Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

No shit. I will NOT bet against you, my friend.

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by kwame k
      WTF, they mention The Links and not us......assholes!
      RS must be picking up tidbits of what's been happening from VHND - the Desk posted about those short interview clips being made available to the Links yesterday, even though they had appeared on here coupla days before.

I dunno, maybe the clips were on the Links first - too damn much happening it is difficult to keep track of it all ...
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
        I bet you $100 they're doing this gig specifically so they can film it and include it as a bonus disc for "Deluxe" versions of the new album. Almost no big-name new album comes out anymore without a $20 deluxe edition these days.

They'll film the gig, edit it within a couple of weeks and press a disc to include with the album for it's February release.

Betcha $100.

Would be awesome, but the time frame seems rather limited. It appears they already have everything locked up & ready to go. Can it be done that fast?
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Sounds like they're taking a page from the Stones. They always play a handful of "secret" club gigs right before they kick off a big tour.
          From me actually, I suggested they start out in a club...

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Good idea to do a warm up gig as expectations for this tour will be HUGE
            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• TJMKID
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

I'll walk up in the middle of the Cafe Wha? gig and slurp on Eddie's dirty dick if he announces that this show AND the entire '81 Oakland concert will be available on DVD in a couple months!

I would bet 99% of you gnarly chicks and dawgs out there would do the same thing if he actually said that.....

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Now THAT would be fantastic...

The question is will it be online that night ???
                My guess is the plug will get pulled, or it will be up but will crash due to the high volume of visitors.
                Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
                  I'll walk up in the middle of the Cafe Wha? gig and slurp on Eddie's dirty dick if he announces that this show AND the entire '81 Oakland concert will be available on DVD in a couple months!

I would bet 99% of you gnarly chicks and dawgs out there would do the same thing if he actually said that....
                  Uhhh.....I think I can safely say that I do not join you in that sentiment. As hungry as we are for all things Van Halen, there is a line.....
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
                    Yeah, it may look like a shit hole, but it would be unreal to see the mighty Van Halen in such an intimate setting.

Plant me right there...
                    Holy fuck!! It's Jimmy Jingles!! What up, bro? Loooooonnnng time....

Anyway, that is one SMALL fucking place.

It's gonna be loud as shit!!!!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Damn...just imagine the image of the band walking down the street and through that door...ready to conquer the fucking world again.

MacDougal Street is gonna be fucking packed!!

Comment

• bluemustard
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2006

On FaceBook I begged cafe wha? to stream it.
                        They "liked" my comment.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                          You can pretty much forget about streaming feeds or thinking Cafe Wha? will even be open to the public on Thursday. I expect that it will be exclusive to the media only.
                          The answer to that is to get some Roth Army folks press credentials!

VA Beach...use your connections and make that happen!!!

Comment

• golitely
                            Roadie
                            • Nov 2011

Madonna did a mini-concert from a London club to promote her last studio album and it was webcast. She is with Interscope now. I recall Paul McCartney did one too. Don't know if either were pay per view, but there is a precedent. So we can hope.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

wake up every morning and the news gets more and more crazy ....
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                                The answer to that is to get some Roth Army folks press credentials!

VA Beach...use your connections and make that happen!!!

I've already asked about it....

As of right now it looks like it WON'T be streamed, but that may change by Thursday, although I'm not confident of that....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...