Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
    I heard he recently got fired from his long-time gig at KLOS ---- but supposedly about to start a new show on Sirius XM.
    Really...any idea on what channel?

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

I heard he recently got fired from his long-time gig at KLOS ----.

and very unceremoniously at that. They fired him & didn't even allow a farewell show. The local AM talk radio/politics station gave him a 4 hour timeslot to have a farewell show. AM station that has Rush Limbaugh & such. Very fucking cool of that station to do this for a Los Angeles legend.

LONG LIVE FREE FORM RADIO!
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        and very unceremoniously at that. They fired him & didn't even allow a farewell show. The local AM talk radio/politics station gave him a 4 hour timeslot to have a farewell show. AM station that has Rush Limbaugh & such. Very fucking cool of that station to do this for a Los Angeles legend.

LONG LIVE FREE FORM RADIO!

Can't say I'm too surprised at that ---- there's consequences when Clear Channel controls 90% of all the terrestrial radio stations in the U.S.

In a few years, the only radio stations remaining will be on satellite or the Interwebs ---- CHANGE, AINT NOTHIN' STAYS THE SAME.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Can't say I'm too surprised at that ---- there's consequences when Clear Channel controls 90% of all the terrestrial radio stations in the U.S.

In a few years, the only radio stations remaining will be on satellite or the Interwebs ---- CHANGE, AINT NOTHIN' STAYS THE SAME.
          The main reason radio sucks now. I was glad Dave didn't give in and just chose to bail out of the joke of an industry it has become. Dave didn't suck corporate cock.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• TJMKID
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            The main reason radio sucks now. I was glad Dave didn't give in and just chose to bail out of the joke of an industry it has become. Dave didn't suck corporate cock.

I heard Dave's final day at his CBS radio show was a huge "FUCK YOU" to the brass who fucked him over in favor of Opie and Anthony.

Speaking of radio dickheads ---- is Howard Stern gonna have VH on his show while they are in NYC ?? Stern and Dave had a falling out ever since that failed CBS stint.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WACF
              Really...any idea on what channel?
              that's the first i heard of it. could be multiple channels, some of the Boneyard guys work on Hair Nation or Octane. maybe he'd end up on Deep Tracks.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• hailngirl
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Dec 2011

Anyone hear how Al Roker caused a stink against Ed and Al on their flight out to NY? I heard this from a friend who was on the flight, but I dont trust her slutty ass.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Roker did the Rose Parade broadcast for NBC, so it's at least plausible that they were on the same flight.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by hailngirl
                    Anyone hear how Al Roker caused a stink against Ed and Al on their flight out to NY? I heard this from a friend who was on the flight, but I dont trust her slutty ass.

Being on a trans-continental flight with Al Roker would drive anyone nuts ---- kudos to Ed and Alex for not beating the shit out of him

Comment

• hailngirl
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Roker did the Rose Parade broadcast for NBC, so it's at least plausible that they were on the same flight.
                      Seems odd. She said it over some dog, and then Al and his wife sat in Business class. Just weird.... oh well. great site by the way, glad to be here.

Comment

• redblkwht
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Being on a trans-continental flight with Al Roker would drive anyone nuts ---- kudos to Ed and Alex for not beating the shit out of him
                        Seriously, He is an annoying dweeb..

EUAS

Comment

• mohican
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2011

Here ya go

Rock duo can’t move Roker

Last Updated: 12:44 AM, January 4, 2012

Al Roker nearly “pulled apushy n Alec Baldwin” on an American Airlines flight when he refused to give up his aisle seat for rocker Alex Van Halen and his wife, Stine Schyberg, and remained glued to his phone after the gate closed to tune out the couple’s protests.

After hosting the Rose Bowl in LA on Monday, the campy “Today” meteorologist avoided a fiery confrontation on AA flight No. 4 to New York when his first-class companions, the Van Halen co-founder and his wife, bitterly complained to the gate agent that Roker was sitting between them as the plane sat on the ground.
                          Getty Images
                          Al Roker

Witnesses said Alex was seated by the right- side window, his wife in the center of the cabin, with Roker in the aisle seat between them. Alex’s brother and Van Halen co-founder Eddie and his wife, Janie Liszewski, were seated in the row behind them.

“Alex complained, ‘We’re not together, Mr. Roker’s seat is between ours,” a spy said. “Al was looking at his phone, desperately trying to ignore the whole situation.”

When the agent asked Roker to move to the aisle seat in the first-row center, he stated that he’s “allergic to dogs,” a source tells us. A passenger with a little dog in a crate was in the row behind Roker, and moving to the aisle would have put him three seats away, rather than four.

To sit together, Alex and Stine then swapped with passengers in business class, our spy said, adding that a relieved Al “said ‘Hello’ to the new people when they sat down, after hiding from the Van Halens by texting.”

Roker, who then turned his phone off, seemed to have better etiquette than “30 Rock” star Baldwin, who was bounced from a flight last month for unleashing his rage on a flight attendant who asked him to put his phone away.

While the situation was uncomfortable, “There was literally not an ounce of rock star bullbleep,” a spy said of Alex, “But his wife was making a big deal complaining about it.”

A rep for Van Halen told us the band “couldn’t be reached.” NBC declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/rock...#ixzz1iT3SyOE6

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i dunno, Roker worked here early in his career before he went to NYC. when he was on Stern a couple years ago he seemed okay and only ducked a few questions.

and then i read the post above mine...yeah, kinda douchey move there.
                            Last edited by twonabomber; 01-04-2012, 02:21 AM.

Comment

• mohican
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2011

"While the situation was uncomfortable, “There was literally not an ounce of rock star bullbleep,” a spy said of Alex, “But his wife was making a big deal complaining about it.”

I wouldn't move either if someone is being prima donna about it. It's not like they're newlyweds and can't sit apart for 4 hrs.

Comment

• TJMKID
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mohican
                                Last Updated: 12:44 AM, January 4, 2012

Al Roker nearly “pulled apushy n Alec Baldwin” on an American Airlines flight when he refused to give up his aisle seat for rocker Alex Van Halen and his wife, Stine Schyberg, and remained glued to his phone after the gate closed to tune out the couple’s protests.

While the situation was uncomfortable, “There was literally not an ounce of rock star bullbleep,” a spy said of Alex, “But his wife was making a big deal complaining about it.”

A rep for Van Halen told us the band “couldn’t be reached.” NBC declined to comment.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/rock...#ixzz1iT3SyOE6

2012 World Tour hasn't even started yet and we've already got drama high in the sky!

I just hope Ed and Alex dont somehow blame this incident on Dave ---- "God dammit, this never woulda happened if Roth didnt insist on a stupid Cafe Wha bullshit gig"

Comment

Working...