Thread: Dude electrocutes himself while talking about amp safety.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-19-2024 @ 03:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries

Dude electrocutes himself while talking about amp safety.

Well at least he showed us what happens when you don't do what he said.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Nitro Express for this KICKASS post:

VHscraps (01-01-2012)

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Fantastic
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

which is why I take my AMP's in for repair....leave it to somebody else to get jolted!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Nothing like stupidity captured on video...particularly when it is caught in the act of preaching safety or awareness.

6. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Nitro Express (01-01-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt White View Post
    which is why I take my AMP's in for repair....leave it to somebody else to get jolted!
    I remember working on a construction project and the electrician came in and he was just feeling the wires to see if they were hot. he would grab one and get shocked and go "That one is hot!". I asked him if he had ever heard of a meter or test light. He said his method was quicker. All I can say is he did have curly hair. That man probably had received a lot of voltage from being too lazy to go to the truck and get a multimeter.

It was a log home so you don't have the studs on the outside walls to run the wires. So you run them in the baseboard and around the door jams. Sometimes you route a channel into the floor boards and put a steel plate over them. Anyways he had to run some Romex and the floor hadn't had the wire channel routed in it yet. He was going to go to the truck and get his router and the log builder goes you don't need no damn router. He grabs his chainsaw and starts cutting a channel through the wood with the tip of his chainsaw blade. Two cycle engine smoke is filling the house and it's wintertime and everything is closed up. We had to open all the doors to get rid of the smoke and carbon monoxide and of course that got rid of the heat too on a minus 5F day.

All I can say is the construction industry is full of some interesting people to say the least. What they sometimes do to save time or make things easier is highly questionable.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-01-2012 at 02:56 PM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Nothing like stupidity captured on video...particularly when it is caught in the act of preaching safety or awareness.

Our government at work. Nice to know our DEA agents are so well trained. I wouldn't be on the same range with the dude. I used to be a range master and teach gun safety. You never put your finger on the trigger until the sights are on what you intend to shoot. I never liked Glocks because I think the safety setup is lousy. Too light of a trigger pull and the only safety is a little lever in the trigger. If a round is in the pipe you need at least an 8 pound trigger pull on the first shot to be safe. That makes it like a revolver. He probably wouldn't have shot himself then. That first pull on a Glock is just too light to be safe for a in the field defense weapon.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I remember working on a construction project and the electrician came in and he was just feeling the wires to see if they were hot. he would grab one and get shocked and go "That one is hot!". I asked him if he had ever heard of a meter or test light. He said his method was quicker. All I can say is he did have curly hair. That man probably had received a lot of voltage from being too lazy to go to the truck and get a multimeter.

It was a log home so you don't have the studs on the outside walls to run the wires. So you run them in the baseboard and around the door jams. Sometimes you route a channel into the floor boards and put a steel plate over them. Anyways he had to run some Romex and the floor hadn't had the wire channel routed in it yet. He was going to go to the truck and get his router and the log builder goes you don't need no damn router. He grabs his chainsaw and starts cutting a channel through the wood with the tip of his chainsaw blade. Two cycle engine smoke is filling the house and it's wintertime and everything is closed up. We had to open all the doors to get rid of the smoke and carbon monoxide and of course that got rid of the heat too on a minus 5F day.

All I can say is the construction industry is full of some interesting people to say the least. What they sometimes do to save time or make things easier is highly questionable.
    Interesting is one way of saying it. Unbalanced, functioning alcoholics is another. The truth is, even with a meter, some of these electricians are so certifiably stupid they never could tell if something was hot or not. For instance, after an entire crew of them had dicked around for a day and a a half on a site I was demoing, they gave the all-clear. I climb up on a ladder and start knocking out a section of ceiling. My hammer hits a line that just happens to be alive with 220! I could feel it taking hold, and had the presence of mind to yell to my friend Kevin, who did the only thing he could: Come running, leap into the air and kick the ladder out from under me. I hit the ground on my feet, and still clutching the hammer went after the electrician, who saw what happened and was beating a hasty exit toward his van I threw the hammer square at his head, missing by an inch but having enough force to go straight through the wall, which was insulated. It came out the other side, where I retrieved it, but it was too late, he was gone. And the bastard never returned to the site after that. The thing is, this was a regular occurrence on the jobs I worked. These numbnutz were going to injure or kill someone, and even the GC had enough and stopped hiring the outfit, even though they were always the lowest bid.

