Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,680 of 2034

Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Obama was saying what was relevant in 2008: economy, Gitmo, Iraq, jobs. Obama sold the American people one of the biggest lies of all time: that government can solve problems if you throw enough money at them - the mindset of a liberal. And you're right right, Obama has chipped away more at the Constitution that makes Bush "Monkey Boy" Junior blush. Now it's the economy on the verge of collapse, Afghanistan/Iran, jobs and a lot of fresh college grads who can't find a job, or like I said, believe they are entitled to a pay that they haven't deserved while wanting their outrageous student loans defaulted on. Out of all the Rethuglicans running, Paul seems the most sane and mature and his contingent of voters are more educated and aware of what in the fuck is going on not only in this country but the world as well although I find their agenda to be quite selfish. It's sad that the Rethuglican party is running on the same outdated principles of tax breaks for the uber rich (i.e., corporations are people, too), religiosity and pseudo-patriotism. I will give credit to Paul in that he does genuinely see beyond such bullshit in which case, he's really a Libertarian in wolf's clothing. He would stand a better chance of winning if he ran as one.
    That was beautiful...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    I'm seeing more and more Americans getting the hell out of dodge. When you see people leave the US and move to China to teach English because they fear what the government is going to do here it makes you think. Sure they are staying US citizens and they are going to vote, but they just want themselves and their money out of this country because it's in a totally lawless stage right now. A friend of mine likes to joke every time he comes back home it's worse and every time he goes back to China it's better. We really are at a crossroads here. Our countries resources are just being used by corporate interests for their own gain and they are sticking the public with the bill. The military no longer fights to defend the country. It fights to secure old men's loot. The politicians no longer serve the public, they serve the corporations and banks. They have the system so rigged that even those with low approval ratings get re-elected.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-19-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Wasn't Obama pretty saying the same 4 years ago?
    I don't think he was promising exactly that...

Isn't that how you win the heart of a liberal - tell them what they want to hear?
    I don't know. Have you tried to win any liberal hearts lately?

The definition of pandering. You say Paul takes in more contribution for the military? Are we talking the industry complex or ex disgruntled vets? Even if grandpa was elected, I doubt he would end the Fed in 4 years, give reprieve to a single student college loan or let anyone live their life to their own accountability. He's just another Rethuglican puppet.
    I agree with much of your sentiment, and I in no way support Ron Paul for prez. But he can hardly be called a GOP puppet...

Now fuck off, yourself.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Obama was saying what was relevant in 2008: economy, Gitmo, Iraq, jobs.
    Really? No shit! A candidate was addressing some of the bigger issues during an election year?! Well fuck me!!

Obama sold the American people one of the biggest lies of all time: that government can solve problems if you throw enough money at them - the mindset of a liberal.
    This seems like a vast blanket-statement. I don't recall Obama ever selling that gov't should solve all their problems. Feel free to cite anything even close to that in one of his speeches or political musings...

And you're right right, Obama has chipped away more at the Constitution that makes Bush "Monkey Boy" Junior blush.
    Um, not really. But feel free to cite examples...

Now it's the economy on the verge of collapse...
    Do you ever read anything aside from the latest Kardashian update, or are you trying really hard to be stupid? How is the economy "on the verge of collapse" when unemployment is trending lower, the Dow is near 2007 levels, and the vast majority of economists are stating we're in a recovery? You can argue the strength or weakness of said recovery. But saying its on the verge of a collapse just makes you look completely dumb and uninformed in your hyperbole...

Afghanistan/Iran...
    Which policies are you specifically criticizing? Obama didn't get us into either. He withdrew Americans from Iraq fulfilling a campaign promise and is attempting to remove U.S. and NATO forces from combat roles in Afghanistan by 2014 and has shown a good deal of restraint with Iran as compared to his potential adversaries' warmongering statements...

