Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Hail DLR and Eddie!

Little drunk jam from the bluetard!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

That's the pest thing you ever posted...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Best even...

Comment

• big fatty
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          Saw a report on the local news last night. Yesterday was World Record Store Day.

Seems that in 2011, vinyl sales were up 34% over 2010 according to Soundscan. And that is just NEW vinyl.

I scored some more albums a couple of days ago, for a couple of bux each!

BTO - Not Fragile - My cousin bought this for me when it was new back in the 70s....BTOs metal album!!! \m/ \m/
          Heart - Heart (still in the original shrink wrap) Yeah I know...their hair-metal album, lol, complete with crappy ballads, etc. but I like it....even though only 4 of the songs out of 10 were written by anyone in Heart.....
          ZZ Top - ZZ Top's First Album (also in the original shrink wrap!)
          ZZ Top - Fandango! (I have the remastered CD, but this album has no scratches, and hey...it's vinyl!)
          Deep Purple - Burn - Always dug this album

Back in 1982 I gave my vinyl collection (about 50 albums) to a roommate as I owed him money for utility bills and had no cash.....so I am going to rebuild the collection....I can pretty much see an album and remember if it was in my collection.....some of them I won't bother.....like Deep Purple and The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra's "Concerto For Band And Group" from 1970......I don't need the vinyl album because it was originally a TV broadcast, and it has been officially released on DVD complete with a documentary on how the entire thing came about.
          But for the most part....I am going to continue to seek out albums I used to have.

I wish I still had my original copies of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Yesterday & Today, and Hard Days Night....because they were albums my Mom bought new in the 60s....and I want them for sentimental reasons....

Ah well.

Vinyl rules!

My second album I ever got was BTO NOT FRAGILE, my pop brought home records all the time that he bought from A & B Sound on Seymour street in Vancouver on his way home from work, and I picked that one. I still love it. It rocks, and is nice and heavy. I like Roll On Down The Highway the best. They just released the LIVE IN JAPAN cd from 1977, with a new 40 anniversary edition hits collection, so I will get that one too.

My pop took me to the BTO concert at the Pacific Coliseum in town here back in 1976 because I liked them so much. I had a green glowstick and a BTO button from the concession stand. They played the song NOT FRAGILE , FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, and an extra long version of DONT GET YOURSELF IN TROUBLE, which included a special boogie jam called Slow Down Boogie. The opening band was a band called TROOPER, that Randy Bachman produced, and I liked them too, I guess I was only 8 years old at the time, but sort of still remember some of the details, although not as well as when my pop took me to see KISS on November 19, 1979, I remember that one well. My pop took pictures and recorded it with a tape recorder. I still have the tape and pictures. I can hear my pop telling the stoners to sit the fuck down so he can take the picture for me, as they were in the way as Gene was about to blow fire. I can hear my pops voice on the tape, L.O.L.

My first record was Beach Boys, Endless Summer, I also had the Sweet Blockbuster, at a young age, and used to play that stupid song " Little Willy " all the time. I still have my first KISS record too. My copy is the first batch of original pressings, and does NOT include the song, " KISSIN' TIME " on side two, as they added that one on after the album was already out. I Didn't even know about that until I got The Originals later, after Alive or Destroyer, in 1976. My first KISS record is very rare and valuable because of this, but not in mint condition. I inherited my pops record collection after he passed on, and it is a pretty big collection of about 800 records, Jazz, Classical, Blues, Pop and Rock. Lots of stuff, but I leave it all in the special plastic bags the way he liked, to keep them in good condition. He had all the Frank,Zappa, and there are at least 50 albums from Zappa alone, not to mention all the others.

It is not often I actually play the records, as I've got the cd's, but like having them for the covers and collection. I still pick up a few here and there once and a while just for the hell of it. I just made a cd of my RIOT albums, Fire Down Under, and Rock City, as I felt like listening to them more often for some reason. I like having the covers, and stuff you get inside of some of them.
          Last edited by big fatty; 10-21-2012, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Kinks greatest hits. Then Double Live Gonzo. They are both on the wall.

Comment

• Yount
              Commando
              • Jan 2012

I got my first vinyl in 2000. I'm sure I got a whole bunch at once:
              EEAS - David Lee Roth
              Skyscraper - David Lee Roth
              Out of this world - Europe
              Body language - De mont
              Slip of the tongue - Whitesnake
              Red - Roy Hagar
              Craazy from the heat - Roth
              Night Owl - Gerry Rafferty
              Open up and say ... ahh - Poison
              Amazing world - The venetians
              Rocky soundtrack
              Lightning strikes - Loudness
              There's more I can't remember.

Certainly a few doozies in there!

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

My first vinyl album was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, lol.

Sent from my GS2, bitches
                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• bluemustard
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

Roth on!!!

Comment

• bluemustard
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2006

I rap too!LOL

Comment

• bluemustard
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2006

The shredulator..new raw demo in progress..some tapping too.

Comment

• bluemustard
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2006

I made a Dolly.
                        I will rock ur world soon!
                        I made new songs..killer videos coming!
                        Yes chef!
                        LMFAO.

Rothfurlife

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Damn.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...