because it isn't working now doesn't mean there's not a need for it. We need reform like we got during the Great Depression.....to ensure it never happens again. The the markets can do whatever they will after that.
    Man, you sound like the answer to every problem is to have more government.

Neither do I.......we need real campaign reform. To the point where people running for the House or Senate can not take national money. No national money from Demos or Repukes. All local level financing, period. Corporate donations can't exceed public donations in the national, too. A level playing field. Just because Grandpa doesn't take money from them doesn't change the fact the rest of them do.
    Or we could just reduce the influence of federal government to where there isn't a desire to corrupt the system. Also term limits for every office.

I thought the same thing when Perot had his run and his 3rd party but in the end it was a pipe dream

Until the majority speaks up we'll never have the best and the brightest running for office.

One only needs to look at the current GOP candidates and the Demos to see that.
    Perot killed his own chances.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    I think kickme k believes the federal government is god...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    That's silly nonsense.
    Much like your utopian, messianic libertarian Ron Paul mindless fanboi'ism...

4. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (03-07-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I think kickme k believes the federal government is god...
    Which is in it's early death throws. You can't continue spending a $1 trillion plus a year. It's very rare a government pulls out of this kind of downturn. Failing governments become very aggressive and tyrannical and thrash around before they go completely kaput. When it does the country splits up into different bits and pieces. If anything the country is being looted before the collapse right now. If the US lasts another 30 years I will be very surprised.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Much like your utopian, messianic libertarian Ron Paul mindless fanboi'ism...
    Sometimes I'm not sure if you just need a hug, or need a course in basic reading comprehension. 41 is a too young to be such a bitter, angry old man!

Last edited by Dr. Love; 03-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    LMAO !!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

A very good expose on the neo conservatives, who they are, and what their agenda is. Look at everyone else running for the presidency. They all are neo cons.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Ron Paul should have come out with something like this from the beginning...
    Last edited by ELVIS; 03-07-2012 at 11:25 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    What's amazing is many Democrats will full hearty support a neo-con agenda as long as it's a fellow Democrat running it. Have a Republican do the same thing and they get their panties in a bind. This nation is so brainwashed by branding and propaganda it's pathetic.

11. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-07-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    This nation is so brainwashed by branding and propaganda it's pathetic.
    That should be a bumper sticker...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

hey kwame, this story of heartbreak and joblessness has made me seen the light. We need more government programs like this, just as well run, to make sure our system isn't abused!

What a heartwarming story!

Lottery winner on food stamps: ‘I thought maybe it was okay because I’m not working’
    The Daily Caller – 8 hrs ago

While most people have played the “if I had a million dollars I would ____ ” thought game, few fill that blank in with “stay on public assistance.”

Amanda Clayton, a 24-year-old from Lincoln Park, Michigan, is one of the few who does, and she is getting away with it. Clayton won $1 million from the Michigan State Lottery this fall, but she is still collecting and using $200 a month in food assistance from the taxpayers with her Michigan Bridge Card.

“I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn’t, I thought maybe it was okay because I’m not working,” the lottery winner who just purchased a new house and car told Local 4 in Detroit. The station even filmed her shamelessly purchasing goods.

When Local 4 asked if she felt she had a right to the money, Clayton responded, “I mean I kinda do.”

Clayton justified the sentiment by explaining that after taking her winnings in a lump sum and having to pay taxes, the total amount was just over half of the initial winnings.

“I feel that it’s okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay,” she said. “I have two houses.”

A bill to prevent this type of behavior, sponsored by state Republican Rep. Dale Zorn has passed the state House, as has a companion bill in the state Senate.

“Public assistance should be given to those who are in need of public assistance, not those who have found riches,” said Zorn, who has sponsored a bill requiring the state to cross-check the names of lottery winners of prizes over $1,000 with names of individuals on the dole.

Until Clayton is cut off, however, she says she intends to continue to use her benefits.
    http://news.yahoo.com/lottery-winner...161650898.html

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Wow, are you guys ever behind the times! We've checked lotto winnings against welfare rolls since the 80's in many provinces up here...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

here's a flow chart to help you guys decide who to vpte for

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

hey kwame, this story of heartbreak and joblessness has made me seen the light. We need more government programs like this, just as well run, to make sure our system isn't abused!