...jobs and a lot of fresh college grads who can't find a job, or like I said, believe they are entitled to a pay that they haven't deserved while wanting their outrageous student loans defaulted on. Out of all the Rethuglicans running, Paul seems the most sane and mature and his contingent of voters are more educated and aware of what in the fuck is going on not only in this country but the world as well although I find their agenda to be quite selfish. It's sad that the Rethuglican party is running on the same outdated principles of tax breaks for the uber rich (i.e., corporations are people, too), religiosity and pseudo-patriotism. I will give credit to Paul in that he does genuinely see beyond such bullshit in which case, he's really a Libertarian in wolf's clothing. He would stand a better chance of winning if he ran as one.
    I don't find anything objectionable in the last para other than Paul would continue breaks for the uber rich at unprecedented levels and possibly enact insane economic polices based solely on ideology and not experience and fact...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-19-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

I think Ron Paul's tax policy (i.e. no income tax, lower corporate tax, no capital gains tax) only works if you reduce the size of government rather drastically. Which would be a huuuuuuge fight to get through. I don't think every department of the government should be cut, but there are some that I think should definitely go. I would start with the TSA.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

looks like Ron Paul is on course to win the Missouri Caucuses.

Ron Paul Is Winning ANOTHER Caucus, And The Media Isn't Telling You About It

While Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum duke it out for delegates in high-profile primaries like Illinois and Pennsylvania, Ron Paul's quiet pursuit of delegates appears to be paying off.

Early results from Missouri's caucuses this weekend show that the long-shot libertarian candidate is significantly outperforming his rivals in the race for delegates. Senior campaign advisors tell Business Insider that Paul appears to have picked up the majority of Missouri's delegates, despite having lost the state's nonbinding primary to Rick Santorum.

"We did do real well in Missouri," Benton said. "Some county conventions are still going on, but we've got good turnout. Anecdotal evidence shows we won multiple caucuses, and it looks like we're going to pick up the majority of delegates."

Although the final delegate tally won't be determined until the state party convention this spring, Paul's success in Missouri is a validation of his low-key caucus strategy. The Paul campaign has recently shifted its focus to winning unbound delegates in caucus states, where delegates are elected at state conventions rather than by the popular vote.

In Missouri, Paul's robust and aggressive organization has filled a void left by Santorum's lackluster operation. As in Iowa, Maine, and other states, Paul organizers have taken advantage of caucus chaos to stage legitimate takeovers of several county contests. In St. Charles County, outside St. Louis, the crowd was so unruly that party leaders were forced to shut down the caucus before delegates were elected, and two Paul supporters were arrested.

The Santorum campaign has offered a counter-narrative about Missouri. On a conference call with reporters today, senior campaign strategist John Yob told reporters that they anticipate Santorum will win a majority of delegates in the Show Me State.

But reports from the caucuses indicate that the Santorum campaign was completely outmaneuvered by the Paul campaign. Although the former Pennsylvania Senator has gained momentum in recent weeks, his campaign lags far behind his rivals in terms of organization.

“Rick Santorum will never be able to catch up,” Benton told BI. “He’s been scrambling to try, but he had poor organization to begin with. He does have some party insiders and establishment people who have been lending him their organizations, but he doesn’t have one.”

The Paul campaign's internal count has Santorum in third place, Benton added.

"His consultants should stop misleading him," he told Business Insider. "They are destroying his credibility."

In Greene County, for example, Santorum received just six of the delegates despite having the support of nearly half of the county's deeply conservative Republican voters. In Boone County, Paul supporters managed to shut out Santorum entirely.

Yob blamed those losses on an alliance between Paul and Romney supporters, echoing Santorum's past assertions that his two rivals are conspiring to lock him out of the race.

Benton conceded that state organizers did work with the Romney camp to push through a slate of delegate in several Missouri counties. But he said that there were other counties where Paul supporters worked with the Santorum campaign, as well as ones where Romney and Santorum worked together to shut out Paul.

"It was really on a county-by-county basis," Benton said. "In some counties, there is really a palpable desire to block Romney."
    Hopefully as the caucus season proceeds in the various states we'll hear more and more stories like this!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Ron Paul is the main guest on Jay Leno NOW.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Never mind. It is a repeat of a show that was on about a month ago. I figured this out not by watching it, but when Jay said there is an all-star tribute to Jimi Hendrix, well, I TIVO'd that, so it is just a repeat.