My boss was so tired of folks getting hurt on the job, he actually held a meeting asking us to be more careful. This didn't work, as a co-worker collapsed a section of wall on me, giving me a concussion. My boss had to pay out of pocket for the medical treatment, so for the first time ever, he created an insurance package for us. He saved money other ways, such as refusing to supply us treated (fire-proof or water resistant) backing for bathroom construction (used to support faucets and wheelchair handles), and would tell us to go outside and use the wood that was holding up the freshly planted trees!

And this crap wasn't just limited to taking place here in the sunshine state. There was the story of the two man demo team in Chicago trying to remove some very stuck carpet on a winter's day. Yup, it was too cold to open the windows, but this didn't stop them from pouring gasoline all over the place. Needless to say, one guy was found blasted through the front window of the house across the street, while the other was burned to a lump of charcoal.

But my favorite tale was of one of my coworkers getting locked in a porta-potty by a practical joker on a miserably hot day. The victim of this prank took it so well that he buried a 4 foot level into the skull of the guy that pulled it. The pissed of guy then left the job, packed up his truck and attempted to flee the state, but was caught and charged with attempted murder before he got out of the county.

Lunatics, nearly every last one of them. You can see why I fit in so well.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Yup. Most the construction work I did was in industrial plants doing refractory demolition and replacement. We were working in a eleven story tall boiler at a big coal fired power plant when some idiot opened the damper on the stack. We started to leave the ground due to the huge suction produced and thank God the scaffolding was there to grab onto. It was always nice to sign the sheet with your lockout number and put your lock on the switch or lever that would stop some idiot from turning it on and killing you. Had plenty of close calls even with that.

We did a lot of work for the Department of Energy in nuclear facilities. The advantage of that is everyone had to get a security clearance and drug tested. It weeded out a lot of the bad wood.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-01-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I did masonry work, punchout, framing custom homes, etc. when I was in my 20s. Discovered real soon that those were high-risk jobs, as I would see people in convenience stores weeks or months after a job ended, with their arms in slings, casts, on crutches, whatever. Had numerous close calls with nailguns, or trying to lay down plywood substrate on rafters on windy days, etc.

No thanks. I am NOT a thrill seeker. No, I am not going to climb El Capitan with no ropes. No, I am not going to skydive. If man were meant to do that he would have wings.
    I am not going to drive 150mph in a car, even if the car is capable of it. No, I will not go bungee jumping, base diving, swimming in the ocean where there are carnivorous beasts larger than I am, and on that note, I am not going to go walking around where grizzlies, lions, tigers, cobras, crocs, etc. are hanging out, much less doing so without an AK47 and some hand grenades.

I leave the hi-risk stuff to thrill junkies and stupid people. I figure I have a better chance of living to 100 that way. Bad enough I take my life in my hands just driving down the freeway.

12. 2 users say thank you to Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

chefcraig (01-01-2012),Little Texan (01-02-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    My dad at one time had over 500 bricklayers on his payroll. I liked the old school ones. They were real craftsmen and did some beautiful work very few people today would be able to do. Masonry goes back in my dad's line 500 years. My grandparents home was a fabulous display of it. My dad said it took over a month just to build the fireplace. The guy that still owns the home just barely had to replace the original air conditioning unit that was originally installed in 1952! I guess my grandfather put the best of the best in that home. It even had radiant stone floors before that became normal for homes. They laid the stones in a cement base and then ground the whole floor down smooth. It was fun as hell to roll your Hot Wheels or Matchbox cars on. All I know is that floor was a shit load of work to build. The business had leaned towards the industrial side when I had my turn in it. Two weeks after I got my driver's license I was driving a two ton flat bed loaded with brick. That was a hell of a way to get used to driving a stick shift.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    I did masonry work, punchout, framing custom homes, etc. when I was in my 20s. Discovered real soon that those were high-risk jobs, as I would see people in convenience stores weeks or months after a job ended, with their arms in slings, casts, on crutches, whatever. Had numerous close calls with nailguns, or trying to lay down plywood substrate on rafters on windy days, etc.

No thanks. I am NOT a thrill seeker. No, I am not going to climb El Capitan with no ropes. No, I am not going to skydive. If man were meant to do that he would have wings.
    I am not going to drive 150mph in a car, even if the car is capable of it. No, I will not go bungee jumping, base diving, swimming in the ocean where there are carnivorous beasts larger than I am, and on that note, I am not going to go walking around where grizzlies, lions, tigers, cobras, crocs, etc. are hanging out, much less doing so without an AK47 and some hand grenades.

