Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,720 of 2034

Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    The GOP is owned by the bankers. If Ron Paul gets in he will make an executive order for the US Treasury Department to issue debt free money and accept it for payment in taxes. Then this money will go to the people instead of big foreign or Wall Street banks and once that money is out there, people will start to hire, they will start businesses, commerce will pick up. People will choose the Federal money over the Federal Reserve money because it's cheaper and it's backed by the US Government. Bye Bye Federal Reserve. Then the whole trend will snowball to other countries.

Ron Paul is fucking dangerous if you are a big banker so they will do what they have to do to keep this man out of office.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    the rEVOLution is on!

http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2012/03/...mber-quits.php

first the precincts, then the districts, now the counties... next the states!
    On what?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

You are right Nitro. The last President we had that tried that was JFK....he even went so far as to order our currency to be backed by Silver....and it got so far as dollar bills being issued by the Treasury called "Silver Certificates".

Kennedy wanted the Federal Government to control the currency...NOT the Federal Reserve Bank.

Amazing how one President could piss off everyone on Earth you do not want to piss off, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. The FBI, the CIA, The Mafia, The Federal Reserve Bank, Castro, Krushev, LBJ.....

Well, we all know what happened next. And the Silver Certificates were all recalled, and the Federal Reserve Bank got back to "business as usual".

With some of the policies Ron Paul has, I think him refusing Secret Service protection is extremely dangerous.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    On what?
    On track to capture a lot of the caucus delegates. In other news, RP just took all the delegates in St. Louis, MO!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm hopeful for the final totals. Every delegate Ron Paul takes beyond what the media claims he would get in a proportional allocation is a delegate he takes from someone else... moving him up in the placements. Romney and Santorum won't have as many delegates from those early states as everyone thinks.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Again, I seriously hope those of you who think Ron Paul might actually win via delegates taking over a brokered convention, are doing all you can to elect Liberals to congress. Because solid Liberal majorities in both houses are the only defense against a Randtard fascist nightmare, in the unlikely event that Ron Paul becomes President.

If we could actually have the Congressional election first, and this was accomplished, I'd actually consider voting for the old wacko.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

if a liberal or conservative or whatever is in line with my philosophy, I'm voting for them. As long as I feel like I can trust them.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    if a liberal or conservative or whatever is in line with my philosophy, I'm voting for them. As long as I feel like I can trust them.
    Trust? Well that eliminates 99.9% of the politicians you can choose from.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

RP polls best against Obama - again

Romney is actually not the most electable Republican candidate on this poll. Ron Paul and Rick Santorum both do a point better than him, trailing by 3 points at 46-43 and 48-45 respectively. As we often find to be the case Paul is the strongest candidate with independents, tying Obama with them while the rest of the GOP field trails by 6-15 points. The reason Santorum does better than Romney is a slightly more unified Republican base, getting 81% of his party vote to 78% for Romney.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...l-margins.html
    absolutely false. there is no way in hell that ron paul could win in a general election. none. no republican's going to run ads attacking ron paul for his positions on social security and medicare. but, without question, he'd get decimated in a general election once his opponent and the independent PACs started making it clear.

mind you, i'm NOT trying to convince you not to support ron paul if he best represents your views. good.

however, this particular poll is meaningless.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Did he solve any of them, fucktard?
    "Solve"? I think he finally withdrew the troops from Iraq for one. The Great Recession never became a depression for two...but I'm not really a fan of defending Obama on the internetz since he's disappointed me a bit too...

Fucktard? Really?

Oooh, a "vast" blanket statement! Seems you Asperger's no no grammatical bounds.
    Psycho, histrionic bitch says what?

Ever heard of the NDAA Bill, fuckhead?
    Yeah, it has something to do with defense, and your apparent love for the f-bomb...

Kardashian? Personally, I never seen the show, Nick. Must be a "vast" blanket statement on your part;
    I'm sorry. I must have been making assumptions based on your pulling facts out of your ass. Silly me!

