Thread: ron paul=awesome/kickass?

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Rand Paul supports Mittens, Daddy's fan club ain't happy!

Ron Paul Supporters Are Fuming Mad at Rand Paul
    Reuters
    John Hudson 9,167 Views Jun 8, 2012

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt Romney last night is igniting a fury of rage from his father's hardcore fan base. In a sort of libertarian version of Bob Dylan going electric (ask your parents), the Kentucky senator's enthusiastic endorsement of Romney has Ron Paul forums fuming with cries of "Judas" and "Benedict Arnold."

"Rand is dead to me," wrote, Ruffusthedog at the Daily Paul, a heavily-visited pro-Paul website. "He should have never done this." "Rand Paul is a sell out," user Alxnz exclaimed. "He just lost my vote in 2016." "All he had to do was not open his mouth," wrote user Conalmc. Others even took their anger out on Ron Paul himself. "What will it be Old Man Ron? Will you be forever remembered as the leader in the greatest liberty movement since 1776, or will you go down as Benedict Arnold incarnate," threatened lionsuar7788. "We will never vote for Romney or your flimsy son."

What's interesting about Sen. Paul's announcement last night on Fox News is he appeared highly aware of the backlash the endorsement might cause on Internet forums and repeatedly referenced his father's "legion" of online followers. Paul said he and Romney "talked about issues frankly that are important to me, important to my dad and to many of his followers." "My dad has a legion of young followers who are on the Internet," Paul told Fox News host Sean Hannity, "and they think they rule the Internet and maybe they do or maybe they don't, but they're very concerned about the freedom of the Internet." But pointing out he and Romney's shared opposition to the Stop Online Privacy Act could not quel the anger of libertarians who despise Romney on a range of issues foreign and domestic.

On the popular Ron Paul fan site RonPaul.com, the headline of the news said it all via emoticon: ":-("

"What the heck! If Ron Paul supports/endorses Romney next I will forever lose faith in change and the belief that there are still individuals out there that think for themselves and want to strive for true Liberty," wrote Ran at RonPaul.com. User Scott R worked his way into a slow building fit of rage. "Rand, you really have let me down big time," he wrote. "Many of us were hoping that you could fill Ron’s shoes going forward in another 4 years say. By endorsing Romney, you are endorsing all the overseas wars, the FED (a private banking cartel), state mandated health care and the patriot act. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU???"

On both forums, the tide of incredulous—and highly personal—comments continued ad nauseam. With Ron Paul's diehard supporters being one of his most formidable assets, especially when it comes to winning straw polls or online money bomb fundraisers, you've got to wonder if Rand Paul risks jeopardizing the family brand. Here's the traitorous endorsement in all its glory:

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BTW, thanks Rand, for spelling out all the reasons why Mittens must absolutely not be allowed to win - or steal - the next election.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 09:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 997 Posts

yeah, they are all pretty pissed.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

They expected him to endorse someone no longer running?

wow

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post
    They expected him to endorse someone no longer running?

wow
    I realize you aren't being serious, but I'll respond anyway.

I do think that some are mad at him for "abandoning" Ron Paul (as they see it). I think the campaigns probably coordinated it given the timing of certain things Ron and Rand were doing. That shouldn't surprise anyone, but apparently it did.

A lot of people wanted the Paul family to become a political dynasty for libertarians, which is a bit ludicrous given the libertarian mindset. They wanted Rand to pick up where his Dad left off, hoping that he would be more "user-friendly" and electable than his Dad. Well, that comes with stuff they don't like ... like a willingness to embrace Romney.

Additionally, Ron Paul has spoken for months that you take the party over from within and show the other republicans that they should accept us by participating and unifying with the party. The Ron Paul people heard what he had to say but never really took it to heart. I don't really take it to heart that much, either.

Some people say that Rand is saying what he has to in order to keep Kentuckians happy and then he can go back to voting how he votes and no one will pay attention. I dunno about that.