What a heartwarming story!

http://news.yahoo.com/lottery-winner...161650898.html
    A bill to prevent this type of behavior, sponsored by state Republican Rep. Dale Zorn has passed the state House, as has a companion bill in the state Senate.
    Yep, throw out the whole system because of her!

While people are living in tents here and the unemployment rate is 9.3% [underemployment and people who have just given up is through the roof] we should just say fuck the starving people, right? Why don't you come up here and share some of your smugness with people who are really struggling. I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

Don't try and close up loopholes or amend the current program!

I know! Let's deregulate it!
    Last edited by kwame k; 03-07-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yep, throw out the whole system because of her!

While people are living in tents here and the unemployment rate is 9.3% [underemployment and people who have just given up is through the roof] we should just say fuck the starving people, right? Why don't you come up here and share some of your smugness with people who are really struggling. I'm sure they'd appreciate it!

Don't try and close up loopholes or amend the current program!

I know! Let's deregulate it!
    Would you support federal legislation that requires each working person in this country to donate a specific amount of money to a charity to help these people?

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Would you support federal legislation that requires each working person in this country to donate a specific amount of money to a charity to help these people?
    Sure, I believe they call it taxes but........I see where you're trying to go with this.

If we were living in an era where churches and people helped their neighbors, like in the past, it would work. Back in the early 1900's when Grandpa was a kid, it worked perfectly

We don't!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yes we do...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Kwame, here's the great thing about freedom. If you believe in a cause, you can donate to it, support it and invest your time and money to ensure that it succeeds. If you don't believe in a cause, then you don't have to. No one can force you.

Except the government. Then, if enough people believe you should be forced to do something, they can pass laws to force you to do it. That is where you lose freedom.

There are a lot of people that donate to charities to help people that are in unfortunate circumstances. I'm one of them. Those organizations help people in my area. I'm proud of what they do and I'm proud of my contribution. My company and my coworkers donate time every quarter to go help underprivileged families and children have food to eat, or playgrounds built, or trees planted, or houses built. If I didn't have so much taken away from me in taxes, I'd donate more time and money, because I would be able to afford to.

I do not see a lack of effort or desire in my community to help people who have fallen on hard times.

Maybe you just live in a shitty place where no one cares about each other. I don't know.

What you're saying is that people don't believe in helping each other, so they should be forced to do it.

21. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-07-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    That was awesome Doc...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    kickme isn't dumb, but he believes in the current system, and there's lots and lots like him...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree, kwame isn't a dummy. That's why I enjoy debating him.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

kickme isn't dumb, but he believes in the current system, and there's lots and lots like him...

No, he doesn't...

Have you not read his [and mine] RANTS about the need for CAMPAIGN FINANCE REFORM AND OVERTURNING CITIZENS UNITED????

Don't be dumb.

27. 2 users say thank you to LoungeMachine for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (03-07-2012),Nickdfresh (03-10-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree, Lounge. But that's not a solution, that's only a beginning.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Of course I read it...

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

:kiss:

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree, Lounge. But that's not a solution, that's only a beginning.

This coming from the guy who is touting a candidate because "it's a start"....but can't win so isn't a "solution"

Just wow....

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post

This coming from the guy who is touting a candidate because "it's a start"....but can't win so isn't a "solution"

Just wow....

This coming from the guy who is touting "reading posts" ... but can't resist "being dumb"

Just wow....

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Touché

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This coming from the guy who is touting "reading posts" ... but can't resist "being dumb"

Just wow....
    And yet only one of was right about the electability of Ron Paul....

Better luck in 2016 with your choices.....

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Given the repetitive nature of Lounge's recent posts, I sometimes seriously wonder if he's actually a forum bot built by a really crappy programmer.

Though to be fair, he makes it really easy to imagine.

Seriously, Arielle posted stuff with more thought-provoking content.

Lounge-BOT programmer: "Why does it never go down the 'post meaningful ideas' branch?"

36. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It hurts, I know man.....

I've been there.

You see the candidate you love and support so much fade into obscurity....

Let it out....we're all here for you.

38. Thanked LoungeMachine for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (03-07-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ron Paul can't fade into obscurity.

He was never not-obscure to begin with.

40. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Kwame, here's the great thing about freedom. If you believe in a cause, you can donate to it, support it and invest your time and money to ensure that it succeeds. If you don't believe in a cause, then you don't have to. No one can force you.

Except the government. Then, if enough people believe you should be forced to do something, they can pass laws to force you to do it. That is where you lose freedom.
    So by your logic, murderers and rapists should have the freedom to rape and murder, right?

If the majority of people think a law should be passed, it's passed. It's called a Democracy.

Lay off the Paul Pipe, bro! It's rotting your brain

There are a lot of people that donate to charities to help people that are in unfortunate circumstances. I'm one of them. Those organizations help people in my area. I'm proud of what they do and I'm proud of my contribution. My company and my coworkers donate time every quarter to go help underprivileged families and children have food to eat, or playgrounds built, or trees planted, or houses built. If I didn't have so much taken away from me in taxes, I'd donate more time and money, because I would be able to afford to.
    Nice back patting there!

Do you really think there's enough charity to cover all people who are truly needy? Or do you believe that people are in that position by choice and if they worked a little harder they'd be OK.

I do not see a lack of effort or desire in my community to help people who have fallen on hard times.
    So there's no one in your little utopia that is struggling and needs help? Wow!

Maybe you just live in a shitty place where no one cares about each other. I don't know.
    I live in a place that's been devastated by the recession, period. Caring about each other isn't the issue, it's when the homeless shelters are referring families to tent cities that I have a problem. As would any other compassionate human being.

Hey, it'd their own fault and they should of had some type of insurance like Paul has....

What you're saying is that people don't believe in helping each other, so they should be forced to do it.
    That's what I said? Really

I thought I said this
    If we were living in an era where churches and people helped their neighbors, like in the past, it would work.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sure, hick

I believe the current system is broken and needs fixing....not completely destroying it.

43. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I agree, kwame isn't a dummy. That's why I enjoy debating him.
    Aw....I take back all the bad things I yell at my computer screen about you

45. Thanked kwame k for this KICKASS post:

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Never not-obscure ??

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Aw....I take back all the bad things I yell at my computer screen about you
    Just post your true feelings...

Maybe someone will like you...

Or not...

48. Thanked ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

kwame k (03-07-2012)

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I really need to post more of my opinions because no one likes me here!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So by your logic, murderers and rapists should have the freedom to rape and murder, right?
    No. Liberty is the ability to do whatever you want, so long as you don't harm someone else.

If the majority of people think a law should be passed, it's passed. It's called a Democracy.
    uh ... I'm not sure how you think this country actually functions in light of that statement. That's certainly not how it works.

Do you really think there's enough charity to cover all people who are truly needy? Or do you believe that people are in that position by choice and if they worked a little harder they'd be OK.
    Yes, I do think there's enough charity to cover all the people who are truly needy. That's a very appropriate way of putting it.

So there's no one in your little utopia that is struggling and needs help? Wow!
    If they are, it's because they've chosen not to seek help from the programs that our communities have put together to help them.

I live in a place that's been devastated by the recession, period. Caring about each other isn't the issue, it's when the homeless shelters are referring families to tent cities that I have a problem. As would any other compassionate human being.
    Move. Go somewhere else and start over. People need to pick themselves up and take control of their own lives and their own destiny.

There are very few people that lack the ability to improve their own lives. If you have the ability and still do not do it, then that is a choice.

Hey, it'd their own fault and they should of had some type of insurance like Paul has....
    Ron Paul is on the record as refusing to take part in the congressional pension plan or health care plan, and in fact calls it hypocritical for other republicans to take the healthcare plan for themselves while fighting against letting the people have it (he thinks congress shouldn't have it either).

Next time a little research would go a long way.

That's what I said? Really

I thought I said this
    Yes, that's really what you said. You cut out the very next line which refutes what you quoted.

Thread Information