...food and gas prices on the rise, but foreclosures are down 33% which you are basing your freshly Googled DOW 2007 levels upon, and what "vasly" (there is that word again) ecomonist are you citing that you cannot Google in 5 minutes? If you don't think the ecomoney is still in the shitter, you really need to find yourself a job and get the fuck out of your parent's house. Quit Googling your "vast" arguments, fuckhead.
    I didn't "Google" anything, you fuckity-fuck! It's called reading the paper, the occasional magazine, and articles on internet news sites...

Good for you, Nick.
    Yep! Super good for me...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Then what was he promising, Google Boy?
    Vague shit, like every politician...

Also haven't tried running for any political office, either.
    Oh, you don't tell people what they want to hear?

Again good for you. Might come in handy when you apply at BestBuy. And he is a puppet.
    I doubt they'd hire me. But good of you to slight the personnel of BestBuy. I know, you're too good for the scum you encounter on your trite mall wanderings...

Only if you go fuck yourself with a chainsaw.
    You're so kinky!

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knuckleboner View Post
    absolutely false. there is no way in hell that ron paul could win in a general election. none. no republican's going to run ads attacking ron paul for his positions on social security and medicare. but, without question, he'd get decimated in a general election once his opponent and the independent PACs started making it clear.

mind you, i'm NOT trying to convince you not to support ron paul if he best represents your views. good.

however, this particular poll is meaningless.
    I'm not sure his positions on SS or Medicare are a big problem? He's said many times that he's going to do everything he can to make them solvent and protected from being spent on anything else while allowing people under 25 to opt out if they wish. He ensures there is solvency there for the future by reducing overseas spending.

I don't think the poll is meaningless. It shows how people view electability.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

On track to capture a lot of the caucus delegates. In other news, RP just took all the delegates in St. Louis, MO!
    here's a quote from one of the people there:

We won all 36 delegates and all 36 alternates!

I was just elected a delegate for the city of St. Louis caucus, it was winner take all and that we did. The vote went something like this: 148 votes for our slate,72 for Santorum slate, 50 or so the the Romney slate. There was not a Newt supporter to be found. We immediately took control of the caucus and it went reasonably well. The other two sides were very unorganized and our organization really shined. If any of the volunteers are reading you guys rocked! I work a lot during the week and have a hard time volunteering, but am definitely going to try from here on out. On a side note, I was surprised there were even that many Republicans in the city limits, nice to see you all!

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm not sure his positions on SS or Medicare are a big problem? He's said many times that he's going to do everything he can to make them solvent and protected from being spent on anything else while allowing people under 25 to opt out if they wish. He ensures there is solvency there for the future by reducing overseas spending.

I don't think the poll is meaningless. It shows how people view electability.
    it doesn't matter what he says now. it mattters that the democrats will put up paul's old quotes and he'll have to either repudiate them (flip flop) or try and explain them away (typical politician.) either way, once people start putting out negatives against him, ron paul's ratings will drop. nobody's doing that in the primary. santorum and gingrich are attacking romney, and to a lesser extent obama. romney's attacking obama, and to a lesser extent santorum.

hence why i think the poll is meaningless with respect to ron paul vs. obama performance. whatever the polls are showing now will inevitably change significantly once people actually start going negative against paul. and, for better or for worse, obama's negatives already are out there.

15. Thanked knuckleboner for this KICKASS post:

Nickdfresh (03-25-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

fair enough

At the same time I think if he did get the nomination and got his ideas out there and was able to talk about liberty and freedom and what he wants to do, he would appeal to a lot more people as well.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

looks like Ron Paul took Jackson County, MO today too... MO is looking to be good for RP!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Again, I seriously hope those of you who think Ron Paul might actually win via delegates taking over a brokered convention, are doing all you can to elect Liberals to congress. Because solid Liberal majorities in both houses are the only defense against a Randtard fascist nightmare
    How 'bout you drop the left/right bullshit...

And there is no Rantard nightmare...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    it doesn't matter what he says now. it mattters that the democrats will put up paul's old quotes and he'll have to either repudiate them (flip flop) or try and explain them away (typical politician.) either way, once people start putting out negatives against him, ron paul's ratings will drop.
    Utter bullshit...

You're making it up as you go along...