I leave the hi-risk stuff to thrill junkies and stupid people. I figure I have a better chance of living to 100 that way. Bad enough I take my life in my hands just driving down the freeway.
    I do most the stuff you listed. The scariest has been driving on the freeway. The bears, diving, and mountain climbing are nothing compared to driving at high speeds with idiots on the road.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

No shit. At least bears are not texting while doing 80 down the freeway, lol.

16. Thanked Hardrock69 for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (01-02-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    No shit. At least bears are not texting while doing 80 down the freeway, lol.
    I killed a black bear with a .357 magnum one time. Not that I was intentionally going after it and that certainly isn't the best firearm to use but the mother fucker charged me and I let open. I finally jumped to the side and put a round through the side of it's head and dropped it. When we skinned it out the first two bullets just slid up between the skull and skin. A bear skull is thick and sloped and hard to penetrate. I have never had problems with grizzly's but black bears are the mother fuckers. My mom had one come after her while leaving a boat dock. I still have that bear skin hanging on my wall.

Speaking of brick my cousin was on a brick job building a forrest service building and a bobcat came onto the job site. He threw a brick to scare the thing off and ended up killing it. They made a rug out of the bobcat and it laid across my aunt's grand piano. LOL!

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I am like you, I'd rather be safe than sorry. What gets me is the people that do those things and have a catastrophic accident from doing it that nearly kills them, and after they heal from their injuries they go right back to doing the same shit that nearly killed them! I'll never understand the sheer stupidity of people like that.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

This is one man who amazingly didn't die in one of his stunts and died an old man in bed. Some people just want to risk their lives to be legends I guess.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

First guy I ever got an autograph from.

I look at people who are stupid enough to do shit like hanging around grizzlies like the one dude who convinced his girlfriend to go with him, and they both became dinner.

Crocodile Hunter died accidentally.....but for years I said the fucker deserves to get eaten by a croc, or bitten by one of those fucking puff adders he would grab by the tail and say "BOY IS HE PISSED!".

I mean, that shit is just asking for it. Grizzly dude deserved what he got. Fuck that motherfucker. I can understand wanting the adrenaline rush, but there is a difference between being an adrenaline junkie and having a death wish.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    First guy I ever got an autograph from.

I look at people who are stupid enough to do shit like hanging around grizzlies like the one dude who convinced his girlfriend to go with him, and they both became dinner.

Crocodile Hunter died accidentally.....but for years I said the fucker deserves to get eaten by a croc, or bitten by one of those fucking puff adders he would grab by the tail and say "BOY IS HE PISSED!".

I mean, that shit is just asking for it. Grizzly dude deserved what he got. Fuck that motherfucker. I can understand wanting the adrenaline rush, but there is a difference between being an adrenaline junkie and having a death wish.
    Evel's Uncle owned a little store in the town where my grandmother lived. It was of course called Kneval's. We went in one day to buy candy and the man himself was there visiting his uncle. It was like meeting God. LOL!

You mean that stupid dude that lived with the bears in Alaska? The local native people tried to convince him what he was doing was wrong. I mean humans are humans and bears are bears. Probably what set those bears off was they were having sex and the sounds and smells probably got them all riled up.

We had a lot of bear attacks last year along the continental divide. Typically if you just make a lot of noise while hiking they will take off. You will never see them. Seems like the new bear spray stuff works. The people that try to out run a bear are toast. You can't outrun them. Playing dead may save you but then it may not. Giving the bear a good dose of hot pepper pain in the face seems to work pretty good. Probably better than a gun which like I said, might just make it mad.

I was hoping an Alaskan bear would chew on and maul Sarah Palin while she was playing Mrs. Macho gun nut on her reality show. Too bad it never happened.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,401 Times in 6,056 Posts

I leave the hi-risk stuff to thrill junkies and stupid people. I figure I have a better chance of living to 100 that way.
    That chance is still less than 1 in 4000 but hopefully will improve.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2013 @ 06:25 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Pure genius

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post

Incredible...

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post

This is one man who amazingly didn't die in one of his stunts and died an old man in bed. Some people just want to risk their lives to be legends I guess.
    He was only 69 and died in bed because he drank himself to death. I know a guy who is a stuntman and he said Evil was a real piece of work. Said he was always drunk belligerent and threatening to sue him constantly because he uses a Harley to jump with and has broken some of Evil's records.

Thread Information