At the end of the day I think the r3volution should be about more than just Ron Paul, or the Paul family, and Rand can do whatever he wants. The movement will be stronger if someone else, or a few people, come out of the woodwork to take on the mantle and continue moving things forward. I'm very pleased with what we accomplished. We accomplished many of our goals, but not all. I can view that as success in this climate.

The journey will take many more election cycles. People need to calm down and recognize that.
    Last edited by Dr. Love; 06-10-2012 at 05:10 PM.

7. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

ELVIS (06-10-2012)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    Additionally, Ron Paul has spoken for months that you take the party over from within and show the other republicans that they should accept us by participating and unifying with the party. The Ron Paul people heard what he had to say but never really took it to heart. I don't really take it to heart that much, either.

And it's also much easier to indefinitely stay in congress when you're in a party and not independent...

You know, enjoying a lucrative salary, excellent health insurance, the ability to give yourself raises, a nice retirement--all while pissing and moaning for smaller gov't...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-10-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I realize you aren't being serious, but I'll respond anyway.

I do think that some are mad at him for "abandoning" Ron Paul (as they see it). I think the campaigns probably coordinated it given the timing of certain things Ron and Rand were doing. That shouldn't surprise anyone, but apparently it did.

A lot of people wanted the Paul family to become a political dynasty for libertarians, which is a bit ludicrous given the libertarian mindset. They wanted Rand to pick up where his Dad left off, hoping that he would be more "user-friendly" and electable than his Dad. Well, that comes with stuff they don't like ... like a willingness to embrace Romney.

Some people say that Rand is saying what he has to in order to keep Kentuckians happy and then he can go back to voting how he votes and no one will pay attention. I dunno about that.

At the end of the day I think the r3volution should be about more than just Ron Paul, or the Paul family, and Rand can do whatever he wants. The movement will be stronger if someone else, or a few people, come out of the woodwork to take on the mantle and continue moving things forward. I'm very pleased with what we accomplished. We accomplished many of our goals, but not all. I can view that as success in this climate.

The journey will take many more election cycles. People need to calm down and recognize that.
    rand is positioning himself for the 2016/2020 run. period.

whether romney wins or not, rand supporting him helps convince the mainstream party that rand is a viable candidate for the next nomination.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I know

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, I know
    stay with it, man.

12. Thanked knuckleboner for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (06-11-2012)

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Doug Wead from the Ron Paul campaign is on the Malloy show with guest host Brad Friedman this evilning (6/13). Check your local listings.

Or just click this link to listen live .... http://www.am950radio.com/listen-live

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wead pretty much admitted that this whole thing is as much about propping Junior as it is Ron himself anymore. Well, that should kill any illusion that anybody might have about Ron Paul saving the country.

Because Rand could no more save your country than I, the Devil, could save your soul.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There are some things I don't like about Rand, but he votes a lot more like his Dad than most of Congress. Depending on your philosophical bent, that could be a good or bad thing.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I certainly support him proposing legislation like this:

Rand Paul proposes bill to prevent warrantless drone surveillance

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) introduced legislation on Tuesday that would prohibit law enforcement agencies from using unmanned aerial vehicles to conduct surveillance without a warrant.

“I’m not against technology per se,” he explained on CNN. “What I am for are the constitutional processes that protect our civil liberties. So, you know, it’s not like I’m against the police using cars or against them using airplanes or helicopters or robots. But I am for personal privacy for saying that no policeman will ever do this without asking a judge for permission.”

This year’s Federal Aviation Administration funding bill contained provisions that made it easier for law enforcement agencies to use drones within the United States. The new law requires the FAA to speed up the process by which it authorizes government agencies to operate drones. The law also requires the FAA to allow agencies to operate any drone weighing 4.4 pounds or less as long as it is operated within line of sight, during the day and below 400 feet in altitude.