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I guess Sanitorum took Louisianastan...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post

And there is no Rantard nightmare...
    No Randtard nightmare?

Then why are the teabaggers in congress trying to pass that ludicrous piece of shit Jockstrap Ryan budget again.

You know.... Jockstrap Ryan? The guy who REQUIRES his staffers to read "Atlas Shrugged".

And you want to elect a President who named his son after that treasonous serial killer worshipping lunatic??

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We are already in a fascist nightmare.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Rand isn't named after Ayn rand.

Randal Howard Paul[6] was born on January 7, 1963, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Carol Wells Paul and Ron Paul. Paul's father is a physician and U.S. Representative of Texas's 14th congressional district. The middle child of five, his siblings are Ronald "Ronnie" Paul Jr., Lori Paul Pyeatt, Robert Paul and Joy Paul-LeBlanc.[7] Paul was baptized in the Episcopal Church[8] and identified as a practicing Christian as a teenager.[9] Despite his father's libertarian views and strong support for individual rights,[9][10] the novelist Ayn Rand was not the inspiration for Paul's first name; he went by "Randy" while growing up.[11] His wife shortened his name to "Rand".[9][12][13]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rand_Paul

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Doc...

The liberal pieces of shit that post here think their bullshit is gospel...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dennis Kucinich (in 2008) says he'd pick Ron Paul as his running mate ... wonder if Ron Paul would say the same?

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

classic.

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-05-2023 @ 02:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thank you, Doc...

THIS Liberal knows My Gospel is Gospel!

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

fair enough

At the same time I think if he did get the nomination and got his ideas out there and was able to talk about liberty and freedom and what he wants to do, he would appeal to a lot more people as well.
    dude, i totally agree with you on that. in a general election, ron paul would do better than most people think he would. though he'd still lose by a decent amount. that's not necessarily an attack on paul as much as to say that the populace isn't ready for a libertarian president. but whereas many people think he'd be slaughtered, i think he'd clearly overperform.

and, as i said before, PLEASE don't assume my (speculative) analysis means i think you should stop your support. the knuckleboner's in this for the debate, not to influence.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Lemme ax you dis, palmboner...

How do you think Paul would fare running independent against Romney and Obama ??

How 'bout Sanitorum and Obama ??

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Utter bullshit...

You're making it up as you go along...
    holy moly, it's like talking to a 4 year old. ok, i'll try this once more, cause i firmly believe you need to engage the minds of little kids.

look, if you like ron paul, that's great. i'm in no way trying to tell you not to vote for him and support him. that said, what i wrote is EXACTLY how campaigns are run. if you don't like it, that doesn't change the fact that that's the way it is.

currently, there are no negative ads against ron paul because neither obama nor the other republican candidates view him as a threat. but if he were THE republican nominee, the democrats would run them. and there's plenty of chances to show ron paul saying he thinks social security and medicare are unconstitutional. now, i don't care if he's right, or if he follows that up by saying, "but i wouldn't get rid of them." the fact is negative ads are not fair and balanced. and if you don't think that a strong negative attack against a politician who has admited he doesn't think social security and medicare should have been adopted won't push his negatives down a bit, then you have no concept of American elections.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    holy moly, it's like talking to a 4 year old.
    You're underestimating me...

I do have a somewhat informed view of american elections, and based on my observations the game is rigged and corrupted by big money...

But the difference between Paul and Obama or Romney or anyone else, is that Paul can answer a negative attack with clear, well thought out reasons of why he does or does not support this or that, as opposed to reading it off a teleprompter or sticking his finger in the political wind...

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You're underestimating me...

I do have a somewhat informed view of american elections, and based on my observations the game is rigged and corrupted by big money...

