Still Shots from DLR Video (Roth Army Gallery)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Just my .02, but it makes no sense bashing the young lady based on pure speculation...

I'm guilty of that in the past as well, by the way....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hummarstra
      Commando
      • Feb 2004

Total awesomeness. Used to live in NYC it's cool to see Dave there looking bitching. Noticed he's rubbing his feat in one pic. Foot pain? He's always talked about that.
      Last edited by Hummarstra; 01-01-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Hummarstra
        For pieces of shit like me, what "DLR video" is this from?
        I guess anyone who's not been here for a few days will be thinking WTF.

Dave released part 1 of a video scrapbook to the Army:

This is the LINK

Scroll down a few posts and it's there. DLR rounding up cattle, flying 'copters, dancing around to the O'Jays, hanging out with a dog while wearing baggy overalls, shimmying around shiny floors, and wielding those katana things - just the usual Dave fare ...
        Last edited by VHscraps; 01-01-2012, 03:52 PM.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by VHscraps
          In one of the shots he is sitting outside the American Museum of Natural History, and there is a banner behind him for an exhibition called 'Race to the End of the Earth' - a quick Google establishes that it ran between June 2010 and 02 Jan. 2011. So, the pix are from about this time - winter - last year?
          Thats like csi dave lol
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

It's been CSI Van Halen for several years!! ... but without any evidence to go on until the last week.

My obsessions are inspired by the sixties movie Blow Up, where a dude discovers that he has unwittingly taken pictures of a murder - he only notices it when looking the prints REALLY closely later on.

A film also notable for a Yardbirds performance that has Page and Beck onstage together - what the hell, it's New Years Day. Here's Jeff Beck smashing his guitar ...

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Bust up the guitar over a cable jack problem. To bad they didn't have George L's cables in those days or Neutrik jacks.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

reminiscent of pre signed the who ....the old pub days with townsend trashing the guitar
                Last edited by vandeleur; 01-01-2012, 04:36 PM. Reason: shite spelling

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Just my .02, but it makes no sense bashing the young lady based on pure speculation...

Just seems odd that she is the PR person for Eddie, Alex, and Wolfgang Van Halen ---- and we havent heard an official peep about them in the last 3.5 years.

Eddie is the PR person for VH ---- Janie is acting in the capacity of Sexual Satisfier and Photo-Op Arm Candy for one Mr. Ed Van Halen ---- that's a lot closer to her official duties.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    reminiscent of pre signed the who ....the old pub days with townsend trashing the guitar
                    I remember Jack Casady telling us about being at the Monterey Pop Festival. He said he came from the approach that your instrument was a sacred object to be cherished and taken care of. Musical instruments and equipment were expensive and you took care of them. He said also he was in the San Fransisco scene and it was about love, peace, California dreaming and sunshine. He said the Jefferson Airplane hadn't gotten political at that point yet.

He said what really threw him was seeing these bands from Britain like The Who coming over and seeming angry and full of pent up energy ready to explode. He said seeing the destruction on stage really threw him. He didn't know what to think of it other than those guys had some issues. LOL!

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      I remember Jack Casady telling us about being at the Monterey Pop Festival. He said he came from the approach that your instrument was a sacred object to be cherished and taken care of. Musical instruments and equipment were expensive and you took care of them. He said also he was in the San Fransisco scene and it was about love, peace, California dreaming and sunshine. He said the Jefferson Airplane hadn't gotten political at that point yet.

He said what really threw him was seeing these bands from Britain like The Who coming over and seeming angry and full of pent up energy ready to explode. He said seeing the destruction on stage really threw him. He didn't know what to think of it other than those guys had some issues. LOL!
                      The who at monterey is a kinda iconic rock moment , and then hendrix followed. It must have been a mind fuck to see .

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Not bashing her, just pointing out that things have changed. She got them through the tour that brought them back to us. I give her kudos for that.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Jack said it was the best festival period. So did Grace Slick. He just said it was well organized. The crowd and police were nice. Plenty of restrooms which Jack said there were non backstage at Woodstock. He said Woodstock was just big. He said Altamont was so horrid that they just wanted to get the hell out of there and hitchhiked back to San Fransisco not wanting to wait for a helicopter to get them out of there. It was the first big US exposure to The Who and The Jimi Hendrix Experience and the first US exposure to destroying equipment on stage. Jack said Monterey Pop was fabulous for everyone. The audience and the musicians who had a lot of fun hanging with each other. He said nothing ever topped it for him.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                            Not bashing her, just pointing out that things have changed. She got them through the tour that brought them back to us. I give her kudos for that.
                            She probably not only saved Eddie's career but his life. Was money a motivation? Probably. There seems to be more to it than just that. I mean if Gene Simmons had no money Shannon Tweed wouldn't give him the time of day but along with that there seems to actually be some sort of emotional bond. It's probably the same with Ed and his second wife.

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Issues!! Yeah, I reckon. Daltrey was usually more restrained, but I think he wrote some of the lines in 'I Can't Explain' - the ones about kicking down doors that get in his way. Here at the end of a TV performance, Townshend casually tips over the amp / speaker stack, before walking over to be interviewed - and then a few minutes into the interview is attacked by Moon, who attempts to destroy his clothes ... hilarious stuff.

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by VHscraps
                                Issues!! Yeah, I reckon. Daltrey was usually more restrained, but I think he wrote some of the lines in 'I Can't Explain' - the ones about kicking down doors that get in his way. Here at the end of a TV performance, Townshend casually tips over the amp / speaker stack, before walking over to be interviewed - and then a few minutes into the interview is attacked by Moon, who attempts to destroy his clothes ... hilarious stuff.
                                Awsome clip .. fav bit is when they sorta out russell harty when he asks them about their wives ,

Comment

Working...