Carry on....nothing to see here...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

was joe rogan on? If so, I saw it already.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We will see how rigged this election will be. There are accounts of the Republican party just giving delegates Ron Paul got to Romney and I hear they had a squabble over it in Missouri and the cops came in. Then the company that is in charge of tallying the votes from the districts is in Switzerland so there are rumors about electronic vote flipping and all of that.

If anything Ron Paul running as a Republican Is just exposing what a corrupt den of shit the Repubican Party has degraded into being. GOP stands for Goddammed Outraging Pricks.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I always keep out of politics here...But does anyone really believe that Obama won't be re-elected? Really?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I always keep out of politics here...But does anyone really believe that Obama won't be re-elected? Really?
    Anything can happen. Maybe a lot of people will think Obama has it made and won't bother to vote because of that confidence. Anything can happen in an election.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I should tell myself to fucking never mind. Turns out he was on after all. I accidentally hit the fucking episode of Jay Leno I had Tivo'd a month ago.

Fortunately, I Tivo'd tonight's show, and am watching it now. He is just being Ron Paul.....the most sensible Republican candidate I have heard in my lifetime....

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think Obama will be re-elected. Sure there are a lot of sheeple, but even the idiots can see that the Retardlicans are not interested in doing the job they were elected to do.

All they have been doing for the past 4 fucking years is trying to "stop Obama".

If Obama had a magic pill that would create 20 million jobs instantly, erase the national debt, create instant world peace, and cure cancer, while eliminating income taxes and dropping the price of oil to 25 fucking cents a gallon, but he needed congressional approval to use it, the Retardlicans would fucking be foaming at the mouth to "STOP OBAMA", and would not care that it was a pill that would solve all the world's problems. They would do their damndest to stop Obama from using it. PERIOD.

They do not give a FUCK what is best for the American people. They do not five a FUCK about doing what is best to help the global economy.

They do not give a FUCK about doing ANYTHING that will help ANYONE......all they want to do is to STOP THE FUCKING NI***R PRESIDENT from doing ANYTHING.

Buncha goddamn asshole fuck motherfuckers.

Anyone who actually cares about this country and wants something to be accomplished will at LEAST vote in the congressional races to REMOVE THE ASSHOLE MOTHERFUCKERS WHO ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS!

You want to help Obama get re-elected?

Simply publicize the Republicans for what they are....a bunch of lazy cocksuckers who have not accomplished a goddamn thing in 4 years!

If any normal person was hired to work at some company, and performed as badly as the current Republican congresspeople, that normal person would be kicked the fuck out the door on the first fucking day!
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 03-21-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    I think Obama will be re-elected. Sure there are a lot of sheeple, but even the idiots can see that the Retardlicans are not interested in doing the job they were elected to do.

All they have been doing for the past 4 fucking years is trying to "stop Obama".

If Obama had a magic pill that would create 20 million jobs instantly, erase the national debt, create instant world peace, and cure cancer, while eliminating income taxes and dropping the price of oil to 25 fucking cents a gallon, but he needed congressional approval to use it, the Retardlicans would fucking be foaming at the mouth to "STOP OBAMA", and would not care that it was a pill that would solve all the world's problems. They would do their damndest to stop Obama from using it. PERIOD.

They do not give a FUCK what is best for the American people. They do not five a FUCK about doing what is best to help the global economy.

They do not give a FUCK about doing ANYTHING that will help ANYONE......all they want to do is to STOP THE FUCKING NI***R PRESIDENT from doing ANYTHING.

Buncha goddamn asshole fuck motherfuckers.
    I am a white guy, full-time-single-dad...If I'm not a minority in the U.S. then I don't know what is...

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

True. But then, I never mentioned anything about white-guy, full-time-single-dads.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 Times in 6,031 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DONNIEP View Post
    I am a white guy, full-time-single-dad...If I'm not a minority in the U.S. then I don't know what is...
    A black guy, full-time-single-dad.

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    A black guy, full-time-single-dad.
    Ok, you're right

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Racist pricks...

20. Thanked ELVIS for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (03-22-2012)

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Really? No shit! A candidate was addressing some of the bigger issues during an election year?! Well fuck me!!

