Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I think a good cure for part of the problem would be putting term limits on congressmen and forbidding federal employees from accepting lobbyist $$$.

If the president can only serve two terms, why are congressmen like Barney Frank allowed to be there for thirty years?

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Nothing changes, except the myths and half-truths I see everyone who has a hard-on for Ron Paul perpetuating in their masturbatory fantasies of Paul as the rebel, underdog outsider (whose served years in congress). And who only has a few members of the military voting for him and giving him their money.

Personally, I don't give a fuck who you vote for, but stop the silly charade of vanity and stop picking apart everything you hate about Obama while completely, dutifully ignoring all of the logical inconsistencies in Paul...

I get it! Paul is a spry geriatric son of God and a result of an immaculate conception. He walks on water, and will form a utopia spoken of only high highhandedly in the Communist Manifesto of when the governments of the world magically melt away.

But personally, I think he might be full of shit and completely ineffectual...
      Okay, cool... I'll be happy to participate in a thread talking about how awesome/kickass any of the other candidates you support would be, should you choose to start/hijack one.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
        I'd like Nick to take all the current "major" presidential contenders from the following list and order them from Most Corrupt to Least Corrupt.

President Obama
        Speaker Gingrich
        Congressman Paul
        Senator Santorum
        Governor Romney

I'm very interested to see where he ranks each in comparison to the other.
        Define "corrupt." What does "corrupt" mean in this instance?
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-29-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

I'll let you provide the definition and the rankings
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Warham
            I think a good cure for part of the problem would be putting term limits on congressmen and forbidding federal employees from accepting lobbyist $$$.
            That would solve a lot of problems. They should make it to where only registered voters can donate to campaigns and organizations and corporations can't. Then put a limit on the amount per person to keep the rich from owning the politicians.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

If the president can only serve two terms, why are congressmen like Barney Frank allowed to be there for thirty years?
              But the party you tend to support, and the one Ron Paul is a member of, far more tenaciously fights for lobbyist dollars and contributions than does the party that Obama is part of? Remember the McCain-Feingold Act?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                I'll let you provide the definition and the rankings
                I don't want too.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The true "cure" would be to severely restrict the amount of time spent on the campaign trail and curtailing election cycles, as they do in the UK and Europe...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

It's good that this was even an issue for you to begin with....
                    Let's face it. It was a big part of what all the excitement was about. You had a black candidate that looked like they finally could win and it was historical. Then of course if you criticized the guy, there was a certain group that would accuse you of not wanting a black president. So Obama did get a lot of special treatment another candidate would have not gotten. He was more protected by the press and others. Now it's history and that part of our past is done with. Now anyone that does run won't be anything special because we have already broken that barrier so I see it as a good thing because now we can focus on issues more than so and so is a woman, black, hispanic or whatever. It's a good thing.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

The true "cure" would be to severely restrict the amount of time spent on the campaign trail and curtailing election cycles, as they do in the UK and Europe...
                      I don't think that would work. Obama can say he's doing the people's work while he's out making speeches, which are really just glorified fundraisers.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

These are the people you have to worry about.

I don't understand all the stuff you see about Obama being corrupt. Ineffective yes but what is the motivation for him to be corrupt money wise? He lives in a guilded cage. If he wants to go back to Chicago they close all the streets for a few blocks around his house and put black drapes over the windows to stop snipers. If he goes to Hawaii to go scuba diving they close the beach, the airspace above the beach and 30 Secret Service guys with underwater guns get in the sea with him.

When he retires he retains all sorts of shit, he gets a big pension and knows that he can make a few million a year salary from doing a dozen speeches a year. Money is not an issue for him.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Let's face it. It was a big part of what all the excitement was about. You had a black candidate that looked like they finally could win and it was historical. Then of course if you criticized the guy, there was a certain group that would accuse you of not wanting a black president. So Obama did get a lot of special treatment another candidate would have not gotten. He was more protected by the press and others. Now it's history and that part of our past is done with. Now anyone that does run won't be anything special because we have already broken that barrier so I see it as a good thing because now we can focus on issues more than so and so is a woman, black, hispanic or whatever. It's a good thing.
                          Okay, so you're a bit racist, er, racially conscious, fine. But please recall in detail all of the other candidates and alternatives to Obama...

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

But the party you tend to support, and the one Ron Paul is a member of, far more tenaciously fights for lobbyist dollars and contributions than does the party that Obama is part of? Remember the McCain-Feingold Act?
                            If that's true, the Republicans are getting a raw deal. Democrats get more money from lobbyists.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I don't think that would work. Obama can say he's doing the people's work while he's out making speeches, which are really just glorified fundraisers.
                              What's he supposed to do? Jerkoff to Michelle Bachmann while watching the GOP debates as they amass cash? I doubt you complained about Dumbya's "glorified fundraisers" against that evil ketchup monster Kerry in 2004...

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                These are the people you have to worry about.

I don't understand all the stuff you see about Obama being corrupt. Ineffective yes but what is the motivation for him to be corrupt money wise? He lives in a guilded cage. If he wants to go back to Chicago they close all the streets for a few blocks around his house and put black drapes over the windows to stop snipers. If he goes to Hawaii to go scuba diving they close the beach, the airspace above the beach and 30 Secret Service guys with underwater guns get in the sea with him.

When he retires he retains all sorts of shit, he gets a big pension and knows that he can make a few million a year salary from doing a dozen speeches a year. Money is not an issue for him.
                                I'm not just talking about Barack Obama. I'm talking about people in both parties, Republicans and Democrats.

Comment

Working...