Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roth & Roll
    Foot Soldier
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by mohican
    "While the situation was uncomfortable, “There was literally not an ounce of rock star bullbleep,” a spy said of Alex, “But his wife was making a big deal complaining about it.”

I wouldn't move either if someone is being prima donna about it. It's not like they're newlyweds and can't sit apart for 4 hrs.
    It's just common courtesy, dude. I'm on flights at least twice a month because of my job, and since I usually travel alone, I'll often volunteer to swap my seat in order to accommodate a couple, or family who are not seated together.

Sorry man, but Al Roker was being a dick - the fact that he was apparently pretending to ignore what was going on around him while playing with his phone shows he couldn't even face Alex and his future ex-wife - kind of cowardly if you ask me.
    http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• TJMKID
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
      Sorry man, but Al Roker was being a dick - the fact that he was apparently pretending to ignore what was going on around him while playing with his phone shows he couldn't even face Alex and his future ex-wife - kind of cowardly if you ask me.

I agree Roker sounds rather douchey in this whole incident ---- but I'm starting to feel very bad for Dave as he deals with Al's wife on this world tour!

Hopefully, the Big Reverend will do the manly thing and keep her locked up in the L.A. mansion with a pile of credit cards to burn through.

Isn't this Alex's 4th wife? The guy gets a solid "F" when it comes to his personal life. Let's hope Uncle Dave can teach Wolfie how to have the right perspective on women.
      Last edited by TJMKID; 01-04-2012, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
        I heard Dave's final day at his CBS radio show was a huge "FUCK YOU" to the brass who fucked him over in favor of Opie and Anthony.

Speaking of radio dickheads ---- is Howard Stern gonna have VH on his show while they are in NYC ?? Stern and Dave had a falling out ever since that failed CBS stint.
        Yeah Stern ripped Dave because he said Dave blew him off when he tried to give him advice. I don't think Eddie is fond of Howard Stern either because Stern said some shit about Val.

I really doubt you are going to see VH do Stern. They don't need him.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
          Being on a trans-continental flight with Al Roker would drive anyone nuts ---- kudos to Ed and Alex for not beating the shit out of him
          I never liked the fat fuck. He was fat and then it's like he had all the fat sucked out of him so he had this loose skin look. Now he just looks like a bad eugenics experiment that went horribly wrong. He's got this plastic look to him now.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

There's a separate post on the Roker dickish stunt, continue Roker talk in there....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR'sCock
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Back to the Cafe Wha? gig.....I know a journalist who writes for a paper here in NJ and he was asked to attend the show. Lucky bastard! I did ask if he needed an assistant. haha....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

It's going to be interesting to see just how much video is leaked, or if some "official" snippets will be released....

Twitter should be busy during the show, just gotta find the Tweets....

I'll retweet what I can....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'd have to assume that given this is a by invitation press event... there will be official and authorized media releases all over the map tomorrow.

Any indication what time this event is scheduled for?
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Trunk said 8pm ET....

Comment

• 1971Quarter
                      Roadie
                      • Feb 2006

Ha. I was just going to ask if anybody knew what time the EVENT started ... Is anybody planning on hanging out outside the club? I work in NYC, so I'm thinking it might be cool to try to hear the new music.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        It's going to be interesting to see just how much video is leaked, or if some "official" snippets will be released....

Twitter should be busy during the show, just gotta find the Tweets....

I'll retweet what I can....
                        there is bound to be some tweets from the show at the very least
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by 1971Quarter
                          Ha. I was just going to ask if anybody knew what time the EVENT started ... Is anybody planning on hanging out outside the club? I work in NYC, so I'm thinking it might be cool to try to hear the new music.
                          250 seater venue , am sure they will take the roof off , you will probably here it for blocks
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by 1971Quarter
                            I'd have to think that there will be security to stop what would be probably hundreds of people from doing the same thing outside....

And then you think, they were rehearsing outside the fucking Roxy for 2 months and no one knew, so maybe you'd have better luck tomorrow night.....

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                              Full Member Status

• May 2010

I couln't remember the proper word.. so, I was googl'n around the net trying to remember then it dawned on me, ahh...! "Webcam"..well I couldn't see any liks to the Cafe Wha' having one as mentioned by someone earlier in this thread.
                              I like webcams during events I can't get to, the quality is not great so pirating usable vid wouldn't be a issue for the band (usually without audio), but watching VH inside the bar during this thursday gig would be the shizzznit!

Mutha On Bitches!
                              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                And then you think, they were rehearsing outside the fucking Roxy for 2 months and no one knew,
                                Hiding in plain site... a brilliant move if you think about it.

Comment

Working...