This seems like a vast blanket-statement. I don't recall Obama ever selling that gov't should solve all their problems. Feel free to cite anything even close to that in one of his speeches or political musings...

Do you ever read anything aside from the latest Kardashian update, or are you trying really hard to be stupid? How is the economy "on the verge of collapse" when unemployment is trending lower, the Dow is near 2007 levels, and the vast majority of economists are stating we're in a recovery? You can argue the strength or weakness of said recovery. But saying its on the verge of a collapse just makes you look completely dumb and uninformed in your hyperbole...

Which policies are you specifically criticizing? Obama didn't get us into either. He withdrew Americans from Iraq fulfilling a campaign promise and is attempting to remove U.S. and NATO forces from combat roles in Afghanistan by 2014 and has shown a good deal of restraint with Iran as compared to his potential adversaries' warmongering statements...

I don't find anything objectionable in the last para other than Paul would continue breaks for the uber rich at unprecedented levels and possibly enact insane economic polices based solely on ideology and not experience and fact...
    Nick, I warned you about this.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Did he solve any of them, fucktard?

Oooh, a "vast" blanket statement! Seems you Asperger's no no grammatical bounds.

Ever heard of the NDAA Bill, fuckhead?

Kardashian? Personally, I never seen the show, Nick. Must be a "vast" blanket statement on your part; food and gas prices on the rise, but foreclosures are down 33% which you are basing your freshly Googled DOW 2007 levels upon, and what "vasly" (there is that word again) ecomonist are you citing that you cannot Google in 5 minutes? If you don't think the ecomoney is still in the shitter, you really need to find yourself a job and get the fuck out of your parent's house. Quit Googling your "vast" arguments, fuckhead.

Good for you, Nick.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    It doesn't matter who gets elected it's the reality of the situation. If things don't get better and continue on the current path the lid blows off. What has woken everyone up on either side of the isle is the suspension of due process and an ever reaching government. It continues to get worse. We are no longer in the right vs. left paradigm here. We are in the everyone going holly shit! paradigm. Unless you are a banker or a sheltered politician on the take, your quality of life has not gotten better. We supposedly got Bin Laden but the wars don't stop. They want to keep the racket going, giving the banks more money and clamp down on the average guy more than ever.

The election process has pretty much become a joke anyways and most people know that too.

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I don't think he was promising exactly that.
    Then what was he promising, Google Boy?

I don't know. Have you tried to win any liberal hearts lately?
    Also haven't tried running for any political office, either.

I agree with much of your sentiment, and I in no way support Ron Paul for prez. But he can hardly be called a GOP puppet.
    Again good for you. Might come in handy when you apply at BestBuy. And he is a puppet.

Now fuck off, yourself.
    Only if you go fuck yourself with a chainsaw.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Kardashian? Personally, I never seen the show, Nick. Must be a "vast" blanket statement on your part; food and gas prices on the rise, but foreclosures are down 33% which you are basing your freshly Googled DOW 2007 levels upon, and what "vasly" (there is that word again) ecomonist are you citing that you cannot Google in 5 minutes? If you don't think the ecomoney is still in the shitter, you really need to find yourself a job and get the fuck out of your parent's house. Quit Googling your "vast" arguments, fuckhead.
    It's all relative Kristy. If you are a Goldman Sachs executive the economy couldn't be better. If you are a small business owner needing to get a loan to cover payroll life sucks. The DOW rallies because the Federal Reserve is financing it with interest free money but it has nothing to do with the average American. There are two money systems. One for the rich and connect and one for us. That's why you can't get a loan and they can. Then they crash the prices and come in and buy everything up cheap. This is what is going on. The Republicans and Democrats all stand in confidence in their little camps with their dicks in their hands beating off to the same old tired fantasies but the world has changed and made that little game obsolete. Both parties have been bought and taken over and lead to nowhere or nothing good anymore.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    One nation under socialism...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Oh, FFS....One ELBOW wallowing in lameness...

28. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (03-21-2012)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Ewwww...where did you find that creepy image of Barnabas Collins from Dark Shadows?