But the difference between Paul and Obama or Romney or anyone else, is that Paul can answer a negative attack with clear, well thought out reasons of why he does or does not support this or that, as opposed to reading it off a teleprompter or sticking his finger in the political wind...
    i'm not underestimating you. i just thought that it was a little infantile to call bullshit on the fact that once negative ads go up against ron paul, his ratings will drop a bit. that's just common sense.

and i have no doubt that he'll do a good job answering. but unfortunately, even, negative ads work regardless of how well one responds. the electoral process may or may not be rigged, but the electorate is definitely not always rational. and if you put it out there that ron paul wants to kill medicare and social security, backed with a few of his statements (even taken out of context), it will harm him, regardless. all of the time he spends trying to defend is time he could've spent telling why you should elect him. and voters are notoriously selfish and irrational when it comes to social security and medicare. if obama or the PACs dump $50 million on ads in florida about ron paul's attacks on medicare and social security, it's a given that florida goes for obama. might not be fair. but fact ain't always fair.

33. Thanked knuckleboner for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (03-26-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ron Paul Upsets Santorum In Missouri Caucuses Buoyed By Huge Youth Turnout

Ron Paul emerged victorious in the Missouri caucus due to his unmatched grassroots organization and his ability to turn out the youth vote.

The final outcome of Missouri’s lengthy caucus process may not be known for months. Early results, however, indicate that Ron Paul may well walk away from the state with the most delegates. Yesterday, his supporters overwhelmed the largest pooled caucus – Jackson county, responsible for sending 179 delegates to the state and congressional district conventions – winning over two-thirds of the available delegate slots. Mr. Paul also swept St. Louis, winning all of the city’s 36 delegates.

Missouri’s second and third largest caucuses, which convened last Saturday, reported similar results. In Greene county (111 delegates), Paul backers won nearly 60% of the delegate slots. In St. Charles (147 delegates), they so thoroughly dominated that the county GOP chair, allegedly a Santorum supporter, adjourned the meeting and called in the police to prevent the election from taking place.

In each of these counties, Paul supporters were outnumbered by Santorum supporters by at least 4-to-1*. Against these daunting odds, the Ron Paulers emerged victorious due to their unmatched grassroots organization and their ability to turn out the youth vote. In Greene county, party insiders said they had “never seen so many young people at a Republican caucus.”

Missouri’s results – a shot in the arm for the Paul campaign – have led many observers to conclude that Mr. Paul’s caucus strategy is working better than they had anticipated. His strong performance follows several events in recent weeks that suggest that Ron Paul supporters – energized by the message of limited government and fiscal conservatism – are quickly taking over the leadership of the Republican party at the state and local levels across the country.

Earlier this month, in Las Vegas, Paul supporters were elected to two-thirds of the board positions in the Clark County Republican Party after winning more county convention delegates than any other candidate at the caucuses – including Mitt Romney. Meanwhile, in Iowa, the state co-chair of the Paul campaign was elected as the chairman of the Iowa Republican Party in February. Last week, Paul supporters swept all the delegate slots in two of Seattle’s largest legislative district conventions.

Such accomplishments belie the mainstream media’s efforts to marginalize Ron Paul’s candidacy. The Associated Press’s projections, for example, report the Texas congressman as being last in the delegate count. Election analysts, however, insist that those projections are driven by a failure to understand the rules governing delegate allocation in caucus states. Josh Putnam, election expert and professor of political science, agrees. The AP delegate count, he admits, is based on “a fantasy proportional allocation of delegates in the non-binding caucus states.”

Heading into the Missouri caucuses, the New York Times reported that Rick Santorum was "frantically wooing voters" in an attempt to secure a "second victory." Since then, the Times' caucus blog has maintained complete silence about Ron Paul's unexpectedly strong performance in the state.

With his likely victory in Missouri, Mr. Paul has shown once again that his campaign – fueled by the passion and determination of millions of grassroots supporters across the country – should not be written off too quickly. He has more than doubled his voter base since 2008, intends to compete aggressively in Texas and California, and continues to upend the establishment narrative at every turn. Regardless of who wins the Republican nomination, all available evidence suggests that the Ron Paul movement will continue to be a significant force in American politics for decades to come.