The American Civil Liberties Union has warned the law could usher in an “era of aerial surveillance.” The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in the 1980s that the Fourth Amendment did not categorically prohibit warrantless aerial surveillance of private property. The cost of purchasing, operating and maintaining aircraft imposed a natural limit on aerial surveillance. With the advent of drones, however, the ACLU doesn’t see law enforcement agencies being held back by the costs.

“A drone is a very, very powerful way of snooping on behavior,” Paul noted.

His Preserving Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act of 2012 would require the government to obtain a warrant before using drones to conduct surveillance. However, the government would not be required to obtain a warrant to use drones to patrol the national borders, when swift action was necessary to prevent “imminent danger to life,” or if there was determined to be a high risk of a terrorist attack.

“What I would say is that drones can be used if you have a proper warrant,” Paul told CNN. “But that means you go through a judge. A judge has to say there is probable cause of a crime. But I don’t want drones roaming across, crisscrossing our cities and our country snooping on Americans. And that’s the surveillance state that I’m very concerned about. And that’s what our bill would stop.”
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/06/1...-surveillance/

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

There are some things I don't like about Rand, but he votes a lot more like his Dad than most of Congress. Depending on your philosophical bent, that could be a good or bad thing.
    This sounds alot like why many of US vote the way we do...and you ridicule us for it..

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I intentionally did not say I liked (or supported) Rand in that post because I haven't really made up my mind how I view him as a politician separate from his father. So the parallel you are drawing between me and the rest of you isn't really valid. If I do choose to support him it would be because I believe in him specifically.

I ridicule many of the people here because they vote more often against a person than for a person, and won't vote for someone they don't think is going to win, and because they all seem so willing to accept the non-choices that they are given. There is a very big difference between that and what I do. I firmly believe that a vote for someone out of conviction for someone I know will not win is more meaningful than a resigned vote for the lesser-of-two-evils simply because someone dislikes 1 candidate slightly less than the other. That, to me, is a wasted vote, because it does nothing but validate the idea that the public is willing to accept the idea that they only ever get 2 choices and that they are really, really crappy choices, at that.

That's why I don't give FORD any shit about Rocky Anderson. I respect that he is voting for someone other than Obama because he believes in the person more. FORD knows that Rocky won't win just like I knew that Ron Paul wouldn't win -- but that doesn't diminish the desire to advocate for people to consider an outside option. A lot of these people pick on Obama and Romney over such non-substantial, inconsequential, bullshit issues, never really acknowledging that they are basically the same candidate on the vast majority of important issues, and will likely govern the same, and won't change a damn thing.

I understand why you would take away what you did from my 1 ambiguous sentence. Hopefully you understand my point of view better.

Could be worse, I could post anti-gay stuff or racist stuff just to rile up jhale. Besides, I have taken plenty of ridicule from plenty of other people, including you, over my support for a candidate and message that would never win. I expect you can take my ridicule in return.
    Last edited by Dr. Love; 06-14-2012 at 03:53 AM.

19. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

LoungeMachine (06-14-2012)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Rand thinks he can change the retardican party from within...

I disagree...

And is hair looks gay...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,561 Times in 3,449 Posts

22. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Dr. Love (07-10-2012)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh, this is f*cking hilarious...

Pastor: ‘God wants Ron Paul to be president… We must obey’

A California pastor says God has personally told him that Christians must vote for Rep. Ron Paul (R-CA) to be the next president of the United States.

“God wants Ron Paul to be President,” USA Christian Ministries Pastor Steven Andrew said in a statement released on Wednesday. “Paul is the only Christian still running who beat Obama in polls, but will Christians and pastors obey God?”

“We must obey God and vote for Christians.”

Andrew believes that President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney are not qualified for office because they “are deceived and would seek Satan because they refuse to make Jesus Lord.”

“Obama says to leave living babies to die who survive botched abortions, covers Jesus’ name and cross at Georgetown, fights unjust wars that result in Muslims persecuting Christians, and mocks God and our Founding Fathers’ Christian laws,” he explained.