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hate Leno, but Ron Paul did pretty well!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

haha suck it santorum!

Santorum supporters shocked, angered at Greene County Caucus
    Ron Paul walks away with 59 percent of delegates, Romney 36 percent, Santorum 5 percent

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- At times, the Greene County Republican Caucus on Saturday seemed to teeter on the brink of chaos.

"Madam Chairman, this is not Russia! This is America!" cried one woman into the microphone in the University Plaza Convention Center's center aisle.

From the moment the doors opened at 8 a.m., it was clear supporters of candidate Ron Paul were playing for keeps. Many wore hunter orange, with the ring leaders sporting Secret Service-style listening devices in their ears tied to two-way radios. Long time party members commented more than once that they had never seen so many young people at a Republican caucus.

Ten hours later, when the the caucus was gaveled to a close, Paul had collected 65 delegates, an overwhelming majority of Greene County's 111 delegates going to the next round of caucuses. Rick Santorum got six.

Winning Missouri's meaningless primary in February may have been the worst thing to happen to Santorum. His supporters, while enthusiastic and vocal, were outmaneuvered and out-prepared by the Paul camp, who had read the rules and played their caucus hand like an ace-high straight.

Along the way, Paul's supporters cut a deal with the Mitt Romney circle, a move that proved to be the caucus' ultimate master stroke.

Tom Fowler, the leader of the Romney supporters, spent years as Missouri's Republican Chairman. Few in the room were as familiar with both the caucus process and how to make the most of what support you have. By teaming with the Paul camp, Romney came away with 40 delegates, 36 percent of the total.

In the end, the caucus unfolded much like an eight-hour episode episode of CBS's "Survivor." With Newt Gingrich skipping Missouri (he was not on the primary ballot), Santorum was outflanked by the Romney/Paul alliance. The final vote was 407-353. The tribe had spoken.

As the writing on the wall became clear, Santorum supporters became increasingly incensed.

"You're out of order!" caucus chairwoman Danette Proctor repeated over and over as the Santorum uprising reached the center aisle microphone.

Many with Santorum stickers said their piece, then left in disgust before the final vote, the ultimate outcome already a foregone conclusion.

"We're one of the most conservative counties in the state," said one disgusted delegate who asked not to be identified. "How in the (heck) did we end up giving almost all of our delegates to the two least conservative candidates?"

That question was not limited to Greene County. In other county caucuses across the state, Paul's supporters used caucus rules and alliances to walk away with far more than establishment Republicans thought they "deserved."

"I apologized to my party, to the entire caucus," said Dallas County Republican Committee Chair Jack Dill. "We were tipped off that something like this was going to happen, and sure enough (it did)."

But rules are rules. And that's how a caucus works. It is not a primary.

"And that's wrong," said Dill. "We (the Missouri Republican Party) made a mistake not having a primary that counted. I hope that never happens again."

Missouri's Republican Party chairman released a statement on Saturday evening in the face of disagreements across the state, including a spat over a video camera at a St. Louis-area caucus that led to two arrests and the caucus shutting down before it even started.

“Reports coming in from across the state indicate that a vast majority of the Missouri caucuses were well run and well attended," said David Cole, chairman of the Missouri Republican Party. "While it is natural that supporters of different candidates will disagree, in most cases, these disagreements were handled in a civil manner."
    http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-greene-c...ory?hpt=po_bn6

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

i'm curious. how is he socialist?

the private health insurance companies' stocks went up after the health care law passed, because the private market's getting more customers. sounds capitalistic to me.

the government provided money to the banks and has recouped that investment plus interest. sounds capitalistic to me.

the government invested in the auto industry and is actively selling off their shares to recoup. they could sell them all at once, but that would flood the market and depress the price, so they're doing it gradually to increase the chance of a profit. sounds capitalistic to me.

the government invested in AIG and almost certainly will not get all it's money back. ok, so this is socialism? a bad investment?...

33. Thanked knuckleboner for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (03-21-2012)

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

I'd like to personally congratulate RON PAUL........

For making The Newt irrelevant......