* In Missouri’s Feb. 7 primary – meaningless, since it awarded zero delegates - the ratio of Santorum votes to Paul votes was 3.8 in Jackson county, 4.3 in St. Charles county, and 4.5 in Greene county. Ron Paul won the majority of the county-level delegates in Jackson and Greene counties, and is expected to do the same in St. Charles when it holds its rescheduled caucus on April 10.
    Missouri doesn't matter anyway

Who cares if RP winds up winning there

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

dude, i totally agree with you on that. in a general election, ron paul would do better than most people think he would. though he'd still lose by a decent amount. that's not necessarily an attack on paul as much as to say that the populace isn't ready for a libertarian president. but whereas many people think he'd be slaughtered, i think he'd clearly overperform.

and, as i said before, PLEASE don't assume my (speculative) analysis means i think you should stop your support. the knuckleboner's in this for the debate, not to influence.
    I'd like to think he wouldn't lose to Obama, as he can outflank him on the left and right. What makes me more happy right now is that we are taking fighting to take control of the local and state levels of the GOP. If we can change things, at these levels, eventually we can change them at the national level. Everywhere it seems like RP people are getting themselves elected to local and county GOP offices (as much as they can).

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    We just have to realize we really don't have a free press anymore. It's biased one way or the other and it always supports banking industry blessed candidates. They finance both sides of the isle. We have had republican presidents and we have had democratic presidents and the result is the same. More wars, more consolidation of businesses, and more government intrusion. Obama hasn't really done anything different than what Bush/Cheney would have done. We got more corporate bailouts, we got more wars, we got more government/corporate schemes thanks to Obamacare. British Petroleum pretty much got to do whatever the hell it wanted.

It all still looks like bullets, bombs, banks, and oil to me no matter who sits in the oval office.

If you have anyone who is going to break that pattern of course they were going to be ignored and the public told they have no chance in winning. I hear this all the time. Ron Paul can't win. The question is this the actual truth or is it someone just saying that to discourage people from supporting Ron Paul? He actually seems more popular than what the press is letting on.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ron paul rallies are in the thousands. Santorum/Romney/Gingrich rallies are in the dozens/hundreds at the most. Problem is that there's a lot more people that make their decision based on what they see at the news than those that go to see the candidates.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

St. Charles GOP on camera talking about manipulating caucus outcomes in spite of whomever has the majority

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Since I just know you guys are as energized by these updates as I am ... Missouri is progressing into the district conventions, and guess what -- Ron Paul just won the 5th! And guess who got absolutely zero delegates - Missouri Primary winner Rick Santorum.

Here's an update from the Caucus Chairman:

"Yes, We Did!!!

"Not only was I elected Caucus Chairman on the first vote but after a five and a half hour caucus with 1012 people in attendance, we won 2/3rds of the delegates for Dr. Ron Paul. The other third went to Mitt Romney.

"Bottom line was that we only had about 400 votes, not enough to fully control the delegates but by pulling in another 200 votes from the Romney people, we then had a majority to control the caucus. Even then, it was definitely a fight. And being the Chair, a fight I could not even help with.

"Our floor captains had headsets on so they could communicate on the floor of the caucus. We were so organized and well scripted it went really smooth. Of course the Santorum and Gingrich people had an organized slate as well, and put up a fight over the rules - amendment after amendment. It was clear their goal was to tire us out so our people would leave. But the longer we went, the less numbers THEY had. NEVER underestimate a Ron Paul Liberty voter in a caucus. We will stay until we are dead! I would guess that the other 3 campaigns list about 160 voters between them as the day wore on, we only lost about 12.

"There was a bit of anger from the Santorum folks that the Romney and Paul folks were making a deal to control the slate of delegates. Let them be angry - THEY also made a deal with the Gingrich folks AND they sent negotiators to me at the edge of the stage AS WE ARE VOTING ON THE FIRST SLATE, to talk the Paul camp into switching over to work with them. I told the guy that he was too late; not a chance - a deal is a deal, my integrity and ethics are on the line - where were you first thing this morning? You knew your numbers or should have known them.

"So they can scream about deal making all they want, but they were also dealing because they did not have the numbers. In politics, numbers are important on votes - make sure you are dealing with the people with ENOUGH numbers to help you, but NOT ENOUGH to over rule you. We made a very good deal for each of our campaigns and after I get the caucus certified by the state party, which should be Wednesday at the latest, I can tell you more. But I want THIS in the bag before I share any more details that might jeopardize the deal. Yes, there is more to tell. Dr. Paul is in great shape in the 5th District of Missouri."