“Jesus Christ is the second Person of the Godhead but, as a Mormon, Romney thinks: Jesus is a created being, the spirit brother of Lucifer; that men become Gods and that Christians are inferior people. Christians know Mormonism is Satanic,” Andrew added.

But “Paul is going to seek the LORD for the USA,” according to the pastor.

“Will you pray, ‘Father, who do you want for President? In Jesus’ name. Amen.’ When I prayed God told me, ‘Of the three, I want Ron Paul.’ It matches Scripture,” he insisted.

I'll post the video, but fair warning, the background music will make you want to punch babies...more than the idiot preacher does on his own...

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He thinks Romney works for me? Should I be insulted??

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This just in from the lunatic asylum...

Oh, this is f*cking hilarious...

Pastor: ‘God wants Ron Paul to be president… We must obey’

A California pastor says God has personally told him that Christians must vote for Rep. Ron Paul (R-CA) to be the next president of the United States.

“God wants Ron Paul to be President,” USA Christian Ministries Pastor Steven Andrew said in a statement released on Wednesday. “Paul is the only Christian still running who beat Obama in polls, but will Christians and pastors obey God?”

“We must obey God and vote for Christians.”

Andrew believes that President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney are not qualified for office because they “are deceived and would seek Satan because they refuse to make Jesus Lord.”

“Obama says to leave living babies to die who survive botched abortions, covers Jesus’ name and cross at Georgetown, fights unjust wars that result in Muslims persecuting Christians, and mocks God and our Founding Fathers’ Christian laws,” he explained.

“Jesus Christ is the second Person of the Godhead but, as a Mormon, Romney thinks: Jesus is a created being, the spirit brother of Lucifer; that men become Gods and that Christians are inferior people. Christians know Mormonism is Satanic,” Andrew added.

But “Paul is going to seek the LORD for the USA,” according to the pastor.

“Will you pray, ‘Father, who do you want for President? In Jesus’ name. Amen.’ When I prayed God told me, ‘Of the three, I want Ron Paul.’ It matches Scripture,” he insisted.

I'll post the video, but fair warning, the background music will make you want to punch babies...more than the idiot preacher does on his own...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    If you are intelligent and a control freak you go into finance. If you are not so bright and a control freak you go into politics. If you are certifiably stupid and a control freak, you become a minister.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    If Ron Paul is going to be the Willy Wonka of the White House the ompaloompa is already running the house of representatives. I still think the chocolate will suck worse than Hershey's.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can't read that cyan text on tapatalk. Is there some reason the default color is not sufficient?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wink You're the only person that cuntplains about it...

I can't read that cyan text on tapatalk.
    Sounds like a personal problem...

Is there some reason the default color is not sufficient?
    It's not all about YOU, bro!

But let me provide a synopsis: Idiot preacher says GAWD told him everybody has to be a Paulbot.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Guess this idiot preacher didn't get the memo that Ron Paul isn't remotely interested in starting World War III in Iran.

Which all those idiots believe is necessary to kick off the 7 year reign of my son, the Antichrist, and the eventual return of JC.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Idiot preacher probably barely reads...even the bible.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just saw this and of course thought of the good Dr....

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Sounds like a personal problem...

It's not all about YOU, bro!
    I'm the only one that has complained because I'm probably the only one reading your posts.

34. Thanked Dr. Love for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (07-12-2012)

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just saw this and of course thought of the good Dr....

I haven't posted about Ron Paul in about a month...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm the only one that has complained because I'm probably the only one reading your posts.

Yeah, just you and my stalker(s)...

I haven't posted about Ron Paul in about a month...

Yeah, but you still ♥ him, don't lie...

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, just you and my stalker(s)...

Yeah, but you still ♥ him, don't lie...
    I won't lie. I'd let him deliver my babies.

Dr. Lulz
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

By the way, we prefer to be called Ronulans.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

By the way, we prefer to be called Ronulans.
    Noted.

Thread Information