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Racist pricks...
    If you say it 3 times do you get your wish?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knuckleboner View Post
    i'm curious. how is he socialist?

the private health insurance companies' stocks went up after the health care law passed, because the private market's getting more customers. sounds capitalistic to me.

the government provided money to the banks and has recouped that investment plus interest. sounds capitalistic to me.

the government invested in the auto industry and is actively selling off their shares to recoup. they could sell them all at once, but that would flood the market and depress the price, so they're doing it gradually to increase the chance of a profit. sounds capitalistic to me.

the government invested in AIG and almost certainly will not get all it's money back. ok, so this is socialism? a bad investment?...
    Insurance premiums have shot up in price since the health care bill passed. Also, you have to deal with more bullshit and paperwork than ever before. The thing hasn't even kicked in full bore. It's not socialism at all. It's crony capitalism at it's worst.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    I hate Leno, but Ron Paul did pretty well!

I never watch the Tonight Show and really don't care for Leno as a host. I'm more interested in his car collection and his knowledge as far as that goes. I've met Jay and he's actually a nice guy.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Racist pricks...
    That was pretty fucking funny Elbow, I must say...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nick, I warned you about this.

You're making me very hot right now, mistress...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Then what was he promising, Google Boy?

Also haven't tried running for any political office, either.

Again good for you. Might come in handy when you apply at BestBuy. And he is a puppet.

Only if you go fuck yourself with a chainsaw.
    I've never fucked myself with a chainsaw, but it doesn't take much and several former coworkers almost did (by nearly cutting through their Kevlar chaps and almost severing the femoral artery)...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

the rEVOLution is on!

Ron Paul supports take over the party in Warren County Virginia

Rift opens between Ron Paul backers, other Republicans

FRONT ROYAL -- A rift has opened between Ron Paul supporters and other Republican party members after a divisive power struggle Thursday that led one committee member to publicly resign and declare himself an independent.

Tim Ratigan said he walked out of a mass meeting of the Warren County party committee in protest of what he called on his Facebook page "unethical and immoral behavior" by a group intent on claiming the chairmanship and vice chairmanship posts.

"I wouldn't call them Republicans," Ratigan said in an interview Tuesday. "I would call them libertarians attempting to take over the Republican Party of Warren County."

As a result of the meeting, Ratigan said, he has declared himself an independent, although he will continue to support conservative candidates in future races. Ratigan is running for mayor of Front Royal, an officially non-partisan position.

Rattan's version of events at the party meeting was supported by two other party leaders, neither of whom spoke for attribution. At least two other committee members resigned, Ratigan and one of the other party, leaders said.

All three said Paul supporters have launched similar efforts in other parts of the state and nation and warned committee members in neighboring counties to expect to meet strong challenges by Paul supporters in the near future.

An ABC television news blog reported that a feud between Paul supporters and Republican leaders at a major caucus in Missouri on Saturday led the organizers to shut down the event.

Paul carried Warren County in the Virginia Republican presidential primary while losing statewide to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

Ratigan and one of the other party leaders said around 100 people attended Thursday's meeting. The party's committee website described the purpose of the meeting as electing the top committee leadership and up to 290 delegates to the 6th Congressional District Convention scheduled for May 5 in Lexington. The convention will then elect three delegates and three alternates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa in August.

Ratigan and the two other party leaders said they and the Paul supporters share the same basic beliefs in limited government. Ratigan said his objections to the Paul supporters stem from their efforts to overturn party rules and standard operating procedures.

"Don't get me wrong," Ratigan said. "Everybody has a right to be a Republican, but there's a right way to go about achieving your goals, and there's a wrong way."

The committee is trying to organize another meeting at which another attempt will be made to elect new officers. No date has been set.
    http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2012/03/...mber-quits.php

first the precincts, then the districts, now the counties... next the states!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

GOP gunna be sneaky, RP campaign predicts it will carry several state delegations

GOP Insiders Suggest Ron Paul Cannot Legally Be Part Of RNC Ballot

Rule does not mean Paul cannot be part of the convention, or win in a brokered situation

GOP insiders are beginning to float the idea that Congressman Ron Paul cannot legally be on the first ballot at the national convention in Tampa this August because he will not have enough delegates from enough states.