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Missouri Primary winner pRick Santorum.
    <embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&contentValue=50122164&shareUrl=h ttp://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7403244n" />

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

My Adventure as a Ron Paul Delegate: The Media Gets It Wrong
    by John Connolly

As I stated in my first post, there is a vast difference between a straw poll and a caucus. Read that post if you want to learn more how that works.

But now that I voted today [March 24] as a precinct delegate at the Jefferson County convention, I’m going to give you numbers, but also going to tell you how bad the process was and how the caucus at one point almost came to a complete halt. I will also give you my thoughts on how this is looking to play out. I will also tell you what I witnessed as to what the average Ron Paul supporter type and this will hopefully give you a better picture than the media is throwing out there.

First off, the media is reporting false information. I have not seen some of the local rags, but it is reported that the local media is taking their cue from the mainstream and getting it all wrong too.

The reality is that the State of Washington may not go to Romney. The delegates picked through the caucus process are definitely, in my experience, at the precinct and now at the county level, heavily weighting to Ron Paul – so much for the electability problem. It just looks as if the more people try to use that unsubstantiated argument, the more Ron Paul seems to do better.

OK. You want numbers to back it up. Here is the data from Jefferson County – my county.

Of the 115 precinct delegates selected only 31 chose to put their name in the hat to become County Delegates for the State Convention which happens May 30th through June 2nd. Why so few people? Because many can’t make it on those days or do not have the funds to travel. Interesting that it can come to that level of sacrifice, which I have stated is the strength of the average Ron Paul supporter. It takes time and money to be at the state caucus and even more so at the national convention in Florida in August. I’m thinking the Ron Paul supporter is going to pull the underdog with his or her own cash more than any other supporter for any other candidate.

Breaking this 31 down here is what we have.
    Ron Paul – 17
    Mitt Romney – 8
    Rick Santorum – 4
    Newt Gingrich – 2

So before we even vote on the 8 open delegate slots, we are more than 50% in the majority for Ron Paul across the precincts in our county. Incidentally from what I understand, 3 other slots were closed and automatically filled by county GOP chair and a couple other board members. Yes. Technically they are the establishment and I am not sure of their favorite candidates. Not even going to guess on that.

Now in filling the 8 slots, the voting process was a completely complicated process and unnecessarily so. The head person at one point was telling the 115 delegate voters that only the 31 state candidates could vote. They actually had to check the RULES! This is like saying that the four GOP candidates can only vote for themselves! I was baffled by the lack of organization. At one point a former Pan Am flight attendant just took control and started getting things organized. The chairman got back on track after awhile, so they ended up following the rules and selecting County Delegates legitimately.
    So it took 3 ballot rounds of voting. I will probably never understand why they use the process of elimination as the method – but they did. It’s probably easier to follow if you are used to High School Basketball District Championships, but I digress.

The first round tossed out 5 candidates. We are down to 26.
    The second round tossed out another handful and one of the candidates won the first of the 8 County Delegate slots. Now we are down to about 18 left.
    The third round filled the other 7 positions.
    The final tally for the 8 open positions,
    Ron Paul – 7
    Mitt Romney – 1
    The other guys – 0

I am curious. If the other counties are having similar results, what do you think the State Convention is going to look like? This is only one state, but it appears from the YouTube videos and other reports out there this is happening in other states (Nevada/Colorado and more).
    As for the demographic, I cannot give you hard numbers as I did not go and ask each person how old they were, but I will tell you this, this county has a LARGE senior citizen population and most of the people at the convention there today, roughly 90% were over the age of 50. So we got all this Ron Paul success from a bunch of elderly educated, likely non-pot smoking crowd? How will MSNBC or Fox spin that madness?

Lastly, I think it is going to be a bit difficult for the one Romney Delegate, to stand up with the other seven Ron Paul delegates and say Ron Paul is not electable. Just sayin’.
    John Connolly is a software developer and avid sushi eater in Washington State.
    more RP victories... this time in Washington.

http://consultingbyrpm.com/blog/2012...-delegate.html

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

So RP won?

Thank God that's over......

Thread Information