Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Van Halen to Perform at New York's Cafe Wha? This Thursday

Band expected to debut new single sometime this month

By ANDY GREENE
    January 2, 2012 7:55 PM ET

Journalists across New York have been invited to a Van Halen concert at the Cafe Wha? in Greenwich Village this Thursday. Though nothing is official, word is the band are going to perform a 45-minute set. The group hasn't played in public since the end of their 2007/'08 reunion tour with original frontman David Lee Roth, though they have been rehearsing for their upcoming world tour at the Roxy in Los Angeles for the past few months. A new album is in the works, and a new image released by the band has the date 2.7.12 on it. A new video and single is expected to hit sometime this month. The tour goes on sale January 10th.

The 250-seat Cafe Wha? may seem like an unlikely place for Van Halen to launch their new tour, but the club has an important family connection to David Lee Roth. His uncle Manny Roth owned and operated the venue, providing a stage to then-up-and-coming acts such as Jimi Hendrix, Bill Cosby, Bob Dylan, Richard Pryor and many others.

While the Van Halen camp has been extremely quiet about the band's plans for 2012, they recently put up a giant billboard in Times Square and teaser footage showing the band rehearsing at the Roxy. They have also given the fansite VHLINKS two exclusive videos of the band reminiscing about Eddie Van Halen's old Volvo and judging wet T-shirt contests back in the Seventies. The site also says that a "trusted source" tells them the band has been "busy booking rehearsal space and hotel rooms for the band and their crew for [this] week in NYC."
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Holy fuck!!!!...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Fuck Me Holy.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2010

Holy Fuck indeed!

Comment

• INeedYou
          Groupie
          • Jan 2012

Hell to the Yeah! Sounds brilliant to me... The Scrapbook video with Dave hanging out ties in prefectly!
          No light at the end of the tunnel, due to budget constraints...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Good news is good news...
            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

NYC area Army members: You have your orders......

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• steve
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

Dupe thread by me, and I thought I was first. Nuke it!

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Makes sense and a lot of bands have done this to hype a tour.....

WTF, they mention The Links and not us......assholes!
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

HA! Somebody get their cell phone cam on this one..............

Crazy....shoot a DVD of this performance Damn it all!!!

Comment

• High Life Man
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2004

Calling Mr. Walker...

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by INeedYou
                        Hell to the Yeah! Sounds brilliant to me... The Scrapbook video with Dave hanging out ties in prefectly!
                        Yeah, time to watch it again for more clues??? Hmmmm....
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Ain't no way there won't be video of this show all over the internet - somebody HAS to record this!!!!
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• hain23x
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

as soon as i heard about them going to nyc i had a feeling they might play there one way or another.
                            Eat Us and Smile!
                            Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• steve
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2004

step 1. buy 30 power bars and one of those camelpacks. Step 2. hide in "Cafe Wah?" duckwork. Step 3. Be very still for 4 days. Step 4. Record Show. Step 5. Two minutes into the show realize your digital recorder ran out of batteries.

Comment

Working...