USA Today carries a report that suggests both Paul and Newt Gingrich will not be able to get on the first ballot because they may not have a plurality of delegates from at least five states by the time the convention comes around.

Appearing on MSNBC News, Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee, cited Rule No. 40, Section B in the Republican National Committee rulebook, which states:

Each candidate for nomination for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a plurality of the delegates from each of five (5) or more states, severally, prior to the presentation of the name of the candidate for nomination.
    “So when these candidates are adding up their delegates or when people out there have a particular issue that they would like to move at the convention, they had better make sure they at least have a plurality of five states to make these things happen,” Priebus said on MSNBC’s Daily Rundown.

Of course, Ron Paul’s strategy is to win more unbound delegates, and it is still possible that he could win a plurality of delegates from five states.

Paul campaign chairman Jesse Benton has said that the campaign anticipates meeting the five-state threshold, saying in an email that “we are well positioned to carry WA, MN, AK, ND and ME among several others.”
    It is also important to note that the rule does not mean that Paul’s delegates will not be able to take part in the convention.

It is still possible that even if Paul’s delegates cannot vote for their candidate on the first ballot, they could do so on subsequent ballots if the Congressman garners the support of a plurality of delegates from at least five states during the floor fight.
    This was the possible situation Paul referred to on the Jay Leno show this week when he said “The second go around, they can go with their conscience… then, I believe, we’ll get a lot of the votes.”
    Indeed, it is possible for Paul, Gingrich, or any other presidential candidate for that matter, to get on the ballot after the first round and still be able to win the GOP nomination.

Randy Evans, a Gingrich adviser, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the idea that Rule 40, Section B is “a legal prerequisite is a falsehood.”
    http://www.prisonplanet.com/gop-insi...nc-ballot.html

We'll see as the caucuses wind up how many states RP winds up carrying.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

RP polls best against Obama - again

Obama leads GOP field by small margins

PPP's newest national poll finds Barack Obama leading all of his potential Republican opponents, although by slightly smaller margins than he did a month ago.

In the most likely match up Obama leads Mitt Romney 48-44. In February Obama's advantage was 7 points at 49-42. The main difference is that Romney is now taking 15% of the Democratic vote, up from 10% he was getting a month ago.

When Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson is included Obama's lead expands to 7 points at 46-39, with Johnson taking 7%. 39% of Johnson voters would support Romney if Johnson wasn't in the picture, while only 18% would go for Obama. I doubt Johnson will really get anywhere close to 7% in the general, but the numbers do make it clear that Obama's base is more committed to him than Romney's is and that any half serious third party bid is more likely to hurt Romney's support.

Reversing a trend of falling favorability numbers Romney's net favorability is -25 this month at 33/58. That's actually a slight improvement from -28 a month ago at 29/57. To put those numbers into some perspective though, we were asked on Twitter this morning whether Romney or George W. Bush is more popular. The answer is Bush by a wide margin. Last month we found 45% of voters rating him favorably to 46% with a negative opinion.

The difference is mainly among Republicans. Bush is at 79/15 with them compared to 49/42 for Romney and there's a good chance once Romney locks up the nomination that the party will unify around him and he'll get closer to Bush. But Bush also does better with independents (36/50 to Romney's 29/58) and they're about equal among Democrats with Romney at 20/71 and Bush at 19/73.

Romney is actually not the most electable Republican candidate on this poll. Ron Paul and Rick Santorum both do a point better than him, trailing by 3 points at 46-43 and 48-45 respectively. As we often find to be the case Paul is the strongest candidate with independents, tying Obama with them while the rest of the GOP field trails by 6-15 points. The reason Santorum does better than Romney is a slightly more unified Republican base, getting 81% of his party vote to 78% for Romney.

The only Republican who doesn't improve on the margin of John McCain's loss in 2008 is Newt Gingrich, who trails by 8 points at 50-42. Only 28% of voters have a favorable opinion of Gingrich to 61% with a negative one.
    RP ties Obama with independents... if the GOP wants to win in November, they need to stop being so batshit crazy!

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...l-margins.html

Thread Information