Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

If my memory serves correct, there were a lot of big tours in 2007 and Van Halen was still one of the biggest money makers. There is not a lot going on this coming year. You just know VH is going to make a mint out there with zero competition. They won't even have to check the rearview mirror.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• njbill
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
      If my memory serves correct, there were a lot of big tours in 2007 and Van Halen was still one of the biggest money makers. There is not a lot going on this coming year. You just know VH is going to make a mint out there with zero competition. They won't even have to check the rearview mirror.
      You know what they say, those Jews know how to make money!

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

There is not a lot going on this coming year. You just know VH is going to make a mint out there with zero competition. They won't even have to check the rearview mirror.
        Well, there are the septuagenarian Beach Boys with their 50th anniversary tour, but yeah, VH is going to do well this upcoming 2012 tour.
        Last edited by Little Texan; 12-29-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Springsteen is going to tour, and there's always the possibility that the Stones will go out for their 50th anniversary. but beyond those, i haven't heard of a lot of big tours for '12.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            Springsteen is going to tour, and there's always the possibility that the Stones will go out for their 50th anniversary. but beyond those, i haven't heard of a lot of big tours for '12.
            There is also Black Sabbath.

You can call 2012 the old timers year! Even Granny Madonna is coming out with a new album.

But the kind of attention VH gets is second to none.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Halen High
              Commando
              • Jul 2004

It will be interesting to see how well the tour does considering the state of the US economy. The number of stories we see on our news about people in the US living in poverty, unemployed, losing their homes......it's shocking. Even for people in full-time employment, attending a rock show in 2012 could be a bridge too far. This could be the reason for a lack of high profile tours planned. Of course, the bands could always consider lowering their ticket prices......

That said, people could also be looking for a distraction from their troubles, find the money somehow and get out for some Van Halen style good-time rock n' roll. I think the first single will be just that - a radio-friendly tune with a 'Dance the Night Away' vibe, but a little crunchier perhaps. The video snippets point to that and I love the setting they (Dave) chose for it - The Roxy.

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                I'm starting to think what a brilliant PR move.......say nothing till the tour's planned/booked and an album's in the can!
                Dave talked about this approach in an old interview (can't remember which one now - it may have been with Frank Meyer). The way he described how he would handle marketing and publicity for VH is almost a perfect template for what we have seen over the last year or so. Sometimes I get this surreal feeling about all this - fuck I am so stoked!!!

Comment

• rockhead
                  Roadie
                  • Jan 2006

I agree with Halen High theway the US economy is at the moment is very worying, if the US goes into another recession.Anyway Australia because of the dollar at the moment can certainly accomodate VH touring down under for as long as they want!.There is word on some Iron Maiden fan blogs, about unconfirmed reports of the band doing another retro tour this year, focusing on the early days part 3, which will be a retro 7th son tour.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

If people really want to see this VH tour they will get the money. Entertainment is one of the industries that can do well during down times but it has to be good and worth sacrificing for. People just aren't going to throw their money away on crap now. The problem with the economy is we are running up debt bailing out companies that should have just been left to the invisible hand to fail and then invested that money into something that would provide a return. In other words resources are being wasted on bailing out some con men while real production is starved. Then the Federal Reserve prints a bunch of funny money to rally the stock markets while the banks don't loan. This is why there is no hyperinflation even though the Fed is printing full steam ahead. Then you have the dumb assed government not putting together a long-term tax plan or economic plan. Businesses just don't hire when they don't know what their expenses are going to be because taxes and labor are the biggest expenses.

It really is a political problem more than an economic problem. The cronyism and collusion between business and government have actually killed the free market and the economy shows it.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

If they grossed $93 million during the 2007-08 tour, they'll easily surpass that amount in 2012 just on the coattails of a new album.

New music = higher visibility in the mainstream media.
                      http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• fletch
                        Groupie
                        • Jan 2004

This is fucking awesome and I cant believe someone did not film anything.....undercover of course!
                        you dumbass dogfucker!!

RATBASTARD/BY THE BOTTLE productions

Comment

• Grit
                          Roadie
                          • Oct 2011

Just a thought here . . . I put in VH Greatest Hits Vol 1 last night on my way home from work . . . Usually I listen to all the good stuff, then skip Spammy Hagar . . . except for 1 song "Humans Being". Love the music on this one. Wouldn't it be cool if David Lee Roth put his touch on this with new lyrics and they made it part of the show? The guitar, drums, bass really rock on this one. Hell . . . AC/DC did it with "Whole Lotta Rosie". Plus it would piss on Hagar a little as well!

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Grit
                            Plus it would piss on Hagar a little as well!
                            Unnecessary. By simply walking into a room and being photographed with Edward Van Halen, without words David Lee Roth says more about Van Halen and the truth about the group's place in history than any festering compost pile heaped with Hagar's comments (on any subject) ever could hope to.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fletch
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Grit
                              Just a thought here . . . I put in VH Greatest Hits Vol 1 last night on my way home from work . . . Usually I listen to all the good stuff, then skip Spammy Hagar . . . except for 1 song "Humans Being". Love the music on this one. Wouldn't it be cool if David Lee Roth put his touch on this with new lyrics and they made it part of the show? The guitar, drums, bass really rock on this one. Hell . . . AC/DC did it with "Whole Lotta Rosie". Plus it would piss on Hagar a little as well!
                              are you kidding me? Roth redoing a Van Hagar tune? seriously!!! bullshit....no way!
                              you dumbass dogfucker!!

RATBASTARD/BY THE BOTTLE productions

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                “I just loved the first time they played “Running With The Devil” it sounded exactly like it did when I was working box office at The Whisky.” – Kathy[/I]
                                I hate to rain on an otherwise great parade but I fear that means piped in backing vocals again.

Comment

Working...